Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Cleaned out the Aubernadale FKA Rhino on my way back from Orlando today.
Spent $100 (Ill get $30 back because the SNES they sold me was broke).

Got about 70 games. Highlights are
Brigandine Complete - $20
Street Fighter Double Impact Complete - $1.50
DRACULA X!!!! Cart only, some sticker/label damage residue SNES - $1.50
Brainlord, cart only - $1.50
Final Fantasy 2 cart only - $1.50
Breath of Fire cart only - $1.50
Dragon Warrior 2 cart only - .75
Super Double Dragon - $1.50
7th Saga - $1.50
Psychic Detective Complete PSOne - $2.50 (Orlando)

and a bunch of others, many rares. It was a great haul and I left a lot that I pointed out to other people in the store as I was being rung up (took 30 minutes to input in system). Passed on some poor conditioned rares like Super Mario RPG etc. I also passed on several rares that other people took and on all doubles (such as the other 2-3 Dragon Warrior 2s) so others can enjoy these classics. I really didn't want to hoard.

Once again, I have come across a deal that I need you guy's input on. The same guy that sold me the PSP offered me Destroy All Humans 2 (PS2, Complete) for $10. I haven't heard much about 2, so has anyone played it? Is this deal worth it?

Anyone wanting a Ds used or new and wants $50 off, take your SP to the evil empire and they will give you $50 off, anyone wanting a Wii for $50 off, take the evil empire your gamecube system. Chances of them having a wii for you to trade in the gamecube for are quite slim. According to my calls they dont even have the DS systems for the SP trade either.

Gotta love a monopoly who has coupons you can't even use at their monopoly stores.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Dang, this thread really came to a stop after a busy few days. Is anyone on here a USF student?[/quote]

Just graduated in December.

Man I've missed lots of stuff here, that sucks about Rhino. I guess I'll stop by tomorrow and see whats left.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Dang, this thread really came to a stop after a busy few days. Is anyone on here a USF student?[/quote]

I'm a USF grad student.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to hook all of the following systems up at once to a TV?
Sega saturn, Sega dreamcast, ps1, ps2, wii, 360, xbox, genesis, bootleg nes, n64, atari 2600, snes, a few plug and play joystick units, and finally a tivo system? i have to make sure no cords or cables are showing, and some how have them all play thru my stereo system as my surround sound, i had my xbox and ps2 do it before.

i have wireless controllers for every system except the dreamcast, had them but sold them years ago like a fool :(

[quote name='Otherguy676']Dang, this thread really came to a stop after a busy few days. Is anyone on here a USF student?[/QUOTE]

I am a usf student until the end of summer

[quote name='monkeyballer']Anyone have any suggestions on how to hook all of the following systems up at once to a TV?
Sega saturn, Sega dreamcast, ps1, ps2, wii, 360, xbox, genesis, bootleg nes, n64, atari 2600, snes, a few plug and play joystick units, and finally a tivo system? i have to make sure no cords or cables are showing, and some how have them all play thru my stereo system as my surround sound, i had my xbox and ps2 do it before.

i have wireless controllers for every system except the dreamcast, had them but sold them years ago like a fool :([/quote]

I'd suggest a big ass system selector, or two hooked up to eachother maybe, as for not being able to see the wires, if you have any trap doors in your floor, or crawl space in the wall behind the tv, not much else you can do except plaster or drill lots of holes.

As for surround sound, i have no clue, i unfortunately only have a 2.1 setup >

Thanks for the suggestion, I have 2 system selectors, but it doesnt look feasible to hook them all up at once I guess, I guess really pointless too, since I can only play one at a time any how, I just didnt want all my stuff laying around collecting dust in between usage. Drilling holes would never go over well with my girlfriend. Bad enough having to listen about the 360 cables hanging over the front, of the entertainment center, and the wii cables lol

Rhino FINALLY got around to putting their PS1 games out. Unforunatly, the only 2 rare ones left were Rhapsody ($20) & another RPG that I forgot the name of for $30. They have about 100+ that are just in paper slips that i didn;t bother looking thru. Also, Target on S. Dale Mabry had a few GC games like Mario Golf, Starfox Assault & Baiten Kaitos for 13.98, but they all suck.

Are you talking about Tampa Rhino? They put the PSone games out on Monday, I got Fatal Fury Wild Ambition. They had 3 copies of Breath of Fire 4 for $30, way too expensive for that title.

Ok, this might be stupid, but does anyone have a PS3 they want to trade for some systems I am not using any more? I have a ps2 with a hard drive, a slim line ps2 hacked for swapping discs, a sega saturn with an A/V cable mod and a multiregion mod. I also have a ps1 multi region and a lcd screen. Might throw in some cash as well.

I am trying to get rid of my 2 different PS2 systems since the PS3 was updated to actually play PS2 games last week.

ARg, which one of you bastards bought all the Ape Escape 3 & Neopets PSP's at the Busch & Florida Kmarts.

I guess i can still get Neopets @ EB/GS (if its still $9.99). $9.99 to $20-$25 isnt a bad deal.

Was not me bezerker, I haven't bought a video game in over 5 days lol.
Waiting for the next version of monkey ball to come out, probably a new system will need to come out before they make another one lol.

[quote name='Bezerker']ARg, which one of you bastards bought all the Ape Escape 3 & Neopets PSP's at the Busch & Florida Kmarts.

I guess i can still get Neopets @ EB/GS (if its still $9.99). $9.99 to $20-$25 isnt a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

I have an extra ape escape 3 if you want it

Nah, thats alright. The gas i'd probably have to spend wouldnt make it worth it even if you sold it to me for $4.

I was just hoping to find some to trade to fye for $12. Neopets unfortunately is back to $39.99, so no luck at EB/GS either.

If anyone is looking for the Tony Hawk Project 8 board with game, the Target on MLK in St. Pete still had around 20 left today for $22.54. Most of them were PS2, there were 3 Xbox ones.

I know alot of us don't like shopping at the Evil Empire, but just in case you have to, I found a *great* Gamestop to shop at, and didn't realize it until today.

My old LP at K-Mart, Scott, he's since quit K-Mart and he's now managing the Gamestop at Clearwater Mall. Before he even knew it was me, he had excellent service on the phone, and when I went in his store looked *fantastic* and he was cheerful to everyone - and didn't push trade-in's or preorders, it was all a natural thing.

Since many of the old managers in Saint Petersburg quit and the stores have gone to shit, I definitely recommend going to Clearwater Mall if you have to shop at EB / GS, I ended up buying more than I planned to just because my old buddy was there :)

FYI, Clearwater Mall Gamestop also has Classic Controllers for Wii, just came in today, 3 left as of an hour ago.

Not sure if anyone's watching out for these, but if you see that the used 360 HD-DVD player shows up on the locator @ Fowler; its not in store. I got lucky and was able to snag it for $130 with the extra 10% off accessories coupon.

Also, the Hillsborough Gamestop has quite a few used Guitar Hero controllers. I was able to snag one, figure it'll keep me busy til the 360 version comes out.

All the Blockbusters in the area have been turning out good for me lately. Over the past few weeks, I have gotten Sid Meier's Pirates, RE: CVX anniversary Edition, & Twisted metal PSP all for $30. Then yesterday, I was in the one on Sligh & Armenia, and they had Firefighter FD 18 (no manual), so I grabbed that. I was also tempted to grab another copy of Pirates, because I need the insert, but ended up leaving it.

This is sure to disapoint everyone on this thread but I have some very sad news.................

Interbay Electronics.................

is no more! The store is officially out of business, at least at its current location. I have seen the guy who owns it at a flea market stand in the past few weeks and there is a few lurkers on this thread who have also fallen victim to what is now a obvious PS3 scam. I have more details that I may post later, but for the time being, we are now down to zero independent game stores in our area.

[quote name='Otherguy676']This is sure to disapoint everyone on this thread but I have some very sad news.................

Interbay Electronics.................

is no more! The store is officially out of business, at least at its current location. I have seen the guy who owns it at a flea market stand in the past few weeks and there is a few lurkers on this thread who have also fallen victim to what is now a obvious PS3 scam. I have more details that I may post later, but for the time being, we are now down to zero independent game stores in our area.[/QUOTE]

I knew it... I wonder what MonkeyBaller has to say now, since he was so adamant in defending the store and its owner?

Did they go out of business BECAUSE of the PS3 scam?

Yea, poor Monkeyballer. Hope that Kool-Aid Brian gave him will pass through now. I also guess that means that whatever "legal action" me and Roufuss had going on us is gonna be dropped :p.

Back on topic, Anyone know any places that have used/cheap 1st party 360 VGA cables? The Citrus Park GS supposedly has 4+ according to their locator, but when i went they had none. I guess i can try the Hillsborough or Dale Mabry ones tomorrow morning (1-3 supposedly). I just tried calling both and the phone was ringing off the hook (10 minutes left, probably full of customers). Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone have any good finds lately? Outside my incredible (200 games plus) total Rhino haul, I found a Mint complete Burning Rangers at a flea market last week for $5. There were also a few moderately hard to find games that I may go back and pick up this week. Anyone else having any luck?

Finally dipped into a few games from my Rhino haul. Out of the few I played, I came I came away impressed with Dracula X, which wasn't nearly as bad as I've heard. It amazes me that Konami has been getting away with using the same character graphics for over 10 years now (the rerelease will change that - finally) for their 2-D games.

The game that impressed me the most was Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES). Has anyone played this version? The fact that this game fits and runs decently well on the SNES is a testament to the power of the SNES. The game controls better than the PSOne (Gold) version as I was able to get the Raging Demon off each time I tried it.

Also, thanks Rouffus for the Lufia 2, I had to keep myself from playing it all night, worked great.

[quote name='Otherguy676']
Also, thanks Rouffus for the Lufia 2, I had to keep myself from playing it all night, worked great.[/QUOTE]

Haha no problem, glad to see you're happy with it ;)

Hey all,

I don't know if there's anyone still looking for a Wii (or even if they're tough to find anymore), but as of this afternoon (02.14), Best Buy on Dale Mabry had five sitting on the shelf. Good luck!

Target on Waters has a few coppies of Geist & Odama at 12.48, and some Targets have Fire Emblem GBA for 7.48 if anyone is loking for them. The Geist & Odama aren't ringing up at the registers, so when they ask for the price, do you think I could get away with saying $6.48?

I officaly hate Rhino (or what used to be Rhino) now. I applied for a job there a week or so ago, and I was in there Friday to ask about it. Anyways, I went in there today, & the manager tells me they hired 2 new ppl, & their not really hiring at the moment. Then another guy that had been listening goes over to him & says he just heard us & wanted to know if they were hiring or not. Well, the manager says their loking for one more person & ask him to fill out an application... Neeless to say I was pretty pissed about that. I think it might have been because the other guy was a minority & they're all white ppl working there.

On another note, I turned 18 today & bought Disater Report & NSMB :D

The only minority in the game-selling business is decent looking women ;-).

They really should hire some hot blondes. People would buy anything from them; lord knows they might even sell some PS3's. I think Interbay tried this method, but since all Brian David had were 11 year olds, the effect was kind of lost.

*gawahaha*

[quote name='Bezerker']The only minority in the game-selling business is decent looking women ;-).[/quote]

So true.

I was offered $50 for my GC w/ Sonic Riders Skin, 2 copies of Harvest Moon (4.98 from Target Clearance), & the Gameboy Controller (looks like a SNES controller). Should I take it?

The EB in Citrus Park mall is participating in the B2G2F dvd sale. I bought 12 $5.99 dvds for $33 then traded them into FYE 100 ft from EB for $90 (6 $15 used dvds). Very effortless profit. I left quite a few $5.99 dvds that should qualify for FYE/Suncoast's deal. I'll be checking out the University Mall tomorrow.

heres a coupon that EB was giving out today for Moviestop; the original is printed on normal paper, so copying shouldnt be a problem:

coupon.jpg

So, has anyone bothered to check any Tampa Bay Best Buys? I might swing by a couple Monday morning, but maybe not - I suspect this'll be the usual bust locally. Like Roufuss said in the BB thread, the employees will probably get it all.

I am planning on hitting the BBs around Thrusday, when everything will prolly b gone :/

I found 3x metroid Prime Pinball at Sears in university for 3.50, tho. There r still 2 left. The Sears in Brandon has LOTR for PSP for $2.97, but it was the last one.

I plan on going to the BB on Dale Mabry when it opens since I work right next door, will let everyone know what it has.

*UPDATE*

Don't even bother, they had pretty much nothing. There was a guy with a printed out list checking everything and he looked like he wasn't having any luck as well...I didn't check PS2 but I would venture the same.

Just came back from the Best Buy in Sarasota [Glengary Shoppes], most of the stuff has been weeded out already. Most of the GCN/DS/GBA/PSP/360 games have been bought, theres still a few copies of GTA games, but thats about it.

I picked up the last copy of MMBN 6 at my store though, so, at least I got one game on my list.

[quote name='elmyra']So, has anyone bothered to check any Tampa Bay Best Buys? I might swing by a couple Monday morning, but maybe not - I suspect this'll be the usual bust locally. Like Roufuss said in the BB thread, the employees will probably get it all.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Saint Pete store buying a digital camera charger last night, and stopped to look at the games, and they had nothing on the list even out on the store floor.

Our store is notorious for buying everything for themselves so I just decided to say fuck it, I have better things to do. Nothing on the list appealed to me either, so that was the other part of it.

I made a list of games that they Best Buy has clearanced for $1.99 and are worth $4-$20 @ FYE. I'll check the CP location out tomorrow morning, and if i dont find a good haul, ill post the list so everyone else can have a look at their respective stores.

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time posting. Anyway, a while back I scored some guides from Citrus Park EB, and I traded all of the games away towards my Wii back in August 2006. If anyone is interested in any of these, just pm me.

NBA Street V3
Halo 2 (still shrink wrapped)
Ultimate Spider-Man
Fable (without poster)
Star Wars Battlefront
Marvel Comics Maximum Carnage for Super Nintendo/Genesis (found this one in with my comic books)

Its a one time only use code. But if theres anyone who wanted to get in on the Police - St Pete Times forum presale, heres the code:

RZALbKUjPa

bread's done
Back