Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw Didn't Suck

I hate to say it but the colony is on to late for me and is only one one night a week unlike other shows on Discovery. So I have been downloading it and I'm liking it. It is the only new thing that I have been watching.

[quote name='VipFREAK']lol, Can't get enough of Weeds it's always a great show![/QUOTE]
Just this week I was talking to my wife about how they tamed Shane's craziness this season and just like that
Shane hits Pilar in the head with croquet mallet, don't miss the bear

Love Weeds as well, but I just watch when the Blu-ray/DVDs some out so I'm behind.

Finished Season 1 of Dexter and started on season 2. I'm loving it. Fantastic show!

[quote name='dmaul1114']Love Weeds as well, but I just watch when the Blu-ray/DVDs some out so I'm behind.

Finished Season 1 of Dexter and started on season 2. I'm loving it. Fantastic show![/QUOTE]
Dexter seriously creeps me out but I couldn't stop watching week after week. Did it bug anyone else that James Doakes looks almost exactly like Michael C. Hall character's boyfriend in Six Feet Under?

I started out the year with Dexter(after hearing about the show for years finally got around to watching). Instant hit can't wait for the next season. It even compelled me to read "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" the book based off the first season.

24 season 7 - Jack was once again kicking ass and taking names.

Breaking Bad Season 2(which ended rather weird though can't wait for the next season).

Reaper - Hated to see this one go :(

The Ultimate Fighter Season 9 - Uk vs USA Hendo vs Bisping this reaffirmed why I despise Bisping.

The Unusuals - It was alright but really this replaced Life on Mars? WTF?!?

BullRun - Season two a show that used to be on Spike TV back from the dead now on Speed Channel. Just as entertaining as it was before.

1000 Ways to Die - Entertaining how dumb people are sometimes.

Supernatural - heard many things about it and started watching went from Season 1 to 4 loved it(can't wait for season 5).

In Plain Sight season 2 - started at some point during the beginning of summer and was entertaining (a US Marshall named Marshall lol).

Ice Road Truckers(I hate most reality except for these dangerous jobs ones usually) pretty entertaining with a new location in Alaska.

Deadliest Catch(see above been watching this show since it premiered)Another great season and glad to see Phil back in the saddle again.

The Colony(starting watching since Deadliest Catch season ended pretty cool sadly no mutant zombies :( )

Raising the Bar(caught some episodes of season 1 last summer and didn't miss one this season)

Leverage(caught most of last seasons episodes and have not missed one this season only two episodes left I think?)

Dark Blue(new show by Jerry B nuff said I'm liking it so far)Hope this one gets renewed.

Crime 360 - Second season of real life homicide investigations in locations like Little Rock, Memphis, Buffalo, etc.

Pawn Stars - Somewhat entertaining on the History Channel but definitely not a must see.

Black Gold - Second season first one was pretty entertaining with the competition between oil rigs now it's just one rig. I'm not liking this season as much.

Man Vs Food - I liked the first season and liking this one so far.

The Wire(saw a few episodes when this was on HBO but it never caught my attention) Picked up seasons 1-5 on dvd now on Season 3 kicking myself for not giving it a shot years ago. The Wire > Sopranos

Bones, Law and Order CI & SVU, and NCIS reruns on TNT, Bravo, NBC, & USA - It seems no matter what time of day on one of these channels one of these shows are present.

Shows I'm looking forward to in a couple weeks

Sons of Anarchy Season 2
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 4 or 5?
Heroes Vol 5?
Dexter Season 4
The Ultimate Fighter Season 10

Of course College Football and NFL will take up most of my time. Maybe MLB if the Red Sox make it far into October.

I have seen some previews of new shows that look interesting like the one where all those people see into future?

Has anyone watched Fringe?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='homeland']Just got done with the John Adams hbo miniseries. Very well done and enlightening[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, I should finally watch it (as well as Band of Brothers, Dead zone s1/s2, Monk s4, and the wire s1) as I've still got them sealed.

[quote name='VipFREAK']lol, Can't get enough of Weeds it's always a great show![/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoo']Just this week I was talking to my wife about how they tamed Shane's craziness this season and just like that
Shane hits Pilar in the head with croquet mallet, don't miss the bear
.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Caught up on Weeds and saw the S5 season finale, loved it. :)

Just wonder what to expect for next season.

Yeah, the John Adams mini-series was damn good. Have it on DVD, though I wish I'd held off for Blu-ray (bought it before I had a BR player or plans to buy one).

Lots of football lately. Might turn WWE Raw as background noise tonight. Have been adamantly keeping up with Hell's Kitchen this year, especially with the CAG on it. Saw Ultimate Fighter last week, which was o.k.

Weeds just started its 5th season up in the Great White North, episode 2 aired yesterday. I'm used to the Blu's, so not being able to watch the next episode instantly is so painful!

[quote name='VipFREAK']What? Weeds ended the season in Aug.?[/QUOTE]
He said, in the "Great White North", aka Canada. Must not have started up there until now.

Finished The Wire last week. The Wire> Sopranos.

Watched first episode of Always Sunny nuts as usual!

Watched first two of Sons of Anarchy liking it so far.

Viewed season finale of Dark Blue pretty good new series.

DVR'd Heroes two hour premiere will probably watch tonight.

Season finale of The Colony tonight.

The last tv show I watched that was surprisingly good was How I Met Your Mother, it was actually funny. I don't watch a lot of TV so I have no idea how long its been out.

Speaking of Sunny, anybody catch that new cartoon show that aired after Sunny, Archer? It's just like Frisky Dingo, and it's awesome.

2 Hell's Kitchen yesterday night followed by going back and forth between (shitty) ECW (they ought to stop using the moniker) and World Series of Poker. Poker was better and far more interesting, although for some reason I do enjoy the Abraham Washington show for his crazy one liners.

Watched last episode of the Colony - flamethrower FTW!

Watched Crime 360 - Good as usual for real life crime.

Watched 2 hour premiere of Heroes - Not bad and I'll continue to watch.

Watched UFC Fight Night and Prelims from UFC 103 - Awesome stuff!

Watched premiere of Modern Family - pretty funny stuff!

[quote name='HOTSHIET']The last tv show I watched that was surprisingly good was How I Met Your Mother, it was actually funny. I don't watch a lot of TV so I have no idea how long its been out.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club. A lot of people assume HIMYM is bad because it's a laugh-track comedy on CBS, which is traditionally home to comedy crap like 2.5 men. It's really not a CBS-style show at all, and has been one of the very best shows on television its entire run. One of the most underrated too.

(yes, it's my favorite comedy)

i agree how i met your mother was histerical i was dreading it sucking now but i was not diappointed.

i saw bored to death its got potential
we have been watching tru blood, and just finishe dup the first season, great show.

I saw Parks & Rec, The Office, and Community... Man, That was a perfectly good reason to NOT watch tv. It seems funny has disappeared as good as Good design in cars these days.

For some reason I enjoyed The Colony even though I realized just how ridiculous the whole thing is, I mean cameramen following you everywhere through this "experiment" and they still act like it's been the apocalypse :)

Watched first two episodes of The Ultimate Fighter Season 10. Honestly, I'm not very impressed yet sure the first fight was very bloody but boring. The second was just a real gas. However Kimbo Slice vs Roy Nelson should be interesting. :)

Only 2 more days till Dexter!!!! I got Showtime for only 7.99 next 3 months! FTW!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
Only 2 more days till Dexter!!!! I got Showtime for only 7.99 next 3 months! FTW![/QUOTE]

I'm excited too. I watched the season premiere about a month ago when it leaked, and instantly regretted it because
it ends on a pretty big cliffhanger.
(minor spoiler at best, but some people are sensitive)

I'm excited to watch it again.

Dollhouse - "Vows" S2 premiere/opener - WOW! That was an awesome opener!!! It really just straight up took off after the show got us reacclimated with the characters/plot etc. You guys really should start tuning into the show. Some of the best sci-fi on television and would suck for another Joss Whedon project to be canceled. Tonight really felt like a real episode, rather than some of the early episodes of the series. You can also see influences from past Whedon projects taking shape, such as from Firefly as in making sacrifices, etc. If you at all enjoyed Firefly, than I bequeath and urge you to watch this show. It really is good.

I caught a rerun of Al Bundy's new show. It was pretty funny. I hope it stays on the air.

Community was OK but that show is getting canned. I can't see it lasting much longer.

[quote name='Blackout']I caught a rerun of Al Bundy's new show. It was pretty funny. I hope it stays on the air.

Community was OK but that show is getting canned. I can't see it lasting much longer.[/QUOTE]

I wish the rerun wouldn't have aired during the Dollhouse episode. Eh, I'll just catch it on Hulu. I think Modern Family is a safe bet to stay on ABC and be renewed. The season opener had something like 13 million viewers.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I wish the rerun wouldn't have aired during the Dollhouse episode. Eh, I'll just catch it on Hulu. I think Modern Family is a safe bet to stay on ABC and be renewed. The season opener had something like 13 million viewers.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. The last show he was in (some detective show) didn't even last one season, but I thought it was pretty good. Let's hope Modern Family keeps doing good numbers.

[quote name='Eyecue']Flash Forward[/QUOTE]

Same here. Enjoyed it and hope it works out well.

Also, caught NCIS: LA, not too bad. Mercy was kind of weak. Looking forward to Trauma and possibly The Middle, or whatever the show with Neal Flynn is called.

[quote name='Blackout']That's good to hear. The last show he was in (some detective show) didn't even last one season, but I thought it was pretty good. Let's hope Modern Family keeps doing good numbers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember the remake of Dragnet with Bundy and thought it was done really well as well. I really dug the detective show, too bad people are dumb and so many good shows get passed over while crap gets made.

[quote name='Eyecue']Flash Forward[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jlarlee']Flash Forward looks to be the cream of the crop of the new shows[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I really enjoyed it...but then again I'm a huge Lost fan and this definitely had the same feel to it.

Finally caught the first two episodes of Community off of Cox MyPrimteTime on Demand, and all I can say is that I totally loved it!!! It was hilarious. I don't understand why so many people are ragging on the show or saying it wasn't that good. There were numerous parts where I was just really laughing histerically at it. It was definitely amusing, and so far I really like the cast and Joel Mchale on the show. I can't wait for the rest of the season and am definitely looking forward to more episodes.

[quote name='super_dawn']Agreed. I really enjoyed it...but then again I'm a huge Lost fan and this definitely had the same feel to it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the previews for the show were totally that endearing to me, but after all the talk and accolades it keeps receiving, I might just watch first episode off of MyPrimteTIme on Demand since they now have the show to see what all the hype's about.

Watched third episode of Sons of Anarchy good but rather uneventful. I tried to watch the fourth but the recording was a mess. Replay airs on Friday which I will be recording.

Modern Family was hilarious for the second week in a row.

The Ultimate Fighter was ultimately disappointing but I will continue to watch as usual.

The Ultimate Fighter yesterday, which sucked balls. What a horrible mess. The guy that did the editing for it yesterday should be fired. Terrible. The whole first half an hour was a waste, and bored me to tears. Why the fuck do I care that Kimbo can't train for shit and has a giant pot belly or whatever the hell it was they were mouthing, stopped paying attention at some point. If the show degrades any further next episode, I think I'll watching/caring for it. Crappy, crappy season.

friggin Dexter is the best show i've ever seen. I saw all 3 seasons in like 2 weeks and i was blown away. The cast is amazing and the story is just captivating.

The only other show i may have liked better was this show with these 2 chinese brothers that came to america. One of them got into gangs (the chubbier bro) and the other was a straight arrow. This came on after xena or hercules on friday(?) night. like a 2 hour special weekly thing they had. Anyone know what i am talking about? i am desperately looking for this double dragon type of show. This aired..i think it was 1997 or maybe earlier. I was a lil kid then..but yea, it aired with xena or hercules. there was a blond chick with curly hair in it who was the girlfriend of one of the brothers..i think it was initially a action movie and then they made a fighting/drama series out of it which probably didnt do so well...its a long shot but c'mon CAGgers, think back!

I watched some of In the Middle before Modern Family on Wednesday and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I also saw some of the Ultimate Fighter as well, isn't a bad show at all either.

I watched flash forward the other day and it was surprisingly interesting...but i think the last thing im looking forward to this year as far as TV is concerned is White Collar (10/23)...i just have a thing for shows on USA...almost always high quality, and i really like the stylized theft concept...

Season premiere of Star Wars: Clone Wars: Rise of the Bounty Hunters, which was really awesome. Probably the best the series has ever been. I haven't seen every single episode of Season 1 (actually, the majority of it), but the two episodes tonight were fantastic. Far darker and more action packed than other episodes of the series. Plus, I loved the bounty hunter(s) characters they've introduced. The design and everything about him is awesome. I can't wait till the Season 1 DVD comes out on Nov 3. I'll be able to catch up on the few episodes I've missed (nearly seen them all watching the marathons they have on Cartoon Network). Best part is that it comes out close to my birthday, so I'll get to treat the Star Wars fan in me.

Does anyone know if the Star Wars Clone Wars movie was incorporated into Season 1 or not? This one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185834/

I also watched Dollhouse tonight. Tonight's episode of Dollhouse was the definition of mediocre/in-between. The episode started rather lackluster and tedious, but really ramped toward the middle mark and get on going from there. Overall it finished strong, but again the ending fell victim to the mood swings the episode seemed to be having. Also, I think we saw from this episode where the budget cuts were made. This episode really looked cheaply done/produced. I think if the show had the budget they had from last season, this episode would have been far better. This episode, in particular, really felt like a mixed bag and seemed very simiilar to the lackluster/o.k. episodes from the start of last season. I hope the show doesn't begin to regress to those early episodes of season 1, and can bring back the quality that we've seen up till now. At least tonight's episode added some new material to the whole mythos surrounding the Dollhouse, but what seemed like a great addition to the show, the character of the Senator, now seems tired, old and stale as he's basically a composite of the Agent Ballard character from the season 1.

bread's done
Back