Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw Didn't Suck

Nothing to watch after House (which is getting kinda boring) so I decided to give Trauma a chance. Wasn't bad, I'll probably watch it again.

[quote name='sotc1988']Big Love.
I figured it'd be good but the pilot went far beyond what I thought.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean.

Star Wars The Clone Wars season premiere - It was awesome probably best episodes for the series so far.

Flashforward - Still very interested in the series.

Modern Family - Great stuff Ed O'Neil rules!

Sons of Anarchy - Wow the shit is about to hit the fan!

Dexter - He sure did dodge a bullet in the last episode.

Heroes - Wondering where the story is going to go next.

Supernatural - Amazing show hope this is not the last season.

I just watched the first two episodes of FlashForward and it is really interesting so far. I'm not sure how they are going to do a second season though...

[quote name='javeryh']I just watched the first two episodes of FlashForward and it is really interesting so far. I'm not sure how they are going to do a second season though...[/QUOTE]

Good shows find a way to re-invent themselves and stay interesting. Just look at Lost and how much its evolved and developed over the years. Since ABC pretty clearly sees FF as the potential successor to Lost's audience, I'd say it would be an apt example to follow.

[quote name='javeryh']I just watched the first two episodes of FlashForward and it is really interesting so far. I'm not sure how they are going to do a second season though...[/QUOTE]

It's definitely going to be interesting, if they do make another season. Probably another Flash and then a black screen.

Supernatural - Loved last night episode really enjoyed seeing the brothers Winchester back together again. I'm really pumped for the upcoming episodes
Especially the one where Sam pokes fun at Horatio Cane from CSI Miami. As well as the sitcom about the end of the world

FlashForward - Still like the series and very intrigued by new questions it has raised.

Community episode 4 - Pretty decent episode, but not as good as the first three. Enjoyable, but only to a point. I hope the series rebounds to the form shown in the first three episodes, otherwise they'll be spewing out subpar episodes like the one shown yesterday and I'll give up on the series. It was funny, but rather bland with the whole gossip angle.

Last week's Community, episode 5, off of MyPrimeTime On Demand. This episode definitely rebounded from the prior week's episode, which was a very trite storyline. I liked how they are definitely cementing and establishing the characters now, as well as the character of the college. Also, Abed is fucking hilarious.

Sons of Anarchy - Great season so far love this show!

Supernatural - Another awesome episode have to wait two weeks for the next one :(.

Always Sunny in Philly - Hilarious and nuts as usual.

Modern Family - Once again hilarious best new comedy.

Dexter - Amazing once again and what a cliffhanger!

My Name is Earl season 1 disk 2 - This is a lot better than I thought it would be, I blew through the first two disks in just a couple days (that's fast for me)

Six Feet Under Season 1 disk 1 - finally broke open my gravesite box. Good stuff. Michael C Hall is great.

Yes I don't watch anything new.

The Middle, get a Malcolm in the Middle vibe from it but the narrator is the mom, not as good as the classic but still good stuff.

Reasons why I get that vibe:
-The dad is practically Hal
-The mom is practically the bitch, for a lack of better words
-The youngest kid is sooooo like Dewey (almost as weird as, as funny as, as popped out eyes as)
-Teenager in boxers = Reese
-Camera cuts/angles (down on dewey/doppelganger)

The Juice/Coke/Beer scene was great, very watchable show. Spanish teacher was as lame as the nickelodeon stereotype gets for teachers..really, a sweater vest? haha

Community and Modern Family are alright but really only watch them if I'm in bed and nothing else is on.

The more they move Parks & Recreation away from being Office 2, the better that show gets. I laugh at that show a lot.

I have come to the conclusion that Modern Family is the best 30 minute family sitcom since Arrested Development and Malcolm in the Middle before that.

I miss quality family sitcoms I have also heard great things about The Middle but I haven't seen it yet.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I know it's going against the title but... These shows FAIL:

The Marriage Ref
Undercover Bosses[/QUOTE]

I usually hate reality tv but I kind of enjoy both those shows

[quote name='VipFREAK']I know it's going against the title but... These shows FAIL:

The Marriage Ref
Undercover Bosses[/QUOTE]

You can add Minute To Win to the list above... christ.

I'm watching The Pacific and so far I'm really enjoying it. I can't say if it is as good or better than Band of Brothers since it has been many years since I watched BoB.

[quote name='VipFREAK']You can add Minute To Win to the list above... christ.[/QUOTE]

Minute to Win is probably the biggest fail out there.

Smallville is becoming a huge fail too, I have no clue wtf is going on anymore.

Becoming? Why would anyone bother after maybe the 2nd season?

Same goes for Grey's Anatomy, I have a friend that still watches that shit since she txted me it's "starting to suck".

^What, the middle seasons were some of the best, esp s3. The show only went downhill after Lionel, Lex, Martha, and J Kent left. Sorry but Tom Welling is the weakest link.

Thanks to Netflix I've decided to work my way through X-files. I used to watch them during middle/high school. I just finished the first Tooms episode, it holds up pretty well.

Taking back/Bringing back this thread.

Dexter - Rewatching it and reminding myself juts how much I love this show. Half way through Season 2 right now.

Time to bump this thread since I've been doing entirely too much TV watching thanks to Netflix (again).

Doing something I've always wanted to do and basically have been watching the entirety of the X-Files. Well, actually I went through the entire 1st season and then just kept to the supposed myth arc so that I could follow the convoluted story as accurately as possible this time. Still tough to follow through certain parts thanks to Chris Carter's randomness in his writing, and his willingness to just randomly pick up and drop plot lines/points without filling in the details (Kryceck in the Silo being infected by the Black Oil anyone?). Overall, when the show is at its best, it really is great. All of the Deep Throat episodes, Seasons 2 & 3, (some of Season 4/5) are just amazing writing and stories. I finally just hit where the movie takes place, so I'll watch that since it's on Insta Watch right now, then Season 6 Episode 1 and then probably take a break for a bit. At this point I will have watched something like 60 episodes out of 100 in a really short time frame, and honestly, the writing begins to taper now a bit. I might watch the occasional monster of the week episode, but I'm going to watch some other stuff now.

Also, I watched the first season of Pushing Daisies in its entirety, which I have absolutely loved and brings back the pain of seeing how all of Bryan Fuller's work get canceled too soon. This show totally feels like it fits in the Dead Like Me universe/realm and probably totally would have been a spin off. Hell, I'm expecting George to pop up in a crossover or something at some point.

Been hooked on that Storage Wars show thanks to A&E's ridiculous marathons. It's amazing how well the producers have managed to push characterization on the show. I love how the show is light and manages to keep me intrigued for a Reality show. 30 minutes or so helps too.

Weeds - watched a few episodes since I am worried it'll get axed from Netflix and based off of so many recommendations. Does this show get any better? So far it's been really bland/tedious and its one saving grace is the fact that the episodes are only 30 minutes and in HD.

Azumanga Daioh.

A pretty weird anime/comedy about high school girls...but I can't stop watching it for some odd reason

Check out The Killing on AMC. Another great show by them.

Watched the first episode of Game of Thrones and wasn't too impressed by it.

ESPN's 30 for 30 series was really great, whether you're into sports or not, because the stories were excellent.

And of course, if you haven't watched them, catch up on The Wire, Oz, Homicide, Law & Order, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, and some Columbo (because he's god in a raincoat).

[quote name='VipFREAK']This show sucks.[/QUOTE]

I watched the pilot and it didn't resonate at all. It seemed as if they took his Deadwood character and moved him to modern times.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Time to bump this thread since I've been doing entirely too much TV watching thanks to Netflix (again).

Also, I watched the first season of Pushing Daisies in its entirety, which I have absolutely loved and brings back the pain of seeing how all of Bryan Fuller's work get canceled too soon. This show totally feels like it fits in the Dead Like Me universe/realm and probably totally would have been a spin off. Hell, I'm expecting George to pop up in a crossover or something at some point.

Been hooked on that Storage Wars show thanks to A&E's ridiculous marathons. It's amazing how well the producers have managed to push characterization on the show. I love how the show is light and manages to keep me intrigued for a Reality show. 30 minutes or so helps too.

[/QUOTE]

Me and the wife used to watch Pushing Daisies. It's a shame it's no longer on the air. It's brave of you to watch a cancelled show knowing it'll never be finished.

Every once in a while I catch Storage Wars (I think). That's the show where people buy storage units at auction? It makes me want to do it too. I know I couldn't make tons of money doing it, but for a few hundred dollars it would be like effing Christmas.

[quote name='Mayson']Every once in a while I catch Storage Wars (I think). That's the show where people buy storage units at auction? It makes me want to do it too. I know I couldn't make tons of money doing it, but for a few hundred dollars it would be like effing Christmas.[/QUOTE]
There's actually a couple of those shows now, one on A&E(Storage Wars) and one on Spike TV(forget the name though). But knowing my luck if I tried doing the storage unit buying thing I'd end up buying a unit full of stuff that smelled like cat piss and was worthless.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's actually a couple of those shows now, one on A&E(Storage Wars) and one on Spike TV(forget the name though). But knowing my luck if I tried doing the storage unit buying thing I'd end up buying a unit full of stuff that smelled like cat piss and was worthless.:cry:[/QUOTE]

That's how almost all storage auctions are. I've been to some and only seen one locker that tempted me; it was full of neatly packed boxes and there was some artwork bubblewrapped. The rest is only worthwhile if you sell used furniture or have a flea market. Lots of furniture, old clothes, and junk that people should have never paid monthly fees to store.

I've been making my way through Breaking Bad Season 1, Psych Season 4, Dexter Seasons 3+4, and all of I'ts always Sunny in Philadelphia. Probably starting the Wire tomorrow.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Twin Peaks, which I just started on Netflix the other day.

I didn't like Dexter after Season 1. Other than the psycho girlfriend they introduced in Season 2 and Doakes, all of the other characters are cardboard. And Dexter isn't exactly based on a psychologically exact profile of serial killers. It was entertaining for a season, but during two it just lost something for me, and I thought three was ridiculous.

Breaking Bad is awesome; it gets really good in Season 3 and this new season should be great.

I haven't seen Twin Peaks in forever, since it came on. How does it hold up?

[quote name='skinkrawl']I haven't seen Twin Peaks in forever, since it came on. How does it hold up?[/QUOTE]

This is my first time watching it and I'm only an episode in so I can't really answer that, but the first episode was very good.

I actually love Storage Wars. I mean yes it is a reality show but the personalities of the people are just great/funny. Plus it's fun to see what kind of crap people store. It amazes me people will store like a $3000 collectable item and then not pay for their locker. I haven't watched the one on Spike because it looks like a terrible knockoff.

I also been addicting to some of the weird shows about people on TLC like My Strange Addiction and Hoarding: Buried Alive.

Other than that I don't watch much TV anymore except for the discovery/science channel.

[quote name='Mayson']Me and the wife used to watch Pushing Daisies. It's a shame it's no longer on the air. It's brave of you to watch a cancelled show knowing it'll never be finished.

Every once in a while I catch Storage Wars (I think). That's the show where people buy storage units at auction? It makes me want to do it too. I know I couldn't make tons of money doing it, but for a few hundred dollars it would be like effing Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind watching canceled shows. Yeah, I know what you mean about them never finishing a plot point or thread. They did the same thing to another Brian Fuller show, his genius Dead Like Me. Who knows, maybe Pushing Daisies will get a direct to dvd movie or something.

bread's done
Back