Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw was Good

They promoted Tatau real hard during Orphan Black

Finished Season One of SHEILD. Glad I stuck it out, as it takes a pretty long time to get going but is satisfying in the end.
I'm glad someone did because I feel like I'm struggling to enjoy Agents of Shield. It's improved even more now that they're actually admitting that they live in a world with Superpowers and the latest arc should be everything I want it to be but at it's core I have the same problem with Shield that I've had since Nick Fury was white. I don't understand what it is about shield I'm supposed to like. Everything about the show says to me I should like these people and what they do.. and I don't think I do.

At least I can conceptualize why I have no interest in Agent Carter. If it was going to be a single season thing I'd watch it but when it got renewed that cinched it for me. I'll never watch that show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started and finished Fargo - thought it was great, wish i'd watched when it first aired. Only a couple of months for season two so that was good timing!

Hannibal. What the hell was that? Dick jokes really?

Sarah Connor Chronicles, the first three episodes. Kinda bummed they went with CGI Terminators instead of the puppets. Still much better than any Terminator movie after 2.

the FX show Tyrant is really good. FX is definitely a channel with a history of great shows like the shield, nip/tuck, rescue me & sons of anarchy.

Wet Hot American Summer: The First Day of Camp - Pretty good, not as great as the movie though. I got a decent amount of laughs though. Totally worth watching if your a fan of the movie or anything else David Wain does. 

Apparently I'm supposed to have my Meta-Goggles on while watching Wet Hot American Summer, or anything by Wain and Showalter, according to this week's Bullseye with Jesse Thorn.

Started and caught up to date with Mr Robot last week. I love it, so glad  I started watching it. 

The show seems really under the radar considering how much people are praising it.

Been watching Difficult People on Hulu Plus lately. Not a bad show, but idk if I'm really invested into it all that much. There is a fair amount of humor going on though, so I'll keep up with it. 

I need to jump back in Hannibal too. I haven't watched the last couple episodes. Just haven't been into it lately. 

Started and caught up to date with Mr Robot last week. I love it, so glad I started watching it.

The show seems really under the radar considering how much people are praising it.
One episode 3 and it's probably one of the best new shows of the year so far.

Been catching up on Archer, going by the comments on the net i'm in the minority by liking Season 5.

Hannibal Season 3 - First half was testing my patience, this second half is MUCH better.

Rick & Morty - I thought I would give this a try even though I've never heard of it and this is fantastic.It's by Dan 'Community' Harmon - you can see some of the darker elements of Community being amped up to 11 here.

I started and finished Cosmos :A Spacetime Odyssey a few weeks back after my friend bugged me to watch it for months.

It was really awesome, some episodes more interesting than others. Now I feel like a totally insignificant speck of dust.

NCIS Season 12: An overall OK season. The running subplot with Sergio fell a bit flat since one would think he would have gone after Gibbs years ago for killing Ari. Also massively disappointed they got rid of all of Bishop's quirks. I still love her, but I wish she would obsess over food more at least. The season finale was pretty standard, but at least they had a bunch of build-up. I know that they don't have the balls to actually kill of Gibbs, but if he's 100% by Episode 2 or 3 I will be majorly pissed.

What an ending to Hannibal, and it may have never happened at all. It'll be back.

Watched season one of Playing House. Humorous, heart warming. Keegan-Michael Key is great.

Started watching Fargo the other day. I gotta say, it's much better than I thought it'd be. If you liked the movie, I'm confident in saying you will probably like the show as well. The tone, the story, the music, the nail it all, and despite it being an anthology-type show they do have a connection to the movie stuck in there.

I just started watching Fargo today. Watched the first two episodes and wow is it fantastic. I hope I can finish season 1 before season 2 starts. I should be able to though as it starts sometime in October. 

is anyone watching blunt talk with Patrick stewart on starz. I wonder if its any good (im down with anything with the captain/professor).

I've only heard clips, and it sounds like I would like it. Patrick Stewart is a Falklands War Veteran, and he is some kind of radio pundit pacifist or something. What I really like is the relationship between him and his valet, who he somehow saved during the war.

is anyone watching blunt talk with Patrick stewart on starz. I wonder if its any good (im down with anything with the captain/professor).
I saw the first two. Was a little weird and silly but I enjoy watching Patrick Stewart, plus each episode is only around 22 minutes long.

I'm actually enjoying Ballers on HBO and thought it would be pretty bad.

Hannibal ending was phenominal. I'm also fine if the show doesn't come back. Three tremendous seasons that I would watch again.

I watched the pilot of The Man in the High Castle on Amazon instant video. Apart from some super dodgy looking sfx at the beginning it was pretty cool. I am looking forward to continuing it in November when the rest airs.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nick) - This show has had a problem with empty cities for a while now, but the season finale just emphasized it even more. Two alien invasions going on at once and there's, like, maybe 5 regular citizens in NYC. And the only humans who actually did anything were Shredder, April, and Casey.

On the other hand, props to them for
killing Splinter and destroying the Earth. Sure, it'll likely be undone, but it doesn't seem like it'll be done in the season premiere, so that's good.

But hey, the new-to-this-series character introduced at the end is voice by none other than Ten himself. Next season is gonna be fun.

So everybody left Manhattan in droves? Love how these alien invasion, disaster stories always target Manhattan, the sausage between New Jersey and Queens/Brooklyn.

So everybody left Manhattan in droves? Love how these alien invasion, disaster stories always target Manhattan, the sausage between New Jersey and Queens/Brooklyn.
No, they just stayed in their houses. A major problem with this series is that New York is always, always empty. For whatever reason the show hates having background characters. Hell, actual Foot Ninjas have pretty much disappeared now.

Minority Report. Another damn cop show. Meagan Good plays her part well, though I feel that she can carry the show by herself, Little Thief built into her brain or not.

The precog guy? I think he's alright, but I thought they could've cast younger, but it is noted that this show takes place at least 10 years after the movie (very loosely). For a guy in his 30s, Stark Sands is playing a naive kid in his 20s.

This feels very much like Sleepy Hollow meets Blade Runner, and Minority Report should have been aired earlier this year instead of now. I also miss Almost Human.

Now Gotham? I can't help but feel that Jim Gordon is going to Batman like in the comics because of Bruce's and Alfred curiouser investigation into the catacombs of Wayne manor. They'll probably find Thomas Wayne's Batman crap, and if Alfred doesn't want to use this stuff, it'll probably be Gordon. Ben MacKenzie's playing the cop thing well, as expected. Why must Bruno Heller be so obsessed with the villains, if Batman is supposed to fight them in two decades time?! That part was just boring, though I feel sorry for Zaardon. Glad I spent most of the hour watching Let's Make a Deal.

so what does everyone think about FX's the bastard executioner. seems good but im wondering where will they go with the main character. also why is gemma always involved in killing the main characters girl.

NCIS Season 13 Premiere: Started out really well with Gibbs in surgery and Cryer's character doing pretty well. But then there was an inexplicable time skip, because heaven forbid Gibbs is out of the action for one episode, and the episode just fell apart from there.

so what does everyone think about FX's the bastard executioner. seems good but im wondering where will they go with the main character. also why is gemma always involved in killing the main characters girl.
I loved SOA so I am trying so hard to like this, but I am about to pull chocks on it. It is too slow and I am just not feeling any connection with the main character. SOA was a bit rough at times in its first season so I'm trying to be patient. it feels like a vanity project and there is way too much good TV on to waste my time with a sub par show.

NCIS Season 13 Premiere: Started out really well with Gibbs in surgery and Cryer's character doing pretty well. But then there was an inexplicable time skip, because heaven forbid Gibbs is out of the action for one episode, and the episode just fell apart from there.
It's a paint-by-numbers procedural. It's not The Shield or The Wire. I don't know what else you'd expect from NCIS.

It's a paint-by-numbers procedural. It's not The Shield or The Wire. I don't know what else you'd expect from NCIS.
Except that this was the season opener where the main character was shot twice. In a series where other season openers had characters tortured in Isreal and Somalia and the rest of the cast had to rescue them.

And this episode had all the actual plot after the time skip take place in Shanghai yet focused it's attention on NCIS HQ.

OG Law and Order is back on iON tv, in Widescreen! Jesse L. Martin on Tuesdays and Wednesdays? Can't complain about that.

I watched the openers for the Middle and the Goldbergs. HIlarious as usual. When shows like Modern Family somehow keep getting the awards (not anymore this year), the Middle always gets overlooked.  Like Parks and Rec, that makes me sad.

I loved SOA so I am trying so hard to like this, but I am about to pull chocks on it. It is too slow and I am just not feeling any connection with the main character. SOA was a bit rough at times in its first season so I'm trying to be patient. it feels like a vanity project and there is way too much good TV on to waste my time with a sub par show.
My sentiments exactly

bread's done
Back