Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

I got my pre-order from the Fowler TRU. There were about 30-40 ppl there, & most of em went home happy. I haven't got any games except Wii sports for now, cuz word has it that some people in my family r getting me games for Christmas, so I wanna c what they get me 1st. How is that classic controller?

Before I forget to ask, is there anyone else around here who collects Star Wars? The new wave has been impossible to find...

Burger King $3.99 Games with meal purchase. Kennedy and Westshore claimed they had none, Busch and 56th St had them, had to buy 1 meal per 3 games you wanted to get. The games look good from the covers, but once playing them, they are kinda Cheesy. Maybe just have to learn to love them like you have to learn to love Burger King Fries. Wiis Were suppose to be at Sams Clubs, called 4 yesterday only 1 Actually was gonna sell them today, they all claimed they didnt have them but that 1. Didnt know when they would have them either. Glad I preordered mine from a store near my house.

[quote name='Segasonic01']
Before I forget to ask, is there anyone else around here who collects Star Wars? The new wave has been impossible to find...[/QUOTE]

Good luck if it's a rare toy, there are more toy scalpers here than anywhere.

A long time ago I had a friend who worked for Emerald City Comics, the guy who runs that store would hit up every toy store looking for Marvel Legends figs, would buy the in demand ones and charge 3x as much in his store. It was either pay it or go without.

I like to get Marvel Legends figures every once in awhile and those things are wiped out ASAP as soon as they hit the shelves.

I also worked at TRU a long time ago and these hoarders will also strike deals with the stock people to get first crack at any shipment that comes in on in demand stuff.

[quote name='Roufuss']Good luck if it's a rare toy, there are more toy scalpers here than anywhere.
[/quote]

Ya, tell me about it. At the Brandon TRU about 4 months ago, they had in 3 cases of the new Sonic figures, & when I got there, I saw a manager giving the whole 3 cases to some woman. I asked her if she was buying them all, & she said they're for her kids. Kids my ass, unless thats what she calls her bidders.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Ya, tell me about it. At the Brandon TRU about 4 months ago, they had in 3 cases of the new Sonic figures, & when I got there, I saw a manager giving the whole 3 cases to some woman. I asked her if she was buying them all, & she said they're for her kids. Kids my ass, unless thats what she calls her bidders.[/QUOTE]

Yep. My TRU I worked at actually loved it when toy hoarders came in because they bought out a shitload of stuff at once and it made sales look good.

I was the one who had to listen to the customers complain about how we didn't have variety in our shelves because the hoarders would leave the 1 or 2 figures nobody wanted and were really common.

[quote name='papasfritas']Burger King $3.99 Games with meal purchase. Kennedy and Westshore claimed they had none, Busch and 56th St had them, had to buy 1 meal per 3 games you wanted to get. The games look good from the covers, but once playing them, they are kinda Cheesy. Maybe just have to learn to love them like you have to learn to love Burger King Fries. Wiis Were suppose to be at Sams Clubs, called 4 yesterday only 1 Actually was gonna sell them today, they all claimed they didnt have them but that 1. Didnt know when they would have them either. Glad I preordered mine from a store near my house.[/QUOTE]

The BK on Sheldon near Linebaugh sold me all 3 games and I only got one meal. Too bad I can't play them yet because my 360 died 2 days ago and I have to send it MS.

Went to wal-mart 2081 @ 23106 19 North
Phone 727-724-7777
and they had a clearance rack with about 10 of the 360 wireless adaptors for $80 and then take another 25% off so they come out to about $64. Just letting you all know.:)

Picked up my pre ordered Nintendo Wii from EB Games

My friend grabbed one this morning from Circuit City they had got 18 he said.

I picked up Excite truck (Pretty Fun) and Zelda (Slow to get started Dated Graphics)

It seems pretty fun but no where near 360 graphics which I already am aware its all about the gameplay.

Good luck to everyone who wants one. Seems the nunchuk controllers are pretty hard to get ahold of.

There was about 100 people in line at the south tampa wal mart at midnite.

My friend picked up trauma center which is pretty fun as well . Also Red Steel but I did not get to try it out.

Wii on!!!!

Managed to get a wii this morning at TRU in clearwater. Got there about 8:15 after missing at 3 walmarts last night and 2 targets. I got lucky I was number 24 in line and they had 25 of them. There was a rather large line there, and pretty much anywhere that had them, I was pretty shocked by the number of people wanting this thing.

I know that TRU had a whole bunch of nunchucks if anybody is having a problem finding them.

For anyone still hunting for a Wii, I've heard that the local EBs will have more to sell on Black Friday. Also, if anyone know any restock info for CC, could you let me know? I'm anxious to try that $40 coupon!

Well its not $40, but you save 10% off your entire order at Target if you apply for their credit card.

I spent $400 (Wii & 3 games) so i got 10% off that ($40), and a free $20 Wii lightup gift card for buying 3 games. I figured im gonna get denied (i have no credit) so what does it matter.

Though the buy 3 games thing was for launch day only, the 10% off could save you $25+

They should all be the same thing. Only difference about the Wii one is that it has the Wii logo on it. Shouldnt be much different than a normal Sandisk SD card (unless the write/read speeds are different, but i havent seen any major specs)

Any sd card will work, I think a bunch are on sale friday.

I'm a little disappointed though, you can't save your gamecube saves to it, or your virtual console save points. You can copy your virtual console channels, but I don't know if they'll play on another wii or not yet.

Hey guys,

Look what I found on Craig's List from our favorite pedophile:

HUGE VIDEO GAME SALE 12PM FRIDAY 11/24/06
GAMES FOR ALMOST EVERY SYSTEM FOR 99 CENTS

6103 INTERBAY BLVD
TAMPA, FL 33611

Link: http://tampa.craigslist.org/ele/238546374.html

Now my question: Do you think he'll make you plop down a $100 non-refundable deposit for Madden 202 for PS2?

Did anyone have any luck tracking Wiis down at Game Rush locations in Tampa Bay today? I saw in the GR thread that some stores got their shipments today.

Got my Nomad off Craig's List today. In pretty good condition, came with 12 cart only non sports games. Does anyone know if a Nomad can play PAL and Japanese games? I would like to bulk up on Genesis games for work. Its a cool handheld, may have to get a replacement screen though.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Got my Nomad off Craig's List today. In pretty good condition, came with 12 cart only non sports games. Does anyone know if a Nomad can play PAL and Japanese games? I would like to bulk up on Genesis games for work. Its a cool handheld, may have to get a replacement screen though.[/QUOTE]

I saw that, was tempted to go for it but I remember something stopped me.. I think it was too far away. But congrats! That was definitely an awesome deal, I forgot to post it here :lol: Nice score!

As for your question, I don't believe it can play Pal and Japanese games... it's region locked the same way the Genesis was. Yea, just did some random googling and it is region locked.

If anyone is interested, someone on Craigslist is selling Gears of War for $45... used, but he says it works perfectly.

I doubt this one will drop any time soon ala Halo 2 so $15 off may be the best price you'll find on it for awhile unless you get really lucky at a pawn shop.

Yeah, it was a cool deal. Dude drove it to my parent's house in Palm Harbor. I didnt know you could connect it to a TV and play it like a Genesis. It even has a second controller input at the bottom and the screen is great quality for a old machine. Def worth the $40, I may sell all the games together to get back most of that money on ebay.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone is interested, someone on Craigslist is selling Gears of War for $45... used, but he says it works perfectly.

I doubt this one will drop any time soon ala Halo 2 so $15 off may be the best price you'll find on it for awhile unless you get really lucky at a pawn shop.[/quote]
$44.39 new/shipped @ Buy.com.

These sales are killing me. Every day i say to myself "this will be the last thing i buy" (which i said yesterday as well). But of course once i saw that all 3 Beavis & Butthead collections were $6 each, my jewish insticts screamed out BUY IT NOW! (and its really hard for a frugal jew to turn down a great deal).

I wanna go up to the Best Buy on Friday to get that 32" LCD for $480, but i know theres no chance im gonna get one unless i go the day before.

I'm done with Black Friday before it even begins... between dropping $60 at Amazon and getting a ton of Adult Swim DVD's, and now $40 at MTV and getting another shitload of DVD's I'm just about broke ;)

Edit: Yay, Best Buy deals are up on the website, I did in-store pickup and now my BF shopping is all done :D

There is alot of stuff I *want* but I've got to restrict it just to stuff I don't think I'll see on sale cheaper any time soon.

Tru also known as toys r us had alot of their sale items online today, $5 ps2 wireless controller if you bought a $5 ps2 game, also if your cart was $30 or more you get to use google checkout and get $10 off. They sold out of the wireless controllers after my 10th order. They dont have the gameboy micro advertised for $35 online for some reason. Also best buy put most of their items for sale online today too, none of the cell phone deals. Compusa must be on drugs $200 off if you sign up for a cell phone?

Well, here's how black Friday went for me:

1st, I went to the Citrus Park best buy at 4:15. The line was past Best Buy, past Joanne's, past Sports Authority, & looped aound it. Didn't stay.

Circuit City had nowhere to park. their parking lot has about 60 spaces, & were all filled.

Wal-Mart on Gunn wasn't too badly crowded, but they weren't having any good deals & no SW toys so I left after being there 10 mins.

Target was at Max Capacity & the line was going past the building to Lowes, so I left. I then decided to go home & order all the shit I was looking for on Bestbuy.com.

Yea, i didnt even bother. I want an LCD HDTV, but most likely they'd be gone in the first 10 minutes. Im kinda fearing how the roads are going to be on my way to work today. I'll probably stop by moviestop; last year they had some really good sales.

Radio Shack was great, was the 2nd car to show up, the first car of people left, so we were #1 in line. They came back 20 minutes later, the line went down the strip mall with over 20 people in it and they were screwed, Radio Shack only had 3 of each item they had on sale that everyone was there for, and I managed to get all I wanted. Was very organized, but the sales people looked like they didnt know how to use a register at 6am. Went to 2nd radio shack, and of course they had boat loads of what I wanted, so I stocked up even more. Hit best buy and Tru yesterday online, have to wait for packages to come.

After two EBs, one Gamestop, a Target and a drive by Best Buy, I FINALLY got my Wii at the Baywalk EB this morning. I was No. 3 out of the four they got in and had to wait about two hours for the store to open, but regardless, I'm a happy camper! Plus, I was able to head back to CC and BB after the lines cooled down and got everything I wanted except for the Pinball PSP game. I can live with that!.

Hope everyone else's Black Friday was as good as mine!

Yep, I'm about to head over to get my in-store pickup, then I'll be done ;)

Congrats on getting a Wii! I'm getting one as soon as those VC games that were approved by the ESRB come out.

I can't believe how much fun my wife and I are having with the new toy. Everything seems to be working great, and Wii Sports is a blast. I also have Zelda and am getting the itch to get Trauma Center!

[quote name='Segasonic01']Well, here's how black Friday went for me:

1st, I went to the Citrus Park best buy at 4:15. The line was past Best Buy, past Joanne's, past Sports Authority, & looped aound it. Didn't stay.

Circuit City had nowhere to park. their parking lot has about 60 spaces, & were all filled.

Wal-Mart on Gunn wasn't too badly crowded, but they weren't having any good deals & no SW toys so I left after being there 10 mins.

Target was at Max Capacity & the line was going past the building to Lowes, so I left. I then decided to go home & order all the shit I was looking for on Bestbuy.com.[/quote]

It is almost as if I was following you, or you were following me, but that's exactly how I did it... I hit staples.com as well and did nicely...Given the fact that I have no idea what time you had to be at BB/CC to get the TV or Laptop deals... what's the point to the madness in the BM stores if a majority of the deals are online?

[quote name='papasfritas']Japhei Trading Time Out - Do not trade! http://www.proxyforall.com/cgiproxy/nph-proxy.pl/010110A/http/www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/images/smilies/new_bomb.gif Are you ripping people off again JAPHEI? Anyone wanna look at his criminal record, I knew I recognized his name from other forums. Long list of ebay rip offs.[/quote]

I am not trading crap or plan on ever doing it on this forum.

And I never ripped anyone off

Show me some proof .

And my criminal record is for beating cops asses and driving with invalid license not anything for stealing or ripping people off. Also I am a registered voter who is on jury duty next week.

Never been convicted of any crime in my life or else my military entry would be blocked.

I have not sold anything on ebay in YEARS. If I am dealing with games I am going to Rhino Games :O) nothing beats 2 for 1 Wii games

So get real.

Stop accusing people if you do not know the whole story.

Did anyone else have buy.com rip them off after they had these specials? Order Details - Nov 8, 2006, 12:37 PM Print Qty Item Price 1 College Hoops 2K6 $8.94 1 NHL 2K6 $8.94 1 GUN $8.94 1 The Outfit $8.94 Claimed it was pricing errors, but yet it took them 5 days to refund my money, and not even in increments that made sense, they would refund $3 one day, $7 another, I should have known there was no way they were gonna sell the games for that price, but come on, they had them there for 2 days at that price.

[quote name='papasfritas']Did anyone else have buy.com rip them off after they had these specials? Order Details - Nov 8, 2006, 12:37 PM Print Qty Item Price 1 College Hoops 2K6 $8.94 1 NHL 2K6 $8.94 1 GUN $8.94 1 The Outfit $8.94 Claimed it was pricing errors, but yet it took them 5 days to refund my money, and not even in increments that made sense, they would refund $3 one day, $7 another, I should have known there was no way they were gonna sell the games for that price, but come on, they had them there for 2 days at that price.[/quote]

No one should use Buy.com I heard they are unreliable.

Only buy directly from Amazon, Wal-Mart.com or the Game publisher themselves.

Online deals never seem legit. :(

Ive bought tons of things from Buy.com (especially with all the $10 off $10, $10 off $30 and $20 off $50 coupons). Never had any problems. The only thing i think is wierd is that sometimes their free shipping is UPS and sometimes its plain Media Mail (they sent out a dvd boxset media mail, but a SD card UPS).

I decided to take advantage of EB/GS's B2G1 deal. The EB in Brandon mall had used Red Steel & FF7: DoC, & I got BFME2 for 360 for free. The Gamestop in the same mall had Excite Truck used if anyone wants that. Toys R Us still has 2 Doom 3 CEs as well. Anyone else taken advantage of the B2G1?

[quote name='Segasonic01'] Anyone else taken advantage of the B2G1?[/QUOTE]

I'm about to take advantage of it today to flip to Rhino.

I can get two games for $12.99 a piece plus a free game, and easily use rhino's Trade 2 get 1 free ($50 credit) and the free game to get myself near $60 in credit.

It's like getting brand new 360 games for $25 a piece. I'll get Rainbow Six Vegas and something else cheaper than just getting one used newer title from Gamestop alone.

As for taking advantage of the b2g1 free to get games I'd actually play and not flip? Nah, EB / GS is a ripoff on used prices even with b2g1 free. It used to be awesome when they had used rare games at non inflated prices, you could make a killing if you worked the system right, and when they also stocked PS1 games.

I mean, seriously, everone in this thread who hasn't gone to Rhino needs to go and check it out. For a $60 360 game they charge $50 used from what I've seen, and they carry a ton of older stuff, not to mention their awesome deals which are easy to take advantage of if you know how to work them. Rhino is good enough to make me drive 45 minutes there and back and I'm a huge cheap ass espically on gas so you KNOW it has to be good.

[quote name='Roufuss']
I mean, seriously, everone in this thread who hasn't gone to Rhino needs to go and check it out. [/quote]

Agreed. When GRAW BFME 2 1st came out, I remember they had used ones for $44.99 each as opposed to EB's 54.99. I also love the fact that they carry DC & Gen games, also B2G1 all the time. The employees actually know what they're talking about to.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Agreed. When GRAW BFME 2 1st came out, I remember they had used ones for $44.99 each as opposed to EB's 54.99. I also love the fact that they carry DC & Gen games, also B2G1 all the time. The employees actually know what they're talking about to.[/quote]

I used to work with the Manager awhile ago.

Yeah they know the games pretty well there.

Rhino reminds me of how gamestores are supposed to be run and not exclude games just because they are older. And Not charge some ass raping price like some stores (INTERBAY) which have no selection at all.

They have a great selection varying all genres for all consoles. Everything is in good condition.

Only problem is I have mostly everything I want otherwise I would go there everyday.

I will be definately be picking up Super Mario Galaxy and Lost Planet next year though :)

Any Tampabay Cag wanna pick up a bestbuy 60gig ps3 for me?
Im flying back overseas in 2 weeks and at this rate looks like im screwed at getting one.
will give 60cash for ur time/effort.

p.s must be from bestbuy so i can buy their service plan which is way better then otherstores

Rhino games, have you seen those prices on ps1 games? Many other places have more games and way lower prices.

Buy 2 get 1 free from rhino is ridiculous.

Now their trade 2 xbox 360 games and get $60 in credit that could be good, if they actually had a good selection of games.

Black Friday went well for me.

Toshiba 42 inch plasma TV ended up costing $1000 because of mistakes they made (should of been $1200). It was then delivered free.
I also got the 120 gig Seagate portable Hard drive for my girlfriend for Christmas and the 2 gig SD flash drive at CC w/o waiting in line.
At TRU I got Urban Reign and Makai Kingdom.
At CC I got Quake 4, TMNT Mutant Melee, Half Life 2, and Socom 3.
At Staples I got a $20 Microsoft laser Mouse
At Value Pawn I got a $5 Condemned.

Not a bad haul, especially after Sears gave me $90 cash for screwing up my Plasma TV order (I bought it last week and they sold it), so they delievered me one today.

OK JAPHEI YOU ASKED FOR IT WANTED PROOF HERE YOU GO here is just a sample of the people THIS criminal has ripped off. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=5523&sid=3236280d4754a9f74d1064af652b224a Next up http://www.pbase.com/japhei/guestbook Next one http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25621 Want me to keep going, you already have next to your name on cheapassgamer.com not to trade with you, just a few days ago it said trading time out. Just found this one http://neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125688&page=1 love this one ATTENTION ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY JAPHEI AKA MICHAEL McHAMON! I have been in contact with a detective from the Tampa, Florida police department... Detective Lela Davis. She has contacted this scam artist and it looks as though I will hopefully be getting some money back. To anyone who has been or is currently being scammed by this person I urge you to send her an email and explain your situation in detail. Make sure you provide proof in the form of scanned receipts, dates, ebay item numbers etc. Be short and to the point, explain what happened in point form - not a long story. Here is her email: [email protected] If enough of us do this, we might be able to take this Japhei out for good once the police realise that this is far from being an isolated case. So JAPHEI, not a criminal? Looks like lots think differently. Only person who has ripped people off is you CASEY MCMAHON Do a search on GOOGLE FOR JAPHEI, loads more people.

[quote name='helpbanJAPHEI']OK JAPHEI YOU ASKED FOR IT WANTED PROOF HERE YOU GO here is just a sample of the people THIS criminal has ripped off. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=5523&sid=3236280d4754a9f74d1064af652b224a Next up http://www.pbase.com/japhei/guestbook Next one http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25621 Want me to keep going, you already have next to your name on cheapassgamer.com not to trade with you, just a few days ago it said trading time out. Just found this one http://neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125688&page=1 love this one ATTENTION ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY JAPHEI AKA MICHAEL McHAMON! I have been in contact with a detective from the Tampa, Florida police department... Detective Lela Davis. She has contacted this scam artist and it looks as though I will hopefully be getting some money back. To anyone who has been or is currently being scammed by this person I urge you to send her an email and explain your situation in detail. Make sure you provide proof in the form of scanned receipts, dates, ebay item numbers etc. Be short and to the point, explain what happened in point form - not a long story. Here is her email: [email protected] If enough of us do this, we might be able to take this Japhei out for good once the police realise that this is far from being an isolated case. So JAPHEI, not a criminal? Looks like lots think differently. Only person who has ripped people off is you CASEY MCMAHON Do a search on GOOGLE FOR JAPHEI, loads more people.[/quote]

Hey Papafritas I do not trade games here. I do not even sell my own games I am a packrat.

Get a life

I have been a member here for almost 6 months and have no issues here.

I am just here to check out what everyone is up to and to talk games.

The person who I dealt with did not pay me for shipping and received their item after PAYING me for shipping on the item.

They had sent money for a Street Fighter 3 Third Strike arcade game and refused to pay shipping.

The buyers name is Dayne McDonald in Australia and is a known Rip off artist who delays paying for items and delivering on sold goods. I do not deal with arcade games anymore because of people like yourself and Dayne.

I would rather stick to what I do now.

Try doing a search on him on the neo forums.

My ebay ID boasts nothing buy postive feedback 100 percent why don't you do a quick search on that.

You are posting baseless crap based on RUMORS that people have set upon the internet.

Its kind of like JESUS people believe what they read dont they?

For anyone who's interested, I am trying to trade off Dead Rising. It is complete & has only been played twice. I am looking for the following games:

CoD 3 (360)
Dead Or Alive Extreme 2 (highest want)
Excite Truck
Dreamcast or Saturn games

LMK if u r interested.

Hey hey Tampa Bay people.

Finally got myself a new job, but still in the same field as the last one ;) I'm working at EB at Tyrone Mall now, I should start sometime next week. I won't be doing alot, just working one day a week to start but come in, say hi sometime!

[quote name='Roufuss']Hey hey Tampa Bay people.

Finally got myself a new job, but still in the same field as the last one ;) I'm working at EB at Tyrone Mall now, I should start sometime next week. I won't be doing alot, just working one day a week to start but come in, say hi sometime![/QUOTE]

Congrats on the job, dude.

bread's done
Back