Tales from Good Will / Salvation Army 2008

Went back to Goodwill today just to see if they put out anything new and picked these two games up
DSC01740.jpg

[quote name='LuisRM']They had a ton of new and sealed NCAA Football 08 for PS3 for $5. Picked up six. Traded in two to GS and got the extra $10 + EDGE card bonus.. Going to other stores later.[/quote]

If the games are still sealed, is the trade-in value the same as if they were used?

Today I got at Goodwill a new and sealed Crackdown(360) for $6.99 and a mint complete Final Fantasy IX for $7. Finally found some games at my Goodwill, its been about a year.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']If the games are still sealed, is the trade-in value the same as if they were used?[/quote]

Actually, I found out that they won't take the games if they're sealed. Something about security and theft. The manager had me leave the store and unseal them and then come back in.

[quote name='addicted2games']Today I got at Goodwill a new and sealed Crackdown(360) for $6.99 and a mint complete Final Fantasy IX for $7. Finally found some games at my Goodwill, its been about a year.[/quote]

Crackdown for $7 is a steal. I gotta put that game back in to get my last few orbs. Such fun, I never actually got to play 2 player either. I gotta get that going.

Well, cleaned 'em out today. This doesn't include the 6 I got yesterday for $4.99.
ncaa.jpg

[quote name='LuisRM']Actually, I found out that they won't take the games if they're sealed. Something about security and theft. The manager had me leave the store and unseal them and then come back in.

Crackdown for $7 is a steal. I gotta put that game back in to get my last few orbs. Such fun, I never actually got to play 2 player either. I gotta get that going.

Well, cleaned 'em out today. This doesn't include the 6 I got yesterday for $4.99.
ncaa.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Where in Minnesota are you? I've never gone to a Goodwill for videogames. That's quite a score.

Nice. At my goodwill they'd have marked 'em for at least $29.99. WTF? It doesn't help that the sticker deals (yellow = 50% off) don't apply to video games. :roll:

*edited for grammar*

[quote name='punkmaggit']Nice. At my goodwill they'd have marked 'em for at least $29.99. WTF? It doesn't help that the days when they have sticker deals (yellow = 50% off) doesn't apply to video games. :roll:[/QUOTE]

All the stores are inconsistent with prices!

[quote name='One4Deuce']Where in Minnesota are you? I've never gone to a Goodwill for videogames. That's quite a score.[/quote]

Thanks, I thought so. It was at the site that's attached to their Headquarters in St. Paul. Not West St. Paul, which I've found to have some NES games at times. I should have got Wall Street Kid when I had the chance.

FYI, they almost always have a video game related item in the silent auction. They had GH3 for the PC/MAC and no one had bid on it by Friday. It was going for $10.

[quote name='LuisRM']Thanks, I thought so. It was at the site that's attached to their Headquarters in St. Paul. Not West St. Paul, which I've found to have some NES games at times. I should have got Wall Street Kid when I had the chance.

FYI, they almost always have a video game related item in the silent auction. They had GH3 for the PC/MAC and no one had bid on it by Friday. It was going for $10.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, I'm out in the 'burbs so its probably not worth the trip up there but I may have to check out my local Good Will next time I'm out.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Interesting, I'm out in the 'burbs so its probably not worth the trip up there but I may have to check out my local Good Will next time I'm out.[/quote]

Are you by Hopkins? That is the store that has the "best" merchandise. They have the highest quality donations since they are so close to nicer areas. I don't get over there too often so I don't know what kind of games they get.

Little Nemo The Dream Master - 1.50

Got this last week from the nearby Salvation Army. It was the only NES game I saw, I think that most games they get are found buried in a box of random stuff donated as I rarely see more then 1-3 old console games at a time and have only seen a system donated with a decent number of games at this store twice over the last 3 years or so.

Mickey & the Magic Circus (SNES) for 99 cents today. Still overcharging on Xbox 360 titles (grrr).

There's a couple of Genesis titles I keep going back and forth on picking up, maybe you all could help me out:

- any of the Genesis sports titles worth anything?
- Belle's Quest (Sunsoft)
- Beauty & the Beast (Sunsoft)

well the beauty and the beast games are worth pickin up for a buck

the only sports games worth pickin up on the genny are

mutant league football
mutant league hockey
nba jam

Saw Lion King for Genesis, a bunch of no-name PS1 games and 4 NBA 08 games, sealed for PS3 $10. Passed on them though. Guess they got wise to the $5 price they had the other PS3 games marked at.

I picked up a nice Sega Saturn w/ hook-ups and standard controller for $9.99. It can be my back-up since I had to take apart my existing Saturn to get it to work.

I also picked up WWF Rage in the Cage for Sega CD.

My Goodwill is in somewhat of a rut right now. Not much new coming in gaming-wise, and anything that does come in is overpriced.

Rarely have I seen hardware. At one point in time there was a complete SNES in its original box for $20.00. Didn't bite and it was gone eventually.

Is it worth it to check more than once a week? I know they get donated stuff all the time, so it feels like luck of the draw sometimes.

[quote name='punkmaggit']My Goodwill is in somewhat of a rut right now. Not much new coming in gaming-wise, and anything that does come in is overpriced.

Rarely have I seen hardware. At one point in time there was a complete SNES in its original box for $20.00. Didn't bite and it was gone eventually.

Is it worth it to check more than once a week? I know they get donated stuff all the time, so it feels like luck of the draw sometimes.[/quote]

Typically they put new stuff out every hour, but electronics and "higher end" things may go out once a day or once every few days. At my place they restock the games/movies section 3 times a week.

I was surprised to see that my goodwill got in an Xbox & about 10 games. Then I noticed the Xbox was $100 & each sports game was 10.06. There was also a guy there buying a PS1 with 1 controller for 16.06.

I picked up:
(Gen)Sonic The Hedgehog 2 CIB- 99 cents
(Gen)Mortal Kombat cart only- 75 cents at Speedway Thrift
At Value Village I got White Stripes The White Album for $2.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Woof, $100 for an xbox? EPIC FAIL.[/QUOTE]

Here I thought $60 @ Half Price Books for an XBox used but in the box system with 2 games was "epic fail" already.

[quote name='ZanyBB']well the beauty and the beast games are worth pickin up for a buck

mutant league football
mutant league hockey
nba jam[/quote]

I believe they also released Pigskin Footbrawl for the Genny, which I have yet to see but I would pick up for the hell of it. I DID pick up Arch Rivals about 2-3 months ago from a local SA store for $2-3.

And today(and I think this game is one of the few 'must have' Genesis titles)I picked up Flashback: The Quest For Identity.

It's an incomplete copy(missing manual, the coverart is folded on one corner), but it's still a good game. I passed on a copy of Ecco The Dolphin(complete), Jurassic Park and a number of other Genny titles.

[quote name='ZanyBB']well the beauty and the beast games are worth pickin up for a buck

mutant league football
mutant league hockey
nba jam[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan of the Genesis EA NHL games (96 and later are pretty good).

Just a heads-up, my local Goodwill is having a 50% off everything sale tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't think I can swing on by. In any case, might be worth a looksy if anyone's in Vegas. The store is on Sahara/Torrey Pines.

MLB'08 for $10 anyone?

[quote name='punkmaggit']The store is on Sahara/Torrey Pines.[/quote]
[quote name='Demolition Man']...... okay........ where is "my local Goodwill" to be exact?[/quote]

:whee:

mutant league football
mutant league hockey
nba jam[/quote]
6f3b1rs5.jpg

My Goodwill actually had some game stuff today! I snagged Abe's Oddyssee in mint condition for PS1 for $6, passed on PGA Tour 98, Gunfighter, and Deathtrap Dungeon at the same price. There were also a TON of PS2 games behind the counter, but I didn't see prices and there was nothing interesting there anyway, but still very cool to see! I don't think I've had a Goodwill find since the 3 new in box N64 controllers I found last year.

I LOVE GOODWILL

Found these today:

Final Fantasy VII (Black label - complete, the one with the typing misprint)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Black label - complete)
Tobal No. 1 (complete)
Fear Effect (no manual - missing disc 4, taking it back consequently!!)

There were no price tags on any of 'em, but the manager was brought over and charged me $5.99 for FFVII & Fear Effect, $4.99 for Tobal No. 1, & $1.99 for FFTactics.

Needless to say I'm super elated that I found all of these! The lady ringing me up originally couldn't find the discs, at which time I about had a heart attack, but then I helped her look through the CD holder, and we found 'em all. I still can't believe it!

Last edited by a moderator:
"Luck" is certainly the word. Some weeks there's nothing, other weeks you find stuff like this! You really have to root through some of this stuff though. All the PS1 games are shelved with the music CD's (at least in my store)

Tons of PS1 and PS2 stuff there today, but nothing worth picking up. There were some Saturn sports games too. Not worth buying, but neat to see. I did get an Interact-brand Saturn arcade stick for $4, and a DLink DSM-G600 wireless NAS for $10. Apparently the DLink gets ~$100 on eBay, so I don't think I'll be holding on to it. :) It is missing the power adapter though, I guess I'll have to buy one and be sure everything works.

[quote name='theGrue']Tons of PS1 and PS2 stuff there today, but nothing worth picking up. There were some Saturn sports games too. Not worth buying, but neat to see. I did get an Interact-brand Saturn arcade stick for $4, and a DLink DSM-G600 wireless NAS for $10. Apparently the DLink gets ~$100 on eBay, so I don't think I'll be holding on to it. :) It is missing the power adapter though, I guess I'll have to buy one and be sure everything works.[/quote]
I swear, nothing that I've bought from a Goodwill has come with the power adapter. I swear it's like some creepy guy sits in the back giggling while sitting on a pile of cables as he harvests power cords from stuff.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I swear, nothing that I've bought from a Goodwill has come with the power adapter. I swear it's like some creepy guy sits in the back giggling while sitting on a pile of cables as he harvests power cords from stuff.[/quote]

haha probably the greatest mental image i have had in a long while

[quote name='YodaEXE']I swear, nothing that I've bought from a Goodwill has come with the power adapter. I swear it's like some creepy guy sits in the back giggling while sitting on a pile of cables as he harvests power cords from stuff.[/quote]
My goodwill has a creepy ass gay guy in his 50's.
Does that count?

A few days ago, I picked up a bluetooth plantronics headset for 8.00 and a phillips hdmi cable for 4.00 .

2647946315_1ce7d00e14.jpg

Decided to hit the Goodwill today...

Tamagotchi: Party On - .50
Chronicles of Narnia - .50
Mortal Kombat 4 - .50
Croc 2 - 2.00

Yes, I freakin WII game for fifty cents, who cares if it sucks, it was 50 cents! The odd thing about it was that Croc 2 and several other crappy ps1 games were marked at 2.00 each, 4 TIMES the cost of a game for the Wii.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Decided to hit the Goodwill today...

Tamagotchi: Party On - .50
[/quote]

That is sick. It's just screaming to be traded in to GS with another game so you can get the $10 bonus. Great find.

Picked up Reloaded and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain for $3 each, as well as 11th Hour and Privateer for $1.50 each. I also grabbed Mace and Castlevania for the N64, $5 each. I know that seems high for N64 games, but these looked brand new, with the box, manual and game all in great condition, so I figured what the heck. Unfortunately these were the exception rather than the rule, as there was a bunch of mediocre PS1 and PS2 games going for $5 and $10 respectively. Rip-off.

I went to a local Goodwill today, they had NOTHING!
I was surprised, last time I was there they had about 20 copies of PGR3/4 (maybe 15 PGR3 and 5 PGR4, but not sure) as well as a PS3 game or two and quite a few copies of Golden Compass for Wii. Not only were the games gone, so was just about everything they had in their glass cases... I wonder what happened.

Got a pretty great deal at Goodwill yesterday. Saw a bag full of SNES games in the case marked at $15. Here's what I got:
Mario Paint
Super Mario World
King of Dragons
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Pilotwings
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario All-Stars
Starfox
And...
*Drum Roll*
Final Fantasy II

I already own everything but DKC 2, FF II, KoD, and Pilotwings, but It was more than worth it just for FF II, and I've been wanting to play DKC 2 again for a while.

Top loading NES for 5 dollars.

Insert Final Fantasy victory theme.

Scratch that; insert sound of me crapping my pants with joy.

They had no idea what it was. I didn't let them know, just bought it silently.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']My friend found a bong at a Deseret Industries once. It was in the antiques section. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

This has me wondering who is more clueless? The person that donated the bong or the store selling it, and all the worse if it's used which I'm assuming it was :)

bread's done
Back