Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I've never experienced problems with DD. Worst thing that's happened is some deliveries took pretty long, they used to always be my go-to DVD store.

Last thing I got there was NCAA Football 13 for $35 when the game just came out last year. Normally their prices are too high, but they can have a good deal once and a while.

Lol, gotta love the super emotional fanboy meltdown.
Right, firstly, it wasn't a meltdown. I have the CE locked in, and if I should choose, I will get the LE one as well. What I think is abhorrent are the people who scoop up multiple versions and resell them....no meltdown, just a rather well informed opinion shared by many.

You can pre-order it again at Best Buy. Just got mine, dunno how long it will last. (5:00 am Central time June 29)

Go and get it guys!

It has? my bad then, was under the impression this was sold out everywhere
I think so... it went up much later than it did in other places and everyone hates Digital River so I'm guessing people are avoiding using Namco's store until they have no other options. :lol:

I think so... it went up much later than it did in other places and everyone hates Digital River so I'm guessing people are avoiding using Namco's store until they have no other options. :lol:
Most people probably don't think it's worth buying something that's $100 and will come to you crushed.

I was going to offer up my extra Amazon order but it seems that they've become available elsewhere. Perhaps I'll just cancel it; there's no reason to have 2. :)

I watched some Xillia game play and I cancelled my CE pre-order in the end. The game feels too old, nothing to excited about. The Dragon Crown which is to be released on the same day looks much better. Pikmin 3 looks the most interesting to me. I know I won't have time to play ToX at launch so perhaps I shall buy it later when the price drops. Even Ni No Kuni dropped to $20 in half a year. $20 vs $100 is quite a lot of save. 

Meanwhile I used that money to buy a Chromecast. Wow that thing is amazing at this price point. I can finally make use of my TV  besides gaming now. It's so much more convenient than any other solutions.

I watched some Xillia game play and I cancelled my CE pre-order in the end. The game feels too old, nothing to excited about. The Dragon Crown which is to be released on the same day looks much better. Pikmin 3 looks the most interesting to me. I know I won't have time to play ToX at launch so perhaps I shall buy it later when the price drops. Even Ni No Kuni dropped to $20 in half a year. $20 vs $100 is quite a lot of save.

Meanwhile I used that money to buy a Chromecast. Wow that thing is amazing at this price point. I can finally make use of my TV besides gaming now. It's so much more convenient than any other solutions.
Yeah, that's what I did, too. The Tales games just haven't evolved anymore. I find it inherently problematic that the JRPG genre is now reviewed in its own category. What I mean is there seem to be certain attributes (endless grinding, weirdly underdressed young girls, over-dramatic dialog, long non-interactive cutscenes, crazy dressed characters, etc.) that are tolerated because they are allegedly what define said genre. These attributes or characteristics are not positive things -- in fact, it's almost as if JRPGs are just falling behind because they hang onto things that we would deem in any other game to be poor or lazy game design.

Tales can be good, but even good is relative to other JRPG games, and not against RPGs overall; games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect make Tales games look and play like elementary toys.

I've found NNK okay because the whole game's aesthetic plays to the more child-oriented storyline. I've been extremely disappointed with games like Last Remnant, Star Ocean: TLH, and Ar Tonelico III (though after AT2, I should have known better on that one). I really hope this genre catches up with the others -- I'm all for maintaining tradition but when that tradition gets in the way of evolution, it's time to rethink what is sacred ground -- if not, JRPGs are headed the way of the niche platformers and Broken Sword adventure games. That's not a financially sound future.

Wasn't this game well received in Japan (asking the J experts)?
Tales of Xillia is the Most pre-ordered Tales Game Ever

Tales of Xillia Tops 500,000 Sales First Week

Famitsu Review of 39/40, dated 8/31/2011:

Tales of Xillia (10/9/10/10, 39 points): Undoubtedly this is the big console release in Japan right now -- a game that's already racked up more preorders over there than any previous game in the Tales series. As expected, Famitsu had nothing but good things to say about it. "A lot of attention's been paid to how different this game looks from the rest of the series," one reviewer said, "but actually try it out, and you'll find the real surprise lies in how easy it is to get into and play. The tempo of battle, in particular, is excellent."

Amazon.jp User Rankings:

5 Stars - 137

4 Stars - 91

3 Stars - 154

2 Stars - 115

1 Stars - 56

Critics seem to sing praises of it, but the populace seems a little more diverse. Interpret it as you wish.

I posted my early unboxing in a different thread, but I'll post it here just in case. I received my Collector's Edition from Club Namco on Friday :cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnN_RW_jzxA[/youtube]

Is anyone else thinking about cancelling their collector's edition? I can't decide... I know the statue's just going to sit on my shelf until I forget about it.

I was going to offer up my extra Amazon order but it seems that they've become available elsewhere. Perhaps I'll just cancel it; there's no reason to have 2. :)
i'll take your collectors editions.. i need another one

Went to pick up Pikmin 3 today and the GS associate almost gave me my Collector's Edition today, but then realized it wasn't supposed to release until Tuesday. I had told him though it didn't come out until Tuesday. He did bring it out so I could check out the box. Looking forward to getting my hands on it Tuesday.

It's not wise to put much stock in Amazon reviews. I find that many of the positive ones are fanboy ramblings and many of the negative ones are just fools bitching about things they didn't understand or shipping speeds or some other nonsense lol.

Does anyone know when gamestop charges for the online orders? I had a pending charge in my bank account and now it is no longer there and Im not sure why.

Yeah, that's what I did, too. The Tales games just haven't evolved anymore. I find it inherently problematic that the JRPG genre is now reviewed in its own category. What I mean is there seem to be certain attributes (endless grinding, weirdly underdressed young girls, over-dramatic dialog, long non-interactive cutscenes, crazy dressed characters, etc.) that are tolerated because they are allegedly what define said genre. These attributes or characteristics are not positive things -- in fact, it's almost as if JRPGs are just falling behind because they hang onto things that we would deem in any other game to be poor or lazy game design.

Tales can be good, but even good is relative to other JRPG games, and not against RPGs overall; games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect make Tales games look and play like elementary toys.

I've found NNK okay because the whole game's aesthetic plays to the more child-oriented storyline. I've been extremely disappointed with games like Last Remnant, Star Ocean: TLH, and Ar Tonelico III (though after AT2, I should have known better on that one). I really hope this genre catches up with the others -- I'm all for maintaining tradition but when that tradition gets in the way of evolution, it's time to rethink what is sacred ground -- if not, JRPGs are headed the way of the niche platformers and Broken Sword adventure games. That's not a financially sound future.
No offense or anything, but given your views on JRPGs, why would you even preorder this game in the first place?

Also, just saying, the games you mentioned are some of the worst (or at least most poorly received) of the generation. You might not want to write off the whole genre based on The Last Remnant and Ar Tonelico 3.

You also seem to prefer what WRPGs offer over JRPGs. I couldn't be less interested in Mass Effect and Dragon Age if I literally tried to be. And yet, I can't wait to start playing Xillia. I feel that you might be mistaking your own personal, subjective 'taste' for an overall problem with the JRPG genre. Change and evolution and what not is cool; that's all fine. But Mass Effect and Dragon Age, for instance, are not a JRPG experience. That doesn't appeal to me--as a fan of JRPGs. So if evolution and change means becoming a different genre and losing the original appeal, then that is certainly not a good thing.

It's great if you prefer WRPGs now; that's totally cool. That doesn't mean that the rest of us need to trade in our Tales and Shin Megamis for Bioware's latest offering, though. I feel based on the views that you shared, that the genre just simply isn't for you, and you simply want it to change into another style of game that is. You can just kindly go play those other games, and then everybody is happy. ;)

I'm looking forward to Xillia because they've found a formula that works. They know how to craft a fantastic JRPG experience, and they know how to tell a story rather than let the player treat it like a choose your own adventure book. If I want some experimentation I can play something like FFXIII. (because that turned out so well...) The gaming industry is big enough to support both approaches, really. The series that have really found their mark need to keep it and make careful, selective iterations, which is what Tales games do. The series that haven't (or could make it better) should keep experimenting with the formula. That window is also always open for new IP to explore different design directions. If you think conversation trees or player selected romance options (don't bring up Symphonia. I mean ME style) would greatly benefit something like Xillia, then once again, the genre/series just isn't for you anymore.

Yep! I much prefer JRPG's over the Dragon Age / Mass Effect / etc.  The only part of JRPG's I don't like are the sometimes risque girls as mentioned. Tales is top notch, especially for a fun co-op game :D

Damn... just got this e-mail from newegg:

We are contacting you today regarding your recent pre-order for the Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition video game. We regret to inform you that this product has arrived at our warehouse in damaged condition. Newegg is dedicated to ensuring you receive the best quality products available, and we have determined that this product’s condition is not suitable for shipment.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Your pre-order will be voided and you will receive a notification void email within the next 2 business days. No charge has been made for this pre-order, so you will not see any funds withdrawn from your selected form of payment. There is no further action necessary by you.

As a courtesy for the trouble this may have caused, we would like to offer you 10% off of the following edition of Tales of Xillia:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879253101

If this version interests you, please place your pre-order online using promotion code TaleXillia10. The promotion code expires on Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 11:59PM Pacific Time. This promotion code is designated for orders placed by the Newegg account associated with the email address at which you are receiving this email; it may not be used with any other account or for any other item. Additionally, this promotion code may only be used once and for a quantity of (1) one.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology. If you have any further questions regarding the information provided in this email, please do not hesitate to contact Newegg Customer Service through one of our convenient contact options provided here.

Sincerely,
Newegg.com

I'm going to guess that is a cop out excuse for "we over sold this game"?

bread's done
Back