Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That REALLY stinks about Newegg :(

Gamestop still has CE's in stock, and Amazon probably will have some in a week or two from cancelled orders.

You should be able to at least get the LE version but :\ Never had issues with that like Newegg

My Newegg order got canned too, but I'm not so sure about Gamestop still having any. Whenever I try to checkout it deletes it from my cart and I get this lovely bit of text. "One or more items have been deleted or modified based on the availability."

Damn... just got this e-mail from newegg:

I'm going to guess that is a cop out excuse for "we over sold this game"?
mine got canceled too.. they definitely oversold. That's such a BS excuse that it was "damaged". Just suck it up and admit you oversold it. Or did they even get it at all? Did anyone's order not get canceled?

combine this with amazon changing orders of 3 to 1 this will be rare. I don't think it will be easy to find on amazon, you should get this from gamestop now if you want it.

I'm not surprised by newegg not having a rare item in stock, they've done this many times.

mine got canceled too.. they definitely oversold. That's such a BS excuse that it was "damaged". Just suck it up and admit you oversold it. Or did they even get it at all? Did anyone's order not get canceled?

combine this with amazon changing orders of 3 to 1 this will be rare. I don't think it will be easy to find on amazon, you should get this from gamestop now if you want it.

I'm not surprised by newegg not having a rare item in stock, they've done this many times.
I too am curious to know if anyone got one actually shipped out.

Wow some luck, I was about to cancel my gamestop pre-order for the newegg one, but the gamestop one was already in the process of charging. Now I am kind of glad, that really sucks about the newegg thing.

First my Animal Crossing 3DS XL Bundle gets canceled, now Tales of Xillia CE. I am making a mental note to not use Newegg for video game pre-orders.

still not sure about the value of this thing, but I guess it's close enough to $99 on top of actually looking to be limited. Only way I'll be miffed is if we see the thing actually sold new at like $60 within the next 1-2 months.

Well, if any of you get screwed on your orders and everywhere is sold out, and can't get one for a CAG, then ebay early in the going isn't a bad place to go. There are always a handful of dopes listing items like this at retail price or slightly above. But if you wait and decide you want it when the volume dies down, the prices will jump closet to $200 on there I'd imagine.

Well, if any of you get screwed on your orders and everywhere is sold out, and can't get one for a CAG, then ebay early in the going isn't a bad place to go. There are always a handful of dopes listing items like this at retail price or slightly above. But if you wait and decide you want it when the volume dies down, the prices will jump closet to $200 on there I'd imagine.
Yeah I've been keeping an eye on eBay and I've seen a few close at or right around $100 with free shipping over the past few weeks and when you factor in eBay bucks that is almost cheaper the buying retail.

However if some of the resellers were banking on copies from Newegg to fulfill their orders then you might see prices jump quite a bit

Lost trust in Newegg after the PxZ fiasco.

Either way, regretting cancelling my second order. But whatever, hopefully one of yall nabs it. Just glad my Amazon one finally shipped

Lost trust in Newegg after the PxZ fiasco.

Either way, regretting cancelling my second order. But whatever, hopefully one of yall nabs it. Just glad my Amazon one finally shipped
you better hope amazon does not screw up with their shipping boxes, or you might get a dinger. lol

Such a breath of fresh air to hear someone say that after seeing so many people return an item multiple times because of a little barely visible nick on a box.
I would never be critical of someone wanting something to be in nice condition that they are paying $100+ to own. If a vendor or manufacturer feels like they can't deliver something safely, they have no business manufacturing or selling something specifically targeted to the collector's market.

An item doesn't have to be absolutely flawless to be in nice condition. Whenever you ship an item, there is a chance it is going to have a little wear and tear on it. I mean, it isn't being delivered via presidential motorcade. I get that people want their items nice, and if it is really messed up, then fine. But some of the stuff I see is IMO disrespectful to the distributor. I always try to look at things from both sides of the fence, and I know Amazon/Gamestop/Best Buy/etc are all mega corporations. But still. I know if I worked for them and got something returned because it had a hairline scratch on a corner of a massive box, I would be like "What the hell. Really?" JMO.

I get what you're saying Shadow. Add the fact that LE/CE boxes are made out of cheap cardboard and it's traveling thousands of miles, the item being in perfect condition when it gets to you is a low chance. Even gamestop or other physical stores get items busted up because they can't help we just have to hope for the best that the people handling our items are careful with them.

Anyways has anyones gamestop order shipped yet? 

especially, how some of the videos of how ups/ fedex workers handle your package.

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_jkUVgrc0

they are becoming almost as bad as digital rivers
I also preordered the regular edition of tales of xillia for $52.99 using the $7 discount code they had awhile back with saints row 4 in the same order. Instead they charged me $59.99 for tales today and "hopefully" they will use the $7 discount towards saints row when it is released in the future... but if something goes wrong with saints row then i'm screwed out of my $7

when I chatted with them they told me the $7 discount was towards saints row and they said I never purchased them together, even though I have the preorder confirmation email that says I did. They have the worst preorder system ever.

Weird to see some people's amazon orders haven't shipped. I reordered mine Friday to take advantage of the Amazon Visa 20% off and got a shipment notice Saturday night. Was hoping it would come early, even though they never do.

Everyone keeps referring to the "Project X Zone" fiasco...is it because you got the normal edition instead of the Limited Edition?

I guess I missed it - confirm/deny?

Everyone keeps referring to the "Project X Zone" fiasco...is it because you got the normal edition instead of the Limited Edition?

Newegg sent out ordinary editions instead of the LEs people thought they were getting.

People flipped.

You also seem to prefer what WRPGs offer over JRPGs. I couldn't be less interested in Mass Effect and Dragon Age if I literally tried to be. And yet, I can't wait to start playing Xillia. I feel that you might be mistaking your own personal, subjective 'taste' for an overall problem with the JRPG genre. Change and evolution and what not is cool; that's all fine. But Mass Effect and Dragon Age, for instance, are not a JRPG experience. That doesn't appeal to me--as a fan of JRPGs. So if evolution and change means becoming a different genre and losing the original appeal, then that is certainly not a good thing.

It's great if you prefer WRPGs now; that's totally cool. That doesn't mean that the rest of us need to trade in our Tales and Shin Megamis for Bioware's latest offering, though. I feel based on the views that you shared, that the genre just simply isn't for you, and you simply want it to change into another style of game that is. You can just kindly go play those other games, and then everybody is happy. ;)

I'm looking forward to Xillia because they've found a formula that works. They know how to craft a fantastic JRPG experience, and they know how to tell a story rather than let the player treat it like a choose your own adventure book. If I want some experimentation I can play something like FFXIII. (because that turned out so well...) The gaming industry is big enough to support both approaches, really. The series that have really found their mark need to keep it and make careful, selective iterations, which is what Tales games do. The series that haven't (or could make it better) should keep experimenting with the formula. That window is also always open for new IP to explore different design directions. If you think conversation trees or player selected romance options (don't bring up Symphonia. I mean ME style) would greatly benefit something like Xillia, then once again, the genre/series just isn't for you anymore.
Well put.

I like Skyrim, but I don't want JRPG in it. Just like I don't want WRPG in my JRPG. I'm happy there are separate genres/styles. Also, if you think WRPG have "evolved" more, you never played PC games of old. If anything, some of them have DE-evolved into shooters/hack&slash.

yes. though to be "fair", it's more Namco Bandai's fault. Amazon and Gamestop got the LE which makes sense. Best Buy, Walmart, and Target also got the LE which is mainly why I'm wondering why Newegg didn't get it.

The Tales CE is still up for order on Gamestop, so anyone that had their Newegg orders cancelled can still get in on it for MSRP.

Well put.

I like Skyrim, but I don't want JRPG in it. Just like I don't want WRPG in my JRPG. I'm happy there are separate genres/styles. Also, if you think WRPG have "evolved" more, you never played PC games of old. If anything, some of them have DE-evolved into shooters/hack&slash.
I like both (sub)genre's. To say that JRPG's shouldn't really evolve isn't good IMHO. I have no problem with the battles the way JRPG's do them but forced grinding and excessive numbers of random encounters has to go.

I pre ordered with Newegg, then decided to pre order with GameStop too since I had credit w them. I was planning on canceling with Newegg but haven't had a chance. Today I see an email from Newegg that they received the game but the package was "damage" and to compensate for that, they gave me a code for 10% off the regular copy of the game. That sucks! So I'm glad I was able to pre order with GameStop; which sent me a shipment email already today with the tracking number.

I like both (sub)genre's. To say that JRPG's shouldn't really evolve isn't good IMHO. I have no problem with the battles the way JRPG's do them but forced grinding and excessive numbers of random encounters has to go.
See, it's not fair to say they haven't evolved there, though. There are many, many games that no longer require grinding. There are also many games that opt for no more random encounters, instead allowing you to see the monsters on the field and choose to attack them or not. There are also many games that implement multiple difficulties to help tailor the experience for what you want. As long as there are multiple experiences within the same genre, everyone can have some of what they want. You don't like random battles and don't want to grind at all? Play a Tales game on Easy. You want a challenging JRPG with random encounters and necessary grinding? Grab DQ VII when the re-release comes out or go pickup SMT IV.

I just think it's a case of people not wanting one experience and then expecting the whole genre to bend to their will. If the more hardcore side of JRPGs doesn't appeal to you, there are plenty of games that are either made for you, or give you the ability to tailor them to that preference. That doesn't mean, though, that the more hardcore games (or options within games) need to go away.

(In case I wasn't clear, this is all referencing JRPGs. I was vague with saying 'games' but I just didn't want to type JRPG over and over again haha.)

After searching around, Namco Bandai's website still has the CE available for pre-order. Shipping and tax WILL be applied however. But it's still better and cheaper than paying for inflated prices on Amazon and eBay.
Gamestop still has it. Are people not even looking there? lol

Weird to see some people's amazon orders haven't shipped. I reordered mine Friday to take advantage of the Amazon Visa 20% off and got a shipment notice Saturday night. Was hoping it would come early, even though they never do.
Mine just went to shipped status this afternoon. ETA is tomorrow.

See, it's not fair to say they haven't evolved there, though. There are many, many games that no longer require grinding. There are also many games that opt for no more random encounters, instead allowing you to see the monsters on the field and choose to attack them or not. There are also many games that implement multiple difficulties to help tailor the experience for what you want. As long as there are multiple experiences within the same genre, everyone can have some of what they want. You don't like random battles and don't want to grind at all? Play a Tales game on Easy. You want a challenging JRPG with random encounters and necessary grinding? Grab DQ VII when the re-release comes out or go pickup SMT IV.

I just think it's a case of people not wanting one experience and then expecting the whole genre to bend to their will. If the more hardcore side of JRPGs doesn't appeal to you, there are plenty of games that are either made for you, or give you the ability to tailor them to that preference. That doesn't mean, though, that the more hardcore games (or options within games) need to go away.
that is the main reason why jrpg does not sell well in north america, because many gamers in north america dislike the way jrpg is presented.

I hear you can get 10% off at Newegg.
Unfortunately, 10% off code is only for those who pre-ordered the CE and then had it cancelled. I would totally give mine away too. I'm definitely not going to use it. Hell, here try it and see what happens: TaleXillia10

Mine shipped and will be here on Friday. I'll have my LE copy that I go pickup tomorrow to keep me company until then, though. lol ;)

bread's done
Back