Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

The CC on Bruce B. Downs in New Tampa has all of the games on the list. I picked up Matix: Path of Neo, Getting Up, Infected, and Half Life 2.
Good luck

Same thing I posted in the CC thread...

The Saint Petersburg CC was demolished... this store had no less then 20 Dragon Quest 8's on Monday / Tuesday, and I went in this morning and they only had 2 left. I grabbed them exclusively for local CAG's who are semi regular posters who may have missed out... I'm offering them for $15 even, yea, I know it's not $10, but I figure a few extra bucks for me shouldn't be a problem.

If nobody wants them in a few days I'll offer them to CAG as a whole.

I'm glad I bought early, because the bin had maybe 20 games, and a very shitty selection. Maybe they were still in the back though, because at 11:30 they were still putting out the DVD's and stuff.

Kind of a weird story... when I was checking out, a guy comes up to me and asks me "Hey, do they have any more of those back there?" and I was like "hm??" and he's like "Any of those games?" points to Dragon Quest 8... I tell him no, they don't, but before I can offer him one the guy goes "SHIT!!!" and runs out of the store. We even looked for you in the parking lot to give you a copy after we were done at the check out lane, but you were nowhere to be found!!!

If you (the guy who ran out) are a CAG, one of these is for you!!!

I was at the St. Pete CC this morning to 110% price match Matrix: Path of Neo (did the same at Best Buy with Infected and Dragon Quest VIII). When I was at CC though, I did grab the last copy og Mark Ecko's Getting Up (XBOX) and Rainbow Six: Lockdown (XBOX). Saw a few copies of Blitz and one Russia with Love, but nothing else of note. I highly recommend the price match route. Takes all the stress out and also saves you even more. My totals with PM were: DQ VIII ($7.99), Infected ($6.99) and Matrix ($7.99). Nice!

[quote name='lyric706']I was at the St. Pete CC this morning to 110% price match Matrix: Path of Neo (did the same at Best Buy with Infected and Dragon Quest VIII). When I was at CC though, I did grab the last copy og Mark Ecko's Getting Up (XBOX) and Rainbow Six: Lockdown (XBOX). Saw a few copies of Blitz and one Russia with Love, but nothing else of note. I highly recommend the price match route. Takes all the stress out and also saves you even more. My totals with PM were: DQ VIII ($7.99), Infected ($6.99) and Matrix ($7.99). Nice![/QUOTE]

that is an awesome deal. i have to say that i had it a little bit better. because i am in the military, CC gave an extra 10% off, so i didn't need to drive out to a best buy (there aren't any that close to me in New Tampa).

Good job to all TB CAGers

Had a decent haul this weekend from St. Pete pawn shops

got cart only
Bionic Commando NES $1
Ultima Quest of the Avatar NES $1
Double Dragon GENESIS - R6 on digitpress - $1
Doom 64 $2
Star Wars Shadow of the Empire - $2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - Complete - $7
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne - Complete - $7

And a whole bunch of complete PS1 games from Gamerush

If your in St. Pete check out the Southern Pawn shops. They have tons of classics for cheap. And for you completists out there (Roufuss, I am looking in your direction) the Triple AAA (?) pawn shop on Hillsborough Ave. has complete NES games (Gautlet and Rolling Thunder are two that I recall out of the 10 they had).

Not a bad haul... I stopped checking Saint Pete pawn shops since it was generally a waste of time for me over the last two years. Espically now, since I have most of the games I want, and I could never really find anything to resell and I'd just be wasting gas. Tampa is alot better in this regard, since there are so many you are guaranteed to at least find something interesting.

What Southern Pawn are you talking about, anyways? The only ones I've been in were complete garbage, unless you were looking for DVD's, then they had some decent deals. The only Southern Pawn I know with a bunch of "classics" is that one next to Gamerush, and they didn't have anything too great.

I guess no one wants these DQ 8's, so they are either going on Ebay once the rush dies down, or I'm trading them into EB as part of the trade 4 get an extra $10 deal... or I might just return them, since one of the boxes is smashed up.

I take it that since you left complete NES games there, they weren't that great or the asking price was too high, because I know you would have grabbed the good ones ;)

A very sad goodbye to my Tampa CAGers. I left this morning to move to Jacksonville. I'm a little let down that we never had a CAG meetup, but no one else seems to do them either.
Good luck in all of your hunting.
Barry

Anyone find any DS Lites? I checked out the Carrollwood (aka Ehrlich) Walmart & Target and they had nothing. I'll be headed to the Land O Lakes Walmart (on my way to Gamerush) later.

That CAG meetup does sound like a good idea. Anyone else down for one?

Enjoy Land O' Lakes Wally World. I went to High School in that town and spent many a after school days walking around there (what else are you ging to do in Land O' Lakes?).

[quote name='mm2barry']A very sad goodbye to my Tampa CAGers. I left this morning to move to Jacksonville. I'm a little let down that we never had a CAG meetup, but no one else seems to do them either.
Good luck in all of your hunting.
Barry[/QUOTE]

Join the Florida CAG Thread... which is mostly Jax people anyways.

[quote name='Otherguy676']That CAG meetup does sound like a good idea. Anyone else down for one?

Enjoy Land O' Lakes Wally World. I went to High School in that town and spent many a after school days walking around there (what else are you ging to do in Land O' Lakes?).[/quote]
Normally i just go to the shops in that general area. I used to drive even farther down 54 a few years ago, just to see how far i can get without getting lost. Its a nice area to drive through. That Wal-Mart is interesting though, they sell a lot of their stuff for .50-$1.00 cheaper than the one on Dale Mabry/Bearss. Guess they dont consider that a hi-class neighborhood (there is a trailer park across the street). They unfortunately didnt have any DS Lites.

According to Sears.com, both the University & Citrus Park sears have them in stock. I decided to place an in-store pickup order for the CP location.

*EDIT* It seems that all the retailers have caught on (i blame IGN/Gamespot), the DS lites have been "recalled" from Sears, so i have to cancel my order. I just hope that Gamerush plans to get some in, ive got plenty of credit to burn, and trading in my old DS will add another $60 to my credit

Anybody had any luck with the kmarts around here?

The only thing I've found so far is midway arcade 2 for ps2 for $2.

I think I'm going to try the pinellas kmarts when I get off work tomorrow.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']
I think I'm going to try the pinellas kmarts when I get off work tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Those K-Mart's were cleaned out about a month ago.

They have some stuff, but it's heavily picked over and everything good is gone.

[quote name='Roufuss']Anybody find any new penny guides at Best Buy today?

A friend told me Brandon and Citrus were wiped out.[/quote]
I did, but I got mine at St. Pete/Clearwater/Dale Mabry. I got DQ8, FF IV Advance, Liberty City Stories, Metal Gear Acid 2, SOCOM 3, Mario & Luigi PIT, Gun, Perfect Dark Zero, and The Outfit. I think that's pretty much everything that was pennied, so it was a good haul. :D

[quote name='elmyra']I did, but I got mine at St. Pete/Clearwater/Dale Mabry. I got DQ8, FF IV Advance, Liberty City Stories, Metal Gear Acid 2, SOCOM 3, Mario & Luigi PIT, Gun, Perfect Dark Zero, and The Outfit. I think that's pretty much everything that was pennied, so it was a good haul. :D[/QUOTE]

That's not bad.

I didn't feel like going out, so I just did a mega trade for all the guides I wanted and didn't have, so it worked out fine for me.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's not bad.

I didn't feel like going out, so I just did a mega trade for all the guides I wanted and didn't have, so it worked out fine for me.[/quote]
I already had to drive to Tampa, so it was easy to hit Dale Mabry and take the Courtney Campbell Causeway back. I wouldn't have bothered with the Clearwater or Dale Mabry locations otherwise - I've decided that I spend way too much time chasing deals lately. I'm looking at the pile of guides that I bought, and wondering if I'll ever even use them. I think it's time to slow down on all the crazy game hunting and buying, before I end up like you with nearly a thousand games. ;)

By the way, I forgot to tell you that I never saw any copies of Romancing Saga in my K-Mart travels.

[quote name='elmyra'] I think it's time to slow down on all the crazy game hunting and buying, before I end up like you with nearly a thousand games. ;)

By the way, I forgot to tell you that I never saw any copies of Romancing Saga in my K-Mart travels.[/QUOTE]

Haha, the good part is when it's time to slim it down and sell of them (like now), that I'm going to make a good chunk of money in the bank.

But yea, definitely don't end up like me... I've got games from 5 years ago still sealed, how sad is that?

Thanks for looking for RS for me, too.

I already posted this in the deals forum threads, but local Game Rush stores seem to be getting in DS Lites. I got one today at the 34th St. S. store in St. Pete, and they had one left.

Also, the June price drops at KMart don't seem to have hit locally yet. I price checked several games and no dice.

[quote name='elmyra']I already posted this in the deals forum threads, but local Game Rush stores seem to be getting in DS Lites. I got one today at the 34th St. S. store in St. Pete, and they had one left.

Also, the June price drops at KMart don't seem to have hit locally yet. I price checked several games and no dice.[/QUOTE]

DS Lite is awesome, I hope you like it :D

Saint Petersburg Circuit City still has tons of new clearance games... at least 4 Indigo Prophecy's, 4 Gun's, 6 or 7 Wild Arms 4, 3 Castlevania: Curse of Darkness... lots of EVERYTHING.

Except Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, I think I grabbed the last one and even then I had to dig for it... you might get lucky and find one though.

Picked up the last Super Monkey Ball Deluxe at Saint Pete store... they had no Crisis Zone's, and alot of the stuff is getting picked over fast.

Lots of Wild Arms 4 and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness's left though.

Clearwater CC has one of every game left on the list INCLUDING CRISIS ZONE WITH GUN!!!

[quote name='Roufuss']Picked up the last Super Monkey Ball Deluxe at Saint Pete store... they had no Crisis Zone's, and alot of the stuff is getting picked over fast.

Lots of Wild Arms 4 and Castlevania: Curse of Darkness's left though.

Clearwater CC has one of every game left on the list INCLUDING CRISIS ZONE WITH GUN!!![/quote]
I thought you said that you bought a Crisis Zone in the CC deal thread...so, does the Clearwater CC still have a Crisis Zone, or did you buy the only one?

Did anyone here hit up the Kmart at 19 and 580 yesterday? A lady working there said someone came and wiped out all the clearance games yesterday.

Personally I think it's one of the employees at that Kmart. I bought 2 gamecube games for $5 a few weeks ago and both of them were rewrapped with bad shrink wrap and without the normal nintendo safety booklet.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']Did anyone here hit up the Kmart at 19 and 580 yesterday? A lady working there said someone came and wiped out all the clearance games yesterday.

Personally I think it's one of the employees at that Kmart. I bought 2 gamecube games for $5 a few weeks ago and both of them were rewrapped with bad shrink wrap and without the normal nintendo safety booklet.[/QUOTE]

K-Mart dosen't have resealing machines, this I know for a fact, so someone probably bought the games, played them, resealed them themselves and returned them.

CCs in Tampa are still pretty stocked (besides crisis zone - for now). The Brandon and New Tampa CCs are weird in that they will randomly restock sale games. This has happened to me several times since this whole clearance started (last year) where I have found games that were not in the computer the previous time I was there.

In other news, Goodwill on Hillsborough has a very large NES game collection (cart only) for $2 apiece. Grabbed Ninja Gaiden 2 and TMNT III (!). They put a grey cart Zelda 2 (I thought they were all gold) out right before I left.

Found Bubble Bobble for Saturn Complete(!) at Salvation Army on Nebraska today for $2. These thrift stores are getting good and should only get better now since people can't dump their PSOne and N64 games at Eb/Gamestop anymore. I also found a Saturn with controller for $15 ($30 originally but 50% off) at a thrift store today but passed. If it was $10 I wouldve bought.

Went to the stadium Kmart on dale mabry and they were out of wavebird combos. I've been waiting for them to drop to $7, guess I waited to long.

They do have a whole bunch of unorganized games in the cabinet but I didn't feel like trying to find stuff in it. I didn't see anything great however.

Woo, scored a complete Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2 at the Tyrone Mall EB today!

University Mall EB supposedly also has one, as well.

Edit: Grabbed the last Dynasty Warriors 5 Xtreme Legends and the last Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows at the Saint Petersburg CC.

[quote name='Roufuss']Edit: Grabbed the last Dynasty Warriors 5 Xtreme Legends and the last Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows at the Saint Petersburg CC.[/quote]

Nuh-uh! I just got a DW5XL at the St. Pete location. But I think mine was really the last one. :D

[quote name='elmyra']Nuh-uh! I just got a DW5XL at the St. Pete location. But I think mine was really the last one. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, that store is so unorganized I was surprised I actually found mine in the D section.

Someone who wants a Dreamcast, hit me up... I've got an extra one, it'll come with the system, the hookups, a controller, a VMU, and the official Sega Mouse.

Just PM me a price, I'm just looking to get rid of this without having to ship it.

The CC in Saint Petersburg still has a ton of clearance games left... a few FF 4's, lots of Tales of Phantasia's and Dr Mario / Tetris Attack, some Drill Dozer's, almost all of the DS games still.

So, I was at the Tampa USF campus this afternoon, and decided to hit the New Tampa CC. I was mostly looking for XBox games and Advance Wars DS. The store was pretty well stocked; I saw Advance Wars (1 left after mine), Sid Meir's Pirates (1), Halo Triple Pack (1), Dynasty Warriors 5 XL PS2 (1), and many copies of most of the other games - there were at least half a dozen FFIVs. They had lots of copies of Castlevania, Flatout, Gun, Hulk, etc. for both XBox and PS2.

Of course, I forgot to look for Mercenaries. :cry:

Port Richey CC store started pulling all their games... I grabbed a Pokemon Pinball out of the cart when the lady wasn't looking.

I did grab a Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 while I was up here, though, only $7.20 after discount at EB.

It seems we're the only two helping each other out these days.

[quote name='elmyra']So, I was at the Tampa USF campus this afternoon, and decided to hit the New Tampa CC. I was mostly looking for XBox games and Advance Wars DS. The store was pretty well stocked; I saw Advance Wars (1 left after mine), Sid Meir's Pirates (1), Halo Triple Pack (1), Dynasty Warriors 5 XL PS2 (1), and many copies of most of the other games - there were at least half a dozen FFIVs. They had lots of copies of Castlevania, Flatout, Gun, Hulk, etc. for both XBox and PS2.

Of course, I forgot to look for Mercenaries. :cry:[/quote]

I'm suprised you didnt grab the Flatouts, those still go for $24 at gamerush.

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm suprised you didnt grab the Flatouts, those still go for $24 at gamerush.[/quote]
I already have a stack of PS2 Flatouts and other games, I'm just waiting for Monday's $5 bonus to trade them in. :D

I also posted this in the main sale thread, but it'll probably get lost there. Anyway, the St. Pete CC has pulled the $8.96 games from their shelves. I walked in just as they were finishing.

[quote name='elmyra']I also posted this in the main sale thread, but the St. Pete CC has pulled the $8.96 games from their shelves. I walked in just as they were finishing.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yea, I posted in there too but that store has been emptied of all the good clearance games for awhile now... they still have some PS2 stuff left but most of their GBA / DS stuff is long gone.

I hit it up pretty hard, I assume you did, and I know a few others who did also.

To be honest, that store had a very shitty selection of GBA games to start with.

I got to the St. Pete CC around 11 a.m. this morning (Saturday), and they still had a decent selection. Picked up:

Mario Golf (GBA)
Nightmare Before Christmas (GBA)
Ultimate Spider-Man (DS)
Incredible Hulk (XBOX)
Castlevania (XBOX)
Flatout (XBOX)
Matrix Path of Neo (XBOX)
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (XBOX)

Also meant to tell everyone I picked up two Logitech XBOX wireless controllers from the 49th St. Game Rush for $7.50 each. And at the 4th St. N. location this morning, they had some XBOX Monster cables (S-video plus RCA stereo jacks) for $3.50 after the 50% sale. I run component, so they were of no interest to me.

I live in Clearwater, has anyone found Meteos at Circuit City's?

I also need to call and see if the CC near me has pirates or the warriors, because I forgot to look for them when I was there. The CC at Citrus Park had a lot DK: King of Swing, Puzzle League, and Final Fantasy IV when I left yesterday. It also still had a Drill Dozer. I got the last Metal Slug 3&4, Advance Wars, and Trace Memory. I think there were still some Yoshi Topsy Turvy's left, Final Fantasy I&II, and Sword of Mana.

[quote name='Gpig']I live in Clearwater, has anyone found Meteos at Circuit City's?

I also need to call and see if the CC near me has pirates or the warriors, because I forgot to look for them when I was there. The CC at Citrus Park had a lot DK: King of Swing, Puzzle League, and Final Fantasy IV when I left yesterday. It also still had a Drill Dozer. I got the last Metal Slug 3&4, Advance Wars, and Trace Memory. I think there were still some Yoshi Topsy Turvy's left, Final Fantasy I&II, and Sword of Mana.[/QUOTE]

There was 1 Meteos at the Port Richey store off US 19, and the Saint Petersburg store had Warriors for PS2 as of two days ago, like 3 or so copies. Both store pulled all their games though, but they might have missed a few... on July 4th that one copy should still be there.

That Port Richey store has a ton of GBA games... FF Tactics Advance, Mario vs Donkey Kong (at least 7 or 8 copies), Drill Dozer, FF 4, Tales of Phantasia. Like I said thought, the employee started pulling them yesterday, but if you get there on July 4th you should be able to snag that Meteos.

I kinda wanted Yoshi Topsy Turvy, I didn't see it at any of the stores here, but Citrus is too far... with the gas I'd waste I'll just snag it off Ebay or from someone here.

If anyone can find me Exit for the PSP that would be awesome.

Does the SRQ qualify as Tampa Bay or not?

If so, the Circuit City on 41 and Proctor might have some things in there. When I went yesterday, there were PLENTY of Pac-N-Roll's and Dig Dug's. No luck for Advance Wars :( . The shelves there are such a mess though... I managed to snag a copy of Pac-N-Roll and the last copy of Dr. Mario/Puzzle League while sifting through the endless amounts of "Barbie Adventure" and "Disney Princess".

Oh well, I got kickin' rad games...

Saint Petersburg, FL has copies of Exit for PSP, they are in the back so you've got to ask an employee for them (which is what my gf did).

[quote name='Roufuss']There was 1 Meteos at the Port Richey store off US 19, and the Saint Petersburg store had Warriors for PS2 as of two days ago, like 3 or so copies. Both store pulled all their games though, but they might have missed a few... on July 4th that one copy should still be there.

That Port Richey store has a ton of GBA games... FF Tactics Advance, Mario vs Donkey Kong (at least 7 or 8 copies), Drill Dozer, FF 4, Tales of Phantasia. Like I said thought, the employee started pulling them yesterday, but if you get there on July 4th you should be able to snag that Meteos.

I kinda wanted Yoshi Topsy Turvy, I didn't see it at any of the stores here, but Citrus is too far... with the gas I'd waste I'll just snag it off Ebay or from someone here.

If anyone can find me Exit for the PSP that would be awesome.[/quote]

Thanks, the port richey one is 18 miles away, but I still might try. Although, if this sale is heavily advertised it might be really busy. I bought an extra copy of Drill Dozer to trade for Mario vs Donkey Kong, but the other CAG couldn't get one, so it's cool that I'll probably be able to buy one.

[quote name='Roufuss']Saint Petersburg, FL has copies of Exit for PSP, they are in the back so you've got to ask an employee for them (which is what my gf did).[/quote]

Wait, is Exit on sale? I didn't know that.

[quote name='Gpig']Thanks, the port richey one is 18 miles away, but I still might try. Although, if this sale is heavily advertised it might be really busy. I bought an extra copy of Drill Dozer to trade for Mario vs Donkey Kong, but the other CAG couldn't get one, so it's cool that I'll probably be able to buy one.[/QUOTE]

I counted at least 8 or 9 copies on the cart of Mario Vs Donkey Kong... they had a ton. 18 miles isn't too far, I'm in Saint Petersburg next to Tyrone Mall and it takes me an hour to get from here all the way up there. Its a striaght shot all the way up US 19 to the Gulfview Mall where the CC is. They are WELL stocked. And like I said, they had at least 1 Meteos that I saw. There aren't alot of CAG's up there so I don't expect them to get raided.

And yea, peeps just confirmed Exit is on sale today I believe.

[quote name='Gpig']Thanks, the port richey one is 18 miles away, but I still might try. Although, if this sale is heavily advertised it might be really busy. I bought an extra copy of Drill Dozer to trade for Mario vs Donkey Kong, but the other CAG couldn't get one, so it's cool that I'll probably be able to buy one.[/quote]

I saw one copy of Meteos yesterday at the Dale Mabry CC in Tampa, but who knows if it's still there or if they've pulled the games by now.

I just checked the Clearwater CC that's 2 miles from me to see if they had Exit. No dice, I also asked about pirates and mercenaries. I looked at the DS/GBA area and it looked like everything was gone except the same copy of Wario Ware and FF1&2 were still there that have been there since the beginning. The thing that puzzles me is who bought the 5 Guilty Gear Dust Strikers but not Wario Ware? Actually, just who would buy Guilty Gear Dust Strikers.

bread's done
Back