Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='Ahadi']And which DC games are you interested in? Because my whole dreamcast lot is a small step away from being thrown up on eBay.[/quote]
KoF 99 Dream match
Crazy Taxi 2
PSO
Grandia 2
Expendable (low)
Pen Pen (low)
Omikron (low)
Sonic Adventure 2 (low)

[quote name='Segasonic01']KoF 99 Dream match
Crazy Taxi 2
PSO
Grandia 2
Expendable (low)
Pen Pen (low)
Omikron (low)
Sonic Adventure 2 (low)[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much value you put in those, but would you consider working something out for a 360 or something?

[quote name='Segasonic01']a 360 game? As long as it's not Darkness, Gears of War, or WWE. Just LMK[/QUOTE]

I knew that when I asked the question ::cool::

I'll take a look and drop you a pm.

Went to Oldsmar flea market this weekend, found a great deal on Neo Nectaris (Military Madness 2, although I didnt realize that when I was buying it) for the PC-Engine Duo ($10 with two other Duo Games). The flea market is still ripe with game deals, just have to be willing to look. If you are looking for ANY mainstream console hard to find games, check out the guy across from the DVD/VHS booth. He is the one who sold me a Flawless PDS, and while he charges close to ebay fees on a lot of games, his games are in great shape, and overall he is cheaper than ebay. Check him out as he does give deals , he sold me Neo Nectaris for cheap and that is a $30 plus ebay game (although neither of us knew that when I was buying it). PDS cost me $120 and copies of that caliber are close to the $200 mark (at least they were when I bought it).

[quote name='Otherguy676']Went to Oldsmar flea market this weekend, found a great deal on Neo Nectaris (Military Madness 2, although I didnt realize that when I was buying it) for the PC-Engine Duo ($10 with two other Duo Games). The flea market is still ripe with game deals, just have to be willing to look. If you are looking for ANY mainstream console hard to find games, check out the guy across from the DVD/VHS booth. He is the one who sold me a Flawless PDS, and while he charges close to ebay fees on a lot of games, his games are in great shape, and overall he is cheaper than ebay. Check him out as he does give deals , he sold me Neo Nectaris for cheap and that is a $30 plus ebay game (although neither of us knew that when I was buying it). PDS cost me $120 and copies of that caliber are close to the $200 mark (at least they were when I bought it).[/quote]
Dude, no way. Ebay prices at a flea market is retarded. That's usually where people to go buy junk that others wanna get rid of. And $125 for Suikoden 2 is crazy.

that's true, and I agree 100% that flea markets are for good deals on "junk" (and $125 is crazy for Suikoden 2, I cant find the post you found that in but thats nuts). I was saying that if you still cant find something (meaning rare), this is the guy to see. Some games you are not going to find a amazing deal on, in that kind of case this is the guy to see as he charges less than average price and does give good deals for what games he has. I think my $120 for PDS (Panzer Dragoon Saga) was amazing (especially since I was about to BIN for $180 plus shipping at the time), and most all of his games are flawless.

Hollywood Video is having their 4 for $20 sale again (9.99 & under games). I recommend anyone with one nearby check out. Today at the Citrus Park one I found Mr. Mosquito, REmake, SvC Chaos, and Pro Cast Fishing for $20.

On another note, Gamestop screwed up for the better for me :D . I went in there a week ago to trade some games in for Rock Band preorder (which I was supposed to get an extra 10% (or $6 in my case). They guy didn't do it, and when I went back, the mgr couldn't figure out how to do it. So I get 10% off when it comes out :bouncy:

[quote name='Otherguy676']Went to Oldsmar flea market this weekend, found a great deal on Neo Nectaris (Military Madness 2, although I didnt realize that when I was buying it) for the PC-Engine Duo ($10 with two other Duo Games). The flea market is still ripe with game deals, just have to be willing to look. If you are looking for ANY mainstream console hard to find games, check out the guy across from the DVD/VHS booth. He is the one who sold me a Flawless PDS, and while he charges close to ebay fees on a lot of games, his games are in great shape, and overall he is cheaper than ebay. Check him out as he does give deals , he sold me Neo Nectaris for cheap and that is a $30 plus ebay game (although neither of us knew that when I was buying it). PDS cost me $120 and copies of that caliber are close to the $200 mark (at least they were when I bought it).[/quote]

I've been to that guys stand. Yea, he's got some rare titles but some of them are in horrible condition. Castlevania SoTN without the book in a dirty cd case for 45 dollars? Please...

I asked that Flea Mkt guy about his other copy of PDS, and he said the lowest he'll take is $145, because they're going for $150 on Ebay now. I guess you got lucky, Otherguy.

Otherguy, I seem to recall you looking for Castlevania for N64. If you're still looking for it, the EZ Pawn on Bush has it for $8.

While I was there today I grabbed my 2nd copy of Gears of War for under $15, Actraiders 2, and F-Zero for the SNES. Can anyone tell me anyhting about Actraiders? Is it good? Rare?

I actually ended up going out last night and made a couple of good finds at Hollywood Video. I got a complete Rez at the Tyrone location for $24.99, and a complete Marvel vs. Capcom 2 XB at another location for $19.99. The MvC2 was actually a rental copy, and I asked if they do anything similar to Blockbuster where you can rent and then buy a game. The clerk said no, but that since nobody ever rents the game and they had two copies, he let me buy it for the price they charge if it's lost. I got the impression that he wasn't supposed to do that. He even dug out a proper XBox case for me.

The Rez is practically mint, but the MvC2 has a lot of small scratches (it plays fine). I'm not going to mention the location where I got MvC2, in case the clerk could get in trouble for it. Oh, and the Tyrone location had 3 more copies of Rez, but they're all disc only.

[quote name='Bezerker']Thanks for that link. He's got quite a few games that i can flip for 2-4 times what he's charging. I'm sending him an email right now.[/QUOTE]
No prob. Might as well give it to someone who can use it.

Just scored Forza 2 at a pawn for $14.99. I take back what I said about Value Pawn sucking. They have a copy of DDR konamix for $5 also, but I am going broke :cry: . 3 collections is too much.

Nothing big but got Otogi for $5. There are many SEGA XBX that seem hard to find that are decent games. I think I am going back next week to buy Otogi 2.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Nothing big but got Otogi for $5. There are many SEGA XBX that seem hard to find that are decent games. I think I am going back next week to buy Otogi 2.[/quote]

Was that at the Cash America on 4th Street in St. Pete? I saw those last week and passed, though I kinda regretted it. I've just got too much backlog right now. I did get a mint ICO for $5, though.

my installation disc didnt copy these 4 files, i just need them emailed please!!!
they in your track folder on your disc or hard drive

trackb1106.lzc
trackb1108.lzc
trackb1109.lzc

streaml1ra.bun

I picked up a 3D0 Last weekend at the pawn shop for only 30 bucks. It came with Dragons Liar as well. Now if only i could find a pawn shop that sells SNES's for cheap id be SO set. Also i picked up Halo 2 for only 5 bucks which for me is a steal since its like 20 used at GS/EB. This was at Stop and Pawn on Route 54

I hit almost every cash america and value pawn in Tampa yesterday. I ended up getting

Breath of Fire III
Kartia
Suikoden
Saga Frontier II

All in perfect complete cndition.
3.99 each

[quote name='Segasonic01']Nice. Value pawn has good deals on PS1 games sometimes. I got my DDR Konamix at one for $2. Which one did u find Suikoden at?[/quote]

Oddly, that was at some hole in the wall pawn shop on Nebraska.

Dang. I only go to the chain pawns, like EZ or Cash America. I have been wanting to check out the crappier ones now, but heard nothing good. Guess now I will.

Per request, here's my report on the Play N Trade that just opened up in Brandon for anyone who wants to go.

Compared to GS, the prices aren't much different. For example, Mario Kart DD is 29.79 and used is 26.99. The older games, such as Genesis, SNES, and PS1 are a little overpriced, IMO. Sonic 2 was $10 and Zelda LTTP was $20. The thing I am worried about is their plan to get older games. They had about 10 Gen games, 10 SNES games, and 5 PS1 games. When I asked where all the DC games were, he said that they're gonna sell what people trade in, which probably won't be much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

On the plus side, the employees there are very firendly. They will let you try out any game before you buy. They also have a 10% off card like GS. Oh, and they do resurfacing for $3 per game. After looking around, all I bought was DKC for SNES for $5.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Per request, here's my report on the Play N Trade that just opened up in Brandon for anyone who wants to go.

Compared to GS, the prices aren't much different. For example, Mario Kart DD is 29.79 and used is 26.99. The older games, such as Genesis, SNES, and PS1 are a little overpriced, IMO. Sonic 2 was $10 and Zelda LTTP was $20. The thing I am worried about is their plan to get older games. They had about 10 Gen games, 10 SNES games, and 5 PS1 games. When I asked where all the DC games were, he said that they're gonna sell what people trade in, which probably won't be much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

On the plus side, the employees there are very firendly. They will let you try out any game before you buy. They also have a 10% off card like GS. Oh, and they do resurfacing for $3 per game. After looking around, all I bought was DKC for SNES for $5.[/quote]

Well, it sounds like it could be interesting in the future, but maybe not until they've had some time to build up some stock. I Googled their phone number, and I might call them soon and see if they give trade quotes over the phone.

Thanks for the information, Segasonic!

Tampa guys

Ban this fucking place
Value Pawn Jewelry Store, 8120 W Waters Ave, Tampa, FL 33615

(813) 243-4943 8120 W Waters Ave, Tampa, FL 33615

I bought Gears of War from them and when I opened it up at home it had a huge circular scratch on it and it won't play. They refuse to take it back. Do not do business with this establishment.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Damn, that sucks. I thought they HAD to exchange it for stroe credit or something. How much was it?[/quote]
15 bucks.

Oh the guy that works there was completely rude too. He looks up ebay prices to screw you out of trade in value. They wanted to give my gf five dollars for her sony 7.2 megapixel camara because he looked at one of the auctions where it was at 5 dollars but the shipping was like 50.

fuck that place.

This is going to make me start checking discs b4 I buy them.

I guess you could trade it to GS for $20 in credit or something. They take 20% off for scratches, right? So you would pretty much break even.

[quote name='Segasonic01']This is going to make me start checking discs b4 I buy them.

I guess you could trade it to GS for $20 in credit or something. They take 20% off for scratches, right? So you would pretty much break even.[/quote]

I took it to GS and they took off money for refurbishing.

Still, it's the principal. I hate the way pawnshops do business. If it wasn't for decent cheap games I wouldn't be caught dead at those scumbag places.

I bought Gears of War lmt ed @ that pawn shop on the 8th for $25, works great.

I also got (disc only)
Third Strike (DC - heavily scratched)
Raiden Project (scratched)
$2 total
Suikoden 2 (disc only, mildly scratched) - $3

I have an even bigger extreme hatred for pawn shops now. When my apartment was robbed, a ton of my stuff showed up in pawn shops and the owners wouldn't tell me who they bought it from and the police said I didn't have proof that it was my stuff that was stolen, so they wouldn't investigate it further. The pawn shop owners are usually extremely defensive about questions since they know most of their stuff is likely stolen. Pawn shops are just a haven for criminals to unload their stolen stuff.

bought the Halo 2 soundtrack for 50 cents at a pawn shop! wa-hoo, I am hurting for deals.

Wal-mart next to work had Transformers toys for $1.50, bought the 3 they had left. I think they are from the energon set. Its amazing the crap you'll buy when you have money.

I saw a disc at the pawn by my house called the Halo Companion. Is it worth anyhting?

Oh and I got Star Ocean: 2nd Story (complete) while I was there :D

I was at the Cash America at 34th St. and 54th Ave. N. today, and I asked how much PS2/XB games are selling for. The guy said usually around $5-15, but that they look the games up on the GameStop website, then price them a little lower. I hope that doesn't become a trend.

Thats the one that I found a $2 Earthbound at, so at least they are checking ebay like Southern Pawn does. I went there and saw a complete MKT for Saturn and they checked the ebay prices and quoted me a price that had no bids.

[quote name='xRiskyx']Found a copy of ICO sealed going for 30 bucks.

Didn't buy it though.[/quote]
Where at?

I found my 3rd copy of FFVII for $8 at a pawn today. FFVII to me is like MvC2 is to otherguy. I guess those are our lucky games or something, wanna switch? ;)

[quote name='Segasonic01']Where at?

I found my 3rd copy of FFVII for $8 at a pawn today. FFVII to me is like MvC2 is to otherguy. I guess those are our lucky games or something, wanna switch? ;)[/quote]

It was at an cash america in Brandon.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Where at?

I found my 3rd copy of FFVII for $8 at a pawn today. FFVII to me is like MvC2 is to otherguy. I guess those are our lucky games or something, wanna switch? ;)[/quote]

Which pawn shop did you find FFVII?

bread's done
Back