Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw was Good

Recently caught up with Avengers Assemble. It's just so very bleh. Trying to get through Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. but it'it's just so, so terrible.

Pretty decent season finale for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Not at all surprised Lincoln was the one to die. Even with Yo-Yo, Lincoln seemed the most expendable of the cast. Curious how they'll explain the Daisy-going-rogue part next season.

Nah, if all Quake does is become a Robin Hood it's not that much "going rogue."

The finale reminded me a bit of Supernatural, high stakes for the world, but the final confrontation was a battle in the pocket. I guess the budget didn't allow for CGI-ing a bunch of extras as you would in a typical movie. It was a satisfying ending, especially the exchange between Hive and Lincoln.

Don't get me started on the Flash, considering I'm not over Jane the Virgin.

All of this generation of animated Marvel shows have been terrible, and yes, I include Ultimate Spiderman in that (because of both Drake Bell, and the awful, awful writing, seriously, Octopus said something about time, and spiderman responded with "What time is that loser o'clock?")

Haven't gotten to USM yet since apparently one of the plot points makes no sense unless you've seen Agents of S.M.A.S.H., but that show is really, really painful to watch.

Avengers Assemble is just so blah. Standard super heroes against generic villains without all the cool stuff going on with a drab color palette and drab character designs and no character development whatsoever.

I also feel like an idiot for not realizing that Iron Man's voice actor is Talbot on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate spiderman is only remotely related to SMASH, and it's the other way around, Spiderman explained why Hulk was suddenly coherent in his show.  And I know Iron Man's voice as Nathan Petrelli from Heroes.  Or better yet just tell me what it is that people have said that USM makes no sense without seeing Hulk, because Spiderman came first.

Oh, for the love of... yeah, TV Tropes is right, if you don't slog through the awfulness that's SMASH, you won't know who A-Bomb, Red Hulk, SKAAR, and She-Hulk are, apparently.  Unless I'm missing something (which is unlikely, US plots are as thin as rice paper), that's all the spoilers there are.  If it seems I'm mad at you, I'm mad at TV tropes for trying to get people to not watch the only thing from Marvel Animation that's not complete shit available right now, or at least making them watch the worst of the three in preparation for it, SMASH failed for a reason, it's awful.  And yes, Spiderman isn't great either (for reasons I mentioned earlier), it's honestly still decent (most of it is, Drake Bell, and the how bad the writing is sometimes kind of drag it down, but it's still decent)

I looked on TV Tropes, and couldn't find anything about it, can you link it so I can look?  Otherwise, I'm 99.9% sure that that's it

I'm not sure how to find that but if it's Continuity lockout, then yeah, it's most likely just about the characters not being introduced yet

There we go, the pieces fall into place, I found it.  You might not understand the "witty" banter in the finale, if you haven't watched the show, I think they may make a few references, but honestly, I stopped watching Hulk halfway through the first season (I couldn't take the crap any more), and I had no problem following it. I did finally find it, and of course you linked it. I think that little bit was written by the person who directed SMASH, and desperately wanted more people to watch the show.  Okay, apparently I slogged through the entire show of SMASH, really wish I hadn't.

Am I alone on this?  I mean, as bad as Ultimate Spiderman, and Avengers Assemble can get, even their WORST episodes aren't as bad as the best Hulk episodes.

You'll enjoy Ultimate Spiderman a lot more, despite the fact that Drake Bell's spiderman  is a shitty pale imitation of Josh Keaton's Spiderman

I miss Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That was a solid Avengers cartoon that got canned because Disney wanted to do their own thing. Haven't seen much of Avengers Assemble but it didn't seem as good.

EMH was also by Disney, but Assemble was made because they wanted a series more like the movies.  The only good thing that happened because of the change is Laura Bailey being Black Widow now.

That sucks, guess we won't be getting the geniune Scrooge when Disney finally remakes Duck Tales (which supposedly they are doing)

Blacklist, why you do me like dat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJWMqfaAag

I mean I had a feeling it was coming, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02EwkGqyto

X-Men Apocalypse is off to a rocky start. Currently at 52% on RT. I had a feeling this one might not be as good as the last two. I just don't know why they couldn't someone of Japanese descent to play a Japanese ninja. Or at least someone that looks Asian. I don't Hate Olivia Munn but that casting always bugged me. And Apocalypse himself just doesn't look good. He looks like Ivan Ooze from the Power Rangers movie.

From all the reviews I've read, it's not a bad movie, just a very "meh" movie. It doesn't help that it's coming off of Civil War and Deadpool (not to mention Zootopia and Jungle Book) so critics are going in with the bar raised.

I had no idea Wayward Pines was back until my friend just told me. It was... okay. The first season was lame but I enjoyed watching it. I will give it a few more episodes before deciding if I should drop it.

Got alot of shows to start.

Going to start Bloodlines soon on Netflix, waiting for Preacher to start properly on the 6th then i'll start that and also going to check out this new Outcast show.

Finished the first half of Season 1 of Ultimate Spider-Man. While I see what people hate about the show and I do agree with a lot of it, I must say the animation is freaking beautiful. It's bright, vibrant, fluid, and energetic. Why the other Marvel cartoons couldn't look this good I have no idea.

I watched Person of Interest this week. Pretty cool that they got Baymax to guest, and a Chinese Ghost Hunter Reality Show.

Gotta watch Wayward Pines. I saw Kace Rohls from Hannibal.

Supernatural finally had a decent ending.

Finished the first half of Season 1 of Ultimate Spider-Man. While I see what people hate about the show and I do agree with a lot of it, I must say the animation is freaking beautiful. It's bright, vibrant, fluid, and energetic. Why the other Marvel cartoons couldn't look this good I have no idea.
No argument there, and, honestly, most of the voice casting is fine to great, I just hate Drake Bell as Spiderman

I had no idea Wayward Pines was back until my friend just told me. It was... okay. The first season was lame but I enjoyed watching it. I will give it a few more episodes before deciding if I should drop it.
I haven't watched the episode this week, but I'm apprehensive on how this season will play out. I enjoyed the first season until towards the end and I'm willing to give this season a fair shot.

From all the reviews I've read, it's not a bad movie, just a very "meh" movie. It doesn't help that it's coming off of Civil War and Deadpool (not to mention Zootopia and Jungle Book) so critics are going in with the bar raised.
I watched today and I thought it was okay. The story and the character development is very weak though compared to the other movies in the series. I personally don't think it is a bad movie, it's just not as great as the predecessor.

Was watching Evo 2016 but then Celebrity Family Feud and $100,000 Pyramid came on, so Evo was turned commercial breaks only.

Anyone watching Stranger Things on Netflix? Watched the first episode and really liked it. 80's nostalgia wrapped in a creepy blanket.

960.jpg

It was so good

I think those that are looking for the next DCAU-like show will be disappointed, but those just looking for a fun Justice League cartoon that isn't insipid like Teen Titans Go will enjoy it.

bread's done
Back