Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw Didn't Suck

It was from 04-06, but I've been watching Green Wing. It's was really WTF at the beginning, but it's getting better and better... Or... my brain is going to mush faster than I thought. I wish I could be this random out in public... Although I might need to be on something first. lool

Anyway, it's like Scrubs but WITHOUT the FAIL. : Puts on flame suit... :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED7TAngJijI

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remember the 1970s UK sitcom series 'The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?'

Well, it's back, sort of. The original star, Leonard Rossiter (also known for 'Rising Damp' another Britcom) died in 1984. But that didn't stop the rest of the cast and the series creator from doing 'The Legacy of Reginald Perrin' in which the deceased Perrin (crushed beneath a collapsing billboard advertising the company providing his life insurance policy) set an unusual task for his wouldbe benificiaries before they could collect.

The new show 'Reggie Perrin' is a remake with a few changes to bring it up to date. Perrin now works for a personal hygeine products company rather than a luxury foods maker. (Though he walks past Sunshine Desserts on his way to Groomtech, faking out the audience.) His job revolves around disposable razors and after being informed he is coming up on ten years in this role, discovers he is very unhappy with his life and needs a change.

I've only watched the first episode so far and the sixth, concluding the season, should be out sometime this week. The whole lot, new and old, can be found on thebox.bz for downloading, though the original series should be available on DVD in the US as well.

I'm currently watching Weeds and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm now on season 4 and it is most defiantly the weakest season so far.

I'm am so happy it is the summer. Finally, time to catch up on several shows that I've neglected or fallen back on. The good news, Dollhouse was renewed!! Can't wait to buy the DVD when it comes how...I would also strongly urge you to do the same if you are a fan of the show. I also plan on watching the last episode on Hulu at some time. I need to catch up on about 6-7 Fringe episodes as well. Last show(s) I've watched were the NBA playoffs (I love basketball) and WWE Raw last Monday when McMahon would on the shitty owner of the Denver Nuggets.

Royal Rx I believe it was called. A new series that premiered after Burn Notice. Wasn't that bad for a summer show. Will continue to watch to see if the quality improves or dives.

Mental -stole 10 minutes of my life. How does shit like that make it onto national television. It didn't even look like it was professionally filmed.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Top Gear(which is now on XBL). Hooray![/QUOTE]

I've just seen the episode where they drive through Alabama because I friend sent it to me. Needless to say, I loved it. that episode was sort of a Borat (less offensive, though) on wheels. I've been meaning to get into/watch some more of the series.

Hopefully tonight I'll hook up computer to my TV and watch the last episode of Dollhouse off of Hulu.

Does anybody else watch The Unusuals?

I just started watching that show and I really love it. I think they did a great job with the characters.

[quote name='darthbudge']Does anybody else watch The Unusuals?

I just started watching that show and I really love it. I think they did a great job with the characters.[/QUOTE]

The question should be "Did anybody else watch The Unusuals?"

As of last night, the show is done forever.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The question should be "Did anybody else watch The Unusuals?"

As of last night, the show is done forever.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do they have to cancel all the good shows?

[quote name='darthbudge']:shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do they have to cancel all the good shows?[/QUOTE]
Sorry, my good man they decided to cancel it a while ago.

Well, I saw a commericial for CBS fall lineup which Medium is moving from NBC to CBS.

The Unusuals was retarded. It's a mix of shows you've seen before added in with bland acting/scripts. Makes me miss Life that much more... THAT was a good show... As for Amber Tamybln she turned out cuter now that she's a little older.

Edit: Can someone explain to me how Medium got as far as it did... ? I mean seriously...

Well, with the NBA Finals now over (Also, Yay Lakers won!!!), I don't really have much to watch. Just gotta finish the last Dollhouse and get caught up on Fringe and I'm golden. I wish there was more summer programming. To keep this post even more relevant, saw TNA Impact tonight. Wasn't half bad. Since Foley has come on, the show's gotten better, though i did wish they would shut the hell up and wrestle more often.

Just got hooked on the show "Weeds" watchin the first couple seasons on NetFlix
BigLove is good
Got hooked on FireFly and Arrested Devlopment on Netflix also, shows in my opinion cut short.

The best show ever on tv, and missed its potential by about a year was "Titus"! Went off the air about a year before shows like "Monster Garage" "Overhaulin" "American Chopper" got popular (not that Im saying these shows are great)
And Titus was a far bettter show than "The Bernie Mac Show" was (the show that took Titus's time slot)

I've resumed watching Home Movies. It got to a point a couple of years ago that I watched it so frequently, I could rattle off every line of the show in sequence. I laid off watching for a while, and now the show is much more enjoyable to me. It's like an old blanket, it makes everything feel allllll riiiiiight.

Naked: Totally agree about Titus. Funny thing is, it was sorely ahead of it's time, like Arrested Development, but it doesn't seem to get it's due like AD does.

Sunshine Cleaning - pretty decent. amy adams is hot. emily blunt is good in this film, i think she was better in Wind Chill.

3am posting...wrong forum blah

[quote name='naiku']Sunshine Cleaning - pretty decent. amy adams is hot. emily blunt is good in this film, i think she was better in Wind Chill.[/QUOTE]
Sunshine Cleaning is not a TV Show.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Nurse Jackie this weekend and I enjoyed 'em. She's kind of a horrible person so it'll be interesting to see how the writers make her endearing.

Also watching Weeds and Wipeout this summer, and looking forward to the return of Mad Men in August.

[quote name='Naked']Just got hooked on the show "Weeds" watchin the first couple seasons on NetFlix
BigLove is good
Got hooked on FireFly and Arrested Devlopment on Netflix also, shows in my opinion cut short.

The best show ever on tv, and missed its potential by about a year was "Titus"! Went off the air about a year before shows like "Monster Garage" "Overhaulin" "American Chopper" got popular (not that Im saying these shows are great)
And Titus was a far bettter show than "The Bernie Mac Show" was (the show that took Titus's time slot)[/QUOTE]

Yup, all true about Titus. Bernie Mac was good in the first 2 seasons, but then began to drag its feet heavily.

Oh yeah, for anyone with Cox TV Cable/On Demand, they have on the Cable Showcase section of the Freezone, the entire first season of Mad Men on the AMC channel for free on demand streaming. I just noticed it, so I'm going to start watching the series. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Mad Men is pure money.

I finally got a chance to watch The Wire, and I am blown away. One of my all time top tv shows. I'm up to season 4 now and saddened I only have 1.5 seasons left. This show definitely deserves a seat on the hype train.

^Mad Men is good.

Anyway, I heart Top Gear!

Hea whoa ladies!

vlcsnap564888.png

vlcsnap595443.png

Anybody watch HBO's new show, Hung, last night? It's a dark comedy series, starring Thomas Jane as Ray Drecker, who is, "hung". He's a struggling high school basketball coach, who eventually, because of his money problems, uses his large penis to his advantage, resorting to prostitution. Yes, the concept does sound pretty stupid, but stupid can be very funny, and this show is.

I can see that show being funny if they don't go for the full monty, and never actually show the penis. I'm a fan of Thomas Jane, and his cameo in Arrested Development was one of my favorite parts of that series.

Castle is on again, I had to totally refresh my head about what this show is. I gotta say I don't know if Nathan Fillion is pulling off this character to well. Stana Katic isn't too bad.

x250.jpg

There's a new show called Defying Gravity. Has some good actors like Ron Livingston, Christina Cox, and Dead like Me's Daisy Laura Harris. Unfortunately, the show kinda sucks.

I was sent a survey from e-Rewards a couple of months ago that involved watching the pilot for that show and then taking a survey. I couldn't make it 15 minutes before I gave up. It was just horrible.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I just got The State on DVD and I am enjoying it quite a lot. I'm on season 2 now.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Good choice!!

[quote name='MisterModest']Anybody watch HBO's new show, Hung, last night? It's a dark comedy series, starring Thomas Jane as Ray Drecker, who is, "hung". He's a struggling high school basketball coach, who eventually, because of his money problems, uses his large penis to his advantage, resorting to prostitution. Yes, the concept does sound pretty stupid, but stupid can be very funny, and this show is.[/QUOTE]

I just saw that show listed on HBO at a friend's house. I didn't get to watch, but my interest was definitely piqued.

[quote name='VipFREAK']There's a new show called Defying Gravity. Has some good actors like Ron Livingston, Christina Cox, and Dead like Me's Daisy Laura Harris. Unfortunately, the show kinda sucks.[/QUOTE]

I remember I saw promos for that while watching the X-Games this past week/weekend. I couldn't even fucking tell what the show was about, and usually I'm all over sci-fi shows, etc. so I gave up on it. I heard it bombed hard over at http://tvbythenumbers.com/

So yeah, I've been watching the X-Games over the past week and have been heavily disappointed by it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still mostly standard X-Games stuff, but I was really disappointed to see that Aggressive Inline Skating, or any Inline Skating, was in fact gone. Same thing for Wakeboarding and Street Luge. I used to love to watch those, especially Cesar Mora, those two Japanese guys that were crazy good, etc. Parks Bonafay (sp) was awesome on a wakeboard. I can't believe that they would get rid of these from competition, that or i just missed them. Also, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the rally car races. I'm not too big a fan of Nascar or that sort of thing (too fucking boring), but the rally racing was pretty cool.

Good thread (in need of a bump ;))

Most recently saw 24 Season 2 and Weeds Season 1.
Both were great.

Also caught Robot Chicken Season 2, which was actually pretty good.

Favorite moments from each:

When Sayar Ali says who he is "I am Sayar Ali!"
When Jack Bauer says "I am the police" and points his gun in the medical center.

Weeds
The mom, Cylia, calling her kid "Elizabelly"

...and more, but for some reason it's hard to recall anything else

Robot Chicken
[Woman looks badly beaten up.]
Woman: I...uh...I-I walked into a door.
Salesman: Well then, can I interest you in our line of Nerf Doors?
Woman's husband: What about stairs? She's gonna need some Nerf Stairs too.

The santa/snoman fight (with the rimshots)

I just started watching Dexter Season 1 on Netflix Instant Watch. Only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but I'm loving it already.

bread's done
Back