Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Its possible that it could hold for another week. It took some of the other games quite a while to drop. If it does happen to hold, the game is available via gamestop's website, so I could always do a big order and get the rush shipping.

I'll be going first thing tomorrow morning, so the TIV dropping on Sunday wont be an issue.

Being that we both do excessive trading at multiple blockbusters, isn't it a matter of time before we both get banned? If it does come to that, couldn't we have someone like a family member creater an account & trade on that?

damn, you guys do have a lot of time and $ for gas, I tried starting flipping, and I think that my lack of experience combined with your killing of all trading games at stores just got me out of it. I dont blame you, if I knew how everything works like you guys, I'll be killing em all too.

Welcome aznguyen316, you finally made it to USF, hope you like it, just don't go out adventuring at night around the neighborhood. hehehe...

I'm located in NW Tampa.. at Memorial Hwy and Hillsborough ave. Got that Gamestop right at that corner. Just got my undergrad from Kansas Univerisity going to grad school at USF in Public Health. I need a quick temporary job asap to get rent paid for the next month or so... thought about applying at Gamestop but hear they pay like crap etc. There's a new Best buy opening in this area that's also hiring so I may try that.

So where I'm from in KS the blockbusters did not buy back games.. I assume all the BB's here have trade in values for games? I look forward to being apart of the Tampa CAG community =)

[quote name='aznguyen316']I'm located in NW Tampa.. at Memorial Hwy and Hillsborough ave. Got that Gamestop right at that corner. Just got my undergrad from Kansas Univerisity going to grad school at USF in Public Health. I need a quick temporary job asap to get rent paid for the next month or so... thought about applying at Gamestop but hear they pay like crap etc. There's a new Best buy opening in this area that's also hiring so I may try that.

So where I'm from in KS the blockbusters did not buy back games.. I assume all the BB's here have trade in values for games? I look forward to being apart of the Tampa CAG community =)[/quote]

Don't go to Gamestop, they pay crap, Bestbuy is also not a good place to do it well. Try going to Citrus Park Mall, which is taking Memorial/Sheldon road going north, pass Waters Ave., Linebaugh Ave., then you get to Citrus Park Mall. There is a ton of places to work, specially good restaurants. You are going to love commuting to USF like me for 45 min. or so. I live like 2 min. from where you are. Anyways man, if you have any questions about this area, let me know.

[quote name='machtdh']You are going to love commuting to USF like me for 45 min. or so. I live like 2 min. from where you are.[/quote]

:shock:
I live around downtown St. Petersburg and it only takes me about 45 minutes to get to the Tampa campus!

lol I hope not 45min. I'm lookin at maps and my GPS lookin at 30min so I hope no more than 40 lol.. thanks for the welcome guys will check out the mall, not sure where I'd work there though o_O

[quote name='Segasonic01']when are we gonna do a Tampa CAG meetup?[/quote]

Yeah, I second that motion, we need to do one. count me in.

[quote name='elmyra']:shock:
I live around downtown St. Petersburg and it only takes me about 45 minutes to get to the Tampa campus![/quote]
The problem is not the distance, is the traffic. In the worst days is usually 45 min, but I am actually counting in the time you take to park. :drool:

[quote name='machtdh']Yeah, I second that motion, we need to do one. count me in.[/quote]

I'd be in.. would like to meet some people around the area

went to USF today took about 35min to get there and another 10-15 to park across the street off fletcher and walk my ass to the College of Public Health building lol. I'm enrolling in 3 online grad courses so I'm good for not going out to campus for awhile haha

[quote name='machtdh']The problem is not the distance, is the traffic. In the worst days is usually 45 min, but I am actually counting in the time you take to park. :drool:[/quote]

Yeah, it's I-275 all the way for me, so it's not so bad (unless it's rush hour).

[quote name='aznguyen316']went to USF today took about 35min to get there and another 10-15 to park across the street off fletcher and walk my ass to the College of Public Health building lol. I'm enrolling in 3 online grad courses so I'm good for not going out to campus for awhile haha[/quote]

I'm in grad school as well, and most of my classes have been online so far. I love distance education. :D

I don't have the parking problems you guys describe. Maybe it's because I mostly take evening classes when I have to show up in person.

[quote name='machtdh']Yeah, I second that motion, we need to do one. count me in.[/quote]
About 3 months ago, I offered to host one, but no1 evger really followed through. If everyone can agree on a date, then we can do it wherever you guys want, but we gotta actually DECIDE this time

[quote name='Segasonic01']About 3 months ago, I offered to host one, but no1 evger really followed through. If everyone can agree on a date, then we can do it wherever you guys want, but we gotta actually DECIDE this time[/quote]

Yeah, there is this place called "Mandaly Arcade" on clearwater beach. They have 3 HDTVs hooked up to all the consoles there are. Plus they have arcade games like DDR and stuff. It's not that expensive and the place is cool too. To me it sounds like a good place to meet, that way nobody has to have place or anything like that. Let's put this thing together boys, it would be cool to have more gaming enthusiasts as friends.
the date should be the weekend before classes start, August 25th.
Check the place out on their myspace page

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=370120393

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Segasonic01']I can't drive to clearwater :(

How bout Gameworks?[/quote]

Why can't you drive to clearwater? Too far? Anyways, Gameworks is not a bad idea neither. Let's put up a vote. (Segasonic if you can't drive maybe we can carpool) Which place is the best, Gameworks in Ybor City or Mandalay Arcade in Clearwater Beach. Post your votes and then we'll set up a date.

Gameworks is awesome. I love it cuz they have giant stuffed Sonic characters. If we do it there, every Tampa CAG can put their points together & get me Sonic toys :p

ok, it looks that the only people in are Segasonic, aznguyen and me so far... common there are a ton of freaking CAGS around here, step up people and lets make one hell of a party!

Otherguy moved to Orlando, so idk if he'd be in or not. You out there, Otherguy? Berzerker told me if we have one, he's out, so he's accounted for. The only other ppl I can think of are Elmyra & that level1 guy

well Gameworks has a full restaurant and they sell beer. Mandalay arcade has like a vending machine only. is not that big really. it seems we are going for Gameworks.

I'm cool with Gameworks.

How about Thursday night August 21 or Friday night August 22 ?

I was hoping we could do some kind of mini swap meet thing at someone's house (a after-after party?), that way I could bring some of my old games for trade. I also have a few games factory sealed, ie Twilight Princess, Baten Kaitos Origins, Marvel UA, etc I'd like to trade.

I'm was trying to shoot for a Sunday, since that's the only day I'm guaranteed to have off of work. If you guys decide a time tho, I'll see what I can do.

I would prefer on thursday or friday night also, but of course we will count votes. And about the trading thingy, I live WAY too far from Gameworks, but I am up for it. I have stuff I would like to trade too. Anyways, my vote is for Thursday or Friday Night of next week. Post your votes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Segasonic01']I'm was trying to shoot for a Sunday, since that's the only day I'm guaranteed to have off of work. If you guys decide a time tho, I'll see what I can do.[/quote]

i won't mind a sunday night. so how about the 24th?

i'm going on vacation today, will be back on the 19th.

peace

hmm the job I applied at, the hours work for either Thurs night or Sun night.. but if I don't get it, anytime is preferred lol. So I'm good for whatever

I have a job interview at 7PM this Sunday =( I don't know how long it will last though but I should able to make it out afterward? Or would that be too late. I'm guessing no more than an hour later, the interview is for apple store at the International Plaza.

anyway, someone should PM the info to everyone, so we know who we're looking for lol. My name is Jonathan, I am a Vietnamese dude so look for me if we're gonna be doing this Sun night, lol. read my profile if you want some info about me but I don't think I have much there though =D

Alright, since there are not that many of us going, we should do it at 8 PM. That way aznguyen can make it without missing much. I will be looking exactly as my profile pic... :) jk... I'm 5'10'', light brown hair, green eyes, most likely with a Polo-style shirt and jeans. hahaha... I just read this and there will probably be 20 people fitting that description. Just look for a guy that looks like he is waiting for someone. My name is Diego btw.

I'm 75% sure I can go. Can we make it 7, and just wait around till Azn gets there to play? I wanna marvel at the giant Sonic toys for about 30 mins, then cry for another 30 because I cant win them.

I am a white guy, 5'0-11" with brown hair & really fat. I'll probably be wearing a Sonic shirt & jeans

Edit: what time are they open to on Sundays? Is Ybor really crowded sunday nights?

yeah you guys do whatever I should be out sooner than later (I hope). I don't know what it all consists of honestly and hope not to be late. I also want to know if Ybor is busy on sundays, just curious mostly.

edit: damn you guys are tall, I'm 5'6" shit.. so is it just us 3?

So far it looks that is only us three and according to what Sonic said Bezerker should be joining us too. Anyways, Ybor is not busy on sunday nights, mostly families or older couples are around Ybor on Sundays. You should be able to park with no problem in the parking garage that is on 15th st. and 8th. ave or the one on 16th and 7th. Anyways, I'll be there at 7PM.

cool will see you guys there then. The two times I been there I was able to park on the street at the meters so I'll look for that as I don't know the street names yet. Awesome, will look for yas

No, Berzerker is not comming, i guess it's just us. Where the hell is Otherguy?!?!

I am gonna get someone to just drop me off, but I'll prolly have to go at 10 :(

[quote name='Segasonic01']We still on? I'll be there at 7. I am bringing a friend of mine as well. I'll also be in a Sonic shirt to help with identification ;)[/quote]

we are still on man. I'll be there at 7. I'll have a white Nike shirt and jeans.

damn sorry dudes, my interview ran 2 hours.. it was this whole group thing it was pretty ridiculous. I made it out to Gameworks around 9:30 but didn't see any two dudes.. walked around all over so I guess you guys left.. no one looked like they recognized me so yeah.. next time?

bread's done
Back