Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw was Good

I watched the openers for the Middle and the Goldbergs. HIlarious as usual. When shows like Modern Family somehow keep getting the awards (not anymore this year), the Middle always gets overlooked. Like Parks and Rec, that makes me sad.
Yea, we like The Middle too. It's hard to find older episodes though, compared to Modern Family. It wasn't until a few months ago that stores carried season 1 DVDs.

Curious how it'll go with two kids in college.

Really didn't enjoy season 2 of True Detective.  Surprisingly not for Vince Vaughn, but that any messaging gets lost in an overly complex plot with too many moving parts to stick anything.  Especially didn't like how it ended either but by then I'm not sure I cared enough anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching a bit of American Horror Story lately, and I actually am liking some of it. 

I don't watch much tv but my wife and kids got me sucked into watching a few new shows the other night that made me laugh. Grandfathered, or whatever it is with John Stamos, and The Grinder, with Rob Lowe and Fred Savage.

As for older shows, we all like The Middle, Fresh off the Boat, and Modern Family.

It's gonna be tough tonight. But I'm glad the CW lets you watch their shows the next day unlike Fox and ABC. I do want to watch that new John Stamos show, but I do like Fresh Off the Boat alot. I've always said it's basically live action Chinese-American Dad!

Been watching the newest Modern Family episodes as they are airing. They have been pretty tame overall.

The Hayley - Andy thing has been going on way too long.

The Hayley - Dylan thing has been going on way too long.

There has only a few funny moments here and there so far.

I have been enjoying Fresh off the Boat much more.

Been watching X-Files for the first time ever and I must say, this show is pretty damn good. The season 2 finale and the first episode of season 3 blew my socks off!

Besides that, I've watched The Strain on FX and Daredevil on Netflix, The strain would be much better had that kid never appeared. The first kid actor was alright but this new kid makes me want to punch my screen everytime he's on it. Now that:
the mother has the little punk hopefully the master turns him so Abraham can do us all a favor and off the little ****er, especially after getting Nora killed.

As much as I hate to admit this I've been watching select Family Guy episodes lately. I'm a huge American Dad fan and think it's x20 better than FG and have always been irritated by the fans who will flock to see FG but never give AD a chance despite the fact it's way better but thought I'd try again. Honestly, the episodes where they actually focus on a story and not rely on a thousand lame cutaways every other 30 seconds are pretty decent. In particular, the murder mystery two-parter they did I thought was really good and surprise surprise that one contained NO cutaways I believe. It's weird FG is way inferior than AD but I guess that's because they are different shows with different writers and staff and the only linking connection is MacFarlane created both. Seth really is a genius by the way if you've ever heard any of his talks or read his writings and it's a shame he really doesn't offer his creative input to either show anymore asides from collecting his checks from his producer credit as the man is quite smart and I can see where both shows got their early humor that's not the same as it is now.

I've never liked American Dad anywhere near as much. I was one of the people who watched the Family Guy premiere back when it aired though. The cutaways were really bad when they came back on air. Like a million Conway Twitty's? Really?

While the first four seasons were definitely better, there's still a lot of gems. The Star Wars and the Road to... episodes are the obvious ones. And honestly, Adam West makes me laugh every time.

"My name isn't Adam We. Or is it?"

"Oh my god, I'm a tomato!"

Family Guy is only good when Seth McFarlane takes his medicine.

American Dad is fan-freaking tastic. I didn't really care for it when the How I Met Your Mother guys were in charge. When Nanatchka Khan was in charge, oh man it steamrolled the rest of the Sunday Night Block. You should start at like season 3 or 4, rather than one or two.

Currently I'm watching more Match Game 78. Heroes Reborn is just awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkIS5cQJuhY

I don't know why people still watch Arrow, I do like Flash, and iZombie.  I liked the opening episode of Supergirl (even though some of it was a little lame, the writing mostly), I really hope it gets better after the pilot.  Also, I've given up on Scorpion, I enjoyed it for a while, but I don't care about the characters that much, and it's pretty much the same every episode.  Granted, so are all the NCIS's, but I still watch them because I like the characters (though I only watch NCIS and New Orleans, LA is complete shit)

Grimm was alright, but too bad there wasn't enough headchopping. Though they made it up to us with that freaky dream sequence.

Watched four Treehouse of Horrors in a row, since I only had certain seasons of the Simpsons on DVD.

iZombie & The Flash. I'm really happy with both shows right now. I will be watching Arrow either in a bit or tomorrow. 

Longmire. Seasons 1 and 2 were as I expected to be but season 3 was great from beginning to end. Sadly, Season 4 got a bit boring after the 5th episode.

Still, a good TV show overall and can't wait for the 5th season.

Supergirl - The show has its flaws and the special effects could better, but the show is still quite fun and we'll worth the watch.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Love this show and the multiple plot lines this season means less filler.

Teen Titans Go - Just happened upon the episode where they watch the older animated series and try to reboot themselves. The writers do a really good job at pissing off fans of the original show.

A month ago I tried watching NARCOS but Pablo Escobar's (Brazilian actor) accent pissed me off and couldn't watch.

I decided to give it a try again. I'm still bothered with that, but it's been a very good show so far.

Still like El Patron del Mal better as far as Pablo Escobar series go.

While Supergirl was on commercial (I didn't really care for the usual depiction of a "bad girl" supervillain on tv), I watched some Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and happened on the "I Give Good Parent" Song. Give Bloom an Emmy already.

Was finally able to catch most of an episode of Supergirl since the pilot. The show is super fun, but I kinda feel like the pacing is way too quick especially when it comes to drama. I think I'm just going to have to marathon it when the season is over and I hope it has the legs to last more than a couple seasons because it's a pretty good show.

The quick pacing is pretty much a requirement of CBS shows. At least it can hold a shot for 10 seconds unlike NCIS LA and Hawaii Five-O.

NCIS LA is complete shit.  I couldn't get more than 3 episodes into that show (though I did watch the episodes where Abby was around)

Deeks and Granger are the best things to watch about the show. G is actually pretty interesting, but Sam and Hetty keep derailing his story and make him unlikable by association. Kensi is basically Ziva-lite. And don't even get me started on Eric and Nell.

But pretty much any time the show focuses on Deeks and Granger, it's good. I would actually love an episode with just Vance and Granger out catching bad guys.

I loved SOA so I am trying so hard to like this, but I am about to pull chocks on it. It is too slow and I am just not feeling any connection with the main character. SOA was a bit rough at times in its first season so I'm trying to be patient. it feels like a vanity project and there is way too much good TV on to waste my time with a sub par show.
And i wasn't alone show got cancelled due to low interest. Hoping Sutter's next project is not a period piece.

[quote name="ygoloib" post="13052153" timestamp="1448394360"] jessica jones is a pretty good show, makes me actually wanna watch daredevil now & see if it compares.[/quote]
Daredevil is awesome. Just finished it today, and I can't wait for season 2 already. You should definitely give it a watch.

I also started, Jessica Jones, I'm on episode 3, and it has been a bit slow, but at least interesting enough to keep me watching.

Whoever recommended Aziz Ansari's show was spot on. That show had me rolling and the immigrant dad episode really hit me in the feels.

Watched The Man in the High Castle

I thought it was great. Really cool production design. Very slow at times, but worth checking out.

Yay! But I do wonder. Samurai Jack was already awesome, even if it had the limitations of being a "kids show." Will the new series tackle more mature serious themes, or will it fall to the desires of gratuitous violence just because it's an Adult Swim show?

The Middle and the Goldbergs continue to make me happy.

Supernatural was interesting, even if the ending was a bit hokey.

Yay! But I do wonder. Samurai Jack was already awesome, even if it had the limitations of being a "kids show." Will the new series tackle more mature serious themes, or will it fall to the desires of gratuitous violence just because it's an Adult Swim show?
Genndy and most of the original staff are back to helm production, so it'll probably be similar to the classic series. Given that robot torture is one of the praises of the show (that sounded morbid...) I doubt they'll change it.

Watched The Man in the High Castle

I thought it was great. Really cool production design. Very slow at times, but worth checking out.
I second that very awesome show. it is a bit different too, I'm having a hard time comparing it to other shows when i talk about it to my friends

bread's done
Back