Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

I actually went by the store, they had one in a gen box behind the counter. If anyone sees any sweet liquidation deals, make sure to give a head's up. Still sore about getting burned on Hollywood Video's stolen $6 borderlands

This is the last week for the Blockbuster on BBDowns. I might try to stop by today to see what stock they have left. Also has anyone had any bad interactions with that store RU Game? on Fowler? People been spamming them on CL and was wondering if there were any bad incidents there.

I still have that BF 1943 if anyone wants it. I'm also looking to do local trades.

If you see anything of note let me know. I work down the road from the RU game on MLK. They had good retro titles but nothing that made me want to spend money. It appears it is just a disenfranchised play and trades.

I didn't have a bad experience with them when I was there. In fact, I actually liked it because I was asked by employees if there was anything I was interested in, etc, and they actually knew about a lot of stuff. I wasn't harassed by them hocking their $15 rewards card, hocking preordering every release for the next 10 years, nothing. The employees pretty much just waited for me to either go to the register to check out or ask questions. They were really nice.

Now, prices on the other hand weren't too great. Aside from the random title or two that was priced well, a good bit was excessive. Like I said above, it's like any store: you'll find some good bargains and you'll find some outrageous stuff.

I have not confirmed all of this list, but here is my list of Blockbusters that are closing within 25 miles of Tampa:

N. Dale Mabry/Fletcher - Tampa
4th/94th Ave N - St Pete
US Hwy 19/Tarpon - Tarpon Springs
Gandy/Dale Mabry - Tampa
Missouri/Rosary Road - Largo
49thSt N/Park - Pinellas Park
56th/Busch - Tampa
34th St. N/13th Ave. - St Pete
County 581/SR 54 - Wesley Chapel

3 of the stores are Gamerushes, so i'm hoping they got plenty of good stuff hiding in the back.

[quote name='Bezerker']I have not confirmed all of this list, but here is my list of Blockbusters that are closing within 25 miles of Tampa:

N. Dale Mabry/Fletcher - Tampa
4th/94th Ave N - St Pete
US Hwy 19/Tarpon - Tarpon Springs
Gandy/Dale Mabry - Tampa
Missouri/Rosary Road - Largo
49thSt N/Park - Pinellas Park
56th/Busch - Tampa
34th St. N/13th Ave. - St Pete
County 581/SR 54 - Wesley Chapel

3 of the stores are Gamerushes, so i'm hoping they got plenty of good stuff hiding in the back.[/QUOTE]

oh neat...I haven't seen any ones with Gamerushes in them...which ones are those?

The one in Wesley Chapel, the one in Pinellas park and the one on 4th/94th in St Pete. The One on 34th st in St Pete may be a gamerush as well, but I cant remember.

The Wesley Craphole Chapel one was a GameRush store. I don't think you can call it that anymore- I was just in there back in January and there was maybe 50 games for sale in the entire store.

[quote name='Bezerker']The one in Wesley Chapel, the one in Pinellas park and the one on 4th/94th in St Pete. The One on 34th st in St Pete may be a gamerush as well, but I cant remember.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Altanis']The Wesley Craphole Chapel one was a GameRush store. I don't think you can call it that anymore- I was just in there back in January and there was maybe 50 games for sale in the entire store.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay..cause the closest would be the Wesley Chapel one to me. I might still check it out since its fairly close.

Yeah, it's pretty slim (like a lot of BBV stores after their B1G1 sales) but you might find a gem. If you were looking for I think it was Marvel Super Hero Squad :wii:, Wii Play in a generic case, or one of the God of War games (I want to say GoW3 maybe?) then you would have been in heaven during their last sale, because those were pretty much the only titles they had in one of the bins. It was pretty sad. I can't say I'm surprised at all that the WC one is closing. That store was always worse customer wise than the Zephyrhills store it seemed.

I have to go deal with Bright House tomorrow (my cable box is dying... hooray!) and then check with the closing BBV on 54/581 if traffic isn't horrible. Since tomorrow is a weekday, I'm likely not gonna go there. Holy jeezus they fricked up 54 between Curley and 75.

The Blockbuster on Armenia and Hillsborough is also closing, noticed the signs on Saturday morning.

Does anyone know of any of the big box stores having a 3DS demo unit out? Kind of want to try one out.

[quote name='nesagwa']The Blockbuster on Armenia and Hillsborough is also closing, noticed the signs on Saturday morning.

Does anyone know of any of the big box stores having a 3DS demo unit out? Kind of want to try one out.[/QUOTE]

I went and tried mine out at Best Buy last week. :3ds:

[quote name='nesagwa']The Blockbuster on Armenia and Hillsborough is also closing, noticed the signs on Saturday morning.

Does anyone know of any of the big box stores having a 3DS demo unit out? Kind of want to try one out.[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy across from Citrus Park Mall, and the Bestbuy along Hillsborough ave (between Hillsborough and Oldsmar) the only lacted in same shopping center as Super Target

Last i checked both had Pilotwings Demo but i got my very own 3DS now so YAY

Hey, I need a huge favor from any CAG that lives in Odessa/Tampa. I will generously reward any dude/dudette who can help me out with! Shoot me a Pm and I'll give you the details. Its a pretty easy favor btw, so hopefully some one can help a fellow CAG out : )

A special thanks to donniedroc and all of the cags that offered to help. You guys all rock and if anyone needs anything up in Jacksonville, just let me know!

I was in town working the other day at Macdill. If anyone has a pass to get on base, the BX has several copies of Fatal Frame 3 for $10. I didn't buy anything because I was working but there were a lot of copies for whoever gets there. Its a $25 - $35 sale on ebay.

Anyone in the Tampa area need Windows 7 or Office 2010? Let me know for a good trade. I also do PC Repair and sell webhosting. No scamming, pure honest deals.

who snatched up all the Epic Mickey's at TRU? :( I only went to two tru but was sad to not find it this week with the sale. I was able to convince them to let me buy the epic mickey charger stand at the $20 price w/o buying the game ...so that's pretty cool.

hey there's a new game store opening up near Super Target on county line road. I was grabbing a smoothie at SmoothieKing real quick before work and noticed it. Wish I would have had a chance to look closer and see when they'd be opening up....

...if they're more towards selling classic games than I don't think gamestop nearby will have any competition.

Before I turn to eBay, does anyone have or know anyone that might have the following systems for sale?

Fairchild channel f
Vectrex
Magnavox odyssey 1
Atari 5200
Neo geo cd

That's all I have left before I have all US released systems, and so far I've yet to turn to eBay for any...

You might wanna check R U Game near USF, in the same plaza as Chilis. I've only been in once, but remember they sell classic games and systems. Including old Japanese cartridges.

Because nobody BUYS games for atari, coleco, etc.

Play N Trade will take 2600 games, but don't expect more than a dime a piece for them.

AcTually People do buy them. Every time I go to pnt or a flea mkt that has them, I buy all the ones I don't have, and I'm not the only one.

Nothing against RUG, I just think they could be a better store if they had more of a variety and better Prices ($50 for symphony of the night & $60 for ffvii is crazy). The employees are friendly, I'll give them that.

Traded in a box of 2600 games to Play N Trade 6 months ago. Every single one of them is still sitting in their bin. The stuff just doesn't move and there is no profit in it. For an independent store, unsellable stock is just taking up space (see the box of over 100 copies of old madden games marked $1 that RUG has).

Yes those prices are a tad high, but those games have always been over priced no matter who you buy them from (ebay is no exception) and are display case candy that people actually DO buy because they are desirable titles.

segasonic1, did u try the magic mall off of waters? I've seen some old stuff there too but that was years ago. But it still looks scary as Hell, lol.

Kinda quiet in here.

I've hit 6 blockbusters since Monday for there 90% off accessories deal. Not technically a gaming deal but it has been pretty sweet. Plenty of movie posters, hdmi cables, plushies, and other misc. stuff to be found. The furthest south I went was Hillsborough...so if anyone is close to a bbv in clearwater or st. pete...I haven't been to it.

Depending on how bad my cold is, i'm probably gonna hit a bunch of the Pinellas BBV's on Saturday.

The only store in Tampa i've yet to hit is the one on Bruce B Downs, that store is kinda small, so im sure all the stuff is already gone.

[quote name='Bezerker']Depending on how bad my cold is, i'm probably gonna hit a bunch of the Pinellas BBV's on Saturday.

The only store in Tampa i've yet to hit is the one on Bruce B Downs, that store is kinda small, so im sure all the stuff is already gone.[/QUOTE]

That was the first store I went to since its right near me. You're right on them not having much. They didn't really have much to begin with. I was able to pick up a couple Yoda plushies for my cousins and some random as seen on tv crap. Only things left were a bunch of random books and lots of stickers/keychains. This is usually my favorite store to go to however because they never price sticker correctly so I'm able to score some great deals.

Checked out Monster games by the super target on county line rd. Looks like a decent shop and they had some stuff, but mostly current stuff, they had ps2, xbox, and gamecube, but not much stuff older than that.

Has anyone been to the Red Barn flea market? I just moved down to Tampa with my family and we were going to head down there just to browse. Anyone have any tips or thoughts on it? Oh and Tampa weather > Texas weather. :p

Act quick guys, Best Buy in Wesley Chapel has Borderlands GOTY Edition for 9.99. Go to Best Buy Online Outlet and say pick up at store. I just picked mine up. Total was 10.69 with tax.

Hey Tampa CAG, has anyone hit best buy in the greater bay area for the dropped guides? Of course, the week I am out of town (and 40 miles from the nearest bb) is when they finally have a drop.

If anyone gets lucky and finds some, can someone pick me up a couple of guides? I would be willing to trade/pay for some when I am back on Saturday. I am looking for

Disney Epic Mickey Collector's Edition
Mass Effect 2 (latest version PS3)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition
Dragon age origins awakenings

Thanks in advance.

Oldsmar & CP already pulled theirs. I've been making nice with the guy @ Oldsmar and he looked for a couple of the CE guides for me but couldnt find any left.

[quote name='donniedroc']Hey Tampa CAG, has anyone hit best buy in the greater bay area for the dropped guides? Of course, the week I am out of town (and 40 miles from the nearest bb) is when they finally have a drop.

If anyone gets lucky and finds some, can someone pick me up a couple of guides? I would be willing to trade/pay for some when I am back on Saturday. I am looking for

Disney Epic Mickey Collector's Edition
Mass Effect 2 (latest version PS3)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition
Dragon age origins awakenings

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

If you're willing to drive down here the one in Bradenton has them still out.

Hey Tampa CAG,

I'm running a drawing here on CAG. Just looking for donations to my Extra Life Page. All proceeds go directly to All Children's Hospital in St. Pete.

Donate $1 you get entered into a drawing of what ever game you want (with some restrictions, sorry no Earthbound). As of now, no one has donated so the winnings % is pretty great. Also what ever dollar amount you donate, you receive that many drawings. Drawing will be held September 15th, 2011. And if you win we can meetup somewhere and I can just give it to you.

Hey Tampa CAG,

I don't usually advocate hoarding, but flipping Star Wars Force Unleashed II from the BOGO @Blockbuster to preorders @Best Buy has worked out for me quite nicely @Citrus Park Best Buy.

SWFUII is $15 @blockbuster...BOGO makes it $7.50
Best Buy Trade in is $12 (PS3 or Xbox360). However, there is a 40% uplift if you pre-order something. Which makes the value $16.80. Profit of $9.30 per copy of SWFUII.

Here is the beauty @Citrus Park right now...the kid@ the trade in desk is too busy playing Madden 12 to ring you up for the pre-order...he just gives you the credit and sends you with your pre-order ticket to the register. I don't see why you couldn't just walk out the door with the entire $16.80 without actually getting the preorder. I wasn't that shady, I preordered Arkham City and Gunstringer, but I would imagine you wouldn't have a problem with this.

Full disclosure. I took the 6 copies of SWFUII @the Anderson/Gunn Blockbuster. I got 4 copies @Hillsborough (near Sheldon), but they had at least 8 more copies when I left earlier today.

Only other comment (sorry to be so long winded) is that there was some low life trolling Hillsborough when I left. He was kind of scuzzy looking, and was flipping through the used games, on the cell saying 'they got star wars force something and this vegas game'. He didn't look like he had enough cash to clean them out, but be aware that the flea market people are out there competing with us.

Happy hunting.

thanks for the info donniedroc! I did a bunch of swfuii flips during the last bbv sale to gs. I've never traded to bb before but thats too good a deal to pass up on. Probably would pre order a random 3ds game...but if they just give me a ticket...ehhh i might skip it. ;) I might wait till Monday though so i can also snag Epic mickey and kirby ...been wanting those for awhile to play.

All you have to do is pay the $5 down. If you wait til after the release of the game, you can get your $5 back. They also have a deal where if you pre-order & buy 5 games and get an extra $100. I would imagine this stacks with the bonus $10 per game.

[quote name='super_dawn']Do you guys know if bb takes disc only games? Might flip some ps2 cheapies from gs...[/QUOTE]

I had only disc and case, and it wasn't a problem. Not sure if they would take game only.

bread's done
Back