SWTOR CE $29.99 - Kmart.com

[quote name='kerouac kid']Best Buy Price Match Policy The managers/employees did not make anything up. It is there for anyone to read. The person pitched a fit like a child until he/she received an unnecessary compensation. Then reported it on CAG like he/she were David and had just defeated Goliath. However, the person should have reported: I acted like a complete ass in BB today. I was rejected for a PM. Instead of accepting the BB policy regarding PMs, I called corporate to endanger the jobs of people who were doing their job by not letting me have my way. Not only did I get my PM, but I'm also going to be rewarded w/ extra reward certificates and gift cards . I received all of this simply for being an ass.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the way it works nowadays, though? The ones who bitch and moan get all the free handouts, while the ones who work hard pay for it. The guy is a complete asshole...

[quote name='PetersHere']Isn't that the way it works nowadays, though? The ones who bitch and moan get all the free handouts, while the ones who work hard pay for it. The guy is a complete asshole...[/QUOTE]

I still don't see how I'm an asshole I simply challenge them on their policy that I was not aware of. Its not the customers job to know its the employees job to know the policy and to show it when asked. I did not raise my voice or even degrade them in anyway. I have worked retail before and I know there are some customers that can be very difficult to deal with, but when a customer challenges you, you have to push back. In this case at BB the employees did not push back in anyway, they just kept stepping back when pushed.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I too received mine today. Mine was shipped in a relatively flimsy box with some air pillows. It arrived in about the same condition as the one I got from Amazon when the game launched - with the exact same crack running 3/4 of the way up the front left side of the top cover. All I could do was laugh, since the whole reason I ordered one was to replace my cracked cover that has driven me nuts since launch. lol

Yeah... OCD, I know... :p[/QUOTE]

Must be a production error as I have the SAME thing on my launch copy!

[quote name='PetersHere']Isn't that the way it works nowadays, though? The ones who bitch and moan get all the free handouts, while the ones who work hard pay for it. The guy is a complete asshole...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's true. But the guy who works hard sleeps better at night and has the respect of his fellow man.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']I didn't get my shipping confirmation email until 430pm or so, but if it's waiting for me when I get home, that would be crazy.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately the package wasn't waiting for me when i got home, but when i heard a knock on my door, i knew it was it. Opened it up and the box is in awesome shape. definitely an awesome CE to have for $30, it's really exciting to open

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Man I can't believe I paid $150 for this thing at launch, lol. XP[/QUOTE]

lol, just pretend you never saw this

Sorry if this has been answered in this thread, but does KMART really not give tracking numbers? I got my shipping confirmation yesterday and couldn't find it in the email. Didn't see a tracking number when checking my order via the website either.

I don't care if it takes a week for shipping, just want to know when it is coming. Been having some packages go missing recently.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Man I can't believe I paid $150 for this thing at launch, lol. XP[/QUOTE]

I am so glad I didn't, I didn't even plan on playing the game either. I was just interested in the extras but I didn't even buy it for $30 so I guess there goes that now.

[quote name='ferris182']I ordered 2 yesterday afternoon and received both today! The whole thing took less than 24 hours from order placement to delivery.

By the way, the boxes were in mint condition.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GBAstar']look at these assholes on eBay. Many listings at between $65-$80 including shipping (some are even offering free priority shipping).

Do people not realize this weighs like 8lbs and won't fit in a flat rate box? Lot of time and effort and space to give up to make ~ $15 per unit

Edit: Like most CE clearances eBay is flooded with idiots undercutting idiots. I just don't understand some of these sellers---it's like they are so frantic to just get rid of what they just bought. It must be more about the thrill of "OMG I just sold something on eBay!" then making any sort of real money.[/QUOTE]

You can ask ferris182 when he is done, I guess he was as quick to put it up on eBay as it came in.

[quote name='YBX87']lol, just pretend you never saw this[/QUOTE]
The guy should be like, "I will pretend I never saw this."

So what are the chances I can get this in-store? And how would I go about it? My local K-Mart has two sitting in their electronics department, but when I scanned one a price checker, it rang up at full price. I'm not all that interested in the game, but I wouldn't mind having the statue for ~$30.

[quote name='Burning Karma']So what are the chances I can get this in-store? And how would I go about it? My local K-Mart has two sitting in their electronics department, but when I scanned one a price checker, it rang up at full price. I'm not all that interested in the game, but I wouldn't mind having the statue for ~$30.[/QUOTE]

You have to buy it on the website at the sale price to get it in the store. When I picked mine up, I tried to buy the other one but they wouldn't sell it to me at the same price. I was going to go online right then and there but they said there was a 2hr wait period from the time of order before you can pick it up...

Nice. After only calling two stores, I found two copies for $29.99. One is on hold until the morning.

[quote name='Kadin']You have to buy it on the website at the sale price to get it in the store. When I picked mine up, I tried to buy the other one but they wouldn't sell it to me at the same price. I was going to go online right then and there but they said there was a 2hr wait period from the time of order before you can pick it up...[/QUOTE]

Not 100% true. As stated up above, it scanned 29.99 at the store I called.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not 100% true. As stated up above, it scanned 29.99 at the store I called.[/QUOTE]

Well then your store is quite unique. I've called 3 other local stores and a friend called his stores and they all rang up at $150 in the store.

[quote name='Kadin']Well then your store is quite unique. I've called 3 other local stores and a friend called his stores and they all rang up at $150 in the store.[/QUOTE]

I guess I got lucky. ;) BTW, it was already on clearance at this store for 79.99(?) the last time I was there a few weeks back.

[quote name='Kadin']You have to buy it on the website at the sale price to get it in the store. When I picked mine up, I tried to buy the other one but they wouldn't sell it to me at the same price. I was going to go online right then and there but they said there was a 2hr wait period from the time of order before you can pick it up...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I figured. Shame too.

[quote name='sp00ge']I guess I got lucky. ;) BTW, it was already on clearance at this store for 79.99(?) the last time I was there a few weeks back.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well that's definitely something else odd. Was the one you picked up the last one there?

[quote name='Burning Karma']Yeah, that's what I figured. Shame too.[/QUOTE]

At the very least I'd call the store as from what sp00ge said above, it's possible it might be already reduced...

Odd i went to the kmart in West Seneca new york noticed they had one in my travels. I took it up to main cashier she rang it up came up at 29.99 and did a double take it was sooo cheap. Worked fine and otd the for 32.61

[quote name='Kadin']Ah, well that's definitely something else odd. Was the one you picked up the last one there?[/QUOTE]

I didn't pick it up yet. I called the store just to see if they had it. Lady put me on hold to check, came back and said "I'm about to make your day! We have two of them, originally priced 149.99, now 29.99."

I asked her if she could set one aside for me to pick up in the morning, she took my name and said it will be waiting for me tomorrow.

I got two in the mail today which is awesome considering I ordered yesterday. Both were mint condition so I could not be happier about it! I'm not sure if the digital items will carry over when it goes F2P, but either way, at least I have the extra physical items. Thanks OP!!!

They must be lying to you when you call because they might want to keep it for themselves but the two stores here in new york both were $29.99 in store. I went to buy 2 in store and it rang up $29.99 and the kid ringing me up was damn near crushed because he was watching them and said he checked 4 days ago and was waiting for a drop.I needed 2 as I was picking up a copy for my friend at work, I felt bad but I had to do what I had to do. Also I didnt even call since you inform them of the deal(slickdeal mentality)I just drove the 7 miles and took a shot and they had them in stock.

Had shelf wear and my metalpak case had broken plastic hinges. Fixed with some super glue and all is good! Great deal and ultra fast shipping.

[quote name='Burning Karma']So what are the chances I can get this in-store? And how would I go about it? My local K-Mart has two sitting in their electronics department, but when I scanned one a price checker, it rang up at full price. I'm not all that interested in the game, but I wouldn't mind having the statue for ~$30.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same thing happened to me yesterday i picked up my order and noticed they had one more in stock. Asked if it rings up as $29.99 and they tried and it came up as $150. Tried to go back to the site and it shows up as no longer available. I would like to pick up the extra one for my co-worker. Not sure what else can be done. As a long shot i tried to send an email to customer service and explained the situation and waiting to see if anything comes of it.

Just an FYI, this thing takes forever to install. If you want to get a head start on it before you receive the game, you can install the client here.

[quote name='ryosnk']Any comments or reviews on the statue?[/QUOTE]

There's some pics on page 9.

[quote name='Duetschbag']I'm not sure if the digital items will carry over when it goes F2P, but either way, at least I have the extra physical items. Thanks OP!!![/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't the digital items carry over? I can't imagine that they'd pull the digital items for people that have been playing since release. After going FTP, that would be a real kick in the teeth.

I was just throwing my packing slip away and I noticed that on the packing slip, the game's price is listed as $20.99 with the full $9.99 shipping price listed.

I know some of you refused your shipments after getting PMs elsewhere. I'm not sure what Kmart's refund policy is on refused shipments (i.e. purchase price only or price + shipping), but I figured I'd point it out just in case it's an issue for any of you.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Why wouldn't the digital items carry over? I can't imagine that they'd pull the digital items for people that have been playing since release. After going FTP, that would be a real kick in the teeth.[/QUOTE]

That's a valid argument. The only thing I can think of is that with the registration of this edition, you are (currently) expected to pay a monthly fee to keep playing. Correct me if I am wrong, but wont they still have a paid "premium" model after going F2P? My thoughts are that EA would say you can't use these items unless you continue paying us.

But again, that is a valid point. I don't believe anyone would pay just to have their CE extras, and it would be a kick in the teeth to others who have been playing since release.

[quote name='Duetschbag']Correct me if I am wrong, but wont they still have a paid "premium" model after going F2P? My thoughts are that EA would say you can't use these items unless you continue paying us.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's possible, but it seems unlikely. Straight from the SW:TOR website:

Free-to-Play –The first 50 levels will be free-to-play, with some restrictions on access to new content and advanced player features. Some restrictions can be “unlocked” with Cartel Coins.

I highly doubt that any previously acquired digital goods would be considered "advanced player features."

Just received my CE today, packaged very well, the box could not be in more perfect condition. When I saw these first at best buy they were dented, scratched, and even cut with box cutters. Hats off to Kmart on the speeding shipping and packaging =D

[quote name='Lemon Monster']I still don't see how I'm an asshole I simply challenge them on their policy that I was not aware of. Its not the customers job to know its the employees job to know the policy and to show it when asked. I did not raise my voice or even degrade them in anyway. I have worked retail before and I know there are some customers that can be very difficult to deal with, but when a customer challenges you, you have to push back. In this case at BB the employees did not push back in anyway, they just kept stepping back when pushed.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I am making an assumption that A.) LM really didn't know the policy and B.) he was not disrespectful or rude. If A and B are true, I say more power to him.

An employee, and if not a floor sales person, then by gosh, the MANAGER should know and be able to back up company policy. Not sure what state he lives in, but here in NC, if the policy is not posted somewhere prominent, it doesn't exist. He asked for proof that the policy was real and they could not provide him with that evidence. Why are we defending employee ignorance? He asked for their superiors. Corporate felt it was better to let him have an 8 month old dust collector at 30 bucks rather than piss off a future potential customer. Heck, if the manager became so agreeable after he began talking to corporate, why not start the process that way. I worked retail manager for 4 years before getting into education field (hated management, but that's a different story) and the number 1 rule is keep the customer happy.

In NC, if a store offers something with an advertised price, whether it be a price placard or a newspaper ad, they have to sell it for that price. On at least 3 occasions over the last few years, I have politely demanded to get an item at the price advertised. Best example - employees put out a price sticker that listed the game at 5.99 instead of 59.99. When I complained, I actually got the response, "well, it's obvious it's an error." My response was, "maybe, but I know the law and you advertised it at that price." So, I guess by hater logic here, that makes me an a$$? Yet the flipper brigade who buy all the available product to the detriment of the others in their area routinely go around high-five'ing on these forums with little to no complaint. Yeah, that seems right :speaktothehand:

P.S. However, as I said, if A and B were not true, that changes our little discussion.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I guess that's possible, but it seems unlikely. Straight from the SW:TOR website:

I highly doubt that any previously acquired digital goods would be considered "advanced player features."[/QUOTE]

Wish I could find the exact quote, but a Bioware employee already stated that they would be keeping the monthly subscription policy in place for those who don't want the micro-transaction route. Besides, these collector's edition bonuses were the reason numerous people bought these CE for 150+. Highly doubt they can legally do away with the content just because they are modifying the program billing structure.

[quote name='douglasmcc']Wish I could find the exact quote, but a Bioware employee already stated that they would be keeping the monthly subscription policy in place for those who don't want the micro-transaction route. Besides, these collector's edition bonuses were the reason numerous people bought these CE for 150+. Highly doubt they can legally do away with the content just because they are modifying the program billing structure.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this, it would cause a shitstorm with those people that paid $150 only to find out that everyone would end up getting access to all those exclusivity's one had with the CE, and free too.

Whoa, bonus! I was just browsing the SW:TOR site when I noticed they've got rewards available for existing members when the game goes FTP. Check out these bonuses:

Rewards
1000 Cartel Coins** to Purchasers of the Collector's Edition
Heroes' Banner** to Purchasers of the Collector's Edition

**OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) COLLECTORS EDITION WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE-TO-PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT. CARTEL COINS SUBJECT TO DIGITAL SERVICES AGREEMENT. REWARD ITEMS APPLIED IN-GAME TO USER ACCOUNT WITHIN 30 DAYS OF FREE-TO-PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

http://www.swtor.com/free

In comparison, those who bought the vanilla edition on release but paid to play through July 31, 2012, only receive 1050 Cartel Coins.

Anyway, the way I read this, as long as you activate your CE account with the free 30 days within 30 days of the FTP launch, you should get these rewards. It does state "active paying subscription," so they could interpret that to be a subscription that is not the free 30 days of time, but I doubt that will be the case. Maybe we can email Bioware for clarification on this.

Regardless of whether we can get these rewards for free or have to pay for one month at $15 prior to the game going FTP, it seems like a solid bonus for buying the Collector's Edition.

There's also a comparison chart on the SW:TOR website for the differences between subscription and FTP. Here's perhaps the most notable for those of us who bought the CE and plan to do FTP.

Some character creation options, such as species, are limited to subscribers.

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Here are the limitations on character creation:

You can create up to eight characters per server, with a max of 50 characters across all servers, letting you play out multiple storylines.

So, while you've got your free 30 days, make sure to create a bunch of alien characters. In FTP, they can limit your alien choices, but once you've created the character on a paid account, you should be able to keep it when transitioning to FTP.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think this price will be a universal drop. Buy.com had it on ebay for 29.99, new egg 29.99, kmart 29.99.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it seems like it is, but it's gonna sell out everywhere quickly at that price. just figured people would prefer picking it up at GS if possible since they may have credit and they can also see the box condition as well

bread's done
Back