Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Checked out that place called Monster Games up in Wesley Chapel today. Nothing special, the had 0 NES or SEGA (all systems) games, & the rare games they apparently sell on Ebay. They did have a copy of Chase The Chuckwagon, but wanted $150 cuz thats what they were gonna put it on Ebay for. They did have some good guides tho. They were $5 each & I grabbed the Tales of Vesperia guide.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Checked out that place called Monster Games up in Wesley Chapel today. Nothing special, the had 0 NES or SEGA (all systems) games, & the rare games they apparently sell on Ebay. They did have a copy of Chase The Chuckwagon, but wanted $150 cuz thats what they were gonna put it on Ebay for. They did have some good guides tho. They were $5 each & I grabbed the Tales of Vesperia guide.[/QUOTE]
What and where is this Monster Games?

[quote name='Segasonic01']SR54 near Bruce B Downs. Its a decent store, aside from the Ebay part but I guess they need to make money.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, i may have to check it out sometime.

[quote name='wrencrest']Thanks, i may have to check it out sometime.[/QUOTE]

same here, "mom n pop" stores aren't too common around here, so its always nice to check them out and see what they're running.

first I've heard of this store, will definitely stop by there sometime soon.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Checked out that place called Monster Games up in Wesley Chapel today. Nothing special, the had 0 NES or SEGA (all systems) games, & the rare games they apparently sell on Ebay. They did have a copy of Chase The Chuckwagon, but wanted $150 cuz thats what they were gonna put it on Ebay for. They did have some good guides tho. They were $5 each & I grabbed the Tales of Vesperia guide.[/QUOTE]

....yea thats really close to me and I haven't heard of them either. Will check out too!

Just an FYI if anyone is interested in FF13 and shopping GS soon. I went to the Brandon Best Buy and got PS3 FF13 for $20 with the coup no prob. Only one copy left. Then I went to the Brandon Mall, Plaza GS. They had 5 copies of the FF13 CE guide. They gave me the 10% discount for buying a game. Even though I only bought two DS games. So got the game (20) and guide (31.49) plus tax. Not bad considering that is still less than the original MSRP of the game itself.

Oldsmar BBY added some more titles to their clearance. I only checked the PS3 though...

Jurassic: The Hunted - $11
Cabelas Outdoors (something) - $11
GI Joe - $10
Harry Potter: The HBP - $10

And they still had just about every clearance game from last week still sitting at the same prices.

Thats about all I remember. The Wife picked up Harry Potter for herself and she is LOVING it =)... I can't pull her from the controller.

Yea, I stopped by there yesterday as well. Its a shame that store doesnt do the weekly drops like they used to because they had some awesome clearances way back when.

Cabella Outdoor Adventures thats $11 looks to be the 2010 version that GS still sells for $30. I like those type of games, but I dont really see them being as much fun without the Light-gun like in the arcade.

Hey all. Just picked up UFC Undisputed 2010 for $34.88 PS3 @ my local Sam's club here in Lakeland. (South) They had a few more cardboard things out on the shelf, so I assume they have more in stock. Sorry I didn't check for 360's

Best buy in Oldsmar's clearances just blew up. Found the following (and more that I cant remember) for $5 each:

PC
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway Limited Edition
Bully
Godfather 2
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
LOTR Online
LOTR Online 60 day card (may be useless since the game is free to play now, but supposedly there is a benefit for paid members)

PS2
Buzz Hollywood Quiz ($3.00)
Guitar Hero 1 & 2 Dual Pack
Rock Band Track Pack (various ones)
Singstar Country

PS3
Jurassic the Hunted

Chronicles of Riddick
Fallout 3 Broken Steel & Point Lookout expansion packs
Guilty Gear 2 Overture
Guitar Hero 2
Popcap Arcade Vol 2 (Peggle, Feeding Frenzy & Heavy Weapon)

DS
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Naruto Shippuden Ninja Council 4
The Price is Right/Rayman Raving Rabbids Bundle

These were all located in bins in the middle of where the registers are. There were a lot more games I cant remember, and still plenty of games left in the bins. Get em quick cuz im sure they wont last long.

[quote name='Bezerker']Best buy in Oldsmar's clearances just blew up. Found the following (and more that I cant remember) for $5 each:

PC
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway Limited Edition
Bully
Godfather 2
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
LOTR Online
LOTR Online 60 day card (may be useless since the game is free to play now, but supposedly there is a benefit for paid members)

PS2
Buzz Hollywood Quiz ($3.00)
Guitar Hero 1 & 2 Dual Pack
Rock Band Track Pack (various ones)
Singstar Country

PS3
Jurassic the Hunted

Chronicles of Riddick
Fallout 3 Broken Steel & Point Lookout expansion packs
Guilty Gear 2 Overture
Guitar Hero 2
Popcap Arcade Vol 2 (Peggle, Feeding Frenzy & Heavy Weapon)

DS
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Naruto Shippuden Ninja Council 4
The Price is Right/Rayman Raving Rabbids Bundle

These were all located in bins in the middle of where the registers are. There were a lot more games I cant remember, and still plenty of games left in the bins. Get em quick cuz im sure they wont last long.[/QUOTE]
Damn dude, do you live/work in your car? You get around. Were there any other $5 Ps3 games left around? It doesnt really matter what, I just want extra cases to replace crap from GS.

I actually work 40-60 hours a week doing cubicle drone stuff. I live a mile away from the Oldsmar BBY, so that one isnt too far away. Every weekend I try to do a video game run, usually rotating between Pasco, Pinellas, and Hillsborough counties or like the weekend before last, Orlando.

Unfortunately the only other PS3 clearance games I saw were $8-$14. It may be possible that they will go down cheaper. If you are looking for cheap PS3 cases, Sears @ Citrus Park Mall has 3 copies of Guitar Hero World Tour PS3 and on Friday they are dropping to $1.97 each

[quote name='Bezerker']I actually work 40-60 hours a week doing cubicle drone stuff. I live a mile away from the Oldsmar BBY, so that one isnt too far away. Every weekend I try to do a video game run, usually rotating between Pasco, Pinellas, and Hillsborough counties or like the weekend before last, Orlando.

Unfortunately the only other PS3 clearance games I saw were $8-$14. It may be possible that they will go down cheaper. If you are looking for cheap PS3 cases, Sears @ Citrus Park Mall has 3 copies of Guitar Hero World Tour PS3 and on Friday they are dropping to $1.97 each[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip. I picked up the only World Tour I could find, the others must have been bought by someone else lurking over this thread?! ;)

I also checked out the Oldsmar BB. I got GI Joe and Madagascar Kartz (for the kid) for $10 and $11 each. Not bad, even if GI Joe sucks as bad as they all say. I grew up with the toon, so I think I can get some of my money's worth. Thanks for the tip. I have never seen any BB with so many deals like that.

In case anyone is looking to get in on the Super Mario Galaxy or Sin & Punishment 2 deals at Kmart tomorrow, the Kmart in Clearwater has only 1 2000 points card left.

I've checked out Monster Games a few times, they tend to try and beat GS prices so that's good. Also they do ok trade-ins, 3$ taken off if the disc is scratched and in need of cleaning, but they give you half of what they sell it for always. Decent store, definitely sell there before going to GS.

There's a new game store coming to Largo at the plaza at Belcher and Ulmerton (where the 7/11 is). It's called M&M Games I think. Will be keeping an eye on it, although in that location I really don't see it lasting that long.

Whoops, I guess i didn't notice the word "coming". I'm gonna be in the Largo area tomorrow so I was gonna stop by. Wont do much good if they're not open yet.

Well it had a sign that said coming soon, but when I went by today it was lit up and there were cars parked in front of it so it might be worth a shot.

Yea, they were open. They had quite a bit of stuff. Most was cheaper than GS prices, but some was more. Nothing too much as far as rarities go. I found a Dual Hearts PS2 for $2.99 and since the credit machine was down they gave it to me for free. I hope that store does good, sad thing is that it does not stand out at all. Their lightup signs are barely visisble through the tinted glass they have.

The Gamerush in Clearwater on Enterprise/McMullen is going out of business. It just started so right now all new games are 10%, used games are 20% and accesories/guides are 30%.

They barely have anything left for the used games. I didn't see anything to worthwhile for new (considering they're still charging $60 for most games that are down to $20-30). The only thing i'm waiting for is the accessories to go down because they have a few of guides that I want.

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, they were open. They had quite a bit of stuff. Most was cheaper than GS prices, but some was more. Nothing too much as far as rarities go. I found a Dual Hearts PS2 for $2.99 and since the credit machine was down they gave it to me for free. I hope that store does good, sad thing is that it does not stand out at all. Their lightup signs are barely visisble through the tinted glass they have.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that place a week or so ago. I'll have to stop by and check it out. I plan on hitting this thread a lot since I am new to the area.

oo largo area...yikes..too far for me. I might be able to check it out next weekend though. I'm heading to the Tyrone mall for the dragon quest event...anyone else going?

Hey y'all, I've been following your thread for a few months, but am new to posting. Anyone notice the Play N Trade in Seffner has dropped it's franchise and changed it's name? I'm curious to see how this will affect their pricing.

I noticed. I know its been struggling like hell (karma for charging Ebay prices). I heard they were having a lot of conflict with PnT's corporate to cuz theyre only allowed by contract to sell monster, but they were selling Sobe, red bull, etc.

[quote name='super_dawn']oo largo area...yikes..too far for me. I might be able to check it out next weekend though. I'm heading to the Tyrone mall for the dragon quest event...anyone else going?[/QUOTE]

The store on South Dale Mabry is also closing but they have pretty much nothing left. There are a couple guides I want, but for whatever reason they're not lowering past 10% on the guides.

Checked out monster games, it wasn't too bad. Sadly nothing for me though. But I did just get back from the Play N Trade in Seffner and I don't know if anybodys already posted it, but their having a buy 2 get 1 free sale right now. I didn't take advantage of it today as I was only there for Front Mission 3 (got it for $6 after trade ins so that was awesome) But I asked and the owner said the sale would probably last for maybe one more week. He didn't see sure when he'd stop it but if you make it there in the next few days you should be good.

it isn't? They still had the play n trade sign over the store and the manager even tried to sell me the play n trade insider card.

South Dale Mabry Target had some great clearance markdowns today! Borderlands (PS3 only): $20 Borderlands Zombie/Mad Moxi pack (360): $10 The Saboteur (360 and PS3): $13.98 Dead Rising 1 (360): $10 Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 (360): $10 Brutal Legend (360/PS3): $13.98 WWE 2010 (PS3): $20 Backyard Baseball Sandlot Sluggers (360): $13.98 Beatles Rockband (PS3 only): $20

Thats hilarious about the Seffner store, the store owner was such a jackass. There were a few times I was there and they changed the prices on me right before the sale to match up with ebay / half.com. Such a stupid thing they got in trouble for, Monster is a way better drink as it is.

I went to the Replay Games in Seffner the other day, same setup as Play N Trade, same workers, not sure who was the old owner or who is the new one. Mediocre selection of PS3 games, there biggest selection is older sports games for the PS2/Xbox which they should just give away to people who walk in the store.

It's the same owners. Its the same setup & mediocre overpriced stuff as they had as PnT. Basically, they changed their name so they can sell Sobe, which apparently keeps them in business...

What exactly takes place at the CAG meet and greet?, Looking to buy/trade games anything from atari to ps3 but trying to get equal trades or buying fair value and doing that at flea markets, game stores and craigslist seems to be lacking.

Reading from previous posts, I see there were several attempts for a meet and greet, one being at gameworks which didn't have a huge turnout. I would be interested in like a game swap meet where we could trade games. Scheduling/traveling seems the biggest obstacles. If anyone has ideas on how we can get a successfull turnout, welcome your comments.

bread's done
Back