Target Ad 12/26-12/29: Farcry 3, Black Ops 2, Halo 4, NFSMW, ACIII, and more ($39.99)

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
***EDIT: I mistakenly stated the ad starts Sunday, when it in fact starts after Christmas. Sorry for the inconvenience***

Couple of good price match opportunities next week!

$49.99 Games
:360::ps3:
NHL 13
FIFA 13

$39.99
:360::ps3:
Far Cry 3
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Wii U listed too)
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed III (possibly for Wii U as well)
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Forza Horizon
Hitman Absolution
Epic Mickey 2 (also for Wii)

Just Dance 4 (Wii U)

$29.99
:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 4
:360::wii: Zumba Fitness Core
:wii: Lego LOTR

:3ds: Regular 3DS Console - $145

:wii: Skylanders Giants Console Bundle - $125

B2G1 50% off all Wii U Games and Skylander Single Character Packs

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone seen the best buy ad preferably for 12/26 -29? the blu ray prices have been out for the past couple of days but nnothing about game prices.I expect it to be similar to targets game prices from past years. hoping RE 6 drops below the $39.99 price tag.

[quote name='nwoilluminati']i agree on this deal. that would be tough to beat.[/QUOTE]

not if you have unused Best Buy game preorder certificates...

Going to try and exchange Halo 4 I purchased from Best Buy for Call of Duty BO2 with the target ad so hopefully it'll be an even exchange.

[quote name='jefexp']Not all of us are willing to shell out 70. As for me, I would love to, but that extra 30 is being used towards gifts. It is a great deal though, I wish I could take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

You know you can return the other game for $35 right?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']You know you can return the other game for $35 right?[/QUOTE]

Forgot about that...Well it's still too much of a hassle for me. Every toysrus in my area are sold out and my best buy's are very strict with pming. I can wait one more day to get the game I want for 40 lol

lol at Forza Horizon for 40. Far Cry 3....I want it, but I got a nice backlog of games to play, plus I just started getting into fighting games again (SSF4ae2012 w/ PS Plus, and Doa 5), so I think I'm set for a very long time.

Really hope I can price match BOps2 and AC3 for WiiU at Walmart. Walmart is less than 3 miles away from home and Target/Best Buy is about 30 miles away. Hopefully it's pictured in the ad. Any Ad Scans around yet?

[quote name='KonohaShinobi']The title says ACII, I was confused as to how assassins creed 2 for $40 would be a deal lol[/QUOTE]

fixed, thanks.

It it bad that I already own every big new release that has come out the past 6 months... I can't even think of a game I want to buy anymore except for Resident Evil 6, and I just want to trade for that.. not purchase it.

Super-sweet deal for FC3. If my backlog wasn't so big, I'd be all over it.

On second thought, I do have some RZ certificates and that mystery certificate, so I might pm at BB...

[quote name='litepink']***EDIT: I mistakenly stated the ad starts Sunday, when it in fact starts after Christmas. Sorry for the inconvenience***
[/QUOTE]

litepink, you just smashed my heart into itty-bitty pieces.

[quote name='blume3']Nice going to PM Far Cry 3 at BB. I picked it up when the had the $40 gift card deal.[/QUOTE]

Better check your receipt; typically when they include GC's they reduce the value of the games. So, doing a PM might not actually be possible in this case.

So just walked out of target confused with a full priced black ops 2 then saw the edit to the OP. Looked up their price match policy but only found the holiday price match policy. Anyone know if I can bring in my receipt and match it after Xmas? If not I'll just return it and get it at best buy.

[quote name='honzoh']Better check your receipt; typically when they include GC's they reduce the value of the games. So, doing a PM might not actually be possible in this case.[/QUOTE]

I did this deal for FC3 and Halo. My receipt list both games at $59.99 And underneath each game it says "Package Gift Card $20." I'd assume this means it's ripe for price matching.

Anybody know how they refund the difference when you do a PM for a purchase you used gift cards on? I'm hoping they just give you a new gift card, cause I used all my old gift cards in that deal last week. :D

[quote name='LetGoLightly']Anybody know how they refund the difference when you do a PM for a purchase you used gift cards on? I'm hoping they just give you a new gift card, cause I used all my old gift cards in that deal last week. :D[/QUOTE]
Yes they will give you a new gift card if you no longer have the one you used to purchase.

[quote name='WesWarlord']I did this deal for FC3 and Halo. My receipt list both games at $59.99 And underneath each game it says "Package Gift Card $20." I'd assume this means it's ripe for price matching.[/QUOTE]

it means your games were $39.99, and games would have to be less to pm.

Thought this deal started today should of checked before I left to BB for a PM. Oh well going to have to go back on Wednesday.

[quote name='lochdoun']I'm glad this sale starts after Christmas, who would want to fight those crowds???[/QUOTE]

You don't think there is going to be a huge line at customer service the day after Xmas?

[quote name='Stimes']You don't think there is going to be a huge line at customer service the day after Xmas?[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I am scared of. I think might go early to the store at opening to avoid the crowds. PMing on the phone might be a nightmare too, if many people call Best Buy.

Just to confirm, I could get black ops today and come back when the sale starts to price match and get back the difference? :)

[quote name='jefexp']Just to confirm, I could get black ops today and come back when the sale starts to price match and get back the difference? :)[/QUOTE]
That's the way it works.

[quote name='Stimes']You don't think there is going to be a huge line at customer service the day after Xmas?[/QUOTE]
No I don't think there will be a huge line. In actuality the crowd is much less than the Christmas Eve crowd.

Your best bet is to go an hour before closing on the day after Christmas, it's surprisingly empty because most of the maniacs get their returns out of the way early in the morning.

Also, you don't have to go to customer service to price match at Best Buy...

[quote name='lochdoun']No I don't think there will be a huge line. In actuality the crowd is much less than the Christmas Eve crowd.

Your best bet is to go an hour before closing on the day after Christmas, it's surprisingly empty because most of the maniacs get their returns out of the way early in the morning.

Also, you don't have to go to customer service to price match at Best Buy...[/QUOTE]
Don't know if your Best Buy is anything like mine but...
Customer Service is the same line as regular purchases. Gaming/Computer Dept does not do PM. A manager is require for most PM, the same manager who is overriding those returns.

Though, I agree with you that going late in the day is a good idea. The morning will be absolutely slammed due to returns as well as people spending their new giftcards.

I had my ad in the recycling and just searched for it to find the FarCry price just to see this ad is midweek, it's all good though, at least now I know I'm not missing a page or something.

[quote name='Slate Soda']Man, I totally went to Target this morning trying to buy Black Ops II. Haha.[/QUOTE]

Haha I had a day off and decided to buy it and just come back to price match, they only had 2 copies left

Sorry for the noob-level question, but will Target match BB's sale price? Really want WWE 13 for $40. Thanks.

[quote name='monster109']FYI Deals are actually live now!!!!![/QUOTE]

Not ONLY are deals live now, but today only, if you enter the Promo code "XMASGIFT" at checkout after spending $75 -- you get a $10 gift card, BAM!

I used my $10 gc from buying Hitman last week, along with my RedCard Debit card and ended up with Blops2 & Far Cry 3 for $81 (EDIT: before GC payment) w/ another $10 gc back, woot woot! \\:D/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sanges99']
Not ONLY are deals live now, but today only, if you enter the Promo code "XMASGIFT" at checkout after spending $75 -- you get a $10 gift card, BAM!

I used my $10 gc from buying Hitman last week, along with my RedCard Debit card and ended up with Blops2 & Far Cry 3 for $81 w/ another $10 gc back, woot woot! \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you have done 2 for $70? And used your Hitman $10gc?

[quote name='Mako1215']Couldn't you have done 2 for $70? And used your Hitman $10gc?[/QUOTE]

I assume you're talking about the TRU deal from last week? TRU online was sold out of FC3 before I even had a chance to check that sale, and then my nearest TRU store is an hour drive away which I was willing to drive to... until we got a nasty sleet-storm that weekend... annnnd then the store was sold out later in the week.

I'll gladly take this deal as a runner-up since I was super-bummed to miss out on TRU though and I'm at Target constantly.

Gaming/Computer Dept does not do PM. A manager is require for most PM, the same manager who is overriding those returns.

Not true. Best Buy's gaming/computer dept can do PM's. They can enter it in and then will call a Manager for approval. Have done it at least 3 times in the last two weeks.

[quote name='honzoh']Not true. Best Buy's gaming/computer dept can do PM's. They can enter it in and then will call a Manager for approval. Have done it at least 3 times in the last two weeks.[/QUOTE]
Then I guess YMMV. All the store locations in my area have told me they can't do them and direct me to go up front.

bread's done
Back