Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='aznguyen316']uh I was being genuinely honest. I really am giving you a thumbs up because these are going for way more than retail on ebay and for you to offer for not a penny more is good stuff.. seriously was not trying to be at all rude, I don't see how I could have been? anyway apologies if you took it in a negative way..[/quote]

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I read the "I already have one" part as bragging and read the rest of it in a sarcastic tone. I guess I'm just used to people just not being very friendly on forums (hence why I only have a handful of posts). Again, my apologies.

Unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested so I guess I'll be taking it back to Circuit City this weekend. If any of you know anyone that needs it, let me know in he next couple of days.

[quote name='KoolKing']Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I read the "I already have one" part as bragging and read the rest of it in a sarcastic tone. I guess I'm just used to people just not being very friendly on forums (hence why I only have a handful of posts). Again, my apologies.

Unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested so I guess I'll be taking it back to Circuit City this weekend. If any of you know anyone that needs it, let me know in he next couple of days.[/quote]

Yeah I've very surprised no one is jumping. I mentioned I had an 80gb b/c if not I'd get this bundle in a heartbeat. Ah well, good luck with whatever ya do!

[quote name='KoolKing']Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I read the "I already have one" part as bragging and read the rest of it in a sarcastic tone. I guess I'm just used to people just not being very friendly on forums (hence why I only have a handful of posts). Again, my apologies.

Unfortunately, nobody seems to be interested so I guess I'll be taking it back to Circuit City this weekend. If any of you know anyone that needs it, let me know in he next couple of days.[/quote]
I would jump on it IF I had the money :cry:

Hopefully in a year or so I'll find one at a pawn for $250

[quote name='Segasonic01']

Hopefully in a year or so I'll find one at a pawn for $250[/quote]

So, does this mean you're out of the flipping business?

[quote name='Segasonic01']no...[/quote]

Just wondering, cuz right now you can get a MGS4 Bundle for $125 by flipping. But I wont say any more since i'd lose out on my ability to hoard the market ;-).

dude, c'mon Berzerker. PM me the details or something. I wont buy any more than needed to get the bundle. I am almost broke anyways so I cant buy more than I need to flip.

[quote name='Bezerker']Just wondering, cuz right now you can get a MGS4 Bundle for $125 by flipping. But I wont say any more since i'd lose out on my ability to hoard the market ;-).[/quote]

Damn for 125 I would definitely pick one up.

If anyone in the North Tampa area plans on pre-ordering any of the bigger title games coming soon (GH Aerosmith & Soul Calibur 4 come to mind) and plan on paying cash, please do a great manager a favor and pre-order from Ben @ the Blockbuster on the corner of Dale Mabry & Van Dyke. The main store manager told Ben that if he can get 8 pre-orders by the end of the week, he'll get a PS3 for free.

Anyone get anything from the TRU clearance? The TRU in Brandon is pretty cleaned out. If anyone sees an Ps3 Oblivion or Blue Dragon let me know.

Doubt there is anyone on here w/o a PS2, but i've got a brand new silver slim PS2 w/ receipt for sale for $90. PM me if interested.

*edit*

Just wanted to give thanks in case any lurkers went to the Blockbuster on Van Dyke and pre-ordered from Ben. I went to BB and he said he got his PS3 last night along with Metal Gear Solid 4.

Man, the TRU in Brandon didnt have crap for clearance games. I was really hoping to find a bunch of Fantastic 4's so I could flip them. They checked every store in the area and none had it in stock >

[quote name='Bezerker']Man, the TRU in Brandon didnt have crap for clearance games. I was really hoping to find a bunch of Fantastic 4's so I could flip them. They checked every store in the area and none had it in stock >

Are there any places around Tampa that can resurface discs? Just got back from Gamestop and I bought a not so pristine copy of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zache']Are there any places around Tampa that can resurface discs? Just got back from Gamestop and I bought a not so pristine copy of game.[/quote]

This has happened to me as well. I believe that Play N Trade resurfaces discs.

I have a factory sealed copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Gold Edition) that I'd like to trade for a sealed copy of Blue Dragon. If anyone is interested, PM me. I live near Bearss & Livingston.

Thanks to everyone who answered, might as well head to Play N Trade since it's closer.
I need to ask though, do they use a machine or Disc Doctor?

[quote name='Segasonic01']Were any CAGs at the Blockbuster on Gunn & anderson this morning?[/quote]

*waves*

Was that you on line that I asked if the sale didn't work at the other store?

I left a lot of really good flips at the store. I didn't want to buy multiple copies because the manager that was working is already suspicious of my flipping ways. I plan on going tonight after 7 since he wont be working.

Were you the guy with long hair? I knew the moment I saw someone buying multiple copies & a paper in hand, it had to be a CAG. I wanna do one more flip this morning so I can get Battlefield. What stores did you not go to? You didn't come to the one on Waters/Armenia, did you? They still had some SM3s left.

Yea, i'm the guy with the long hair. I may have left some minor stuff at the Waters store, all in all I hit up:

Anderson/Gunn, Waters/Hanley, Hillsborough in U-save shopping Center, Florida/Bearss, Van Dyke/Dale Mabry, and LoL Gamerush

I know the Bruce B Downs/Fletcher store had a shitload of good flips left. I'm out of BB credit right now, but I was able to turn $210 cash & $120 GS credit into $750 BB credit, and then that $750 BB credit into about $300 worth of games, a Wii, and I still have $550 GS credit left. God I love flipping.

BTW, if there is anyone interested, I'm selling the Wii for $275. Its new/sealed and comes with receipt.

Use your credit to buy me a MGS PS3 :D

I might go tomorrow & hit up the one on Hillsbrough near the flea market saturday. I could use about $40 more GS credit so I can pre-order Yakuza 2.

I cant even find a MGS PS3 anywhere. If I could, I would've sold it to that guy in the request a vg deal for $510 ($250 is too much of a cut for me)

I did find another Wii (2 total). One of the Wii's is currently on ebay w/ a sealed Super Smash Bros for $330 shipped (BIN or best offer). I also bought a few Metal Gear Solid LE's. These things are selling like hotcakes on ebay, and I can make at least $20 cash profit on each, not to mention each one only costs me $25~.

Whatever happened to Roufuss, I thought he moved back to Tampa. Seems to be just me and Sega lately.

[quote name='Bezerker']
Whatever happened to Roufuss, I thought he moved back to Tampa. Seems to be just me and Sega lately.[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. Otherguy is moving to Orlando & we'll be the only Tampa CAGs. ;)

[quote name='Bezerker']Whatever happened to Roufuss, I thought he moved back to Tampa. Seems to be just me and Sega lately.[/quote]

Roufuss was originally over here in Pinellas, and I think he was still in Pinellas when he came back. He just used to drive over to Tampa a lot, and so did I, though not much any more. I thought about hitting some Tampa Blockbuster stores until I read about just how thoroughly you were destroying them. ;)

I don't get it... what's the big deal w/ Blockbuster?

I shredded my BB card ages ago.
shitty customer service, scuffed up games, & never what i want in stock.

Blockbuster has a B1G1 sale, and Gametop has a Trade 2 get $10 deal making it so you can double the money you spend at BB in Gamestop credit. Gamestop sells games you can then double your credit at Blockbuster. Rinse and repeat

For example:

Buy Eye of Judgement for $18 at GS, Trade it for $36 at BB

Buy $36 of games at Blockbuster and trade them for up to $72 at GS

Buy $72 of flips at GS and trade them for $144 at Blockbuster

So in two trips you've turned $18 cash into $144 credit, from one game. I originally only had $210 cash and $120 GS credit a week and a half ago. Since then i've earned $1,300 GS credit and still have $150 BB and $200 GS credit left for more flips.

If someone is St. Pete wants to get me the sonic Heroes/Monkey Ball DX 2-pack for Xbox from the Baywalk GS next time they're there, that would be awesome (if it's complete).

oh, and Berzerker, the BB on Bruce B Downs still has a lot of SM3s left as well as Mario Party 5

Yea, I was there yesterday morning. I've been trying to stick away from buying more than 2 copies of a game due to the fact i've already traded at every location in Hillsborough county except for International & Westshore, and you never know when something is gonna drop in value.

I'm out of BB credit again, but I racked up another $220 GS credit thanks to the store on Dale Mabry/Fletcher (grabbed 22 games, no duplicates). I'll probably go to a few GS's tomorrow and find some more stuff to flip back to Blockbuster since its dump day.

I haven't even touched the Brandon or Pinellas market. It's ready hard to do on weekdays when you work 10am-7pm. On weekends, I barely feel like going to the malls here.

brandon dont got nuthin but SM3. If u go to that GS in my previous post, I will give u the cash for that Sonic/Monkeyball if it's complete and u wanna use ur credit.

The Blockbuster on Florida/Bearss had a disc only Suikoden 4. They also had Mario Party 4 & 5, and Psychonauts (XBX) for $9.99 - $14.99. I'm somewhat low on BB credit, so I left them for now.

*edit*

Woot, I sold my Wii to a girl at work, and the Wii Fit to a guy who works a mile away from where I work. Been a damn good week thus far.

Berzerker, how do you know which games to trade in Gamestop, do you have like a special list? or you just guess based on how new the games are??? Sorry about the ignorance in this subject, but I just want to get enough credit so I can buy my PS3. That's really all I want, so don't worry about any "competition" which I am probably will never represent.

The GS promotion is over anyways. Theres a new one going, but its nowhere near as good.

The store on Waters & Armenia had quite an array of 360 games from $9.99 - $14.99. The B1G1 goes on til next month.

Someone must've just traded them. All the $10 games they had last time I looked were Spider-Man 3s.

My friend traded Dark Sector for $8 the other day. Does this mean that the sale price is $15 now?

IF there are any Lakeland CAGs, Toys R Us still has 2 copies of FFVI for $8, 1 Zack & wiki for $8, & 2 of that magic game for DS for $8. I bought one FFVI & left the rest, just so I could trade it. They also had F4:RotSS for Wii which I thought would be $4 but rang up $16.

OK, which one of you has been trading a lot of games at my Blockbuster (Armenia/Hillsborough)? I saw 2 Octomanias, HC:BFTP, Vikings, Condemned 2s, etc. They're starting to become suspicious of me. I think I know who it is, but have one of you lurkers started BB flipping? >.

I think i've traded 1 of each of those games to that location. The only thing i've traded multiples of at that store would've been Octomania, Harry Potter, Fatal Inertia, and Fantastic 4.

I usually try to avoid that store as 9/10 people shopping there look like they are probably carrying a gun or knife. Usually their games are in shitty condition as well.. I'm going to be hitting up the Bruce B Downs & Florida BB's tomorrow along with the Fowler GS's. Hopefully you didnt buy up all the Octomania's.

Berzerker, I'll be nice & tell you the ones that I bought the Octos at. All on Dale Mabry. Folwer & Citrus Park Mall should still have some. Wont the TIV drop Sunday anyways?

bread's done
Back