Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Damn Gamestop's store locator. Said the Dale Mabry Gamestop had both Suikoden 1 & 2 in stock, i remembered seeing it all the time behind the glass (they were disc only so i didnt bother), and of course now that i want the game to sell (disc only copy of Suikoden 2 goes for 80+), it appears they shipped off all of there valuable PS1 games...

[quote name='Bezerker']Damn Gamestop's store locator. Said the Dale Mabry Gamestop had both Suikoden 1 & 2 in stock, i remembered seeing it all the time behind the glass (they were disc only so i didnt bother), and of course now that i want the game to sell (disc only copy of Suikoden 2 goes for 80+), it appears they shipped off all of there valuable PS1 games...[/QUOTE]

Is this the one in the Kash and Karry shopping complex next to the Best Buy and all that jazz? That game was there for almost a year, it's no wonder they shipped off their games someplace that would sell ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Is this the one in the Kash and Karry shopping complex next to the Best Buy and all that jazz? That game was there for almost a year, it's no wonder they shipped off their games someplace that would sell ;)[/quote]
I was at that location for B2G1F sales a couple of times this year. Even though the online inventory system always said they had Suikoden 2, it wasn't anywhere I could see it and the clerks couldn't find it for me. Are you guys sure you actually saw that game? I assumed it had been sent back as defective or an employee was keeping it in the back room for (much) later purchase.

I was referring to the Northpoint Gamestop - in the Publix/Walmart shopping center accross from Target. The EB is the one all the way down dale mabry by Kash & Karry, Best Buy, old TRU, etc.

I went in yesterday asking a different person (that store has gone to hell since Megan left and i wouldnt trust any of those fat nerds as far as i could throw them), and they actually told me it was shipped off to the Citrus Park location. Ill probably head up there in a bit, but im not really expecting anything.

*Edit*

I skipped the Citrus Park trip for a trip to the TRU on Fowler looking for the Xbox 360 camera, no luck. Anyone find any at another TRU?

[quote name='elmyra']I was at that location for B2G1F sales a couple of times this year. Even though the online inventory system always said they had Suikoden 2, it wasn't anywhere I could see it and the clerks couldn't find it for me. Are you guys sure you actually saw that game? I assumed it had been sent back as defective or an employee was keeping it in the back room for (much) later purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I know it was there because half the time I ask for it, they said they had it... I think it all depended on who you talked to. One guy just told me it was disc only, another guy once told me it was "disc only, scratched up, he wouldn't pay $60 for it" and it was a refurb sent in by corporate.

Other times, employees told me it was an "error in the system" and "they didn't have it". This was sandwiched in between the two times they told me they did have it. I just think they didn't keep it on the floor and maybe 1/2 the employees didn't know it existed... that store is kind of stupid.

About the XBL Camera, the local TRU here is generally on the ball with things like that so I highly doubt they broke the street date.

For those interested metrocon is going to have a special spinoff con coming up in October called Amano's World. That's right Yositaka Amano will be in Tampa. I preordered the VIP passes because I'm anticipating a long line for autographs from him. I missed Metrocon in June so I'm very excited about this.
www.metroconventions.com

[quote name='AngellicLulu']For those interested metrocon is going to have a special spinoff con coming up in October called Amano's World. That's right Yositaka Amano will be in Tampa. I preordered the VIP passes because I'm anticipating a long line for autographs from him. I missed Metrocon in June so I'm very excited about this.
www.metroconventions.com[/QUOTE]

What is this, exactly? I know it's got Amano, which is cool, but is this all it is, a show dedicated to him?

Formal ballroom dance? Ooookkk.... dosen't really seem like my thing, Amano or not, espically if its anime, which it is, so thanks but no thanks.

I just want to apologize to anyone in the Brandon area looking for one of the Xbox Live Vision cameras. I snagged all 4 that i could find, and have put them up on ebay. I've got a nice $1,500 dentist bill on the 29th and need as much cash as i can possibly get (im not even saving one for myself). Believe me if i didnt have the dentist bill i'd offer the 3 extras to the locals here.

[quote name='Bezerker']I just want to apologize to anyone in the Brandon area looking for one of the Xbox Live Vision cameras. I snagged all 4 that i could find, and have put them up on ebay. I've got a nice $1,500 dentist bill on the 29th and need as much cash as i can possibly get (im not even saving one for myself). Believe me if i didnt have the dentist bill i'd offer the 3 extras to the locals here.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I don't care, more props to you, I would have done the same thing except offer one up to a CAG I know personally.

How many other TRU's did you hit / call up, just Brandon and Citrus?

I just called Clearwater (guy said they didn't receive any in yet) and Tampa (guy just kinda said no real fast and hung up on me) so I guess I'll try Clearwater again tommorrow.

The douche at the Saint Petersburg store started going off about "how he dosen't know why people are calling for it so much because it dosen't come out until the Fall and they won't have any for a long time". Surrrrrrre buddy.

I went to the Brandon & Fowler ave (tampa) one.

You probably got the same guy in Tampa that i dealt with, kinda rolled his eyes as i asked him (i still looked in about every corner and crevice on both the floor and behind the glass, nothing). I'm tempted to call the St Pete location and ask just to piss the guy off.

hey, everyone. I was a "lurker" who decided to join after I found this Tampa thread.

Anyways, haven't found many good deals lately except for the $4.98 Xbox mem card at the Water& Henderson Target. I also took advantage of Rhino's B2G1 deal on Dreamcast games (RE3, RE:CV & Toy Commander). Also got the TR: LEgend & KH2 guides for $1.99 each.

So where are the good pawnshops around here?

no, I found the site myself. The only one I ever talk to at Rhino is the manager, cuz he actually knows about games, unlike an EB manager I know

So, for anyone looking for Saints Row early, here is a list of stores that WILL NOT SELL IT -

All three Target's in Saint Petersburg... tried every single one of them tonight.

The Wal-Mart on US 19 and 30th Ave South has them in the case on the bottom, spine down, but the register won't allow the sale of them. Same with the Wal-Mart on 38th avenue (but the guy said he was removing them out of the case).

The Target in Largo Mall is a no go either.

Did anyone have any better luck than I did finding a store that is selling it early?

The Toys R Us in Brandon has a lot of games 1/2 off. Picked up Pac-Man world 3 for $10 & Spartan fro $13. also got True Crime NYC:CE for $5 from CC, since they were out of the regular version.

The EBs and Gamestops have most the games that dropped on the website.
I got Max Payne 2 for $2 and Tecmo classics for $5. Does anyone in the area know of a place that has Panzer Dragoon Saga or Guardian Heroes. I have built up quite a lot of duplicates of "rare" games and wouldnt mind dumping them so I can get PDS.

[quote name='Otherguy676']The EBs and Gamestops have most the games that dropped on the website.
I got Max Payne 2 for $2 and Tecmo classics for $5. Does anyone in the area know of a place that has Panzer Dragoon Saga or Guardian Heroes. I have built up quite a lot of duplicates of "rare" games and wouldnt mind dumping them so I can get PDS.[/QUOTE]

The only place that sells old games like that is Rhino, but good luck hoping they'll get in those two games... the only independant game shop in the area closed about 3 years ago, and nobody else has opened to take its place.

Your best bet is just selling the rares on Ebay and then buying PDS or Guardian Heroes off of Ebay as well.

It is a shame though, I wouldn't mind a store that sold all sorts of games like that, as well as imports. Tampa is a big enough city that you think we would get at least ONE store like that.

Theres always Game Zoo on Fowler. Unless thats the store Roufuss was referring to (though their signs are still up, so im guessing theyre not out of business, at least for 3 years).

[quote name='Bezerker']Theres always Game Zoo on Fowler. Unless thats the store Roufuss was referring to (though their signs are still up, so im guessing theyre not out of business, at least for 3 years).[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been into the Game Zoo? It's not what you think it is.

Me and a friend went in there one time, thinking it was going to be some awesome indy store. They have maybe 20 games for sale, it's one of those pay and play places... the games they do have for sale are common PS2 / Xbox / GC games and are way overpriced. For a pay and play place it looked kind of shitty too, the inside of it looked more like a Hot Topic.

The store I was refering to was in Saint Petersburg, it was called Apeman Video Games and he did get alot of rare stuff going through his store. However, he had another business that was taking off at the same time, and the fact he was in a bad location and wasn't getting a steady stream of trade-in's (he'd get maybe one hot game for every 25 sports games kids would try and trade-in) and he gave up on it after like a year.

It was an awesome store while it was around, I got alot of rare games from it.

Has anyone had any luck with the 2-for-1, and 4-for-1 deals at FYE? I was able to unload a Madden 06 and NHL 2K6 (360) for 99 Nights.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Anyone find anything decent at the new CC "sale"?[/QUOTE]

Saint Petersburg is completely empty, employees grabbed everything, I saw CAG on their computers and everything is gone except for the total shit like Devil Kings.

Clearwater is empty, as well, they have nothing.

South Tampa didn't know how to access the inventory to look it up, but at Saint Petersburg they also told me they didn't have alot.

Brandon hung up on me.

Port Richey only has 1 or 2 Mario Baseball's and a Dynasty Warriors 5, I didn't ask about anything else.

No store has Mario Tennis or Mario Baseball except PR, Brandon might but I'll never know. This sale is a huge bust.

Pawn shop on 19 in South St. Pete (next to Kmart) has a bunch of $3-$5 games and PSP movies. I only grabbed Red Dead Revolver, Advent Rising, and Odd World. They also have a bunch of Rare Cart only NES games. I bought North and South, hope to go back and buy Pirates!, King's Quest V, and Bucky O' Hare.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Pawn shop on 19 in South St. Pete (next to Kmart) has a bunch of $3-$5 games and PSP movies. I only grabbed Red Dead Revolver, Advent Rising, and Odd World. They also have a bunch of Rare Cart only NES games. I bought North and South, hope to go back and buy Pirates!, King's Quest V, and Bucky O' Hare.[/QUOTE]

Hm... I'm actually heading that way today anyways so I'll check out all these $3 to $5 games... could be good fodder to dump at EB.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Pawn shop on 19 in South St. Pete (next to Kmart) has a bunch of $3-$5 games and PSP movies. I only grabbed Red Dead Revolver, Advent Rising, and Odd World. They also have a bunch of Rare Cart only NES games. I bought North and South, hope to go back and buy Pirates!, King's Quest V, and Bucky O' Hare.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, went there with a friend and pretty much cleaned them out on eligible $3 games for EB.

He also picked up Bucky O' Hare and Kings Quest V... to be fair, we didn't go in there until 6:20 pm, 10 minutes before they closed. Pirates! is still there though if you're interested. If he changes his mind and dosen't want them he'll probably let them go for $5, which is basacially cost + tax + like 50 cents extra because he's going to clean them and they need to be cleaned.

PM'ed you about Kings Quest V, since he wants to dump that one.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Pawn shop on 19 in South St. Pete (next to Kmart) has a bunch of $3-$5 games and PSP movies. I only grabbed Red Dead Revolver, Advent Rising, and Odd World. They also have a bunch of Rare Cart only NES games. I bought North and South, hope to go back and buy Pirates!, King's Quest V, and Bucky O' Hare.[/quote]
I got some nice deals there a couple of weeks ago:

Dreamcast Street Fighter III Double Impact $1
Dreamcast Street Fighter Alpha 3 $1
Dreamcast NFL Blitz 2000 $1
PS2 Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance $10

All of the games were complete and in good shape. I don't see many DC games that aren't sports these day, so the SF games were a nice surprise.

Nice DC find, those werent there when I was there otherwise I wouldve grabbed those also:)

Im glad you found something Roufuss, your friend can keep King's Quest V, not worth the effort in meeting. I work at Ceridian (which is almost next door), I couldnt get out of work on time otherwise I wouldve bought all 3 for trade fodder (trying to aquire some rare Saturn games right now so any scare-uncommon games will help). I was kind of hoping youd keep all 3 there since I posted the deal, but you got there first so i guess its one of those finders keepers things.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Nice DC find, those werent there when I was there otherwise I wouldve grabbed those also:)

Im glad you found something Roufuss, your friend can keep King's Quest V, not worth the effort in meeting. I work at Ceridian (which is almost next door), I couldnt get out of work on time otherwise I wouldve bought all 3 for trade fodder (trying to aquire some rare Saturn games right now so any scare-uncommon games will help). I was kind of hoping youd keep all 3 there since I posted the deal, but you got there first so i guess its one of those finders keepers things.[/QUOTE]

Bucky O Hare was kind of fun... it was one of those good old school platforming games. Kings Quest V is kind of....meh. One of those things I'd rather play on the PC I think. My friend is also into collecting so I really didn't have any control over him buying anything, so sorry =/ To be honest, if I was going to grab anything there it would have been Legendary Wings but I don't really play my NES anymore (or I just use an emulator... I'm trying to get rid of my games, not add more :lol:). I was just there for junk to trade into EB before I raided the K-Mart for the same purpose.

Hope there is no hard feelings =/

Like I said before though, if you're interested, he'll part with both of them, he was just shocked to see NES games there... I can probably convince him to let them go. I might go back to that K-Mart to grab some more games so let me know.

Any good $3-$5 games left when you went? I am trying to cut back on buying (Im trying to buy an '04 Mustang), so I left a lot of things. Hopefully there wasn't total crap when you got there. I am going to check the other St. Pete pawn shops this week, see if anyone has sold Dirge of Cerebus yet.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Any good $3-$5 games left when you went? I am trying to cut back on buying (Im trying to buy an '04 Mustang), so I left a lot of things. Hopefully there wasn't total crap when you got there. I am going to check the other St. Pete pawn shops this week, see if anyone has sold Dirge of Cerebus yet.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it was mostly all junk, it all traded in for like $1 - $1.50 at EB (one game even got 50 cents) so I only made about $7 on the whole trip. I think I left a Bloodwake there... alot of the $3 games were mostly old sports titles. I had alot better luck at the K-Mart next store getting games for $2 - $4.

There were some good $10 games for the regular Xbox though, like Fable: Lost Chapters, Ninja Gaiden, Knights of the Old Republic, and something else I can't remember.

Most of the $3 games were scratched to hell as well, I'm surprised the EB took them and didn't charge a refurbishing fee.

I didn't mess with the $5 games at the pawn shop, just the $3 ones.

Anyone know where I can get MvC2 (PS2) in Tampa Bay at all? Several rare games to trade if someone interested (i.e., DDS1, mint, Nocturne, mint, etc.)

DDS1 practically mint, Castlevania DS, nocturne, silent hill(s) in various formats, also i'd be willing to pay cash or some combo of cash/trade
if anyone has anything to offer i'd be willing to talk about it; not having any luck checking the gamestop/ebgames webpage for inventory

No luck with 50% off games at the Dale Mabry/Stall Borders Location. I remember they used to have a video game section, but they tell me it was nixed a while back.

I forgot how having a job effects the hours i can go out and look for deals (just started working yesterday after a year unemployed). At least this week im 8-5 so ill have some time afterwards, next week ill be going 11am-10pm M-F (pretty much denying any chance of shopping anywhere not open at 9am.)

The EZ Pawn on 60 has a bunch of Gamecube games for 10 dollars. They are hidden in the case behind a bunch of DVDs. I only bought the Zelda Collector's Disc. There was Smash Bros, and Wind Waker, I can remember for sure. The rest I believe were meh.

Just got back from an extremely successful round in St. Pete:

Circuit City (Tyrone)
Chibi Robo (GC) ($14.99)
Fire Emblem (GC) ($14.99)
Battalion Wars (GC) ($14.99)

GameRush (49th Street)
Lemmings (PSP) ($14.99)
Metal Gear Acid 2 (PSP) ($9.99)
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers (XBOX) ($9.99)
24 The Game (PS2) ($14.99)
Gradius Collection (PSP) ($14.99)

GameRush (4th Street North)
Medieval Resurrection (PSP) ($6.99)
Gretsky NHL 06 (PSP) ($6.99)

I know CC had several copies of each of the GC games, and both GameRush locations had more deals available. Good luck, everyone!

[quote name='Bezerker']No luck with 50% off games at the Dale Mabry/Stall Borders Location. I remember they used to have a video game section, but they tell me it was nixed a while back.

I forgot how having a job effects the hours i can go out and look for deals (just started working yesterday after a year unemployed). At least this week im 8-5 so ill have some time afterwards, next week ill be going 11am-10pm M-F (pretty much denying any chance of shopping anywhere not open at 9am.)[/quote]

I called every Borders in the Tampa/Orlando area (Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, Brandon, Sarasota, Orlando, Ovideo, Ocoee, Winterpark) and none said they sold games. Bummer.

[quote name='lyric706']Just got back from an extremely successful round in St. Pete:

Circuit City (Tyrone)
Chibi Robo (GC) ($14.99)

GameRush (49th Street)
Lemmings (PSP) ($14.99)

I know CC had several copies of each of the GC games, and both GameRush locations had more deals available. Good luck, everyone![/QUOTE]

Why are your Gamerush prices $5 cheaper than the ones in the list? Is it because they are used? Lemmings is the only one I'd go out and get for $14.99 but everything else on that list will be $20 and cheaper eventually anyways.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why are your Gamerush prices $5 cheaper than the ones in the list? Is it because they are used? Lemmings is the only one I'd go out and get for $14.99 but everything else on that list will be $20 and cheaper eventually anyways.[/QUOTE]

Everything from GR was used except Gradius. And all, I'll add, are in perfect condition. And one more thing: Why, Roufuss, are you always belittling finds people post on here? I posted this information so anyone interested will know what to expect at the locations I visited. Perhaps there are people on here who were waiting for that magic price point on the games I listed — so I'd like to be able to help them out. Frankly, I don't care what you think regarding the prices I paid; I'm only interested in helping my fellow CAG.

[quote name='lyric706']Everything from GR was used except Gradius. And all, I'll add, are in perfect condition. And one more thing: Why, Roufuss, are you always belittling finds people post on here? I posted this information so anyone interested will know what to expect at the locations I visited. Perhaps there are people on here who were waiting for that magic price point on the games I listed — so I'd like to be able to help them out. Frankly, I don't care what you think regarding the prices I paid; I'm only interested in helping my fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]

I was merely adding my own opinion on the prices I would personally pay... nowhere in that post did I ever say "Wow, you're so stupid for paying $20, nobody will pay that!!" That is belittling, I merely mused to myself that everything will be cheaper at stores in the future so I'm not going to rush right over. I honestly don't care what you yourself are doing with your money... it makes no difference to me.

I think you're merely trying to make something out of nothing... if someone is waiting for any of those games to go $20, more power to them; I, however, do not, and will take a gamble on them getting even cheaper. To be honest, other than CC, you really didn't give people anything to expect... all I know is that GR has "good deals". See, now that is belittling.

I guess I figured out the reason why I don't post my finds in this thread anymore, and just keep it limited to the few people I know in the area. Which reminds me, Otherguy, check your PM's, I find something you'd be interested in I think.

By the way, also wanted to add I cleaned out what was left in the K-Mart's in Tampa (which wasn't much) so anybody in the area shouldn't expect much at any K-Mart. Most of the ones in Tampa and Saint Petersburg were ransacked before I picked through the remains.

[quote name='lyric706']Just got back from an extremely successful round in St. Pete:

Circuit City (Tyrone)
Chibi Robo (GC) ($14.99)

GameRush (49th Street)
Lemmings (PSP) ($14.99)

I know CC had several copies of each of the GC games, and both GameRush locations had more deals available. Good luck, everyone![/quote]

Thanks for the post, some people do appreciate deals being posted and not every game in the store being taken.

I managed to snag a copy of Medievil for 9.99, that was about it for Psp stuffs at the clearwater Gamerush.

I also picked up a copy of Battalion Wars at sears, there were a bunch left, so I'm guessing that it might go lower. I had been checking the bongos, but they were finally gone today, doh!

Well, I apparently missed a whole bunch of complete Saturn games at Southern pawn. I was buying a complete Virtual On and the worker said to me that he had over 20 games yeterday and some flea market guy bought them. If he knew what flea market it was, I would be going on Saturday. Oh well, at least I got one. There is a complete Virtua Cop2 left for $3 if anyone wants it.

Chibi Robo, Batallion Wars, and Fire Eblem, $14.99 at Circuity City on Dale Mabry. Can anyone give a list of pawn shops to hit up in hillsborough county that regularly carry games?

Anyone know where I can get a Cheap Ass digital camera? I want a 5.0 and all the Targets that had them on Clearnace in St. Pete/Tampa have sold out. Any help would be appreciated. I also am looking for a DVDR camcorder. I havent seen in cheap ass ones at pawn shops, so if anyone see one, preferably name brand (no Generic sold on the street crap), PM me.

Salvation Army on Nebraska (between Flecther and Bears) had $4 ($2 if you go on Wednesday) complete N64 games. Grabbed one, didnt get to see what else they had.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Anyone know where I can get a Cheap Ass digital camera? I want a 5.0 and all the Targets that had them on Clearnace in St. Pete/Tampa have sold out. Any help would be appreciated. I also am looking for a DVDR camcorder. I havent seen in cheap ass ones at pawn shops, so if anyone see one, preferably name brand (no Generic sold on the street crap), PM me.

Salvation Army on Nebraska (between Flecther and Bears) had $4 ($2 if you go on Wednesday) complete N64 games. Grabbed one, didnt get to see what else they had.[/QUOTE]

If you don't need one ASAP, I would wait until Black Friday... someone will blow out an awesome digital camera for cheap. I know Best Buy has had a digital camera on sale pretty much every year.

Very soon the ad's should be leaking, so I'd just be patient for now, unless you are going on a trip sometime within the next month.

Anyone live in st pete or just happen to go/ work at the eb games in baywalk (downtown) a lot. If you do can you pm me if they get any cool stands or boxes. Like the ones game companies give them to promote games. (Sorry if that sounded confusing)

bread's done
Back