Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='Gpig']I just checked the Clearwater CC that's 2 miles from me to see if they had Exit. No dice, I also asked about pirates and mercenaries. I looked at the DS/GBA area and it looked like everything was gone except the same copy of Wario Ware and FF1&2 were still there that have been there since the beginning. The thing that puzzles me is who bought the 5 Guilty Gear Dust Strikers but not Wario Ware? Actually, just who would buy Guilty Gear Dust Strikers.[/QUOTE]

From what my girlfriend told me, according to the CC computer there are 4 copies of Exit in the store, 3 after I bought mine. The employees had no clue why they were in the back or why they were $8.96 so that's how she manged to get it for me.

Come July 2nd, or if you can get an employee to get it early, there still should be 3 more in that store.

Everything was probably gone at the Clearwater store because they pulled the games.

[quote name='Roufuss']From what my girlfriend told me, according to the CC computer there are 4 copies of Exit in the store, 3 after I bought mine. The employees had no clue why they were in the back or why they were $8.96 so that's how she manged to get it for me.

Come July 2nd, or if you can get an employee to get it early, there still should be 3 more in that store.

Everything was probably gone at the Clearwater store because they pulled the games.[/quote]

No, I mean I had them check the computer. This is the Clearwater store, not the St. Pete one though.

Apparently Ape Escape is cheap too. I might have to go back and look for it, heh. Someone said Ape Escape is designed for dualshock controllers, so I don't know.

[quote name='Gpig']
Apparently Ape Escape is cheap too. I might have to go back and look for it, heh. Someone said Ape Escape is designed for dualshock controllers, so I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Ape Escape was one of the games built around the then new dual analog controller... not sure if that would translate well on the PSP at all.

If anything, wait until July 2nd, go to Saint Pete, and get Exit there.

If anyone finds an Ape Escape PSP, hide a copy and PM me where you hid it ;)

No one knows any good stores that sell import games or accessories, do they? It seems stupid that Tampa is so huge and not only do we not have a store like that, we don't even have any indy game stores that I know of.

Indy stores don't last long. We had an Indy store in Countryside Mall that had tournaments and what not and every used game on earth but it only lasted like a year. Of course a mall isn't a great place for an Indy game store. Indy game stores should open next to hobby shops, where the location is cheap but not that bad.

The Indy store in the Countryside mall was $EXPENSIVE$. I went there a number of times looking for Saturn TBGX-16 games. Everytime I found something that I wanted, the price would keep m away. Think high ebay prices with another 25% added.

[quote name='Otherguy676']The Indy store in the Countryside mall was $EXPENSIVE$. I went there a number of times looking for Saturn TBGX-16 games. Everytime I found something that I wanted, the price would keep m away. Think high ebay prices with another 25% added.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that place was VERY expensive, I know exactly of the store you speak of. The only reason they got away with the insane prices were because they were the only store that sold older games.

You know, when they first started, their prices weren't half bad, but later on they just jacked all the prices up sky high. They generally had a shit selection, too.

yeah, I remeber their $120 copy of the Saturn X-Men vs Street Fighter with 4/meg cart. I almost bought a import Saturn Symphony of the night for $50 from them but the disc was heavily scratched. They had a second store somewhere in Pinellas, but I dont remeber where.

Anyway, anyone seen an Advance Wars DS at a CC. I went to the New Tampa store today and the employee said there were 4 instock. He was very helpful and tore apart the game section looking for a copy and then went in the back and couldn't find one. He said they hadn't pulled anything yet but that some employees have been holding games. He wanted a few himself so I showed him the list. Needless to say, hopefully we'll have a new Tampa CAG that has a connection at CC. Guy was extremely helpful.

[quote name='Otherguy676']yeah, I remeber their $120 copy of the Saturn X-Men vs Street Fighter with 4/meg cart. I almost bought a import Saturn Symphony of the night for $50 from them but the disc was heavily scratched. They had a second store somewhere in Pinellas, but I dont remeber where.

Anyway, anyone seen an Advance Wars DS at a CC. I went to the New Tampa store today and the employee said there were 4 instock. He was very helpful and tore apart the game section looking for a copy and then went in the back and couldn't find one. He said they hadn't pulled anything yet but that some employees have been holding games. He wanted a few himself so I showed him the list. Needless to say, hopefully we'll have a new Tampa CAG that has a connection at CC. Guy was extremely helpful.[/QUOTE]

There was 1 or 2 at the Saint Petersburg CC the moment the sale hit a few days ago, but I guarantee those are long gone by now.

The second store that shitty indy place had was somewhere in Brandon... I remember going a long time ago. Hell, I had a friend that actually worked there!

There was a store here called Apeman Video Games, the owner was awesome and would frequently hook me up with deals on rare games and his pricing was great, and it had a great atmosphere in there. However, it had a HORRIBLE location at9th Street and like... 72nd Street. Yea, it was smack in the middle of a neighboorhood next to a laundromat and a conveinence store.

He basacially only got kids trading in games and, from what I saw, didn't get the word spread about the store so only his regulars were keeping him afloat, and eventually he wasn't making enough at the location to justify staying open.

[quote name='bgtbbum']Does the SRQ qualify as Tampa Bay or not?[/quote]
"SRQ" is Sarasota/Bradenton, right? I'd call that part of Tampa Bay. Are there a lot of CAGs/ Fatwalleteers/etc. down there, or do the deals hang around a while?

I work down in Bradenton and live in St. Pete, so I'm down there every day. The deals seem to stick around a little longer than in St. Pete or Tampa, but there hasn't been really anything mind-blowing enough to warrant a trip if you weren't already heading that way for something else.

I've been asking this in the main Circuit City thread but to no avail. Does anyone know if the games go back on sale on the 2nd or the 4th? If it's the 4th I'll still be able to hit that should have meteos/Mario vs DK if it's the 2nd I'll be out of town. I guess there's nothing I can really do if it does go on sale on the 2nd, but I'd still like to know ahead of time.

[quote name='Gpig']I've been asking this in the main Circuit City thread but to no avail. Does anyone know if the games go back on sale on the 2nd or the 4th? If it's the 4th I'll still be able to hit that should have meteos/Mario vs DK if it's the 2nd I'll be out of town. I guess there's nothing I can really do if it does go on sale on the 2nd, but I'd still like to know ahead of time.[/QUOTE]

It's July 2nd, the day the ad comes out.

weird double post, gave me an error the first time. Whoops.

edit: I think I'll go down to that Circuit City tomorrow and ask if I can get Mario vs DK and Meteos. Hmm and exit too.

Oh, I forgot to mention that piece of shit Cash America on 34th St and 9th ave got in a ton of PSP games today.

Here's the kicker, they want $25 a piece for them, including games like Virtua Tennis and PSP Movies like Hitch, and they wouldn't budge on price (I tried to get a few games at $15 each in bulk) because "these games retail for $50 in the store".

Maybe a store on Mars.

Here's the list:

Midway Arcade Treasures
Death Jr
Legend of Heroes
Virtua Tennis

Some other garbage I don't remember... all these games can be had for $25 new with a GGC at Best Buy, the same price used at Gamestop with a better return policy, or just cheaper brand new.

That Cash America is expensive but they get desperate quick. Ive offered extremely offers that they took (such as $6 for a $15 game). Just wait a bit and theyll sell for cheap.

[quote name='Otherguy676']That Cash America is expensive but they get desperate quick. Ive offered extremely offers that they took (such as $6 for a $15 game). Just wait a bit and theyll sell for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I tried haggling, but they just seemed dead set against it because the games "retail for $50" and "the PSP is a hot item".

I mean, cmon, PSP movies for $25? Someone there is smoking crack.

[quote name='Roufuss']"these games retail for $50 in the store".[/quote]
That must be what the guy who shoplifted them said before he pawned them at that store.

Some of these things are so obvious. Like air conditioners, what window is easier to climb in than one with an Air conditioner in it, hell, why not take the AC too and pawn it. Or seeing 1 and only 1 tire with a really nice rim on it. Seems like someone called the popo before the 2nd would come off :p.

[quote name='Bezerker']That must be what the guy who shoplifted them said before he pawned them at that store.

Some of these things are so obvious. Like air conditioners, what window is easier to climb in than one with an Air conditioner in it, hell, why not take the AC too and pawn it. Or seeing 1 and only 1 tire with a really nice rim on it. Seems like someone called the popo before the 2nd would come off :p.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

This place used to be good on deals, but I guess new management or something took over because all their games are $10 - $20, even total garbage games most pawns sell for $5.

I figured if I offered to throw down $15 per game and buy 3 or 4 games they would do it, I was just dumbfounded that they expect them to sell for $25 a pop. Virtua Tennis is only $20 BRAND NEW!!!

You hear about pawns who check Gamestop / Ebay for pricing, but this pawn just seems to pull random numbers out of its ass.

There's a pawn shop here that has been trying to sell DS games for 35. Mario Kart, World Poker Tour and I think Mario 64. I point and laugh everytime.

[quote name='MGoBlue']I got a copy of Exit at the Citrus Park CC. It was the only one I saw.[/quote]

I picked up a copy of Exit yesterday at Citrus Park also. I was planning on going to the one store north of me to see if I could get Meteos/Mario vs DK, but decided after going to Citrus Park that I didn't feel like driving for another hour round trip just for the possible chance of getting it.

Exit is quite cool though. I'm not sure when you went, but I called ahead and they said they had 3 copies left, but I could only find the copy I got when I was there.

Looking at the games there, shouldn't Metal Gear Acid be part of the sale by now? It was a launch game. I know I could have picked it up for 10 from toysrus online, but I hesitated until it wasn't on sale anymore.

I just got back from CC in Citrus Park, seems they moved most of the stuff to the back, the $8.96 list stuff that was on the shelf was marked as $29.99. There were a lot of ppl on the lines so i didnt bother to see if it automatically marked down.

Like stated in the CC thread (and other places) Sunday is when the games will be put back out there. Guess ill be showing up when they open.

[quote name='morachris']checked out the circuit city in clearwater and tyrone. all 8.96 completely empty.[/quote]

I thought they didnt open til 10?

[quote name='morachris']no i meant yesterday[/quote]

That would make sense since the games were all moved to the back to be put out today.

Just got back from the Dale Mabry & Citrus Park CC's, i came out like a bandit, heres what i got:

Combat Elite (2x PS2 & XBX)
Flatout (1 PS2, 2x XBX)
Driver Parallel Lines (2x PS2 & XBX)
Castlevania (1x PS2 & XBX)
Nightmare Before Christmas (1x PS2)
Marc Ecko's Getting up (2x PS2)
Chicken Litte (2x XBX)
Fight Night Round 2 (GC)

Both stores had more copies of all the games i bought (except for Nightmare Before Christmas, Fight Night & Chicken Little), and tons of GBA/NDS games. Only the Dale Mabry location had PSP games (Spiderman 2 & NBA street).

[quote name='morachris']checked out the circuit city in clearwater and tyrone. all 8.96 completely empty.[/QUOTE]

Those two stores were hit hard even before they moved the games to the back, so I wouldn't expect alot of stuff there even today.

Sarasota's Circuit City had some good stuff leftover this morning.

There were a few Puzzle League/Dr. Mario's and a single copy of Metroid Pinball and Final Fantasy I&II. Not much other badass things inthere, but I snagged me a copy of Dig Dug Digging Strike and Metroid Pinball.

Although I'll never find Drill Dozer or Sonic Battle :( .

I was shocked that Bruce B Downs and Brandon CCs had games when I showed up around 330 (I was nursing a hangover in the morning). I bought 9 games for $90 and went off to Gamerush and got a $330 credit. I was shocked I got this much and immediatly used it for a 360 core (my friend had already given me a extra Hard Drive he had). I left plenty of copies of Flatout and other high trade in games at CC (Bruce B Downs and Brandon had over 10 Flatouts when I got there, only bought two at each store) so if you want to build some credit, check it out.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I was shocked that Bruce B Downs and Brandon CCs had games when I showed up around 330 (I was nursing a hangover in the morning). I bought 9 games for $90 and went off to Gamerush and got a $330 credit. I was shocked I got this much and immediatly used it for a 360 core (my friend had already given me a extra Hard Drive he had). I left plenty of copies of Flatout and other high trade in games at CC (Bruce B Downs and Brandon had over 10 Flatouts when I got there, only bought two at each store) so if you want to build some credit, check it out.[/quote]
Could you post a scan of your GameRush receipt(s), or at least give us a breakdown of what games you traded and what you got for each? Did you trade them all at one store, and which GameRush store/stores did you go to? There is no way you should have gotten that much credit for any of the games that were on sale at CC; $330/9=$36.66 average, which is insane. You must have been the lucky recipient of a massive error at GameRush.

I also used 2x Spawn games that Ive had for awhile ($2 apiece at CC sale last year) and bought 10 not 9 games (2 of the 10 were the Zelda/Pitfall double pack that traded in really nicely, so technically I bought 12 games). Price fluxuations on the Zelda game as WC said it was worth $1 and Land O Lakes had it worth $15. Call ahead as I think because the bar code is blocked off (from being a double pack) that it gets confused with NGC version.

No one could answer me in the Gamerush thread, so ill ask here. I have 5 games that were too scratched up for GR to take (little scratches, none that you can physically feel on the disc). I was wondering if Hollywood's $1.00 resurfacing will make them look better (or at least good enough to trade in to GR/EB). I tried to scan a couple of the games, but the scratches wont show.

I was wondering if someone else had gone to the Land O Lakes/Wesley Chapel GR's yesterday. One girl i know at the LoL location looked at my games, looked at me, then said "Circuit City?" (so yea, not sure if she already knew about this deal, or a troll spilled the beans). Then this fat otaku guy at the WC said "Gee, we sure have been getting a lot of Flatouts today".

Just traded a bunch of the $2 kmart games at the gamerush in Clearwater and got between $1 and $3 with the majority of them being $2.50. Not bad with the $5 extra per game.

I just got back, is it worth going up to the Port Richey CC to look for Mario vs DK tonight or tomorrow morning? I figure the Meteos is gone though.

[quote name='Gpig']I just got back, is it worth going up to the Port Richey CC to look for Mario vs DK tonight or tomorrow morning? I figure the Meteos is gone though.[/QUOTE]

I don't know.. they had 7 or 8 copies but I imagine they were the first to go. The CC here in Saint Petersburg was pretty much wiped out of every good game and people were STILL digging through the bins when I went tonight.

Chick at Land O Lakes was reffering to me. The guy at WC is Doug and he is aware of the sale and told me he thought it was funny. He was joking with me that this CC sale will probably finally make them sell the 360s that they've ad for a few weeks. I told it will and then bought one:)

I say we use this thread as a reference point for this TRU clearance sale, since different stores are clearancing different things at different percentages.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']I can check the clearwater one later tonight or tomorrow if they're open.[/QUOTE]

I think the sale starts Wednesday.

[quote name='Roufuss']I say we use this thread as a reference point for this TRU clearance sale, since different stores are clearancing different things at different percentages.[/quote]
I'd offer to check St. Pete, but I'm sure you'll already have that covered. ;)

It'll be nice not having to drive all the way down Dale Mabry to get to a TRU sale.

Ill probably check out the Fowler ave & Brandon Mall stores.

Here's a lowdown of the $9.99 - $19.99 games left at Saint Petersburg Best Buy.

Drakengard 2 - none left, I bought the last copy
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones PS2 - none left, I bought the last copy
Battles of Prince of Persia DS ($9.99) - At least 4 or 5 left
Drill Dozer $9.99 - At least 3 or 4 left

I didn't see The Warriors, either. I also didn't see Trapt or Death Jr.

Went to the clearwater TRU.

Saw a whole bunch of 19.99 and 29.99 sales tags. No great deals if the stickers are right.

The only thing I had price checked was Taiko and it was 34.99.

I went to Salvation Army today and bought a Disc Only Daytona USA (SAT) for $2 (already have the manual and little cardboard case from mine). When I checked out I noticed there was another CD in the case and it turned out to be a scratched but playable NIGHTs into Dreams. Not bad for $2, the NIGHTs made it a great deal since the game is becoming very hard to find, i havent seen a copy in a store in years.

Nah, didnt bother to go.

Anyone know of any Blockbusters that still have a decent amount of clearance (non sports-wrestling) for $5 and under?

bread's done
Back