Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Stop buying from stores that dont sell games at the prices they list, dont go to stores that have bad track records selling games not as advertised. I knew a store that always had sales on games and honored their prices. ___________ I heard on the internet that GS and from an inside source locally that there will be a special trade in your core or premium 360 when the elite comes out and there will be a huge deal.

[quote name='Bezerker']Man, what a load of bullshit i got from the manager at Best Buy CP today.

For those who dont know, Right before the 2/24 video game clearance, they took most of those games about to be clearanced and put generic "Frontrow" sku's on them (different from the SKU from the actual game). I tried to buy one of the games and the manager said that since the SKU didnt match, he couldnt sell the game at the clearance price. [/quote]
I am assuming this is when u tried to get Urbz for me? Thanks for trying, i really appreciate it.

[quote name='Segasonic01']I am assuming this is when u tried to get Urbz for me? Thanks for trying, i really appreciate it.[/quote]

No problem. They had a restock, so there were a couple other games i was getting as well. I think what i need to do is cutout the middleman and just go straight to the register and tell them its on the clearance list. Thats what i did the first time and it worked with no questions asked (they just called a 'supervisor' to okay the price changes). I'll probably try my luck later this week when that manager isnt working. If it happens again, ill definately take names.

Figure I'd offer this here first, but are any CAG's in the area interested in an Xbox 360?

Mine recently crapped out on me, so I sent it to MS to get it repaired, and well, I'm done with it, at this point. The only other system to break on me was my Xbox, as well, so I'm going to stop this trend right here and just sell it as soon as it gets back.

I'm looking for $300 for this -

Xbox 360 Premium (but i'll list all the contents too)
60 GB Hard Drive
Media Center Remote
Xbox 360 controller
Play and Charge Kit
Xbox Live Headset (only used it once or twice, so it's still VERY clean!)
Component cables (and the power cable too)
Original box and all the manuals

Not a bad deal, I think... the system they are sending back also has a 90 day warranty, or so I've been told.

I'm looking for cash only, as well! Just wanted to offer it here before I put it on Craigslist or something. I'm basacially hooking someone up with a sweet package for JUST the cost of the core ;)

Please note, MS just got my system Monday so it will be a few days before I get it back.

Just curious. Did anyone get any good deals on the 75% off sale at EB/GS? I went to the Fowler one & got a few good N64 games & Armored Core for PS1. The one on bruce B Downs that had the Mario 64 & Perfect Dark last weekend had been cleaned out. I am gonn hit Rhino tomorrow, if no1 else has.

The 75% off was for game rush was it not? thats what some one posted. Never made it to any blockbuster stores thats for sure.

No, it was for Ps1/DC/N64 games at EB/GS/Rhino.

That store I was talkin about on Bruce B Downs didn't have anything left, but the at the Rhino in Zephyrhills, I did get 19 DC games (some complete) for $21

I think it's until they sell all those games. They're trying to make room for the new stuff comming in. I heard somewhere on these boards that they're gonna starts having big sales on Xbox & GC games to get rid of those to. Can anyone confirm this?

When did they start selling DC games again? I thought they got rid of DC years ago? I see ps1 games at some locations periodically

Might be a longshot, but does anyone know any smaller computer shops around here that might sell a Windows Vista Home Premium OEM? I wanted to get it this weekend, so I was hoping there was a local shop I could buy a copy off of - that's how I ended up with my XP OEM from back in the day.

The store around here I got my XP OEM from years ago is sadly no longer there =/

[quote name='monkeyballer']When did they start selling DC games again? I thought they got rid of DC years ago? I see ps1 games at some locations periodically[/quote]
Most of the DC games I found came from Gamestops that used to be Rhino. Only EB that had any was the one in Brandon mall.

[quote name='Roufuss']Might be a longshot, but does anyone know any smaller computer shops around here that might sell a Windows Vista Home Premium OEM? I wanted to get it this weekend, so I was hoping there was a local shop I could buy a copy off of - that's how I ended up with my XP OEM from back in the day.

The store around here I got my XP OEM from years ago is sadly no longer there =/[/quote]

Not sure about any stores in Clearwater. But in Tampa i always go to ISORM whenever i need stuff. According to their website, Vista Premium OEM is $118. Though if you dont mind waiting for it to be shipped. Vio has it for $85 shipped

http://www.viosoftware.com/Windows+...ewatch&utm_medium=mall&utm_campaign=66I-00488

ISORM is located at 14918 Florida Avenue in Tampa. Its only a few hundred feet south from the corner of Florida & Bearss.

[quote name='Bezerker']Not sure about any stores in Clearwater. But in Tampa i always go to ISORM whenever i need stuff. According to their website, Vista Premium OEM is $118. Though if you dont mind waiting for it to be shipped. Vio has it for $85 shipped

http://www.viosoftware.com/Windows+...ewatch&utm_medium=mall&utm_campaign=66I-00488

ISORM is located at 14918 Florida Avenue in Tampa. Its only a few hundred feet south from the corner of Florida & Bearss.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton!

Tampa works just as well... unfortunately their hours are the same hours my girlfriend works, which means I'll have to head down their on Monday, which works just as well.

But if anyone knows any other stores, I'm all for it :)

For anyone interested, The Dale Mabry Best Buy had 4 of the Far Cry games for Wii, plenty of original GGC's (couldnt find the WoW ones anywhere).

The Super Target accross the street had 2 Xbox Live 12 month packs (original xbox live cards, im sure they work the same as the 360 ones) for $35 each. Didnt pick anything up, figured someone on here might want it more.

[quote name='Segasonic01']This is completely un-game-related, but does anyone know when Target goes to 75% off on their Easter stuff?[/QUOTE]

I know yesterday the target by USF had 50% but I don't think it would last too much longer since target tends to move holiday clearance items rather quickly

If anyone actually reads my rants, here;s another one:

Gamestop across from Citrus Park
I have the coupon from the weekly add to buy a system & get a free game. The coupon dosn't say WHICH system. I try to buy a Ps1 & get a free $10 Xbox game. The manager tells me I can't because PS1 isn't a system & I'm trying to rip them off. Corporate got a call about this one.

EB in Citrus Park Mall
I notice a Beatmania & controller there, so I take it up to buy it. The controller has no price tag, so the guy says it's probably areound $5-$10. He looks & loks for a price, but can't find one. I ask him "Can't you just type in a price?". He replies "Why would you want this anyways? I can't find a price". After that, he puts it on the floor beside the register & I just leave.

Thanks for letting me vent that, I was very angry today.

im coming into tampa for a night... can anyone recommend a nice/cheap hotel thats not too far from airport and close to a hangout or something?

i have to drive to pasco the next morning so hopefully something in between.

[quote name='guyver2077']im coming into tampa for a night... can anyone recommend a nice/cheap hotel thats not too far from airport and close to a hangout or something?

i have to drive to pasco the next morning so hopefully something in between.[/quote]

Sorry, I only know hotels around USF, and that's on the other side of Tampa from the airport.

Does anyone know if new release box sets are excluded from Moviestop's trade 4 promotion?

Wouldn't be so bad to put $20 on credit on Venture Bros Season 2, and pay the rest (like $3) in cash... I've got a feeling it's just limited to movies only though.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone know if new release box sets are excluded from Moviestop's trade 4 promotion?

Wouldn't be so bad to put $20 on credit on Venture Bros Season 2, and pay the rest (like $3) in cash... I've got a feeling it's just limited to movies only though.[/quote]
It works on new release boxsets also. I did the trade 4 deal on JLU Season 2 & Batman Beyond Season 3 about a month ago. I'll probably do it again for Scrubs Season 5 when it comes out. They have a Reservation list that outlines the upcoming releases for the next few months that you can trade towards. As you said, it applies the $20 credit and you pay the difference.

I just checked the list and Venture Brothers Season 2 is on it so your good to go Roufuss. I would call ahead though to see if they still have any copies left if your planning on walking out with one today.

[quote name='Tyga24']It works on new release boxsets also. I did the trade 4 deal on JLU Season 2 & Batman Beyond Season 3 about a month ago. I'll probably do it again for Scrubs Season 5 when it comes out. They have a Reservation list that outlines the upcoming releases for the next few months that you can trade towards. As you said, it applies the $20 credit and you pay the difference.

I just checked the list and Venture Brothers Season 2 is on it so your good to go Roufuss. I would call ahead though to see if they still have any copies left if your planning on walking out with one today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton! The Moviestop I go to usually gets a shitload of copies of new releases, and there is two in my area now so I should be good :D

I've got about 35 movies I want to dump, so yea, this is going to work out nicely for the last two months I'm still in Tampa Bay :)

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks a ton! The Moviestop I go to usually gets a shitload of copies of new releases, and there is two in my area now so I should be good :D

I've got about 35 movies I want to dump, so yea, this is going to work out nicely for the last two months I'm still in Tampa Bay :)[/quote]

I know you were hinting at leaving, but I had no idea it was that soon. Where are you leaving to?

Get one more to add to that 35 and that's about 9 DVD's for you to pickup! The Citrus Park one is usually light on the TV boxsets on release days because of the pre-orders they have to fulfill so that's why I was saying you might want to call first.

Unique Video is the name of the mystery store on florida ave near sligh. Anyone been there? once again it was closed as being driven by

well it turns out that the tampa airport is centrally located close to everything (like mia).. im gonna try to get a hotel right there near bucs stadium..

might even go to devil rays and yankees game that night

[quote name='guyver2077']well it turns out that the tampa airport is centrally located close to everything (like mia).. im gonna try to get a hotel right there near bucs stadium..

might even go to devil rays and yankees game that night[/QUOTE]

Devil Rays stadium isn't in Tampa, it's in Saint Petersburg at the Tropicana Field about 25 minutes or so away (downtown Saint Pete, almost) across the bridge.

[quote name='Tyga24']I know you were hinting at leaving, but I had no idea it was that soon. Where are you leaving to?

Get one more to add to that 35 and that's about 9 DVD's for you to pickup! The Citrus Park one is usually light on the TV boxsets on release days because of the pre-orders they have to fulfill so that's why I was saying you might want to call first.[/QUOTE]

I actually had a full response and my Firefox crashed on me ;)

I'm moving to Rocky Point, NY to go to Stony Brook University to continue on with my Psychology degree. I've been to USF before, and I hated it, and I'm sick of Florida as a whole (for the last 3 years or so) so I'm ready to leave. I've lived here all my life, and well, I'll be glad to be gone.

So I'm leaving at the end of June, just gotta get some extra money put aside, and get rid of some excess junk I don't want to move, like these DVD's :lol:

I'll only be two hours from NYC, which will be pretty cool :D

[quote name='Roufuss']Devil Rays stadium isn't in Tampa, it's in Saint Petersburg at the Tropicana Field about 25 minutes or so away (downtown Saint Pete, almost) across the bridge.[/quote]

yea i looked at in google.. like 25 mins away....

might go check it out... dunno,

any nice spots in tampa near the airport?

hangout/nightlife/bar scene

well im only there for one night so not much time to check stuff out.. may just go to the devilrays game and maybe just chill around hotel..

[quote name='guyver2077']23..

hangout/nightlife/bar scene

well im only there for one night so not much time to check stuff out.. may just go to the devilrays game and maybe just chill around hotel..[/QUOTE]

I would just head down to Ybor City then, it is just one long stretch with nothing but bars / clubs / nightlife / lots of shit I grew bored of 4 years ago ;)

I'd say it's probably like 10 - 15 minutes away if you're saying near Raymond James, and it's still in Tampa.

[quote name='monkeyballer']If you like video games, Thursday at Gameworks in Ybor is $10 for unlimited video game play.[/quote]

cool.. i think they have the same college night special here at the local gameworks,... im leaving wednesday night though

Tuesday night in anytown isn't good for club/bar scene. I would either take the ride to Ybor or just hang around International Plaza since it is right nextdoor to the airport. Actually the D-Rays game is probably your best bet with Kazmir on the mound trying to rebound after his 4-inning 100+ pitch performance against the O's. Although there will be a ton of jagoff Yankee fans there, so that is definitely a con to going to the game.

[quote name='ronnydobbs']Tuesday night in anytown isn't good for club/bar scene. I would either take the ride to Ybor or just hang around International Plaza since it is right nextdoor to the airport. Actually the D-Rays game is probably your best bet with Kazmir on the mound trying to rebound after his 4-inning 100+ pitch performance against the O's. Although there will be a ton of jagoff Yankee fans there, so that is definitely a con to going to the game.[/quote]

dont worry... theres always yankee (ny fans for that matter) everywhere here too.

tuesdays are pretty good here in mia. though...

[quote name='Tyga24']
Get one more to add to that 35 and that's about 9 DVD's for you to pickup! The Citrus Park one is usually light on the TV boxsets on release days because of the pre-orders they have to fulfill so that's why I was saying you might want to call first.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton again!

I went today, and the Largo location had about 7 copies of Venture Bros Season 2 and all the other movies, so I dumped 12 movies, got $60 in credit, and used a leftover $5 credit to get Spider-Man 2.1, Smokin Aces, and Venture Bros Season 2 for free.

I grabbed a copy of their new release list for the rest of my 30 - 40 DVD's ;)

I'll probably trade them all at the closer Pinellas Park store.

anyone know what the best section to sit at tropicana field is?

the lower box is $55 but which area in the lower box is best?

heck is the lower box even good?is outfield better?

crap.. im gonna miss the heat game

edit 2-- managed to get heat tix for sunday so i will prob cheap out and just get some outfield tix for devilrays game..

The outfield. $22. Those games were awesome we swept those fools out of our house

Has anyone been by a kmart lately....I want ot run by there and pick up some GBA games, especially TLOZ Minish Cap its only 7.99. So if anyone has seen a compy or two lately let me know

Yeah outfield tickets at the Trop are better than any other ballpark Ive been at (Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium) and being a Red Sox fan, I enjoy seeing home games in Tampa for a fraction of the cost. The Rays have put out such a miserable product on the field that almost any team they play has a home crowd (unless its opening day).

If your looking for GBA games the Baywalk eb is majorly laking, well at least in the games that i wanted. Minish Cap, DK country, bubble bobble, wario ware twisted

[quote name='usfbchmguy']Has anyone had any luck with the Big Lots here in Tampa getting the PC games??? No luck at all here... :([/QUOTE]

All the ones in Saint Pete have a ton of games.

I got X3 for $6, for instance... I also saw all the Splinter Cell games, and some of the $4 games like Lord of the Realms 3.

No Darwinia or Space Rangers 2, though.

If you are looking for anything in particular, I just went the other day, so I remember what most of them have.

Do you know of any in Tampa at all? I live over in South Tampa and don't get to St. Pete much (unless there are some close to Gandy/275 area...)

bread's done
Back