Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
While I really appreciate having a full manual, it is what it is. For all those obsessed with having it all, you do realize that you also need the ToX PS3? :)

Jude alter figure, too lazy to check if it is the lowest price but it's in stock.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-4988&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Djude+alter%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1
Milla's there, just click below on that page. 7000 yen which is about $70.

Figures rarely get re-release (more often now tho, but imo not likely for a character like her).  but imo it miss the window for re-release now so I truly don't believe waiting will do anything other than either give up on it or pay a much higher price for it.   $100+ shipping is not bad at all this late in the game.

Which is a shame. I don't really want to pay over $100 for her. I'll just have to be patient.
Being patient will get you nowhere with OoS figures. The only place you will find it is on eBay and some sellers on Amazon and they all hover around $120. As you guys pointed out, AmiAmi, CDJapan, etc are out of stock so finding it at MSRP of $75 is out of the question. I was late in the game with figures and I really wanted the Hitagi Senjougahara figure from Bakemonogatari and ended up dropping $200 on it.

I'm on the fence for the Milla figure since I haven't played the game and pretty much gauge my figure purchases on how much I like a character. I also wasn't that impressed with the figure in the CE so I ended up selling my copy. I only have 3 figures (Hitagi, Asuna, and Kuroyukihime) and I don't want to go crazy with figure purchases but the Milla one looks pretty nice.

Unrelated to Tales of Xillia, but how is AmiAmi? I pre-ordered a Bayonetta figure that comes out at the end of the month from them for a pretty good price compared to other places, but they couldn't tell me how much shipping would be. Are they pretty reasonable when it comes to shipping, and do they pack everything well?

AmiAmi ships base on weight (as well as most online international sites), so they won't know the final weight until they get the figure and prepare it for shipping. There's SAL (slow and cheap) and EMS (fast and a bit expensive). I would like to say EMS for the figure would be at least $20+

I never ordered from there, but I clicked the link and it said "Customers who browsed this item also browsed:" and every one was a figure of a female video game character based on pure sex appeal LOL. Got a kick out of that.

Make sure you clean the figure off when you're done with it ;)

you are talking about the bayo link? the other figures that show up is tame.

I don't like overtly sexual figures, my requirement is almost always clothed and with a weapon, like her, (one of my absolute favorite and took some effort to track down).

no nudity, more or less just like momohime (muramasa) figure which I also like.

http://www.tentaclearmada.com/2011/11/sasara-kusugawa-from-to-heart-2-dungeon-travelers-paladin-version/

about shipping from amiami, my guess is that bayo figure will cost over 3000 yen to ship ems.

Got my CE today and apparently there's no 3D support? Even though it was advertised as such?
Tales_of_Xillia_Cover.png

I've got big time buyer's remorse now.

So I would seriously pay extra $10 to get a full colored manual for Xillia like in the Japanese version. And not everyone uses manuals for tutorial based questions. I look in the Pokemon manual to see how to delete a save file, that's not something some ingame tutuorial is going to cover.

Also would be less upset if they made ingame manuals printable. Imagine them making a PS3/360 printer made specifically to link up with the PS3/360 and print out things like manuals and trophy/achievment checklists and stuff.

So I would seriously pay extra $10 to get a full colored manual for Xillia like in the Japanese version. And not everyone uses manuals for tutorial based questions. I look in the Pokemon manual to see how to delete a save file, that's not something some ingame tutuorial is going to cover.

Also would be less upset if they made ingame manuals printable. Imagine them making a PS3/360 printer made specifically to link up with the PS3/360 and print out things like manuals and trophy/achievment checklists and stuff.
Don't need one for the 360 as it easily navigates to the achievements, where as the ps3 forces a sync before it shows the list. That would be useful for the PS3 alone.

Not to mention, when does it stop being a manual, and start just being a health and safety pamphlet. That's what many of the 2-3 pagers boil down to. They'll usually have a diagram of the controller, then all of the trite, useless health and safety info. Why even waste the paper.
I wish they would waste the paper and they'd stay as inserts. I'm hating the health and safety printed on the reverse artwork cover. So ugly every time I open up the game. No artwork/blank white is ok, but putting that crap on the cover blows. I'm actually thinking of putting something, anything, in there to cover it up XD

Don't need one for the 360 as it easily navigates to the achievements, where as the ps3 forces a sync before it shows the list. That would be useful for the PS3 alone.
Work around I've found is just sign out and it won't try to sync. Also turn set it to offline mode and you can view it while in a game w/o sync.

I wish they would waste the paper and they'd stay as inserts. I'm hating the health and safety printed on the reverse artwork cover. So ugly every time I open up the game. No artwork/blank white is ok, but putting that crap on the cover blows. I'm actually thinking of putting something, anything, in there to cover it up XD
That's..umm...

Health and Safty printed on the back of any cover is unacceptable, hence why I'm probably going to hunt out the Japanese cover insert.

wow so no one cares that theres no manual but everyone cares about the ugly health warnings on the inside of the cover? Weird...

of course they both make me sick, but im much more pissed about no manual.

Health and Safty printed on the back of any cover is unacceptable, hence why I'm probably going to hunt out the Japanese cover insert.
LOL cheapass game companies dont want to waste money on manuals, NOW cant even be bothered to spend .01 cent for a leaflet insert.

Unbelievable....

I really like the compact look of the LE compared to the CE. Since the artbook is for the most part the only thing I want in the CE, I'm thinking of just taking it out and selling off everything else to recoup the cost. I want sets with lithographs and art/postcards I can frame ;_; 

If it makes anyone feel better, Tales of Xillia 2 includes a manual AND has cats on the back cover.  :baby:

The cats do have something to do with the game.

jbpgYJxfSm6AT2.jpg

I checked the DLC voucher and there's no date anywhere, but I don't think that means it won't expire. Just that your guess is as good as mine when it does.
Thank you for looking, added the CE to my collection and was wondering if had to open it to use the dlc if it expired.

Bandai Namco is the 5th richest game publisher worldwide, right after SEGA. There is really no excuse for lack of manual at all =_=

Bandai Namco is the 5th richest game publisher worldwide, right after SEGA. There is really no excuse for lack of manual at all =_=
You don't get to be successful by wasting profits on things that most people don't even read and that add extra shipping weight to the supply chain. While it's one more sad continuation of the slide to a digital future, I don't think I've read a game manual since the 1980s and I know quite a few other gamers that are the same way.

For those who missed out when it was in stock on Gamestop, theres plenty Collectors Edition with the statue on Ebay at the moment....ive seen sealed in box with 3.99 shipping to US for $61.99 Buy It Now. Just putting it out there.

Why do people insist that the only purpose the manual serve is to be read? By that logic, we don't even need game discs either and just download everything.

To make the game package feel whole, or to serve as a cover for games in jewel cases. I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this, but I would feel cheated out if I were to pay anything close to MSRP on a game without a manual.

Woo, managed to snag a copy of the CE at a GameStop near my work.

Thank you guy who wanted a replacement but didn't bother to pick it up after a week it came in!

To make the game package feel whole, or to serve as a cover for games in jewel cases. I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this, but I would feel cheated out if I were to pay anything close to MSRP on a game without a manual.
I think it's just something that will take a bit used to. It's something OCDers have an issue with more than others, I think. But then again, there will always be something people will have an issue with whenever there is change. If something as subtle as the spindle that holds the game disc in place was a different color from the entire case, then some people would have an issue with that. You can't please everyone.

I think "cheated" is a tad strong of a word. I think that would be better served if the game had some type of major defect on the game disc or cover art. A lot of manuals now are little two page inserts. I keep them to keep it complete, but they really are so pathetically flimsy.

I miss well-designed manuals that add to the backstory of a game, like GTA's and Resistance. Other than that they're just things to keep things complete. I can name you the one 360 game I have that I'm missing the manual. Meanwhile I can't remember a 360 manual I've read.

I miss them in Vita and 3DS games but mainly because it's a reminder of things changing. I'm 38 but two steps from The rocking chair complaining about "in my day ... "

I like the manuals cause you can look at them while you're playing, to learn the controls and such. Harder to do if the manual is in the game itself. And yeah, I know games have tutorials but some don't explain everything.

For those who missed out when it was in stock on Gamestop, theres plenty Collectors Edition with the statue on Ebay at the moment....ive seen sealed in box with 3.99 shipping to US for $61.99 Buy It Now. Just putting it out there.
Can't find any sealed at that price, otherwise I would just return my extra and get it cheaper there.

Also, sometimes I don't go back to playing a game until months later and hop between various games. I don't remember the controls for all the games so a manual is very handy to look up something.

bread's done
Back