Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Smart old school gamers would agree. A lot of the new generation into the digital distribution will realize it one day when they can't sell their games or even worse lose all access to the games because the company no longer is in business or supports the program.

Then you'll see a lot of people trying to start class action lawsuits only to have them denied because of the terms of service they agreed to, to use these digital distribution services.

Same concept with manuals. You get people saying stupid things like it's more eco friendly etc. If you want eco friendly don't buy a big ass box collectors edition. Or even worse they defend the company and say who uses manuals any more anyways. I think that's when everyone who does just rolls their eyes at them.

Point of the matter is the European version got a manual. That tells me two things.

1.The company that made the game thinks Europeans are stupid and needed the manual and Americans didn't

2. Or two and most likely. They wanted to cut production cost down and save money. I doubt they did it to help the environment.
Doesn't matter why there is no manual. Bottom line is manuals are becoming a thing of the past and they are not coming back.

i remember a couple of days ago people were in here arguing abut the value of the figure. If you look at some of the recent completed listings on ebay they are going for $65-$85.
Someone was arguing that it would go for $20, $30 at most. Which I said at the time was way off.

I am debating should I sell my collector edition and pick up the Alter Milia figure and pick up the game cheaper down the road,

I would do that if you can live without getting the figure back. I think selling it in order to have to re- purchase the figure Is pointless. If you sell it and wait for a sub $20 price that is what I would personally do. I don't collect figures or statues though.

I am still waiting for a good price on the other tales game. I am waiting for the vanilla version of this to go to $20.

I still have yet to play any tales games. I'm in the market now though. Going to start with either of the PS3 ones depending on price.

Outside of the recent Namco Bandi site, Tales of Graces never even went below $40 as far as I can remember.

Doesn't matter why there is no manual. Bottom line is manuals are becoming a thing of the past and they are not coming back.

How is it a thing of the past? Every single PS3 game I own has a manual?

Same for Wii and Xbox360.

Matter of fact I don't think I own a physical game that doesn't have a manual. There are a few games that don't have a manual. Like literally a few. Not sure how you consider that a thing of the past.

I think selling it in order to have to re- purchase the figure Is pointless.
He is talking about a different figure.the alter milla which is larger and of higher quality than the prize figure we got in the collector's edition.

I don't think it's that good an idea... I would just pick up the alter figure anyway :) but if I were to put a my collection together, I would go alter figure + LE ToX + jude alter.

You don't own new games like Last of Us? You don't own a Vita or recent 3DS release? None of them have manuals. So yes it is a thing of the past.
Don't get me started on how they did the manual of TLoU. So dumb. How am I supposed to see how to play if it is on the same disc, but I have to quit the game to view it.

You don't own new games like Last of Us? You don't own a Vita or recent 3DS release? None of them have manuals. So yes it is a thing of the past.
The last of us is one game. Did you miss where I said a few have them.

I even knew last of us and Vita games had no manual before you mentioned it but I wouldn't say it's a thing of the past.

Especially if xbox one and PS4 are going to have manuals. Being as xbox one and PS4 are not even present but future would really make you're past statement redundant if they have manuals.

So you don't own The Last of Us or any recent VIta or 3DS games?

Some hardcore gamer you are. Wouldn't be surprised if you used game genie for your platinums.

I just checked but I never actually looked.

3DS games have like a pamphlet thing that LOOKS like a manual, but its not.

Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, New Super Mario Bros 2 do not have them.

Either he doesnt own any of these or he actually never looked and assumed the pamphlets were manuals like I did.

So you don't own The Last of Us or any recent VIta or 3DS games?

Some hardcore gamer you are. Wouldn't be surprised if you used game genie for your platinums.

No game genie here. I have 16 platinum's because I actually play them when I buy a game. Not let it sit on a shelf.

Last of us is still $60 bucks. I actually plan on buying that. I wouldn't be on a site called cheap ass gamer if I wanted to pay MSRP for it.

I'd be on a site called walmart.com.

You don't have to own the games to be hardcore. If you know more about a game then someone who owns it mean you're more hardcore of a gamer to me.

I'm a game collector, so I love my full color manuals, but they will soon be a thing of the past. They don't exist on Vita; they barely exist on 3DS; and more and more 360/PS3 games are now coming without one or coming with one that is like 2-3 pages and black and white. I wouldn't be surprised if they were completely gone at some point next gen.

Also, are the accusatory tone and the ad hominem arguments really necessary, folks? 

Please never use the name of the site to back up a claim, lol.

I "paid" 79.99 for my survival edition of Last of us but I only spent like $20 out of pocket.

The last of us is one game. Did you miss where I said a few have them.

I even knew last of us and Vita games had no manual before you mentioned it but I wouldn't say it's a thing of the past.

Especially if xbox one and PS4 are going to have manuals. Being as xbox one and PS4 are not even present but future would really make you're past statement redundant if they have manuals.
No, you said every PS3 game you own has a manual. It is also like that in recent game as Deadpool, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen or RE6. EA been eliminating manual and just have a sheet with warranty information.

But hey Japan got a 4 pages black and white manual for RE6! If they are going to put zero effort into one then it doesn't matter.

No, you said every PS3 game you own has a manual. It is also like that in recent game as Deadpool, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. EA been eliminating manual and just have a sheet with warranty information.

You realize from my first statement I said I acknowledged the fact certain games didn't have a manual. I even said in my last statement that I knew last of us didn't have one before you mentioned it. The ones you just named I didn't know about.

The reason I said every game I own on PS3 has a manual is because I don't own any of the ones that don't.

Hence all my PS3 games have manuals.

I guess if you count 2 page black and white pieces of paper a manual.

Pretty sure it's still called a manual whether it has 2 pages in black and white text or 50 pages with pictures and a story synopsis.

It's still a manual no matter how you dice it. Depending on who is doing the dicing I suppose.

Not to mention, when does it stop being a manual, and start just being a health and safety pamphlet. That's what many of the 2-3 pagers boil down to. They'll usually have a diagram of the controller, then all of the trite, useless health and safety info. Why even waste the paper.

Pretty sure it's still called a manual whether it has 2 pages in black and white text or 50 pages with pictures and a story synopsis.

It's still a manual no matter how you dice it. Depending on who is doing the dicing I suppose.
It's not a manual because...

Not to mention, when does it stop being a manual, and start just being a health and safety pamphlet. That's what many of the 2-3 pagers boil down to. They'll usually have a diagram of the controller, then all of the trite, useless health and safety info. Why even waste the paper.
This. That's all those two page things usually are. Health and safety pamphlet. Not a manual.

If you really love those that much though, just go ahead and go copy those at Kinkos and put them in all the games without manuals you may buy in the future. They're all pretty much the same thing.

It would be what we call "inserts". Cause it is not really a pamphlet.
There was no "we" just you.

Dude, you can TOTALLY call the paper that the DLC codes are on the manual!
you're the one calling the inserts the manual.

All I did was call the insert a pamphlet.

I was joking, lol.

Its an insert. And going forward, its going to be how it is. Seems almost every game that has come out so far this year only has an insert and no manual. Only one that I own that doesnt was Ni No Kuni.

at some points games are not even going to have discs.  The whole thing is moot, get over it, and go buy more games already (with or without manuals)!

Yeah, I edited my post after I remembered it being on sell recently.

So maybe when Xilla 2 comes out you might see it before $4
It'll probably be on sale for $40 or $50 before the end of the year then I imagine they'll put it on sale for $20 right before the next one is released to try to drum up support.

Yeah, I edited my post after I remembered it being on sell recently.

So maybe when Xilla 2 comes out you might see it before $40.
Thank God for backlog. I'm almost "finished" (with my first playthrough) of Tales of Graces. I just "discovered" (read: found a price I'd be willing to pay for) Skyrim, and Skyrim has caused my wife to decide that she wants to occupy the PS3 for anywhere from 2 to 10 hours in a given day.

I shouldn't need to play Xillia until 2014 :) Good thing I pre-ordered the Symphonia double-pack for PS3 and I'll need to get the PS4 so I can play Watch Dogs... then there's the two Dark Cloud games I just picked up for PS2...

+realizing that I'll never be able to fully play all of the games I own :(

My CE copies came in beautiful condition from Amazon. I also swung by Best Buy earlier today to grab an LE which was also in perfect condition. Altogether, some very nice packaging.

My CE copies came in beautiful condition from Amazon. I also swung by Best Buy earlier today to grab an LE which was also in perfect condition. Altogether, some very nice packaging.
I did the same. I also have the German Metalpack on the way, which has a really unique look to it.

I couldn't find the CAG who was kind enough to provide me the link to buy a matching Jude figure, J experts: help please?

And kudos to the old school CAGs who quickly got used to the "no manual", "all digital" age, I'm still mad like an old man on a lawn chair, doesn't mean the lack of manuals will deter me from buying a good game, but I'm just disappointed. 

I hope Tales of Xillia 2 does something totally special and unique called "the United States Edition" where each individual state has a unique CE version. Not something small like a state logo on the box. Something really unique. Like 50 different unique box designs, statues, and steelbook designs for 50 different states. I also hope each CE is $200. Also, it's insanely limited, so if you don't pre-order you won't get it unless you are prepared to pay out the ass.

The ultimate test for the OCDers. Are you willing to pay 50 x $200 just to satisfy your urge? Decisions...decisions....

I hope Tales of Xillia 2 does something totally special and unique called "the United States Edition" where each individual state has a unique CE version. Not something small like a state logo on the box. Something really unique. Like 50 different unique box designs, statues, and steelbook designs for 50 different states. I also hope each CE is $200. Also, it's insanely limited, so if you don't pre-order you won't get it unless you are prepared to pay out the ass.

The ultimate test for the OCDers. Are you willing to pay 50 x $200 just to satisfy your urge? Decisions...decisions....
imagine it is exclusive to namco again,and through digital rivers distribution. LOL
another nightmare like the ni no kuni wizards edition.

OCDs have a spending limit too... 10k would be out of my range, 3k probably I will consider, if it goes up in value like my real estate investments :lol:

OCDs have a spending limit too... 10k would be out of my range, 3k probably I will consider, if it goes up in value like my real estate investments :lol:
Yeah, 10k for a fucking game? I wouldn't even spend that shit on Final Fantasy Tactics 2 unless it came with a mail-order bride that was into cosplaying as Agrias.

bread's done
Back