Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Just curious if anyone found any of the recent penny guide drops at Best Buy? The one in Saint Pete pulled the guides ASAP... I just bought them off a CAG for $5 shipped for all three, it saves me the gas money and time driving to Clearwater / Tampa.

got DOA4, the Outfit, and NFS MW. Still looking for a DQ8 one, I might have to wait until next month when I hit Ocala on the way to see a friend in Tallahassee. The BB there NEVER pulls their guides and they just sit there for months unnoticed.

Anybody here looking for a 1.5 psp?

I don't really want to sell mine on ebay, and don't really want to upgrade it if somebody local is looking for one.

PM me if you're interested, if not I'll just upgrade it.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']Anybody here looking for a 1.5 psp?

I don't really want to sell mine on ebay, and don't really want to upgrade it if somebody local is looking for one.

PM me if you're interested, if not I'll just upgrade it.[/QUOTE]

Just upgrade it, 2.6's can be downgraded now, I just downgraded mine the other day, so if you regret having a 2.6 can always bump it back down to a 1.5.

Well, the only difference between 1.5 now is the Flash browser and RSS, and with the new 2.71 crack, it wont be long before were able to play flash games and rss feeds on 1.5.

Super Target at 60 and US19 in clearwater had Taiko Drummaster for 9.99. There was 1 left on the shelf and I think some left in back (at least thats what the scanner said).

[quote name='leadfootedfool']Super Target at 60 and US19 in clearwater had Taiko Drummaster for 9.99. There was 1 left on the shelf and I think some left in back (at least thats what the scanner said).[/QUOTE]

Aw damn. Been wanting to check that game out for a while now. :(

[quote name='Koshiba']Aw damn. Been wanting to check that game out for a while now. :([/quote]

Let me clarify. There was 1 left on the shelf, I didn't take the last one. I scanned the one I took, and it said yes to some being in the stockroom also. So there should be at least 2 left.

Roufuss - looked at the clearwater TRU and they had no copies of Tokobot or Midway Arcade Treasures. About the only psp game I saw on sale was Frantix.

Checked for Halo 2 CE and they didn't seem to have any.

I just got back from Best Buy (I 275 and Dale Mabry) and I got a copy of Drill Dozer :gba: for $9.99. Not bad, and I hear really good things about it. They had maybe 4 copies left, and I also saw about 4 copies of Polarium :ds: for $9.99...

I didn't see much else....

I'll be checking the Toys R Us out on Fowler later tonight... I'll let ya'll know....

[quote name='leadfootedfool']Let me clarify. There was 1 left on the shelf, I didn't take the last one. I scanned the one I took, and it said yes to some being in the stockroom also. So there should be at least 2 left.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'll hopefully be able to go check that out tomorrow, if there's any left by then.

I'm going to the Clearwater Comp USA tonight for their sale, I doubt I'll find anything, but I figure they might be clearancing something. That Comp USA really sucks for games.

[quote name='Koshiba']Nice. I'll hopefully be able to go check that out tomorrow, if there's any left by then.[/QUOTE]

Well sadly.. I went there yesterday and apparently there wasn't any left. I didn't see any on any of the shelves and the guy (Who was actually pretty cute though probably gay or doesn't like videogames. Haha.) went to go check in back and didn't find any either. So that kinda sucks since I live out here in Lakeland.

Do any of the other Gamerushes around Tampa have any DS lites left? I ebay'd one that i got at the LoL location and its going for $147.50 with 3 days left (doubt it'll go any higher, im suprised that it went over retail). I'd like to get some more to sell as it seems to be a good way to turn credit into cash.

[quote name='Bezerker']Do any of the other Gamerushes around Tampa have any DS lites left? I ebay'd one that i got at the LoL location and its going for $147.50 with 3 days left (doubt it'll go any higher, im suprised that it went over retail). I'd like to get some more to sell as it seems to be a good way to turn credit into cash.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to wait until Elmyra can answer, because I haven't been to any of the three GR's in months around here, and alot of the other old school Tampa Bay people moved or don't post.

Why don't you just call them? They'll just have to look it up in their computer system, I'd imagine.

[quote name='Bezerker']Do any of the other Gamerushes around Tampa have any DS lites left? I ebay'd one that i got at the LoL location and its going for $147.50 with 3 days left (doubt it'll go any higher, im suprised that it went over retail). I'd like to get some more to sell as it seems to be a good way to turn credit into cash.[/quote]

Like Roufuss said, you'll have to call. I haven't been in any GameRushes in about a week, and the DS Lites tend to sell quickly. I did see one at the Enterprise Road location a week ago, but the box was kind of battered.

[quote name='Koshiba']Well sadly.. I went there yesterday and apparently there wasn't any left. I didn't see any on any of the shelves and the guy (Who was actually pretty cute though probably gay or doesn't like videogames. Haha.) went to go check in back and didn't find any either. So that kinda sucks since I live out here in Lakeland.[/quote]

I hope you didn't drive over from Lakeland just for taiko. I'll check the target by usf on Tuesday for ya.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']I hope you didn't drive over from Lakeland just for taiko. I'll check the target by usf on Tuesday for ya.[/quote]
There's none on the shelf, but my boyfriend (who works at the Fletcher Target) says there may be a couple in the back and he'll check tomorrow.

There was a DS Lite at the Gamerush in St. pete (49th Street?) the other day. I also saw a few at the McMullen Booth/Enterprise Gamerush, but that was a week ago.

In other news, if anyone collects Comics there are 2 new dealers at the Oldsmar flea market that do dollar deals. One is the guy who owned Hooked on Comix (before he sold out to Demolition) and he is liquidating what he has left. I pulled out (in decent shape for a buck)
U Xmen 107 - Wizard value $75
U Xmen 140 - Wizard Value $40
Wolverine 1 (1989) - Wizard Value $40

Def worth checking out, guy is all the way in the back few rows so he doesnt get a lot of traffic.

There are a bunch of Taiko drummasters at the Target on Fletcher and Bruce B Downs, but they are all in the back with no intention of being put out. So you have to ask someone for them and they are in fact ringing up at 10 dollars. My boyfriend, Jonathan, knows where they are in the back if you happen to see him while he's working.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']There are a bunch of Taiko drummasters at the Target on Fletcher and Bruce B Downs, but they are all in the back with no intention of being put out. So you have to ask someone for them and they are in fact ringing up at 10 dollars. My boyfriend, Jonathan, knows where they are in the back if you happen to see him while he's working.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I was just in Tampa recently. And probably won't be able to go back for a while. Well, if anyone finds any, can anyone pick me up a copy or 2? (I say two since I might want a second copy for a second drum.)

Found a XBX Marvel vs Capcom 2 at a EZ Pawn this morning. Bought for $10 to use as trade fodder. The pawn shops have been dry for me lately so hopefully this is the beginning of a string of several good finds.

EDIT: Man, I gues today was the start of several good finds. On.e of my fraternity brothers convinced me to go back to a few pawn shops I went to earlier and I ended up finding a MINT Final Fantasy VII (GH) Complete for $10 (bought for $5) and a XBX Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy game for $6. Hopefully I this string of luck will continue for a little while.

[quote name='Koshiba']Crap, I was just in Tampa recently. And probably won't be able to go back for a while. Well, if anyone finds any, can anyone pick me up a copy or 2? (I say two since I might want a second copy for a second drum.)[/quote]

Picked you up a copy. It took forever for them to find it and when I asked for another one, the grumpy old man working there said there was only 1.

4th Street Gamerush had a few clearance games left. At least 2 copies of polarium for 7.50 and a few other games for $5. I saw at least 4 128 memory sticks there also.

The hits keep on coming this week as I got a Illusion of Gaia (Complete) and a cart only Harvest Moon 64 for $25 today (together). Next week the dealer stated they would bring in some more RPGs.

Has anyone been to Rhino for the sale yet? I keep thinking of going but havent yet.

Yea, I've been checking back periodically at Rhino. They have a good amount of PSP games on Clearance, including Metal Gear Acid 2 for 9.99 new. EXIT was 9.99, Street Figther was 14.99, Tokobot was 14.99, Kindgom Legend (or something like that) was 29.99, and some other games. I think Mega Man was 29.99. For the DS, they only really had Top Spin 2 for 9.99. They also have a huge amount of accessories and the such for dirt cheap. I highly recommend you go and check it out either way.

The SF Arcade Stick for PS2 / Xbox is now $29.99... I got the last copy while I was up in Port Richey but I know the EB in Tyrone Mall had one for the longest time.... it might still be there.

Went to Rhino today and got a Rainbow Six Critical Hour for $4.50. I just missed the last Generation of Chaos for $14.50. They still have Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max for $15 if anyone wants it.

Im going to Tallahassee next weekend, I plan on hitting some Rhinos (Ocala, Gainsville, Lake City) on the way up, if you want Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, I can look for you. I intend on looking for Generations of Chaos, so I l be stopping anyways.

For anyone looking for some possible used finds. The Northpoint (Dale Mabry) Gamestop has about 300 used games yet to be shelved that have been traded in within the past 2 days

Didnt have the time to look through them, but i did grab the Wolf's Rain Vol 1-7 & artbox that someone had just traded in. $29.99 was the tag price (pretty damn good for a 7disc series w/ box). Card knocked it down to $26.99 and i paid with Gamerush credit conversions, so it only cost me around $10-13 cash.

[quote name='wil919']Yea, I've been checking back periodically at Rhino. They have a good amount of PSP games on Clearance, including Metal Gear Acid 2 for 9.99 new. EXIT was 9.99, Street Figther was 14.99, Tokobot was 14.99, Kindgom Legend (or something like that) was 29.99, and some other games. I think Mega Man was 29.99. For the DS, they only really had Top Spin 2 for 9.99. They also have a huge amount of accessories and the such for dirt cheap. I highly recommend you go and check it out either way.[/quote]

Wow, those are amazing prices on MGA2 and Street Fighter.

Yea, I thought so too... I picked up MGA2, but hesitated on Street Fighter and then went back a week later to pick it up...

Granted, they were sold out..... looks like I'll be playing SF Alpha 3 on my DS/GBA instead...

[quote name='wil919']Yea, I thought so too... I picked up MGA2, but hesitated on Street Fighter and then went back a week later to pick it up...

Granted, they were sold out..... looks like I'll be playing SF Alpha 3 on my DS/GBA instead...[/quote]

Do they still have the MGA2? Can anyone pick it up for me. I just picked up MGA for 20 bucks 2 weeks ago at ToysRus and considered it a deal (and a fun game at that). Although, I'm not so sure about the Cel Shaded look in the sequel.

Edit: Is the nearest Rhino store from Clearwater the one on Gunn Highway?

The nearest store is the one on Gunn Highway.

The next closest one is zephyrhills which I managed to snag the last copy of Street Fighter at. I also picked up a Neo Geo Pocket Color with 6 games for $20. About the only downfall was a fuckin long drive.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Im going to Tallahassee next weekend, I plan on hitting some Rhinos (Ocala, Gainsville, Lake City) on the way up, if you want Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, I can look for you. I intend on looking for Generations of Chaos, so I l be stopping anyways.[/quote]
I managed to pick up Street Fighter, but if you could find a Me and My Katamari for PSP, I'll pay cash money asap. I think it's down to 9.50 so I'm guessing they're probably all gone.

Ill check when Im up there. Lake City is a good bet as people ignore it all the time. A employee there told me (last summer) that a Panzer Dragoon Saga sat there for a few weeks before the owner bought it, not realizing it was in stock.

On a side note, I just picked up Liberty City Stories for PSP for $14.99 at Circuit City... sweet!

Rhino is sold ouit of MGA2... sorry :(

On another side note, I had fun with this CC PC games glitch at our local Circuit City's while it lasted.

Clearwater for the win!

Didn't make it to Tallahssee because of some gf trouble so I never hit the Rhino's. I did pawn shop for a bit today and got Gunstar Heroes (Genesis) w/box, several decent $3 PS2/XBX games, and Burnout Revenge 360 for $10. Pawn shop also had Ghost Recon 360, I hope to pick that up for $10-$15 on Monday.

I left a $3 Forza, and a $3 Magic Battlegrounds at the Cash America on Nebraska between Busch and Fowler if anyone is interested. Too bad that one guy sold those Lufias he was holding for me................

For anyone looking to cash in on the $15 Xbox 360 harddrive, the Walmart on the corner of Bearss/Dale Mabry doesnt have any. The target accross the street has one, but they dont price match anymore.

Anyone have any luck at anywhere else? I'm probably gonna wait til later tonight (after Sears closes) to try some other Walmarts, then go to Best Buy/Circuit City tomorrow, but by then the harddrives'll probably be gone.

The 360 Hard Drive misprint was a no-go at the St. Pete CC either. The sales manager, Brett, actually said, and I quote, "They have me beat. I can't match that price, and I won't do it." Of course, the price match policy says nothing about that escape clause, but I didn't fight too much.

Yea, i gave up, didnt bother going to any other Walmarts, or BB/CC.

Still might price match King Kong @ best buy so i can use some reward certs & gain some trade fodder for FYE.

[quote name='lyric706']The 360 Hard Drive misprint was a no-go at the St. Pete CC either. The sales manager, Brett, actually said, and I quote, "They have me beat. I can't match that price, and I won't do it." Of course, the price match policy says nothing about that escape clause, but I didn't fight too much.[/QUOTE]

When it comes to price matching, I think I've literally destroyed that store since I do it so much.

It's alot easier to just go to Clearwater.

[quote name='Roufuss']When it comes to price matching, I think I've literally destroyed that store since I do it so much.

It's alot easier to just go to Clearwater.[/QUOTE]

"Destroyed it?" What exactly does that mean? It was a long shot that they'd price match the obvious printing error. I never have had problems price-matching legitimate deals at CC.

Has anyone seen any Suikoden Tactics at any of the local CCs? Ive been looking for it, but my work schedule does not allow me the time to go hunting for it.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Has anyone seen any Suikoden Tactics at any of the local CCs? Ive been looking for it, but my work schedule does not allow me the time to go hunting for it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, and I was just in three CC's yesterday all up and down US 19, for various reasons.

bread's done
Back