Tales of The Abyss - PS2 - $2.00 at Best Buy YMMV!!! Colorado

rishiraja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just went over to best buy and they had a clearance rack of PS2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Wii, and some PSP games.

All PS2 games on this rack are $2.00 and free jampack with purchase
(Most interesting looking games)
- Tales of the Abyss
- Destroy all humans 2
- There was a lot more but none of them were that intersting.

All 360 games are 1/2 off the regular price
- Lord of the Rings
- Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 2
- Live Arcade Unplugged

All Gamecube games are $4.99
- Naruto Clash of Ninja 2

All Wii games are 1/2 off the regular price

Prince of Persia: Rival Swords

Thats pretty much it. There were some psp games too such as rocky balboa, sims 2, and some sports titles but I really didn't care much for them.

Were they on tables with sticker dots on them? You may have come across one of the local clearances.. also, were they being discounted manually at the register, or were they ringing up at this price? I'd throw a YMMV on this one, sounds like another one of those sporadic store-by-store BB sales.

There hasn't been a real massive clearance in a long time.. boy do I miss the few $4.99 blowouts of old.

[quote name='Skylander7']
There hasn't been a real massive clearance in a long time.. boy do I miss the few $4.99 blowouts of old.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we need a really awesome clearance from some store. Best Buy's earlier clearance sale this year was horrible and Circuit City's summer clearance wasn't that good either.

I was at Best Buy today and did not see this clearance. That was at the Totowa, NJ store. I wanted to get Just Cause (XBOX) for $4.99 but it came up $29.99.

Odd. My BB had what looks to be a YMMV clearence for the first time today. Had 50% off signs posted. Nothing too special though.

[quote name='happyorangeman']I was at Best Buy today and did not see this clearance. That was at the Totowa, NJ store. I wanted to get Just Cause (XBOX) for $4.99 but it came up $29.99.[/QUOTE]

It's only $4.99 as a frontlane game

Its located in Colorado and all the games were on a seperate clearance rack. The games also had a small yellow sticker on them and when I bought it up to the register for check out they manually discounted Tales of Abysss to $2.00 mentioning that every single PS2 clearance game on the cart was $2.00 plus a free jampack vol.15 was give with each ps2 game purchase.

Damnit, I just bought Tales of the Abyss for $35 two-three weeks ago. If this is indeed the case, I wanna go back and get some money back!

[quote name='rishiraja']Its located in Colorado and all the games were on a seperate clearance rack. The games also had a small yellow sticker on them and when I bought it up to the register for check out they manually discounted Tales of Abysss to $2.00 mentioning that every single PS2 clearance game on the cart was $2.00 plus a free jampack vol.15 was give with each ps2 game purchase.[/QUOTE]
Where specifically?

I'm pretty sure BB is kind of like Walmart in the sense that the individual store managers determine what goes on clearance. Thus, I don't anticipate many of you lucking out like the OP did. Still never hurts to try, so long as you've got a BB or two in your area.

I tried looking for Tales of the Abyss at the BB in Sunnyvale, but they didn't have a copy, and it wasn't likely that it'd be clearanced at $2 anyway. I think I'll call the Santana Row BB tomorrow, asking if they have any copies, first.

[quote name='Darkserge2002']I tried looking for Tales of the Abyss at the BB in Sunnyvale, but they didn't have a copy, and it wasn't likely that it'd be clearanced at $2 anyway. I think I'll call the Santana Row BB tomorrow, asking if they have any copies, first.[/quote]

#1 rule of CAG - Never call and ask and alert the employees of a possible sale.

[quote name='Scorch']#1 rule of CAG - Never call and ask and alert the employees of a possible sale.[/quote]

Would it hurt just to ask them whether it's in stock? I wasn't going to mention anything about the price.

[quote name='Darkserge2002']Would it hurt just to ask them whether it's in stock? I wasn't going to mention anything about the price.[/quote]

When checking stock likely they will see the price.

bread's done
Back