Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='slickkill77']Anyone live in st pete or just happen to go/ work at the eb games in baywalk (downtown) a lot. If you do can you pm me if they get any cool stands or boxes. Like the ones game companies give them to promote games. (Sorry if that sounded confusing)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the employees get dibs on all of those.

And no, I go to the EB in Tyrone Mall, they have an awesome staff, they get new releases as soon as they open (picked up Tales of the Abyss at 10 am today) and it's a nice store.

I've been to that Baywalk one a few times, and I can never find a decent place to park, and the store just seems kind of unorganized... to be honest, I'm really surpirsed they haven't closed it down yet, I can't imagine it doing alot of business in the area where it's at.

What's weird is that, other than that EB, there is NO Gamestop or EB anywhere near the lower Saint Petersburg region... you think that would be a prime place to put one since there is NOWHERE around that to buy games except for that Target all the way up on 9th street.

I've always wondered why they didn't plop a Gamestop in one of those strip malls, it would make a killing as there are a ton of houses around 1st street and 38th avenue, it's a rich neighboorhood for the most part, and people don't want to drive 15 minutes to the mall to get a game.

THe guy that works there just said they get snatched up pretty quick. You usually have to be there the first day they are out and mark your territory. Are you kiding though. It in the middle of baywalk. So many kids go there every weekend they get plenty of buisness

If anyone is looking for any specific 360 / PSP games at our Gamerush's (they ones on sale are real cheap!) either ask here, or PM me, because I went to all three Saint Petersburg stores so I know exactly what each of them have.

Im looking for a wavebird controller for GC, new or used (whichever is cheaper). Both the Northpoint GS & the Land o Lakes GR had one sitting for months, but when i actually want to buy it, its gone... Ill probably call the Citrus Park EB/GS's tomorrow so i can stop by during lunch, but if anyone else can help me, i'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone is looking for any specific 360 / PSP games at our Gamerush's (they ones on sale are real cheap!) either ask here, or PM me, because I went to all three Saint Petersburg stores so I know exactly what each of them have.[/QUOTE]

Funny that you made a trip out to the Game Rush stores and reported what you found when you felt the need to comment that the deals weren't worth it when I posted my findings on Page 15 of this thread ...

Just wanted to give my fellow TPA/STP CAG'ers a first chance. . .
Selling SMS:Nocturne and DDS1; both are complete and in superb condition
Also selling a copy of MVC (ps1) and Darkstalkers (ps1)
Any suggestions? Any takers?

[quote name='leadfootedfool']What's on sale for the psp?? Specifically looking for katamari, and the classic collections.[/QUOTE]

The Capcom Classic Collection? That's $19.99 at Best Buy now, I think the one in Saint Pete has a few copies... only $14.99 after GGC.

Katamari is $20 at Gamerush, and I think it was at every GR I went to, but I know for sure the 34th Street South store had 1 or 2 copies in a glass case. Might want to call and double check before making the trip, though, but I know that's one GR that had a metric ton of PSP games.

This thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109452

Has all the PSP sale games.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']Thanks, I flipped through the last 5 pages of that thread, but didn't think to look at the first page DOH![/QUOTE]

Haha, it's cool. If you are going to go after PSP games go for the 34th Street South store and the 9th Street North stores... the 49th street north store has some stuff but not nearly the selection of the other two stores.

Tell me what you're looking for and I can tell you what these places have.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone is looking for any specific 360 / PSP games at our Gamerush's (they ones on sale are real cheap!) either ask here, or PM me, because I went to all three Saint Petersburg stores so I know exactly what each of them have.[/quote]
It's not a 360/PSP game, but did you happen to see any Shadow Hearts: FTNW out there? I probably should have gone looking for one by now, but I've hesitated because I suspect that I'll see it under $20 soon enough.

[quote name='elmyra']It's not a 360/PSP game, but did you happen to see any Shadow Hearts: FTNW out there? I probably should have gone looking for one by now, but I've hesitated because I suspect that I'll see it under $20 soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't remember seeing this one at all... alot of the PS2 new game stock at these stores are pretty much cleaned out.

It might be worth it calling Clearwater and seeing what they have, though. I found the easiest way to do it is to call one store, and then get the part number for the item so you just have to call Blockbuster and give them an item # (which is how my friend was able to call a few GR's to find a 360 game, made it alot easier).

I'd try the Port Richey store too... nobody goes to that one.

[quote name='spiderdog']Roufuss:
Which GR Stores are there here in St.Pete and Clwr.
Which are the best in order?[/QUOTE]

Ok... here's the ones in Saint Petersburg:

1) 4th Street North and like...um... 82nd Avenue North. It's past that Wendy's, you'll see it as you go. This store has really friendly staff and a pretty decent selection.

2) 34th Street South and 49th Avenue South (about, again, I don't know EXACT locations). The one is past the Wal-Mart and the K-Mart, it's right past a Pizza Hut around there. This one also has friendly staff from my experiences, and has a huge selection of new and used games.

3) 49th Street North and Park Ave. This one is an exact address ;) I don't really like this store... the staff have always been rude and don't really seem to care about their job, and their stock really isn't as good as the other two stores. We almost got denied getting games at the right price because "the tag said $60". I only go in here because it's close to my friends house, but in my 3 + years of dealing with Gamerush this is the worst store.

I would say there is no order to how I like the stores... I don't like GR as a whole, but I'd say the first two stores at least TRY to do a good job with what they are given. I've only been to the Clearwater stores once or twice, here's where they are, I may be wrong -

1) I think this one is on Gulf to Bay Blvd off of US 19. This one usually has a horrible game selection, I've never found anything I've wanted at it, so I've only been a few times.

2) This one is on Enterprise Road off of US 19. This one has a decent stock, it's a big store, nice staff, I like this store too.

Now, if you really want to get adventurous, you can always try the Port Richey store, as no one on Earth hits up that one.

I will say this, if someone wants a cheap brand new copy of Gradius Collection for PSP I think it's $15 (maybe $20, you'll have to check) at the 34th Street South Gamerush.

It's the only one I saw out of the three stores, and there is just one left, and it's an awesome game if you're a shooter fan.

I bought X-Men Legends 2 today at Gamerush. I work at Ceridian (next to Wally World) and I am alowed to play my PSP at work. Unfortunately, my PSP is 1.5 and X-Men Legends II is a 2.0 game. Anyone know what the latest crack is for as I havent been able to play my Alpha 3 Max yet either (got it at a pawn shop for $13 a month after release). I still want to play my emulation.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I bought X-Men Legends 2 today at Gamerush. I work at Ceridian (next to Wally World) and I am alowed to play my PSP at work. Unfortunately, my PSP is 1.5 and X-Men Legends II is a 2.0 game. Anyone know what the latest crack is for as I havent been able to play my Alpha 3 Max yet either (got it at a pawn shop for $13 a month after release). I still want to play my emulation.[/QUOTE]

Devhook has been doing stuff up to about 2.71 I think... you should look into it, I don't know all the specifics about it, but I know alot of people swear by it.

Basacially Devhook lets a 1.5 PSP think it's a higher firmware.

[quote name='Roufuss']Actually, I don't remember seeing this one at all... alot of the PS2 new game stock at these stores are pretty much cleaned out.

It might be worth it calling Clearwater and seeing what they have, though. I found the easiest way to do it is to call one store, and then get the part number for the item so you just have to call Blockbuster and give them an item # (which is how my friend was able to call a few GR's to find a 360 game, made it alot easier).

I'd try the Port Richey store too... nobody goes to that one.[/quote]

Ah, thanks for the info. I guess I'll call just in case, but I still have the feeling that this game is going to drop even further at stores like Circuit City.

[quote name='elmyra']Ah, thanks for the info. I guess I'll call just in case, but I still have the feeling that this game is going to drop even further at stores like Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

Probably like the first two in the series, it will end up getting dirt cheap and then disappear only to re-emerge as being more expensive.

Roufuss, do any of those GR stores have Burnout for 360? If so, is it $20? The Enterprise Road store is closer for me. I haven't been there yet. I will have to check it out.

[quote name='MGoBlue']Roufuss, do any of those GR stores have Burnout for 360? If so, is it $20? The Enterprise Road store is closer for me. I haven't been there yet. I will have to check it out.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Enterprise but every GR in Saint Petersburg has Burnout for 360 and it's $20.

Does anyone know where I can get Master System and 3DO games in the Bay Area? I have yet to find a reliable place for good 3DO games (not that there were many of them) and I bought a Master System at a thrift store (complete, $25) yesterday and I am looking for Phantasy, Shinobi, and Ninja Gaiden (England). Anyone know if the console is region free?

I also bought Lunar Magic School (Saturn) off ebay (good and cheap), anyone ever paly this before and know where I can get the best possible translation?

[quote name='Otherguy676']Does anyone know where I can get Master System and 3DO games in the Bay Area? I have yet to find a reliable place for good 3DO games (not that there were many of them) and I bought a Master System at a thrift store (complete, $25) yesterday and I am looking for Phantasy, Shinobi, and Ninja Gaiden (England). Anyone know if the console is region free?

I also bought Lunar Magic School (Saturn) off ebay (good and cheap), anyone ever paly this before and know where I can get the best possible translation?[/QUOTE]

The only place I knew of that sold Master System games closed down a few months ago. We used to have ALOT of stores that specialized in old video game sales, but they've all closed down; I guess it's just not profitable.

Your best bet is the same old shit we always do: flea markets, thrift stores, pawn shops.

Back in the day though there was a shop where you could have easily have gotten those three Master System games plus a ton more. The dude completely got out of the video gaming business though, I knew he sold his excess stock but I don't know where.

If you find a reliable place for old games though, that would be awesome, but as far as I know we don't have anything like that... it's weird, Tampa Bay is so big you think we'd at least have something.

If any Tampa-ites are checking out their local CompUSA, can you let me know if they have any copies of F.E.A.R. Director's Cut for the PC?
It is $29 on their website but no delivery and no store pickup.
The Clearwater store is magically out of them (even though they had plenty of copies before the sale).
I'd like to know before driving over the bridge since the store drones are clueless to look.

[quote name='Zimmy']If any Tampa-ites are checking out their local CompUSA, can you let me know if they have any copies of F.E.A.R. Director's Cut for the PC?
It is $29 on their website but no delivery and no store pickup.
The Clearwater store is magically out of them (even though they had plenty of copies before the sale).
I'd like to know before driving over the bridge since the store drones are clueless to look.[/QUOTE]

I think the only two CompUSA's around here are in Tampa, both within 5 minutes from each other. If it helps, the one not on Dale Mabry (if I'm thinking of the right store) is worthless. The one on Hillsborough, it's a really old model store and it's pretty shitty, so that only leaves on decent CompUSA left.

What I would do, is call them, and give the SKU (334717) and just have them look that up in their computer. This way they don't have to screw around with the name of the game or anything... I find this works alot better with people working in retail.

Had a pretty decent pawn shop day on 19 in Pasco county. I got Madden 07 (XBX360) for $15. The pawn shop had about 10 XBX games (including Saint's Row), but I was happy with the new Madden. I also got House of the Dead 2 ($2, DC), Mushashi Samurai Legend ($5, PS2), Mega Man X (SNES,cart only $2), Lord of the Rings Middle Earth 2 complete (PC, $4) and two surprises. I know they aren't worth much because of how common they are but I bought Sealed copies of Ms. Pac Man (2600) and Donkey Kong (7800). They also had Dig Dug, Jr. Pac Man, Joust, Solaris, Galaxian, and a few other others. They were all sealed, not worth anything but I may pick up a few more as trophies for my game collection.

Everyone keep an eye on the Cash America on Nebraska Ave (between Fletcher and Fowler). I just bought Dead or Alive 4 and Dead Rising (both complete) for $6 apiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They also had Perfect Dark Zero and Far Cry for $30 apiece. The very nice lady told me that one of the new pepole must be pricing games wrong. Expect this "problem" to continue and check the store over the next few weeks to see if any other cheap@$$ 360 games come in.

checked that cash america too bad you cleaned it out otherguy (but that was a good find) along with 4 others around the USf area nothing much but the one of fletcher and 15th st had a couple of 360 06 sports games at 20 bucks a pop which could be used for the FYE promotion.

Not much of a choice for TRU's in Tampa, lol. Wouldnt mind picking up a PS3 reserve to sell (i wouldnt mind having the system itself, especially now that $600 is less than a week's wage with my new job; but most likely it'll have its problems like the first run of 360's, so ill wait).

I'll probably drive by in the morning for a Wii reserve (i think they open at 10 or 11 on Sundays). Though i've got faith in Nintendo that i wont have to worry too much about finding one of these on launch day.

I actually went to TRU on Fowler on Oct. 28 (Saturday) to get in on their buy 2 get 1 game free deal. I got there around 11:30AM and there were 3 campers already waiting to get their pre-orders in. Not sure if it was for the Wii or PS3.

Good thing I already got my Wii pre-order thru EB. Although, I might cancel two of the games since Costco will have them for $5 lesser.

I didnt bother to go , figure it'd be too packed. Though im wishing i had at least tried to check, wouldve been worth the $1,250 profit

[quote name='Bezerker']I didnt bother to go , figure it'd be too packed. Though im wishing i had at least tried to check, wouldve been worth the $1,250 profit

Kinda weird that you say there were people camping after the store had already opened...[/quote]

He said that they were camping on Saturday, the day before pre-orders were available. I wonder if people also camped at the St. Pete location.

Well, I lucked into a PS3 Preorder today (20 gig). I finally went to Interbay Electronics in South Tampa and they had 1(!) preorder left. The guy said they were getting 25 in, so I ordered mine. He guarenteed it would be there on release. They've been taking preorders for awhile, I am shocked they still had a slot left. I may sell it becuase I want the 60 gig w/extras instead.

With those kind of stores, theres always just "one left" and i'd highly doubt he'll be getting 25 of them.

Though who knows, he's in south tampa, so he probably has a bunch of people who plan on robbing a few EB's, Gamestops & Best Buys for his stock.

No, I was calling througout the week and he was at 7, then 3, then 1 when I finally went down and got it. Interbay is literally a shack with Mario painted on the side, I dont think they have many regular clientille. He guarenteed me that I would have one on November 17th, so I just think I got extremely lucky. I went into a store that no one knows about and picked up the last preorder. Of course I could be wrong, and then I will have to cancel my preorder, but I think this place is pretty credible. Prices are decent too. Not a wide selection of rare games though.

[quote name='Otherguy676']No, I was calling througout the week and he was at 7, then 3, then 1 when I finally went down and got it. Interbay is literally a shack with Mario painted on the side, I dont think they have many regular clientille. He guarenteed me that I would have one on November 17th, so I just think I got extremely lucky. I went into a store that no one knows about and picked up the last preorder. Of course I could be wrong, and then I will have to cancel my preorder, but I think this place is pretty credible. Prices are decent too. Not a wide selection of rare games though.[/QUOTE]

That "last preorder" was mine originally. He had it set aside, and I went at 10 a.m. yesterday (Nov. 3) to put my deposit down. But it seemed sketchy to me. The contract had misspellings in it, and it clearly stated that you would not get your $100 back in cash if the console didn't come in. Furthermore, he told me specifically that he couldn't guarantee a Nov. 17 delivery. And I read something online about him being charged with fraud, selling stolen goods, etc. And finally, I just can't understand how this guy with this little shack is going to get 25 units in when there's only going to be 400,000 nationwide.

All that said, I hope you get it! Let us know how it turns out.

Contracts with a non-refundable $100, that right there is the perfect reasoning for there to always be "1 left".

Try to sue? You signed a contract.

Good luck though.

[quote name='Bezerker']Contracts with a non-refundable $100, that right there is the perfect reasoning for there to always be "1 left".

Try to sue? You signed a contract.

Good luck though.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought. It was pretty hard to turn away, but I think I made the right decision. I didn't want $100 in store credit at his hole in the wall if it didn't come in. Also, I was skeptical that that hole in the wall would even be there come Nov. 17. And I guess good things come to those who wait — I was able to get in on the 60 gig PS3 preorder on BestBuy.com. My order still says "1 item preordered." Some say "Backordered." So I'm hoping I got in early enough to snag one!

Not worried about the $100, I can dispute it with my credit card company if needed. I personally have heard good feedback through the years at the store. IF it comes in, great, if not, then I'll just have to go through the numbers. The place has been in business for 4 plus years..........

Did anyone else run into the shipping debacle with Gears of War in St. Pete today? I had it preordered at both Circuit City and EB Baywalk, and BOTH did not get their shipments. Finally found a Wal-Mart that had the Collector's Edition, so I'll just have to do an exchange when one of my preorders comes in.

Best Buy got 112 copies in of the regular today... I think they were one of the few retailers around here to get copies.

They didn't have any CE's though.

Tampa Comic Convention is back Sunday November 12th is anyone is interested. It starts at 10am at the Double Tree hotel in Tampa on Cypress Ave.

Interbay electronics is a shady as hell and overpriced

They sell the crappiest games this side of hell.

I went in for a look and saw nothing but junk.

Poor otherguy is only going to get credit for overpriced crap basically on november 17th.

Do not trusty this Scalper of unfortunates.

BTW I am a huge game fan in tampa with a personnal arcade and always down for some Xbox Live play.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hey I remember you from a long time and 2 or 3 forums ago.[/quote]

Yeah I bounce around quite a bit

I just picked up Gears Of War and Contra for Xbox 360 this week.

I am having a blast killing things with all kinds of weapons in online co op on both.

I cannot wait until Metal Slug comes out and Too Human now.

bread's done
Back