Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Not sure if the employees are going to grab all of these now that they know they're a penny, but the Best Buy on Hillsborough has the following penny guides left:

Fossil Fighters
Gears of War 2
Ghostbusters
Indiana Jones
Little Big Planet
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Spore Galactic Adventures
Wolfenstein

Most have 2+ copies left. The store gave me BS about limit 1 per game title. I just said "okay" since im going to Orlando from Tues-Thurs so i plan on hitting just about every Best Buy on the way and the 4 in Orlando.

The BB in Brandon had most of these new drops, but I could not find any Fallout 3 CE or Infamous. Since I don't have a PS3 yet, Infamous isn't all that big of a deal for me, but if you happen to find an extra Fallout CE Bezerker, I'd meet up and give you some $$ for your troubles. Just let me know.

At Citrus Park BB, there were only a couple of guides that had more than 1 copy of (which I would have picked up).

When I left there this afternoon, they still had:
MK vs DC
Street Fighter IV
EA Active
Indiana Jones
Gears of War 2 (tons of them).
Fallout 3 (softcover, not GOTY)

[quote name='darthmalice777']The BB in Brandon had most of these new drops, but I could not find any Fallout 3 CE or Infamous. Since I don't have a PS3 yet, Infamous isn't all that big of a deal for me, but if you happen to find an extra Fallout CE Bezerker, I'd meet up and give you some $$ for your troubles. Just let me know.[/QUOTE]

No luck so far, though the two stores ive been to have had a combined 300+ Fallout 3 regular editions (i could only imagine trying to carry all of those, let alone get through the checkout process)

I'm getting ready to hit up one more store for the night, i'll let you know if I have any luck.

Not sure if any other Play N Trade in the Tampa Bay area are doing this but the one Clark rd in Sarasota is having buy one get one free on used games on Halloween. You have to be wearing a costume though. The advertisement didn't have any price restrictions.

http://www.playntrade.com/Sarasota

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brennok']The Blockbuster in Tampa Palms is also closing.[/QUOTE]

Heard from someone I work with that they're only at 10% off right now...haven't had a chance to go by there. Maybe tomorrow.

Went to Tampa Palms Blockbuster last night... still 10% off used games , very picked over though. 30% off accessories.... pretty much all movies were 8.99 or less. I did pick up a nice framed Dark Knight picture for only 8.99....it was marked 14.99, so might want to double check on prices because they may ring up differently.

If Tampa Palms is getting Bruce B Downs shipments of used games, they should be tons of $9.99 and under games still marked $30+, so they'll probably be sitting there for a few more drops.

[quote name='Bezerker']If Tampa Palms is getting Bruce B Downs shipments of used games, they should be tons of $9.99 and under games still marked $30+, so they'll probably be sitting there for a few more drops.[/QUOTE]

Nice to know. I'll probably head over a couple times throughout the week since I do my grocery shopping right next door.

So is anyone planning on trying to score a 360 at Walmart? I keep debating just for another Extender, plus I am starting to have issues with my 360 playing DVD movies.

Hi fellow CAGs in the Tampa Bay area, I was wondering if anybody here has an Xbox 360 Memory Unit (512MB preferable) to let me borrow. I promise I will return it just like you give it to me, and I will pick it up and drop it off at your place of preference, I just don't want to spill $30 for a new when I only need it to transfer everything from my 20GB to my new 250GB HDD. I thank you guys in advance. Peace

[quote name='machtdh']Hi fellow CAGs in the Tampa Bay area, I was wondering if anybody here has an Xbox 360 Memory Unit (512MB preferable) to let me borrow. I promise I will return it just like you give it to me, and I will pick it up and drop it off at your place of preference, I just don't want to spill $30 for a new when I only need it to transfer everything from my 20GB to my new 250GB HDD. I thank you guys in advance. Peace[/QUOTE]

Have you tried contacting Microsoft to request a hard drive transfer kit? You should qualify for one.

[quote name='Mysterio']Have you tried contacting Microsoft to request a hard drive transfer kit? You should qualify for one.[/QUOTE]

The transfer kit currently only works for the 120 and 60 GB HDDs. At the moment the only solution is using a memory unit to do all the transfer, slowly but safely. I really don't want to pay for a new one, that is why i am reaching out to my deal hunting fellows, specially guys like Berzerker who is a master at deal hunting in the area. Peace.

Hey, guys and gals. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be moving down to Pasco Country in about a month, from NY. So, if there are any meetups or whatever, I'll be around.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Hey, guys and gals. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be moving down to Pasco Country in about a month, from NY. So, if there are any meetups or whatever, I'll be around.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, why the move, and from what part of NY?

The Blockbuster on Waters and Armenia (in the WinnDixie shopping center) is closing down.

70% some things. Most DVDs are 60% off. BluRays are 15% off. Games are 30% off.

Street Fighter 4 was $17
Beatles Rock Band was $28 (All Systems)
Onenchanbara is only $10

Sadly their gift card displays expressly say they will not be discounted, so no discounts on XBL points or subscription cards.

Target - 83th Ave. and 9th Street, St. Petersburg (Gateway Mall)

Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360) is on clearance for $12.78 or there about. As of tonight there were about 6 or 7 copies left.

I totally kept forgetting to post this. The Walmart in New Tampa has about 10-15 copies of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for $10 new. I picked up one for myself and my sister for x-mas.

The one in Oldsmar on Tampa Rd has plenty too, im guessing something happened with their manufacturer as it seems like there is no end to them at Walmart, yet other retailers still sell for regular price.

So Dawn, did you guys get any re-stocks for the $5 sale? I think the store by me did (Palm Harbor), but since they're an "outlet" store, they no longer participate in Hollywood corporate promotions.

[quote name='Bezerker']The one in Oldsmar on Tampa Rd has plenty too, im guessing something happened with their manufacturer as it seems like there is no end to them at Walmart, yet other retailers still sell for regular price.

So Dawn, did you guys get any re-stocks for the $5 sale? I think the store by me did (Palm Harbor), but since they're an "outlet" store, they no longer participate in Hollywood corporate promotions.[/QUOTE]

I was @ Temple Terrace on Thursday, and they didn't have much. :360: Incredible Hulk, and a couple of sports games. They did have :360:Assassin's Creed & Prototype, but like I said on the the HWV thread, they said the sale wasn't on yet.

[quote name='Bezerker']The one in Oldsmar on Tampa Rd has plenty too, im guessing something happened with their manufacturer as it seems like there is no end to them at Walmart, yet other retailers still sell for regular price.

So Dawn, did you guys get any re-stocks for the $5 sale? I think the store by me did (Palm Harbor), but since they're an "outlet" store, they no longer participate in Hollywood corporate promotions.[/QUOTE]

Yea they must of got a ton of them...I see them everywhere. Good though cause I really enjoy the fire emblem games.

We did have a 44 game pull of rental ps2 games...nothing great...I snatched a guitar hero 5 (one left...maybe). Otherwise nothing I know of. I'm so curious about how this whole "outlet" store is working because I haven't heard anything about it until people mentioned going to them on the hwv thread.

[quote name='super_dawn']
We did have a 44 game pull of rental ps2 games...nothing great...I snatched a guitar hero 5 (one left...maybe). Otherwise nothing I know of. I'm so curious about how this whole "outlet" store is working because I haven't heard anything about it until people mentioned going to them on the hwv thread.[/QUOTE]

Basically, they plan on closing, but not yet. The store still does rentals and whatnot, but hasn't/wont be getting any new releases as of some time in November.

None of their prices were discounted like say the closing Blockbusters, and they don't participate in the Hollywood promos, so its kind of hard to even call it an Outlet store when all the others have their stuff for cheaper.

Its kinda sad as the Palm Harbor store is one of the nicer looking ones, its just that its location is really poor as the whole shopping center has no view or signage from the main street you drive on to pass it.

[quote name='Bezerker']Basically, they plan on closing, but not yet. The store still does rentals and whatnot, but hasn't/wont be getting any new releases as of some time in November.

None of their prices were discounted like say the closing Blockbusters, and they don't participate in the Hollywood promos, so its kind of hard to even call it an Outlet store when all the others have their stuff for cheaper.

Its kinda sad as the Palm Harbor store is one of the nicer looking ones, its just that its location is really poor as the whole shopping center has no view or signage from the main street you drive on to pass it.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Well that blows.

[quote name='super_dawn']Gotcha. Well that blows.[/QUOTE]

For Video Games ya outlet stores suck.
But if you looking for movies outlet stores have deals.
I went the outlet HWV in Sanford near the mall, at the time i didnt know it was an outlet store. They had a ton of ps2, 360 and gamecube and ps3 games but all old titles. The newest i saw was saints row 2 for 4.99 but it was for the ps3 dont have friends with that so i couldnt buy it and give it away.they had signs on the inside of the store but not the outside. and they did have all new games for $20 but nothing to make you buy. They had Chrono Trigger, The Darkness but nothing stellar. Tales of Vesparia was marked down after the sale to 24.99.

they had lots of movies for the most besides blu-ray was $7.99. So we picked up 10 movies for $40 of titles like tropic thunder, passenger, the internationalist and some other stuff to fill the dvd collection.

[quote name='nesagwa']The Blockbuster on Waters and Armenia (in the WinnDixie shopping center) is closing down.[/QUOTE]

This is a damn shame, many of my childhood memories are from going to this blockbuster and spending whole afternoons picking out a movie from the kids section.

Then again, the sadness would be lessened with some sweet closing discounts ;)

just wondering...have any of you guys been able to price match the $20 sears printout for xbox live cards at any best buy in town? I'd like to try it but best buy is kinda out of my way.

Every store should be able to pricematch it as its not an online only thing. The only issue is that chances are you're going to get someone higher up involved, and they're probably gonna call Sears to see if they have any in stock. If Sears doesn't have any in stock, then they wont pricematch it.

I had no problem picking up any at Sears. The online store locator says all the stores are OOS, but I was able to find 2 in Clearwater, so maybe the other stores have some as well.

Hey, I just got back to the house from Citrus Park Mall. Couple of deals to make everyone aware of.

Sears
:360: Lips with 2 wireless mics - $25 in the clearance bin

Games Maximus
I didn't even find this kiosk in the mall until 1 week before Christmas. Today is their last day before they move Lakeland, so everything is 30% off and most of their games were already less than retail. Here are 2 examples:
:360: Guitar Hero 5 - $48.50 - 30% off = $29
:360: Halo 3 ODST - $54.50 - 30% off = $38.15

It killed me to walk away from of these games, but my budget is BLOWN from Christmas, and my gift cards from Christmas are at Gamestop & Starbucks. I hope someone else can profit from these deals (and maybe haggle for an even better price).

Happy New Year.

That Lips was the bundle I returned. I paid $50 at the University mall and wanted to do a return/rebuy but they wouldn't let me so i just returned it for my $50 back. I'm glad one of the employees didn't get it.

*EDIT*

Just a heads up, Tomorrow is (supposedly) the last day for the closing Blockbuster stores. If anyone's looking for a cheap/easy 1k Achievement Score, i've seen over 20 copies of Terminator Salvation mispriced at $30+ when they're only $5.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Just a heads up, Tomorrow is (supposedly) the last day for the closing Blockbuster stores. If anyone's looking for a cheap/easy 1k Achievement Score, i've seen over 20 copies of Terminator Salvation mispriced at $30+ when they're only $5.[/QUOTE]

...damn...i did want to stop by the tampa palms one last time too! ....i went last week and there really was nothing left though...it was pretty crappy...but it would have been nice to see if maybe something was too cheap to pass up. ...especially since I received a Blockbuster gift card for christmas from a co-worker. (funny to me though, since my second job is working at HWV! lol)

Alright, false alarm, it looks like the last day for the stores is the 11th.

For anyone looking, they have the Re5 CE's new for $41 and the Street Fighter IV CE's for $48. Other than that, its pretty much everything thats mispriced or not worth it.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Anyone seen any of the Rock Band Drum sets for $6.99 at K-Mart in the Tampa area?[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to go look but haven't had a chance to yet. If you spot any can you report back, please?

I saw some rockband drum set at the walmart in oldsmar for $9.99 for the PS2/PS3. This was a couple of days ago..

The target in the Largo mall has tons of clearance games, I can recall the MW2 Hardened Edition for $50 for the X360 as well as the Ghostbusters and tons of Wii and DS games.

The FYE in Citrus Park mall is getting rid of their game section. Right now all games are up to 75% off. I didn't notice anything that interested me personally, but there were plenty of good deals to be found.

[quote name='Bezerker']The FYE in Citrus Park mall is getting rid of their game section. Right now all games are up to 75% off. I didn't notice anything that interested me personally, but there were plenty of good deals to be found.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting me know...I am sitting on $150 in store credit from the bag trade in deal, so I might need to pop in tomorrow. Not that it is burning a hole in my pocket, I guess I can just go to Westshore.

Edit: So, they had tons of copies of Beatles Rock band for :wii: & :360: for $29.99. Also, Halo 3 ODST is $30. Only things I picked up was Too Human for $7.99 and Eat Lead for $9.99.

bread's done
Back