Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw Didn't Suck

Watched last night's eps of House and The Closer before going to bed. Still have Dollhouse on the DVR but I'm not sure if I'm really interested in getting wrapped up in another show that's doomed to be canceled.

[quote name='Malik112099']Big Love....phew! i thought
Anna
was going to stay. I like her and all but a
4th wife
is just too many.[/quote]
You can never have too many wives...and Anna is hotter than his first two wives.

[quote name='MisterModest']You can never have too many wives...and Anna is hotter than his first two wives.[/quote]

Yeah..the first TWO. Not Margie though. My wife brought up the "looks" thing with the women on the show and I feel they are doing a good job of not putting crazy hot chicks on there. Bill is marrying for love and not looks and it shows in that the women on the show, while attractive, aren't the typical skinny good looking wife you see on every other tv show.

House was kinda boring... Chuck was funny as hell as always.

[quote name='homeland']Of course no show is better than Mad Men.. i just compared it to mad men because its about an Ad agency and its a drama.[/quote]

I see what you mean. I just started watching the first episode and it's an instant hit. Will be watching it. I always liked Tom Cavanah and Eric Mccormack is cool. Great stuff.

i watch Weeds, Rescue Me, Entourage, The Office, Its always sunny in philladelphia, and Kenny vs. spenny... those are great... i don't know if i have time to get into antoher one...

I just started watching Dexter a week ago. I was trying to spread it out over a longer period but I watched the first season in three days. I just fucking loved it and had a hard time turning it off.

I really want to watch Dollhouse, both because I love Joss Whedon's stuff and the fact that I want the show to have my viewer numbers so it doesn't get fucked by Fox like Whedon's other work. Fox really screwed this show by putting it on Fridays. It sucks I have to work those nights. By the way, anyone know of any way to get viewer numbers/view numbers from hulu?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I really want to watch Dollhouse, both because I love Joss Whedon's stuff and the fact that I want the show to have my viewer numbers so it doesn't get fucked by Fox like Whedon's other work. Fox really screwed this show by putting it on Fridays. It sucks I have to work those nights. By the way, anyone know of any way to get viewer numbers/view numbers from hulu?[/QUOTE]

Fridays is a blessing for the show in the fact that it needs fewer viewers to stay on the air. Hardcore Whedon fans would watch his stuff at 3 a.m. on a Monday morning if they had to. I know the first week episode pulled enough numbers to survive at least.

The second episode was great Joss has definitely not lost his touch

Lie to Me is probably my new favorite show of the season.
I really didn't care for the Dollhouse pilot but I'll give it a chance and will continue to watch it (at least) until the end of the season.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Saw these episodes during the week.
Rated on a scale of 1 to 5.

Star Trek: The Next Generation

When the Bough Breaks 2/3
Home Soil 4/5
Coming of Age
Heart of Gory 3/5
The Arsenal of Freedom 2/5
Symbiosis 3/5
Skin of Evil 4/5
We'll Always Have Paris 2/5

I'm going to get to Dollhouse one of these days....but since they're light and I can have them on in the background, I have just gone through the two most recent Simpsons episodes on Hulu: the ones with the new opening. I'm really loving the new openings, especially the msot recent (I believe) one with Bart snowboarding. It really is a nice change of pace. Plus the episodes are great as always, and will surely be timeless in years to come, unlike shows like Family Guy which are just dragging at this point.

Finally watched Dolhouse Episode 1 off of Hulu. Eliza Dushku is maddeningly hot! the scenes with her dancing in that skimpy dress made the episode The first 30-35 minutes or so were really intriguing and I can see a lot of different avenues for the show to take, but the last half of the show was bleh. Quite awful, really, and I can see what a lot of the fuss is about how the show isn't a Firefly or Buffy/Angel. I'll be holding onto hope and a few more episodes before I make my judgement, as it can someitmes take time for a show to develop (even for Joss Whedon)....so we'll see.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Finally watched Dolhouse Episode 1 off of Hulu. Eliza Dushku is maddeningly hot! the scenes with her dancing in that skimpy dress made the episode The first 30-35 minutes or so were really intriguing and I can see a lot of different avenues for the show to take, but the last half of the show was bleh. Quite awful, really, and I can see what a lot of the fuss is about how the show isn't a Firefly or Buffy/Angel. I'll be holding onto hope and a few more episodes before I make my judgement, as it can someitmes take time for a show to develop (even for Joss Whedon)....so we'll see.[/quote]

Do yourself a favor and skip episode 2. So far the show has the quality of a bad UPN drama. Episode 6 is where it supposedly gets better as Whedon actually directed it or wrote it.

Caught up on the last 2 episodes of Damages and watched the season premiere of Breaking Bad. Both of those shows are just about perfect.

Another excellent episode of 30 Rock, a fairly predictable episode of CSI, and a really sad episode of ER.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm actually really interested in Breaking Bad. Any place to watch it onine?[/quote]

You can watch the entire season 2 premiere at http://www.amctv.com/videos/breaking-bad/.

Unfortunately, they've only got episode recaps for the first season.

You can watch all of season 1 on Amazon for $11 at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012QTT4O/ref=atv_dp_season. I don't think it's available for free (legally) online.

Check your cable box's free on demand listings...AMC used to put their eps of Mad Men on there. Maybe Breaking Bad is there, too?

Been really into March Madness this year. Disappointed that UNLV lost early in the Mountain West tourney, as I at one point had them in the top 25 of the country and thought for sure they would have played better than they had. I saw the Syracuse/Uconn 6 over time game live (fucking awesome!!!). Been watching random games since then. It looks to be a great year of collegiate basketball in the tournament.

I love March Madness. It's the only thing getting me through work this week/next, when I'll be working about 50-60 to make some extra dough.

Finally saw Dollhouse episode 2. It's going to expire on Hulu for those that need to see it. After hearing about how bad it was supposed to be, I actually found it to be not bad. I actually enjoyed the "Most Dangerous Game" adaptation/storyline and the back story/mythos that they finally began putting into place was intriguing. I'm really interested in seeing where this Alpha stuff is headed. Hopefully they develop it more and some other storylines, otherwise the show will get old and boring fast, unlike Fringe that has several plotlines that it flesh out in seasons to come.

I guess anime would count as TV. I just finished disc 1 of Now and Then, Here and There. The first episode was a waste and I didn't care for. Episodes 3 & 4 are where the show seems to pick up, at least I'm starting to get some material for my paper for my anime class. On to Disc 2

Now and Then, Here and There episode 6 - best episode of the series. Gave me plenty of material for my class, and with the exception of the opening rape sequence, was pretty solid quality throughout. Now I just have to run some of my ideas to the professor to see what he thinks of them, but so far so good. Thanks for the recommendation CAG.

I'd like to say 'Ashes to Ashes,' the sequel to the UK 'Life on Mars' (and with a less obscure Bowie song) is good but I barely saw most of the first episode while the others gather virtual dust on the DVR.

My schedule lately hasn't allowed for much TV except for odd items I've downloaded and can watch in my room at 3 AM. The job I've been on lately is at odd hours and very tiring.

But if you don't mind stuff that can only be had on import DVD or by download, 'Snuff Box' is a very odd sketch comedy series starring Matt Berry and Rich Fulcher. Just six episodes, broadcast once and never again. Chunks of it can be found on YouTube and the theme song Matt Berry recorded became a minor hit.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Snuff+Box&aq=f

Thanks epobirs for the recommendation. I'll try to look into it. I liked your Primeval recommendation that you offered not too long ago.

I just finished Dollhouse episode 3 off of Hulu. Not bad, but I really hated the middle parts of the story with the interactions between Echo and that retarded Rayna singer. She's a terrible actress that makes my teeth grate whenever she's on screen, whoever they picked to act as Rayna. Again, the mythos to the dollhouse are starting to pick up and get somewhat interesting. I liked the allusions to Aasimov's I, Robot, that these Dolls are programmed properly even when they might seem to go outside of the parameters given to them. The plot twist in the middle of the storyline was the best of the show, and it really through me off, as I hadn't expected it (solid writing there). The twist with Rayna was retarded........
I sort of wish she had died
They need to put some more time for the agent on the show, so to develop him a bit more.

Dollhouse episode 4 Gray Hour - Pretty good, actually good. I wish this series wouldn't waver so much in terms of quality. Very interesting episode, and I love the alpha stuff. I wish they could have fleshed out more of the back story of why they were stealing part of the parthenon, but a solid episode nonetheless. That Asian chick is mad hot, plus you get to see Dushku semi-naked again in this one. I enjoyed the cross acting of the Asian chick as Echo/Taffy.

The first episode of Southland. Pretty damn good. You can tell those that worked on ER are behind it. It stars the poor kid from the OC, and the big guy who always had a cigar from Band of Brothers. Anyway, first episode had me sold and will come back for more.

[quote name='homeland']The first episode of Southland. Pretty damn good. You can tell those that worked on ER are behind it. It stars the poor kid from the OC, and the big guy who always had a cigar from Band of Brothers. Anyway, first episode had me sold and will come back for more.[/QUOTE]

I liked it too but the panning in conversations drives me nuts. The Unusuals was another cop show that started last week. It swings more to the funny side of law enforcement. I liked it and will forgive them stealing the photocopier/ lie detector bit from the Wire

[quote name='letmeinnow']The L Word
i watched the entire series and it was way better then i thought it would be.
+bonus points for all the nudity:)[/quote]

It has Pam Grier in it, so I'd guess it would be awesome. I haven't seen it though.

I just started watching The IT Crowd. Watched the first two episodes and thought it was meh... Then the third episode introduced a new character and it was entertaining after that.

Breaking Bad on AMC is the best fucking show on TV right now. Sunday night at 10 pm EST. Brilliant show about a school teacher who manufactures Crystal Meth.

[quote name='homeland']The first episode of Southland. Pretty damn good. You can tell those that worked on ER are behind it. It stars the poor kid from the OC, and the big guy who always had a cigar from Band of Brothers. Anyway, first episode had me sold and will come back for more.[/QUOTE]
It didn't totally blow me away but I can see there's potential.

Is no one else in this thread watching Kings?

i think the kings is already cancelled.

edit: Can't find actual notification that it is canceled but they are moving it to Saturday night. Which seems like a death sentence in itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rickonker']It didn't totally blow me away but I can see there's potential.

Is no one else in this thread watching Kings?[/QUOTE]

I thought the opener was great but it seems to lost some momentum

[quote name='homeland']The first episode of Southland. Pretty damn good. You can tell those that worked on ER are behind it. It stars the poor kid from the OC, and the big guy who always had a cigar from Band of Brothers. Anyway, first episode had me sold and will come back for more.[/quote]

I liked it as well, I definitely continue watching it.

[quote name='jlarlee']I thought the opener was great but it seems to lost some momentum[/QUOTE]
The most recent episode definitely had momentum. But yeah it's been moved to Saturdays for the rest of the season and will probably be canceled.

season finale of terminator: sarah connor chronicles awesome awesome show.
i love it.
sarah connor is such a bad ass its great.

[quote name='letmeinnow']The L Word
i watched the entire series and it was way better then i thought it would be.
+bonus points for all the nudity:)[/quote]
I enjoyed the first two seasons the best, it started to get a little annoying/crazy.

Shows I'm currently watching:
Out in the Wild - Really great show, follows a group of people trying to survive in Alaska
Pitchmen - Very interesting seeing the inner workings of pitchmen and Billy is insane
Survivor - Been watching for 17(?) Seasons... love it still
Amazing Race - Great great reality show. This season is pretty good, especially because I'm taking ASL
LOST - I aint lost, but I'm not sure how they are going to keep going
Celebrity Apprentice - Good fun, lots of drama
US of Tara - surprisingly good and I shes an amazing actress
Big Bang Theory - really funny for what it is
How I Met Your Mother - getting worse but it is still good... sometimes
The Office - Getting a lot better. Less Jim and Pam is a good thing
Mythbusters - love this show although Jamie is a grump!
Doing daVinci - this show is great, I love da Vinvci's designs - cool seeing them come to life
Scare Tactics - Still pretty good, although they stop the scares to early now indays
Howie Do It - Meh... I still watch it though, sometimes they got good set ups
Desperate Housewives - I swear my gf made me watch this... I like it though
Food Network Challenge - It makes me really want to eat a cake with fondant
Xplay - It is filling up my DVR way to fast! Can't watch fast enough
GTTV - Really good and have a bunch of great exclusives
Hells Kitchen - Sort of stopped watching it, got kind of dull
Flight of the Concords - its over ... :cry: Best comedy ever

Needless to say, my DVR is constantly full and I watch a lot of TV... No wonder I have no time for games...

Dollhouse Episode 11 Briar Rose - Without giving any spoilers since it is still fresh and relatively new, but HOLY fuckING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Did not see that one coming (though I kind of had a feeling with Alan)...

Watched the most recent episode of Castle before bed last night. I really like this show! I'd watch Nathan Fillion in just about anything, but his chemistry with the show's female lead is excellent. The mysteries are nice and twisty, too.

bread's done
Back