Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sinned47']all of you are scaring me. i preordered in-store. should i preorder online too just to be double sure?!![/QUOTE]

If you pre-ordered in store, you'll be fine.

[quote name='sinned47']all of you are scaring me. i preordered in-store. should i preorder online too just to be double sure?!![/QUOTE]

No if you're in store you're fine, I just added to my preorder with some trades tonight.

It means GS is almost out of their allotment; as others have said in-store orders are cut off a few days to a week at most before online orders are cut.

[quote name='Auburn']If you pre-ordered in store, you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

If you pre-ordered in store already, you're guaranteed to get one.

If you are havent pre-ordered it yet, you can only do so online now.

I'm an employee, and I forgot to pre-order it in store. Had to resort to pre-ordering it online for now.

[quote name='sasukekun']If you pre-ordered in store already, you're guaranteed to get one.

If you are havent pre-ordered it yet, you can only do so online now.

I'm an employee, and I forgot to pre-order it in store. Had to resort to pre-ordering it online for now.[/QUOTE]

I had to do the same. :/ You did remember to use your employee discount coupon, right?

[quote name='Auburn']I had to do the same. :/ You did remember to use your employee discount coupon, right?[/QUOTE]

Yah, but it didnt work for some reason. I'll just have to return/rebuy it when I get it.

[quote name='sasukekun']Yah, but it didnt work for some reason. I'll just have to return/rebuy it when I get it.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. It worked fine for me when I ordered today. However, when I tried to use it last week it didn't want to come off with free shipping.

[quote name='Auburn']That's strange. It worked fine for me when I ordered today. However, when I tried to use it last week it didn't want to come off with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too worried about it. Just happy I was able to get one. lol.

It's only been a little more than a week. Sometimes amazon is slow to put up stuff, sometimes they're on top of it... Or they aren't getting it. But it said "participating retailerS" plural.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']It's only been a little more than a week. Sometimes amazon is slow to put up stuff, sometimes they're on top of it... Or they aren't getting it. But it said "participating retailerS" plural.[/QUOTE]

Expecting this to be on NewEgg at some point as well. Maybe BB will carry it?

Was searching around and found this bundle on play Asia:

http://m.play-asia.com/Tales_of_Xil...ion_Limited_Bundle/paOS-13-49-en-70-51vt.html

Edit: just realized it was for tales of xillia 2, however.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Expecting this to be on NewEgg at some point as well. Maybe BB will carry it?

Was searching around and found this bundle on play Asia:

http://m.play-asia.com/Tales_of_Xil...ion_Limited_Bundle/paOS-13-49-en-70-51vt.html

Edit: just realized it was for tales of xillia 2, however.[/QUOTE]
I've never played any game from the Tales series, not a huge fan for these kinds of games. But that controller is pretty sleek looking.

[quote name='eXiON']I've never played any game from the Tales series, not a huge fan for these kinds of games. But that controller is pretty sleek looking.[/QUOTE]

I actually bit the bullet and bought Tales of Vesperia from GS for the slimy $40 they wanted for it. (Actually I made it a great haul and found Magna Carta 2 for 29.99) I had a renewal coupon for B2g1 so I picked up DMC HD collection as well. The rewards website wasn't working at the time so I couldn't use it then, but tomorrow I am doing a return / rebuy to get the $30 back that I spent out of pocket to get the games.

Aaaanyway, back to my point, I am surprisingly enjoying Tales of Vesperia a lot! I may enjoy it so much that I need to blow off the dust from my PS3 and pick up the other games.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I actually bit the bullet and bought Tales of Vesperia from GS for the slimy $40 they wanted for it. (Actually I made it a great haul and found Magna Carta 2 for 29.99) I had a renewal coupon for B2g1 so I picked up DMC HD collection as well. The rewards website wasn't working at the time so I couldn't use it then, but tomorrow I am doing a return / rebuy to get the $30 back that I spent out of pocket to get the games.

Aaaanyway, back to my point, I am surprisingly enjoying Tales of Vesperia a lot! I may enjoy it so much that I need to blow off the dust from my PS3 and pick up the other games.[/QUOTE]Not to condemn your purchase, but Newegg tends to have Tales of Vesperia on sale for $15.99 new now and again. I'm not sure how long it's been since the last sale, but I remember it occurring quite frequently.

[quote name='Vigilante']Not to condemn your purchase, but Newegg tends to have Tales of Vesperia on sale for $15.99 new now and again. I'm not sure how long it's been since the last sale, but I remember it occurring quite frequently.[/QUOTE]

The game has been discontinued on NewEgg for quite some time and I dislike buying from amazon if I don't have to. (Just not a fan of their service of late).

[quote name='IRHari']How does this thread have 400+ replies and 35000+ views?[/QUOTE]

I hit it quite a few times a day waiting to see if Amazon starts to sell this.

it sucks ass that it was only for a week. was their even a warning? I do hope eventually that other retailers will have it. Till then I will have to settle for preordering it online.

[quote name='mowmow']it sucks ass that it was only for a week. was their even a warning? I do hope eventually that other retailers will have it. Till then I will have to settle for preordering it online.[/QUOTE]

a cag posted the day that the pre-orders went live that the manager at his local GS told him they would be cut off in a week.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']a cag posted the day that the pre-orders went live that the manager at his local GS told him they would be cut off in a week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was me. My store is actually a good one and wouldnt lie to me for no reason.

[quote name='Auburn']That's strange. It worked fine for me when I ordered today. However, when I tried to use it last week it didn't want to come off with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Wait - how the bloody heck *do* I use my employee discount when placing an order using the website?

[quote name='IRHari']How does this thread have 400+ replies and 35000+ views?[/QUOTE]

Hoping to find a better deal or a better retailer.

I find it kinda interesting that once I buy this in August, 2 of the 4 most valuable video games I own will be Tales CE's (Vesperia CE along with Skyrim CE & Earthbound SNES.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']I find it kinda interesting that once I buy this in August, 2 of the 4 most valuable video games I own will be Tales CE's (Vesperia CE along with Skyrim CE & Earthbound SNES.)[/QUOTE]
We don't know if it will become extremely valuable yet. Unless you are just talking about MSRP.

I pre-ordered mine on the 19th online @gs.com-went to go change my shipping option and it was not showing up on my account,called and they said they didn't know what happened, so I had to replace the order today. It really sucks because I hope I get mine now....I do remember when I worked at gamestop awhile back people pre-ordered zelda DS systems and there where not enough to give to per-orders:whistle2:#

[quote name='DiasFlac']I pre-ordered mine on the 19th online @gs.com-went to go change my shipping option and it was not showing up on my account,called and they said they didn't know what happened, so I had to replace the order today. It really sucks because I hope I get mine now....I do remember when I worked at gamestop awhile back people pre-ordered zelda DS systems and there where not enough to give to per-orders:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Like shipping speed? Or address? Hoping I don't have to cancel mine to change the address

[quote name='TooPoor']We don't know if it will become extremely valuable yet. Unless you are just talking about MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I think it's safe to say it selling out in 1 week in North America will keep it at a minimum value of its original MSRP.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Wait - how the bloody heck *do* I use my employee discount when placing an order using the website?[/QUOTE]

Log in to gamestop.com/employee. It'll ask for your PUR email, employee number, and last name. A randomly generated employee discount code will then appear. The good thing is that the employee discount stacks with a lot of GS.com codes, like CAG16, and gives free shipping on all orders.

I got lucky with this CE. Since I work for best buy I usually just buy everything there, but since we don't carry Pandora's Tower I headed to GS to grab a copy. First time there in almost a year. While I was there I remembered this CE being up for order, and with BBY not having as much of a focus on gaming now, I highly doubt we are getting it, so I put down the 25 dollars. So thank you Pandora's Tower for coming out this week!

[quote name='MSUHitman']I think it's safe to say it selling out in 1 week in North America will keep it at a minimum value of its original MSRP.[/QUOTE]

It didn't sell out, Gamestop just stopped taking in store pre orders.

[quote name='invizibleskratchpikl']Log in to gamestop.com/employee. It'll ask for your PUR email, employee number, and last name. A randomly generated employee discount code will then appear. The good thing is that the employee discount stacks with a lot of GS.com codes, like CAG16, and gives free shipping on all orders.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I've been wondering if we could do this for ages, and none of my coworkers or even our manager knew how.

[quote name='209chromatic']It didn't sell out, Gamestop just stopped taking in store pre orders.[/QUOTE]

Which means GS has reached its max amount of in-store orders it can take. There's a few hundred more available on the web and then that's it. By this time next week, it will be sold out both in-store and online.

[quote name='ohscaryone']I hit it quite a few times a day waiting to see if Amazon starts to sell this.[/QUOTE]

Lol, yep. I'm definitely canceling my preorder from GameStop as soon as Amazon lists it for preorder.

[quote name='Deader2818']The people that keep saying that are going to cancel at gamestop when Amazon list it, is it just because you all have amazon credit?[/QUOTE]

I just personally prefer Amazon because its much easier to deal with any potential problems. Namely the fact I could easily change my address on there, as opposed to having to deal with GS Customer Service

[quote name='Deader2818']The people that keep saying that are going to cancel at gamestop when Amazon list it, is it just because you all have amazon credit?[/QUOTE]

Also with Amz Prime release date shipping is 99c and free 2 day so that's a plus.

Also tax, for some states. I would definitely hope for Amazon if this was half an year ago, it's almost $10 in price difference.

I never understood the "I must have it on release day" mentality though.

I preordered the CE at a local GS because I trust that it'll arrive in better condition than however Amazon would package it. :roll:

[quote name='TooPoor']Also tax, for some states. I would definitely hope for Amazon if this was half an year ago, it's almost $10 in price difference.

I never understood the "I must have it on release day" mentality though.[/QUOTE]Dude, I absolutely LOVE your user "title". /propositionallogicgeek :drool:

[quote name='NewYorkelite']Just ordered one online. When is the latest date to cancel pre orders online at GS?[/QUOTE]

I'd say the week before it comes out. They charge you when it ships, so if you cancel it before it ships, then you're good. xD It comes out August 4th or 6th, so cancel it by August 1st then, lol.

[quote name='Vigilante']I preordered the CE at a local GS because I trust that it'll arrive in better condition than however Amazon would package it. :roll:

Dude, I absolutely LOVE your user "title". /propositionallogicgeek :drool:[/QUOTE]
Haha, thanks!

[quote name='NewYorkelite']Just ordered one online. When is the latest date to cancel pre orders online at GS?[/QUOTE]

In a worst case scenario, you'll have to just return it to the store after the game arrives. You'll get a full refund back to your credit card and you shouldn't have paid for shipping if you used the SAVER coupon code.

[quote name='Auburn']In a worst case scenario, you'll have to just return it to the store after the game arrives. You'll get a full refund back to your credit card and you shouldn't have paid for shipping if you used the SAVER coupon code.[/QUOTE]

After putting in the SAVER code, it had the red X symbol, showing it as not being applied -- said the code expired.

[quote name='TooPoor'].[/QUOTE]

Exactly what do I have to do? Keep checking out back and forth until it lets me choose free shipping?

Ah, shit. I should have known this fucker would be a pain in the ass to get. I didn't keep up with this thread at all.

Is this for sure going to be available on Amazon.com? 'Cause I'd prefer to order it from them over Gamestop. I don't want to be charged right now.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Ah, shit. I should have known this fucker would be a pain in the ass to get. I didn't keep up with this thread at all.

Is this for sure going to be available on Amazon.com? 'Cause I'd prefer to order it from them over Gamestop. I don't want to be charged right now.[/QUOTE]

Other than Gamestop no other retailers have been announced.

bread's done
Back