Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

Hey Tampa CAGs!

I was at the Target on Waters (@ Veterans Expressway) on Monday, and finally found a newer game that was clearance, :360: 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand for $14.98. It was stickered @ $41.98, so I was surprised it rang up for so much less.

So, I bought this game on principal ("I finally found something!"), and while it is still in the shrinkwrap, I am having buyers remorse. For $5 more, I can have a game I am actually eager to get my hands on (Street Fighter IV or Bionic Commando).

Sorry for the long story. I just wanted to offer it to the forum for what I spent on it (+ tax) before I just go and return the thing back to Target.

PM me if you are interested.

I saw a set at super walmart on causeway blvd in brandon Im thinking of picking some up myself but I dont have $90+ right now:hot:

[quote name='colk']I saw a set at super walmart on causeway blvd in brandon Im thinking of picking some up myself but I dont have $90+ right now:hot:[/QUOTE]

no man, I mean the drums on clearance for $35. I don't want to pay $90 for these things.

Haven't seen any RB drums on clearance, but at the Target on Bloomingdale I saw 1 copy of Riddick for $14.xx and 2 copies of HAWX for $14.xx. I have no interest in either, and since there was only 1 copy of one, and two of the other, I decided not to flip them. GL fellow TB CAgs.

[quote name='darthmalice777']Haven't seen any RB drums on clearance, but at the Target on Bloomingdale I saw 1 copy of Riddick for $14.xx and 2 copies of HAWX for $14.xx. I have no interest in either, and since there was only 1 copy of one, and two of the other, I decided not to flip them. GL fellow TB CAgs.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I want both of those for that price, and would have met up with you to exchange cash for games. Oh, the horror! :cry:

The HollyWood Videos in the area that have Saints Row 2 have dropped the price to $24.99, so they qualify for the $4.99 sale. Picked up two copies at HWV in Riverview, there were still 3 left.

[quote name='darthmalice777']The HollyWood Videos in the area that have Saints Row 2 have dropped the price to $24.99, so they qualify for the $4.99 sale. [/QUOTE]

What's the $4.99 sale?

[quote name='darthmalice777']The HollyWood Videos in the area that have Saints Row 2 have dropped the price to $24.99, so they qualify for the $4.99 sale. Picked up two copies at HWV in Riverview, there were still 3 left.[/QUOTE]

I work in Brandon. Where is this store in Riverview?

The $4.99 sale is all used games at HWV priced $29.99 or less are on sale for $4.99.

The Riverview store is located on the corner of Boyette Rd and McMullen Rd.

[quote name='darthmalice777']The HollyWood Videos in the area that have Saints Row 2 have dropped the price to $24.99, so they qualify for the $4.99 sale. Picked up two copies at HWV in Riverview, there were still 3 left.[/QUOTE]
I picked up my copy at Citrus Park HWV yesterday, and they had 2 left then.

[quote name='darthmalice777']The $4.99 sale is all used games at HWV priced $29.99 or less are on sale for $4.99.

The Riverview store is located on the corner of Boyette Rd and McMullen Rd.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, went and picked up SR2 complete in original box and mint instructions. They have two left in the HWV boxes if anyone is stil linterested.

The HWV on the corner of Bloomingdale and Providence had Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 and NHL 09 for $24.99, so they both qualified for the sale now too. There were quite a few copies of Both Saints Row 2 and Smackdown vs Raw 2009 for both PS3 and 360.

7-ELEVEN (#32733)2401 JAMES REDMAN PKWY, PLANT CITY, FL 33566 had copies of Call of Duty World At War(360/PS3), Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3(360/PS3) for $36.99.

I'm not sure if this is a universal clearout/sale for all 7-11s or ones that still have stock left, I've yet to check any other area 7-11s to see if they've had similar price drops.

[quote name='MrErinEsurance']7-ELEVEN (#32733)2401 JAMES REDMAN PKWY, PLANT CITY, FL 33566 had copies of Call of Duty World At War(360/PS3), Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3(360/PS3) for $36.99.

I'm not sure if this is a universal clearout/sale for all 7-11s or ones that still have stock left, I've yet to check any other area 7-11s to see if they've had similar price drops.[/QUOTE]

I created a specific thread on this, as the 7-Eleven @ Sheldon and Linebaugh had these games as well, and saw them at one other location. IMO, the only bargin is Fallout 3 (GOW2 retails for $39.99).

Thanks for validating that this a little more widespread than my local one.

[quote name='MEKanical']The SuperTarget on Bruce B. Downs has 3 copies left of FEAR 2 for 12.48 when I left at 3:25pm....[/QUOTE]

I went last night and they did not have any FEAR 2 left. I bought the last Dead Space for PS3 at 20.98. I did not see any deals on 360 games, but several other PS3 games were marked down. However nothing great.

RB6V was 20.98 I think, Riddick was 27 and Bionic Commando marked at 41. None real good deals. There were others, but I cant remember them as they werent any better.

If anyone's looking for Madworld, the Target on Hills/Montague has it for $14.98. It has an original price of $29.98, so it should be going down to $7.48 at some point.

The Target on Bloomingdale has GH:WT bundles (game & wireless guitar) for $22.xx for PS3 and $15ish for PS2. There were prob 3-5 of each system, but no 360 dammit! Just thought I'd let you guys know if you wanted to get a deal/flip fodder. Happy hunting!

Best Buy on 60 in Brandon restocked many penny guides if anyone here is interested. I saw SF4, Killzone, Bionic Commando, and Dead Space. Maybe more

Are they marked in any way?I mean versus the non-pennied guides? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but I can never seem to find jack shit at that store when it comes to sales/clearances.

They wont be marked a penny, technically they're not even supposed to be out on the floor. Brandon & Clearwater stores are always great for the penny guides. I've yet to go to the Clearwater one, but I know they re-stocked penny guides during the last drop.

I need to go on another Lakeland & Lake Wales trip. The last time I went to Lake Wales, I hit a goldmine when it came to Sears & TRU clearances. Now that people are back in school, I really need to just take a day off of work so its a lot less hassle than going on the weekend.

...hey so today I found out (they found out today as well) that the Hollywood Video on Hillsborough will be closing down. HOWEVER...from what I've heard they will not be having a liquidation sale but instead will be transferring merchandise to other stores/back to corporate...they are set to completely close on Sept. 20th.

Just wanted to make you guys aware just in case they decide to do any last minute deals...it just seems like a lot of games/movies to transfer out. But I don't know if they'll have any deals going on.

[quote name='super_dawn']...hey so today I found out (they found out today as well) that the Hollywood Video on Hillsborough will be closing down. HOWEVER...from what I've heard they will not be having a liquidation sale but instead will be transferring merchandise to other stores/back to corporate...they are set to completely close on Sept. 20th.

Just wanted to make you guys aware just in case they decide to do any last minute deals...it just seems like a lot of games/movies to transfer out. But I don't know if they'll have any deals going on.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty agnostic, but stuff like this does make me believe that there is some absolute deity out there. I think im gonna find out what time Katherine gets off on the last day and blast Queen's "Another one bites the dust" in the parking lot.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Damn so thats only 2 HWVs left in Tampa[/QUOTE]

possibly one....I just got a call about an hour ago. Our store (56th st) is closed too. Totally different reasons...I guess somebody hasn't been paying the rent. :bomb: .....

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm pretty agnostic, but stuff like this does make me believe that there is some absolute deity out there. I think im gonna find out what time Katherine gets off on the last day and blast Queen's "Another one bites the dust" in the parking lot.[/QUOTE]

LOL! nice. She actually didn't seem too upset about them closing so I guess she has some plans.

Count me in...WOuld love to just know more gamers in Tampa Bay I have lived here two years and well the only people i play with are my wife and son as for gaming well yeah...lol

hey all, i'm coming down to tampa to visit my parents this weekend and I needed to get some discs resurfaced. I live in the New Tampa area off Bruce B. Downs. Anyone know a good, cheap place that would be near me? The town I live in right now sucks for resurfacing. I found only one place here and they charge $3.75/disc which is ridiculous. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[quote name='Staraang21']hey all, i'm coming down to tampa to visit my parents this weekend and I needed to get some discs resurfaced. I live in the New Tampa area off Bruce B. Downs. Anyone know a good, cheap place that would be near me? The town I live in right now sucks for resurfacing. I found only one place here and they charge $3.75/disc which is ridiculous. Any help is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

It's usually a $1 per disc to refurbish at Hollywood Video...but with the recent "closings" .. I think the only ones open are Citrus Park and Riverview. If my store on 56th gets it act together and reopens in the next day or two we can do it there.

[quote name='Staraang21']Do you guys use one of those big fancy expensive machines to do it?[/QUOTE]

sorry for the late response....but yea the machine we use is about $600 retail.

super_dawn you work at that store. wouldnt happen to be black would you? if so I apologize for being a smart ass to you when i went in there during the beginning of that last VG sale you guys had.

I came back to exchange games only to be told that all sales were final. I wasnt to happy about it and made a bunch of sarcastic comments only to come back two days later and buy more when you were working.

In my defense you probably ended up getting some of the good stock that I coveted so much, and I was in a bad mood from driving around all day. If you arent that guy though go fuck yourself : )

[quote name='Flyers179']super_dawn you work at that store. wouldnt happen to be black would you? if so I apologize for being a smart ass to you when i went in there during the beginning of that last VG sale you guys had.

I came back to exchange games only to be told that all sales were final. I wasnt to happy about it and made a bunch of sarcastic comments only to come back two days later and buy more when you were working.

In my defense you probably ended up getting some of the good stock that I coveted so much, and I was in a bad mood from driving around all day. If you arent that guy though go fuck yourself : )[/QUOTE]

Why does everyone think I'm a guy?! LOL I'm a girl! ...and white, pale white actually. ;) ....ahh you spoke with Lorenzo. He's worked for HWV as long as I have and we've been great work friends. He must of been having a bad day if you were following our policies. We can only exchange for the same title (if we have it) or we can try to buff the game. If that does not work then we can exchange for a different title game, same price. It all depends on the circumstances.

[quote name='super_dawn']Why does everyone think I'm a guy?! LOL I'm a girl! ...and white, pale white actually. ;) ....ahh you spoke with Lorenzo. He's worked for HWV as long as I have and we've been great work friends. He must of been having a bad day if you were following our policies. We can only exchange for the same title (if we have it) or we can try to buff the game. If that does not work then we can exchange for a different title game, same price. It all depends on the circumstances.[/QUOTE]

Funny I figured you were a girl from your name and avatar but thought maybe I was wrong ha ha.

So Dawn, how are things going with the store? I heard from another store that everything should be getting renegotiated as far as the rent was concerned.

[quote name='Bezerker']So Dawn, how are things going with the store? I heard from another store that everything should be getting renegotiated as far as the rent was concerned.[/QUOTE]

Yup rent was now taken care of...I work tomorrow night. Nice to finally have a shift. But I heard a couple days ago Citrus Park is now closing and one of the stores in Riverview. ....I'm thinking the reason we're still open is because this particular store was always considered the "training" store and has ample storage space. ...its certainly not because we get a lot of business.

Any idea which Riverview one? Got two kinda close, not sure which is which as far as cities for these 2 stores go. Any idea if they'll be liquidating some games/movies that other stores won't need?

[quote name='darthmalice777']Any idea which Riverview one? Got two kinda close, not sure which is which as far as cities for these 2 stores go. Any idea if they'll be liquidating some games/movies that other stores won't need?[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot to ask which one it was when I worked ...No liquidation process though! All the stores closing in the area are boxing stuff up and sending back to corporate! No sales as far as I know. The mgr from citrus park is coming to our store after they're done boxing everything up.

Well dammit! Losing a store close to home and no sales! At least there's still 2 others within 10 min or so. If you do hear anything else dawn, please let me know. Thanks as always for the inside HWV scoop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...still not sure which Riverview store is closing, it might even be 2 of them out of the 3...was talking to another employee earlier today. Also heard they are closing the Port Richey store now too. All of us employees are on the edge right now because 1. we don't know *when* we will be closing (we all expect it) 2. we lose our jobs before then because our new mgr seems to want to kick us out and bring his ppl from the citrus park store over. eeerrrrg...sorry, tiny vent here.

Yea, i'm hoping the store credit I had at Citrus Park isnt gone for good. I also have credit at Port Richey and one of the Riverview stores...

Apparently the Tyrone Hollywood Video in St. Pete closed this week. The 9th Street store seems to be staying open, though I'm not sure about Largo or Dunedin.

Did you see it for yourself? I went by there last week and it was open with no signage about closing. Also, I'm not sure where in Largo there is/was a Hollywood Video but I'm thinking it's long gone.

[quote name='rodieremix']Did you see it for yourself? I went by there last week and it was open with no signage about closing. Also, I'm not sure where in Largo there is/was a Hollywood Video but I'm thinking it's long gone.[/QUOTE]

I just went to the 9th Street location last night (Wednesday), and one of the guys from Tyrone was working there. He said Tyrone got shut down in a hurry and that Tuesday was the last day they were open.

The Largo store is at East Bay Drive and Belcher.

I just called the Tyrone store phone number, and there was no answer. I also called Largo, and the woman who answered said that Tyrone was shut down with 1 day notice - they got the word the day before. She said that as far as anyone knows, Largo will remain open, since they just got a huge merchandise shipment.

[quote name='elmyra']
I just called the Tyrone store phone number, and there was no answer. I also called Largo, and the woman who answered said that Tyrone was shut down with 1 day notice - they got the word the day before. She said that as far as anyone knows, Largo will remain open, since they just got a huge merchandise shipment.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy that they only gave one-day notice. I guess it's more than what Bennigan's gave. Thanks for the info.

*stomach churning* uggh...one day notice. I was hoping for more than that. I keep telling the ppl I work with to start looking for new jobs now. don't wait.

Hey guys, in case anyone cares, Best Buy in Brandon price matched the B2G1 sale Toysrus is having. They also are giving away free Fallout 3 guides with purchase of another guide or the game. Thats for the regular edition. For CE, i think it said it was half off.

bread's done
Back