Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw Didn't Suck

[quote name='skinkrawl']I didn't like Dexter after Season 1. Other than the psycho girlfriend they introduced in Season 2 and Doakes, all of the other characters are cardboard. And Dexter isn't exactly based on a psychologically exact profile of serial killers. It was entertaining for a season, but during two it just lost something for me, and I thought three was ridiculous.

Breaking Bad is awesome; it gets really good in Season 3 and this new season should be great.

I haven't seen Twin Peaks in forever, since it came on. How does it hold up?[/QUOTE]

Season 4 brings Dexter back to Season 1. I personally enjoyed Season 2, while season 3 is probably just mediocre and the weakest of the bunch. Definitely watch Season 4 and see if it reignites the show for you.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Season 4 brings Dexter back to Season 1. I personally enjoyed Season 2, while season 3 is probably just mediocre and the weakest of the bunch. Definitely watch Season 4 and see if it reignites the show for you.[/QUOTE]

I think I tried a couple episodes of that one and couldn't get into it. I just dislike all the characters besides Dexter so much that whenever they deviate from him, the show loses all its momentum.

I recently got a bunch of seasons of Lost for really cheap from a video store that was closing. Is it worth starting? I've heard all kinds of reviews on it, so I'm debating whether I want to put my time into it.

[quote name='skinkrawl']I think I tried a couple episodes of that one and couldn't get into it. I just dislike all the characters besides Dexter so much that whenever they deviate from him, the show loses all its momentum.

I recently got a bunch of seasons of Lost for really cheap from a video store that was closing. Is it worth starting? I've heard all kinds of reviews on it, so I'm debating whether I want to put my time into it.[/QUOTE]

Depending oo if you want answers to the mysteries or a good ending for the characters will dictate how you like the ending. Watching them back-to-back would probably be less frustrating since you wouldn't have to wait years to see how it plays out.

Just finished Archer Season 1 off Netflix. Really fun show, and so glad all the episodes are a quick 20 minutes or so.

Started Reaper through Netflix, also, and have greatly enjoyed it. through episode 7/8.

If you folks out there haven't seen or heard of it, the newer show Happy Endings is pretty damn funny. Give it a shot, heck if just so you can tell your Co-workers "Hey! I really enjoy Happy Endings!"

I saw the premere, all it seemed to be was cute chicks thrown into a shitty show. So much potential with that kind of title. Sad.

Camelot. It's no Dexter but it is keeping me from never using my television outside of gaming sessions. Everything else I either forget to watch or ignore until the season (Burn Notice, Supernatural, Psych) is over then download or stream what I've missed. This on the other hand I haven't missed a new episode yet.

[quote name='jousley']If you folks out there haven't seen or heard of it, the newer show Happy Endings is pretty damn funny. Give it a shot, heck if just so you can tell your Co-workers "Hey! I really enjoy Happy Endings!"[/QUOTE]

I second this

I watch Undercover Boss, 60 Minutes, American Pickers, and Surivivor and that's it. Oh yea, and Walking Dead when it comes on again.

Other than that, I was the local and national news on CBS.

I watched Sold! on History, but it was terrible.

Finished Weeds Season 6 last night.

Man that show has really went down hill since they burned down Agrestic. It used to be funny as hell, now it's mostly drama and very few laughs. :(

Just finished all of the trailer park boys and the first season of Friday night lights. Both were amazing. Now I'm working on the first season of battlestar galactica and season 4 of psych. After that ill probably finish season 1 of breaking bad and then start mad men.

Finally got around to starting up Battlestar Galactica after noticing its all on the Amazon Prime streaming video now.

Watched the miniseries and first two episodes of season 1 yesterday. Loving it so far.

I'm 1/2 way through Season 4 of Breaking Bad on Netflix (with all of Season 5 so far hogging space on my DVR). It may be the best show I've ever seen. I can't believe how great it is.

I have to say that the best new show for the Summer imho has been "The Newsroom" on HBO.

A well acted and interesting look at a dramatization of the process and people in a newsroom.

Finished up BSG finally. I didn't think the ending was all that bad. Much better than Lost's IMO. But I was braced for it to be lackluster due to all the bitching.

Also started watching Archer with the girlfriend. We finished Season 1 yesterday. Loving it so far.

Have Season 6 of Dexter on Blu from Netflix to start on as well.

Tried to find the (really old) thread for The Office but it wasn't coming up for some reason.

I know it has fallen off the radar for many (including myself), but anyone have thoughts about the stunt they pulled last week? I saw some people flipping out about it after it was over and watched it on Hulu...seemed like an interesting enough twist for me to go out of my way to watch the follow-up tonight. If you didn't watch it and/or don't care to -
Jim and Pam had an argument that should probably be described as uncomfortable to watch, then Pam breaks down and they jump over the 4th wall by having a guy on the camera crew comfort her

I was hoping this going to be a mindfuck thing on the level of Roseanne's final season being all made up, or ALF getting captured by the government in the final episode, but this week I thought they kind of blew it a little. Subtlety goes a long way and there wasn't much of that to be found.
The camera guy literally saves Pam from getting beat up?
That's a little much for me. I know they are short on time at this point, but it seems like they are coming on way too strong with trying to make
a) Jim seem like an asshole all of a sudden and b) The crew member seem like the best guy ever

Regardless, I assume they'll be too afraid to have anything but a happy ending when the show concludes.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Tried to find the (really old) thread for The Office but it wasn't coming up for some reason.

I know it has fallen off the radar for many (including myself), but anyone have thoughts about the stunt they pulled last week? I saw some people flipping out about it after it was over and watched it on Hulu...seemed like an interesting enough twist for me to go out of my way to watch the follow-up tonight. If you didn't watch it and/or don't care to -
Jim and Pam had an argument that should probably be described as uncomfortable to watch, then Pam breaks down and they jump over the 4th wall by having a guy on the camera crew comfort her

I was hoping this going to be a mindfuck thing on the level of Roseanne's final season being all made up, or ALF getting captured by the government in the final episode, but this week I thought they kind of blew it a little. Subtlety goes a long way and there wasn't much of that to be found.
The camera guy literally saves Pam from getting beat up?
That's a little much for me. I know they are short on time at this point, but it seems like they are coming on way too strong with trying to make
a) Jim seem like an asshole all of a sudden and b) The crew member seem like the best guy ever

Regardless, I assume they'll be too afraid to have anything but a happy ending when the show concludes.[/QUOTE]

I popped onto hulu to watch the last few minutes of last week's office episode. I haven't watched the show since a couple episodes into the season after Michael left. That moment at the end of last week's episode is just ugh. You can always tell when a sitcom is going downhill and that's when they start relying on drama. It's fitting you mentioned Roseanne because that's another sitcom that tried the "serious moments" and fell flat on its face.

While the tone might have been slightly more heavy, this was always a show with some drama. Jim and Pam getting together and the fallout, Ryan as a cokehead, and Michael Scott vs. Dunder Mifflin are examples of this.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']While the tone might have been slightly more heavy, this was always a show with some drama. Jim and Pam getting together and the fallout, Ryan as a cokehead, and Michael Scott vs. Dunder Mifflin are examples of this.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I just don't remember any of those moments being particularly dramatic. Perhaps you are right about the tone aspect though. This certainly had a much more heavy tone than anything else they've done and certainly felt out of place. You raise an interesting point though, maybe the tone is more the falling point of sitcoms than just drama.

I think you hit it. Drama, there has been. The tone of the argument at the end of last week was just really heavy compared to what they have done before. Even the Ryan-doing-coke stuff would have Michael mugging for the camera in the background or whatever. This was something that didn't fit with the show, which is why it sort of reeled me in, at least for a week.

Finished Last Resort, I was disappointed that they did do more with the fact that a nuclear submarine gone rogue would be feared and wanted by all nations and instead they just wanted to do a story about how Chaplain was dealing with a nutjob US government. In that regard, it was a fine enough series, though I wish they would commission another series in limited episode blocks. What really ruined it was the sex scenes involving Autumn Reeser. Sure she's hot, but it's hard to take it seriously when in another scene you have a very heated argument between Speedman and Braugher or other characters for that matter.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Finished Last Resort, I was disappointed that they did do more with the fact that a nuclear submarine gone rogue would be feared and wanted by all nations and instead they just wanted to do a story about how Chaplain was dealing with a nutjob US government. In that regard, it was a fine enough series, though I wish they would commission another series in limited episode blocks. What really ruined it was the sex scenes involving Autumn Reeser. Sure she's hot, but it's hard to take it seriously when in another scene you have a very heated argument between Speedman and Braugher or other characters for that matter.[/QUOTE]

I was pleased by the fact that at least it had some kind of ending unlike "V" which ended on such a cliffhanger. Did not understand the point of what Reeser's character did to the president at the end and if that was needed. Also would have liked if somebody would have killed the island guy who was always trying to run things.

Finished Dexter Season 6. Another great season, but I hate cliffhanger endings.

Also finished the first 3 seasons of Archer with the girlfriend, and watched the first 3 of season 4 on the DVR. Loving that show as well.

81XQRaM2RxL._AA1500_.jpg

Incredible new British conspiracy thriller. Fans of Fringe, or LOST should like this, but it's a really unique show. Like a lot of British shows, there's only six episodes a season. Five episodes have aired so far, and the season finale is next week. Episode 1 hooked me right away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(TV_series)#Plot

I'm big on the History channel but never really watched their version of Top Gear (I know it's the US version of a BBC show) until a few nights ago. As I'm not a car person I was surprised I enjoyed it so much; unfortunately I guess Comcast bought rights to a lot of streaming sites now as I tried watching more on History.com but it says you need an Xfinity account. -_-

bread's done
Back