Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Also have a Gamecube and Dreamcast.....not interested in 360 or PSP. Too expensive for too little entertainment value in my book.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Riveria is pretty easy to spot at Gamestop and Ebgames. I've seen a number of used/complete copies for $25.[/QUOTE]

Riviera is only $19.99 at Gamestop... or should be, unless they raised the price, since that's how much I paid for mine awhile ago.

According to the locator, both stores (EB / GS) at the Largo Mall have it, as well as the EB on Dale Mabry off 275 next to Best Buy.

Finally went up to the Citrus Park Rhino Games the other day and picked up some good $1.99 guides: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (X360), Super Mario 64 (N64), Finaly Fantasy XI 2003 Edition, Super Mario Advance SMB2 and Ninja Gaiden Black.

I also wanted to mention that the Game Rush on Gulf to Bay had a few Logitech XBOX wireless controllers on the rack. I bought a few at the Blockbuster on 38th Ave. N. in St. Pete not too long ago for $17.50 after 50% off. The Enterprise GR also has some 1 gig PSP memory sticks. Those are 50% off too, I believe.

[quote name='lyric706']Finally went up to the Citrus Park Rhino Games the other day and picked up some good $1.99 guides: Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (X360), Super Mario 64 (N64), Finaly Fantasy XI 2003 Edition, Super Mario Advance SMB2 and Ninja Gaiden Black.[/QUOTE]

You got that Quake 4 360 guide at Best Buy right?

If you didn't, I'll hook you up with one of my extras.

[quote name='Roufuss']You got that Quake 4 360 guide at Best Buy right?

If you didn't, I'll hook you up with one of my extras.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, but yes, they had plenty of Quake 4s and even a few Condemned guides when I stopped by on Wednesday. Still need a CoD: Big Red One, though.

Does anyone know of where I could get a used or new xbox for cheap in tampa bay? With the ps2 price drop, I might wait to see if xbox will follow suit. Any advice for a Tampa guy?

[quote name='usfbchmguy']Does anyone know of where I could get a used or new xbox for cheap in tampa bay? With the ps2 price drop, I might wait to see if xbox will follow suit. Any advice for a Tampa guy?[/quote]
Pawnshops are good. There's about 15 pawn shops around USF. I think they run about 75-100 at pawns.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Pawnshops are good. There's about 15 pawn shops around USF. I think they run about 75-100 at pawns.[/QUOTE]

My only worry is if I go through a pawn shop, I could be getting someone's POS xbox and I'm stuck with it; at least buying used with gs/eb, I have a window of 3 months to see an error. . .

[quote name='usfbchmguy']My only worry is if I go through a pawn shop, I could be getting someone's POS xbox and I'm stuck with it; at least buying used with gs/eb, I have a window of 3 months to see an error. . .[/quote]
Usually pawn shops say cash back for 7 days, and store credit for 30 days. I bought my PS2 from a pawn shop 4 years ago and it still works. It is of course a risk.

EZ Pawn on the corner of Hillsborough & Nebraska had Xbox's for $89.99 i believe. All their stuff is tested, and i believe has a warranty.

They had Gamecubes for $49.99 or one "as is" for $20. "as is" 64 for $5. No rare games at either EZ Pawn or Cash America on Nebraska.

Not a bad haul for today...

Nintendogs: Best Friends Edition - $22.50
Dance Dance Revolution Disney Mix complete / mint - $44.99
NON GH Castlevania: Symphony of the Night complete / mint - $22.50

The Sam Goody in International Plaza is down to its last 3 days and is at 90% off right now. No games and only a handful of DVDs are left. However, I did pick up 35 different Anime CD soundtracks for $1.49 each!!! I got one of everything they had left, and even then I only took the last copy of 3 or 4 titles. They still had tons left, probably about 30 different titles! I guess nobody there buys Anime soundtracks even when they are that dirt cheap.

Not even sure of everything I got, but once I have a chance to sort through it, I might sell or trade some of the ones I bought on impulse. If anybody was eyeballing any Anime CDs there, let me know.

If you're looking for some Anime CDs, I'd head down there today as I doubt it will drop any lower than 90% unless they plan to do 99% the last day.

I also got the WWE "Jake the Snake: Pick Your Poison" DVD for $3.49 and they had 4 left.

I got the last D.E.B.S. soundtrack and Fozzy CD, so sorry all your Jerichoholics. He is a HUGE rock star!

Jericho is the ayatola of rock-and-rolla. Not to mention a Tampa boy, woot!

I've been meaning to check out the International Plaza location. I'm guessing that means Sunday'll be the last day. I hate having to go that far down Dale Mabry (let alone the mall) on a weekend... I guess if i leave around 9-9:30 i could make decent time.

^^^Not sure what will be left by Sat. or Sun. at International Plaza. Actually, the Anime CDs and a lot of rap CDs are about all they had of anything. (Some of the rap CDs were even pretty recent. Guess the rap music and Anime fan crowd doesn't shop at that mall.) Only the very front of the store is even left open. I hope they still have some left by the time you get there. I have noticed that whenever I post any local Tampa deals, somebody grabs it by the next day. I think Sunday is the last day for the Gulfview Square Sam Goody as well.

I got two doubles in my haste to grab one of each Anime CD, but still getting 35 CDs for about $55 total is a steal!

I actually saw Chris Jericho shopping at Westfield Shoppingtown Citrus Park a couple of years ago around Christmas. Needless to say, I will never......e-e-e-e-e-e-ver be the same AGAIN.

[quote name='GunstarRed']^^^Not sure what will be left by Sat. or Sun. at International Plaza. Actually, the Anime CDs and a lot of rap CDs are about all they had of anything. (Some of the rap CDs were even pretty recent. Guess the rap music and Anime fan crowd doesn't shop at that mall.) Only the very front of the store is even left open. I hope they still have some left by the time you get there. I have noticed that whenever I post any local Tampa deals, somebody grabs it by the next day. I think Sunday is the last day for the Gulfview Square Sam Goody as well.

I got two doubles in my haste to grab one of each Anime CD, but still getting 35 CDs for about $55 total is a steal!

I actually saw Chris Jericho shopping at Westfield Shoppingtown Citrus Park a couple of years ago around Christmas. Needless to say, I will never......e-e-e-e-e-e-ver be the same AGAIN.[/quote]

Its amazing how many wrestlers you can run into in Tampa. Ive met Mike Awesome at Q-zar, Eddie Guerrero(RIP) at Kmart, Dean Malenko at Alphonso's (Pizza place) Jericho at Adventure Island, Bryan Adams at Smoothie King, Big Show at Publix, and Edge at Circuit City (long before he was a usurpurous asshole, Mattitude for life!).

*EDIT*

Just got back from Sam Goody, not much left there, just CD's, couple of crappy DVDs and some torn up Video Game guides. Grabbed a Tehxnolyze OST (as its the only OST they had that ive watched the show its a soundtrack for) ended up being $1.8X after tax, not bad at all. I was kinda hoping for some UMD's, cuz they'd definately be worth it at 90% off, but no luck. That location always had great deals (last time i was there i picked up a Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun shirt for $6 each), shame to see em go.

Hey guys. I scored a Logitech Wireless Headset for XBOX ($49.99 retail) for $12.48 at the Target at 9th Street near Gandy. It was the only one there, but you may have luck at other Targets. Good luck!

[quote name='Bezerker']Got a job interview tomorrow morning at a place by the Waters Ave Target, ill post deals if i find any.[/quote]

Good luck on your interview!

[quote name='lyric706']Hey guys. I scored a Logitech Wireless Headset for XBOX ($49.99 retail) for $12.48 at the Target at 9th Street near Gandy. It was the only one there, but you may have luck at other Targets. Good luck![/quote]
They had a pile of them at that location a few days ago...I went tonight (Tuesday) to see if the price had dropped, and they were all gone. Bah!

Oh, well, I'll check around tomorrow. Thanks for the price update.

[quote name='Roufuss']I think I single handedly destroyed the used PC games stock of every EB in a 50 mile radius :D[/quote]

You didn't happen to see and leave behind any copies of C&C Generals or Age of Mythology/AOM Titans, did you?

Also, did you hammer the East Tampa/Brandon locations? I'm going to be heading out that way tomorrow, and I want to know if I should skip them.

[quote name='elmyra']You didn't happen to see and leave behind any copies of C&C Generals or Age of Mythology/AOM Titans, did you?

Also, did you hammer the East Tampa/Brandon locations? I'm going to be heading out that way tomorrow, and I want to know if I should skip them.[/QUOTE]

Everything I pulled in today's post in that EB PC games clearance thread came from all three of the Brandon locations. I don't have the link but its on the front page.

I do know they had an Age of Mythology there, somewhere... I want to say its either at the SR 60 location aways from Brandon, or its in one of the two EB's at the Brandon Towncenter. That whole thread is basacially everything I've found around town.

I kind of picked the stores pretty clean though, so it might be a bit of a drive if you want just Age of Mythology. They had some other stuff, but I grabbed everything of interest for the most part. They did have a C&C Generals Deluxe Edition, was marked at $2.99, but a friend grabbed it. Also got a mismarked LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth for $2.99.

I didn't really hit East Tampa / Citrus at all, or any of the stores here in Saint Petersburg, but I was told their selection (St Pete) was shitty. I can tell you right now that the For Eyes Plaza EB has a shitty selection, and Countryside EB dosen't carry PC games at all.

But none of the stores in Tampa I hit, and none of the ones in Citrus / Bradenton... I'm pretty much sastisfied with what I got, I burned enough gas today.

If you find C&C Red Alert 2: Yuris Revenge, let me know though, or pick it up for me if you don't want it and I'll pay you back... any other adventure games would be a plus too ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Everything I pulled in today's post in that EB PC games clearance thread came from all three of the Brandon locations. I don't have the link but its on the front page.

I do know they had an Age of Mythology there, somewhere... I want to say its either at the SR 60 location aways from Brandon, or its in one of the two EB's at the Brandon Towncenter. That whole thread is basacially everything I've found around town.

I kind of picked the stores pretty clean though, so it might be a bit of a drive if you want just Age of Mythology. They had some other stuff, but I grabbed everything of interest for the most part. They did have a C&C Generals Deluxe Edition, was marked at $2.99, but a friend grabbed it. Also got a mismarked LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth for $2.99.

I didn't really hit East Tampa / Citrus at all, or any of the stores here in Saint Petersburg, but I was told their selection (St Pete) was shitty. I can tell you right now that the For Eyes Plaza EB has a shitty selection, and Countryside EB dosen't carry PC games at all.

But none of the stores in Tampa I hit, and none of the ones in Citrus / Bradenton... I'm pretty much sastisfied with what I got, I burned enough gas today.

If you find C&C Red Alert 2: Yuris Revenge, let me know though, or pick it up for me if you don't want it and I'll pay you back... any other adventure games would be a plus too ;)[/quote]

I'm going to be in the USF area tomorrow, so Brandon is just a quick shot down 75. If I manage to hit any other Tampa EBs I'll keep an eye out for RA2. Thanks for the update! :)

[quote name='lpj8']Good luck on your interview![/quote]
Thanks, it went pretty well, unfortunately the person for the 3rd interview was in meetings all day so she'll have to call me back to reschedule.

No decent deals at the Waters Ave Target.

However i went to the Big Lots on Gunn Hwy and they had quite a few anime titles for $3.99. I remember seeing a couple volumes of Banner of the stars 2, one volume of Big 0, a couple Gundam SD's, Vampire Princess, and one other that slips my mind (it wasnt a big, or good, series i believe)

I didn't make it to Tampa today like I thought I would, but I may get out there tomorrow. I did see something weird at the 9th Street Target, though.

Last night when I was there, they had a couple of people removing games from the glass cases and putting them on a metal cart, then cleaning the cases out. I noticed that they had only removed the older games; stuff like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Taiko Drum Master, etc. They pulled at least 75-100 games. I didn't ask about it at the time, but I went back today just in case they were starting a big clearance. It turns out that all of the games that were pulled last night are just gone. I checked all around the electronics area, but no luck. I asked the clerk on duty, and he didn't have a clue, but he said that they were probably sent away if they were removed and not replaced.

I hope this isn't the start of a trend. :cry:

If anyone is having trouble finding "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" on DVD, the Best Buy on U.S. 19 in Clearwater had about 15+ copies left.

All the stores in and around Tyrone Square were sold out when I looked there and a lot of people on the boards have been posting that they can't find it anywhere, so just thought I'd pass along the info.

I heard the GameStop exclusive DVD that comes with it was crappy, but did anyone here actually get that version?

[quote name='GunstarRed']If anyone is having trouble finding "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" on DVD, the Best Buy on U.S. 19 in Clearwater had about 15+ copies left.

All the stores in and around Tyrone Square were sold out when I looked there and a lot of people on the boards have been posting that they can't find it anywhere, so just thought I'd pass along the info.

I heard the GameStop exclusive DVD that comes with it was crappy, but did anyone here actually get that version?[/QUOTE]

I can hopefully grab a copy of that exclusive DVD tommorrow... it's not part of the set, it's just a seperate DVD.

Today I managed to grab a copy of Silent Hill 1 and two copies of Silent Hill 3...woo!

If anyone finds any of the new penny guides at EB / GS let me know.

Just doing a local callout to go along with my post in the request forum. If anyone has spotted/spots a "Max Drive Pro" for Gamecube, plz let me know, thanks!

Actually just looking for the Fire Emblem guide that was pennied... but I don't want to drive over creation and waste more gas like I've been doing lately for one guide.

So if any of you are out at the 25 different EB / GS's around here, let me know if you can spare an extra if you find it.

Circuit City in bradenton has plenty of Starfox Assault and some Paper Mario 2for $20 if anybody gives a shit.

I have the Axis and Allies board game with 2 sets of pieces, chips, and dice with tons of strategies printed out.
Also, i have Axis and Allies: Europe that's never been played. I opened one or two of the piece-packages, but they're all brand new.
I'd like to sell this or trade it, but if i can't get any offers, i'll give it away to someone who is willing to come and pick it up.
Please submit all trade or sale offers by Wednesday, 3 May. On thursday, i'll contact whoever has given me the best offer, or i'll open it up for free!!!
please send me any questions via PM.
Only open to Tampa CAGers.

Made a killing at CC today (not in my area)
got
FFXI Chains Of Promethia $6
Prince of Persia GBA $2
Drakengard $4
Silent Hill IV XBX $6
Galidor $1
Sphinx PS2 $3
Metal Arms XBX $2
Pokemon Channel $2
F-Zero GX $3
Batman ROST GBA $3
X-Men Next Demension PS2 $2
Knightmare of Druaga $2

To top it off I found a pristine GH copy of FFVII at Goodwill for $3 along with 4 50 cent NES games. Not a bad find.

Check the CCs in the area as there may have been a restock. These games were not there last time I went to Tally.

For anyone looking to find some anime at Gamestop, the Northpoint, Westshore, Hillsborough Ave, and Citrus Park (obviously) had no new anime.

Tomorrow ill try out the two Brandon locations, hopefully i have better luck. Though i was able to find a copy of Parasite Eve for $12.50 after tax. The Westshore location had a bunch of Rhapsody & Persona 2's.

OK here's a question for you all. I tried preordering the DS Lite at the Baywalk EB Games yesterday, but they told me all EBs were having a problem with the SKU number. I have EB credit, so I have to do it through them. Has anyone had any luck preordering the DS Lite at EB here?

Target at dale mabry and ehrlich had zippo.

What about circuit city deals?? I've never seen a game below 7.50 at any circuit city.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']
What about circuit city deals?? I've never seen a game below 7.50 at any circuit city.[/QUOTE]

I found tons and this was about three months after the clearance started... they were on the shelf at full price.

The sale is over now though, since CC recalled all the cheap clearance games.

I know there's been talk about the pawn shops in Tampa, but I just finished a run through all the pawn shops on U.S. 19 in St. Pete. Lots of good deals on DVDs and CDs, but the biggest score of the day was a mint copy of the Zelda Collector's Disc for Gamecube (the one with Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) for $7 at the Cash America at 13th Ave. North! I also bought a copy of Fight Night Round 3 (360) for $30. I know it's not the best deal, but not bad, either. Good luck!

[quote name='lyric706']I know there's been talk about the pawn shops in Tampa, but I just finished a run through all the pawn shops on U.S. 19 in St. Pete. Lots of good deals on DVDs and CDs, but the biggest score of the day was a mint copy of the Zelda Collector's Disc for Gamecube (the one with Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) for $7 at the Cash America at 13th Ave. North! I also bought a copy of Fight Night Round 3 (360) for $30. I know it's not the best deal, but not bad, either. Good luck![/QUOTE]

That was pretty decent, those pawn shops are usually garbage, espically that one Cash America. I think I've found maybe one deal at that place the 20 + times I've went there.

Awesome deals on DVD's though.

There are even worse pawn shops on 4th Street North.

Not sure if this is national (Best Buy didn't change their prices) but Target reduced the price on the following Xbox 360 games to $39.99 :

NBA 2K6
NBA Live 2006
King Kong

This was at the Super Target in Clearwater.

[quote name='lyric706'] but the biggest score of the day was a mint copy of the Zelda Collector's Disc for Gamecube (the one with Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) for $7 at the Cash America at 13th Ave. North! ![/QUOTE]

If anyone cares, this same Pawn Shop (13th Ave North and US 19 (34th Street N) ) has Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones for Nintendo Gamecube for $14.99.

Everything else was WAY overpriced, or just shitty selection, and this was at 4 or so pawn shops in Saint Pete today. I almost thought I found a deal on Jade Cocoon 2 for PS2, but it had no manual and someone carved, yes carved, deep scratches into the game. Why the pawn shop took this, I have no idea.

Found a nice haul yesterday at a pawn shop I sometimes hit up in Tampa... I managed to grab -

Fight Night Round 3 PS2 - $10
Soul Calibur 3 - $10

And I left behind Megaman X Collection, Shadow of the Colosseus, and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, all for PS2, for $10. They also had GTA: Liberty City Stories and X-Men Legends 2 for PSP for $25. I own all these games, so that's why I left em.

The pawn shop guy had just put them out that day, I got there 10 minutes after the store opened, and I told a friend about the stuff I left, so there is probably nothing left at this point.

Out of 20 or so pawn shops though, this was the only thing close to a deal.

[quote name='Roufuss']Found a nice haul yesterday at a pawn shop I sometimes hit up in Tampa... I managed to grab -

Fight Night Round 3 PS2 - $10
Soul Calibur 3 - $10

And I left behind Megaman X Collection, Shadow of the Colosseus, and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness, all for PS2, for $10. They also had GTA: Liberty City Stories and X-Men Legends 2 for PSP for $25. I own all these games, so that's why I left em.

The pawn shop guy had just put them out that day, I got there 10 minutes after the store opened, and I told a friend about the stuff I left, so there is probably nothing left at this point.

Out of 20 or so pawn shops though, this was the only thing close to a deal.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind telling us where this was?

I managed to pick up some decent finds at my last two pawn shop/goodwill runs:
DBZ Tenkaichi: 7 dollars
FF2 SNES: 5 dollars
Katamari Damacy: 2 dollars
Snowboard Kids: 20 dollars
Nintendogs Dash&friends with free Zatch Bell GBA: 8 dollars
"broken" RCA Lyra 20 GB Mp3 player: 15 dollars (just needed to be charged)
IPod 60 GB: 160 dollars
GBA Micro Silver: 30 dollars (had all 3 faceplates and charger)

A few weeks ago the Goodwill on Hillsborough had game guides for 75 cents each. I managed to get FFX, FFIX, DBZ Budokai, DBZ Budokai 2, Majora's Mask, Threads of Fate, and Grandia. This is also where I found FF2 this week.

For any Saint Petersburg CAG's who want to get in on the 9.99 sale at Circuit City next week, I highly suggest you go to the store now and pick up what you want.

They only have 1 - 3 copies of most of the games, except for DQ 8, which they have about 25 of.

I picked up in advance:

Infected - 1 left
Blitz PS2 - 1 left
From Russia With Love PS2 - 2 or 3 left
Getting Up PS2 - 3 left of the regular, and some LE's, but I figured the LE wouldn't be on sale so to play it safe I got a regular

I went to the Goodwill on Hillsborough and while I didnt find anything as good as LuLu I did find a $15 Panasonic PZ-1 3DO with wires and controllers and also the game Return Fire (Complete). I snatched that along with a $4 Genesis game that game with Box but no instructions called Hellfire. Its a R5 on Digitpress. Overall, pretty good. They had complete 3DO games for $10 (Space Hulk, Corpse Killer to name a few) and a ton of SNES games and disc only Sega CD, 3DO, and Satrun games (mostly sports).

i was in the neighborhood, so i decided to stop by the Cash America Pawn on North Nebraska Ave to see what they had........nice crop!!!

Super Smash Brothers (N64)- $4.99
Devil May Cry 3: Greatest Hits- $8.97
Close Combat: First to Fight (XBOX)- $2.99
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (PS2)- $2.99

NICE

bread's done
Back