Target Ad 12/26-12/29: Farcry 3, Black Ops 2, Halo 4, NFSMW, ACIII, and more ($39.99)

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
***EDIT: I mistakenly stated the ad starts Sunday, when it in fact starts after Christmas. Sorry for the inconvenience***

Couple of good price match opportunities next week!

$49.99 Games
:360::ps3:
NHL 13
FIFA 13

$39.99
:360::ps3:
Far Cry 3
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Wii U listed too)
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed III (possibly for Wii U as well)
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Forza Horizon
Hitman Absolution
Epic Mickey 2 (also for Wii)

Just Dance 4 (Wii U)

$29.99
:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 4
:360::wii: Zumba Fitness Core
:wii: Lego LOTR

:3ds: Regular 3DS Console - $145

:wii: Skylanders Giants Console Bundle - $125

B2G1 50% off all Wii U Games and Skylander Single Character Packs

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zolor23']Why doesn't Walmart PM?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the store needs to be in a certain distance to be able to price match it.

[quote name='dvgamer']I'm guessing the store needs to be in a certain distance to be able to price match it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that makes sense.

sweet got Madden, Assassins Creed, and BLOPs2 all for wii u for 108 at target. Time to get 109 best buy credit. Then amazon credit! without this post i wouldnt be getting my bike!

[quote name='cubeenigma']sweet got Madden, Assassins Creed, and BLOPs2 all for wii u for 108 at target. Time to get 109 best buy credit. Then amazon credit! without this post i wouldnt be getting my bike![/QUOTE]

Wait....so you bought those games for $108 to flip them to best buy for $109, only to then buy amazon credit for a bike? What?!?

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Wait....so you bought those games for $108 to flip them to best buy for $109, only to then buy amazon credit for a bike? What?!?[/QUOTE]
yeah pretty much. need a bike off amazon. sister got me a $100 target giftcard and since target no longer sells kindle cards, this is the best idea i had to get amazon credit from target.

still, great deal!

[quote name='cubeenigma']yeah pretty much. need a bike off amazon. sister got me a $100 target giftcard and since target no longer sells kindle cards, this is the best idea i had to get amazon credit from target.

still, great deal![/QUOTE]

When did they stop selling kindle cards?

[quote name='cubeenigma']yeah pretty much. need a bike off amazon. sister got me a $100 target giftcard and since target no longer sells kindle cards, this is the best idea i had to get amazon credit from target.

still, great deal![/QUOTE]Most stores sell pre-paid visas only BB seems to have the ones that don't go up to $500. If I were u I would've took the $100 & went GS to BB to double the money then got a pre-aid visa & bought from amazon

[quote name='Bigmeat23']When did they stop selling kindle cards?[/QUOTE]

when they started clearancing the kindles :/

and I HAD NO CLUE THERE WAS A DEDICATED FLIP THREAD

[quote name='Dead Higher Power']I live in a small town where Walmart is the only store in town, so no pricematching for me... *sigh* Just have to order Far Cry 3 from Target.com[/QUOTE]

You do know about the Target RedCard, right? If you get either a RedCard Credit card OR a RedCard Debit card you get 5% back on all purchases through Target.com (and in stores) but also... free shipping. No sighing needed! ;)

[quote name='Xombie007']I price matched BlOps II, AC III, & FarCry 3 at Toys R Us. The reason I went there instead of getting 'em at Target directly was because I was hoping to use several $5 Rewards R Us coupons that I had. Well it turns out that when you do a price match, TRU's computer system won't accept any of those $5 Rewards R Us coupons!

Not only that... but the $5 Rewards R Us coupons that you earned during the holiday shopping period when they were promoting the 10% rewards for purchases, (i.e. the ones that must be printed out from your e-mail as opposed to being physically mailed to you), have a disclosure statement on them that states no video games, hardware, or accessories can be purchased with them! WTF?! This is NOT mentioned on the standard $5 Rewards R Us coupons that are ususally mailed to you, so why the hell do they have this restriction on the $5 Rewards R Us coupons that you earned during the 10% holiday promo period? Not cool, TRU, not cool![/QUOTE]

TRU is horrible with gift cards or reward cards or anything else. I remember getting screwed out of a 20 gift card I got once because if you read the fine print on the card it said it expired a month after activation. This was during a time where I didn't really need anything new to play so I was saving it for a rainy day. Nope! TRU wasn't having any of that. They shut me down and told me my gift card was worthless the next time I walked in there.

I prefer to avoid TRU at all cost unless they have some unmatchable deal like they did when their GH/RB instrument sets were on sale. At least then I managed to get the full GH World Tour package with drums and everything for 20$. Haven't seen anything that good since though.

Is anyone even finding most of these games in stock?

I went to Target at 9 am (they open at 8, mind you) the day after Christmas to browse, and literally only Hitman was in stock out of the sale games...everything else was sold out. The odd thing was, the store wasn't even that busy considering the day it was.

I went again yesterday to return a shirt and again, nothing...

The whole sale seems kind of redundant when you can't even count on the time to be in stock while its going on..

I found a few copies of BOII there and they had the Nuketown codes with them. I saw other games too but I didn't really pay attention to what was in stock. Might just be your store. YMMV on that one. Try a different Target.

[quote name='jcp42877']Is anyone even finding most of these games in stock?

I went to Target at 9 am (they open at 8, mind you) the day after Christmas to browse, and literally only Hitman was in stock out of the sale games...everything else was sold out. The odd thing was, the store wasn't even that busy considering the day it was.

I went again yesterday to return a shirt and again, nothing...

The whole sale seems kind of redundant when you can't even count on the time to be in stock while its going on..[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're gonna' go RIGHT AFTER Christmas, then it's understandable that the store might be low in stock. Try going today (the last day of the sale) and you may find that they've replenished their shelves by now.

Or you could try a different branch as was already suggested. I have about a dozen Target stores located within a 10 mile radius, so if there is ever a good sale on, I always get what I need. And if this isn't an option for you, then just ask for a copy of their weekly ad, and you can go to Best Buy or Toys R Us to price match.

[quote name='IronZombie']TRU is horrible with gift cards or reward cards or anything else. I remember getting screwed out of a 20 gift card I got once because if you read the fine print on the card it said it expired a month after activation. This was during a time where I didn't really need anything new to play so I was saving it for a rainy day. Nope! TRU wasn't having any of that. They shut me down and told me my gift card was worthless the next time I walked in there.

I prefer to avoid TRU at all cost unless they have some unmatchable deal like they did when their GH/RB instrument sets were on sale. At least then I managed to get the full GH World Tour package with drums and everything for 20$. Haven't seen anything that good since though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they can be pretty sneaky with their promos/reward offers and temporaray gift cards, all of which seem enticing on the surface, but their fine prints & restrictions (especially when the computers are programmed to block said offers) can be quite frustrating. But they've had some pretty good sales as well. I guess you just have to be an equally savvy customer to get the most out of the offers they give.

I currently have a pair of $5 Rewards R Us coupons that they mailed to me expiring on the 31st. And then I have 3 more $5 Rewards R Us coupons that I earned during the 10% holiday promo period (these are the ones that say video games/hardware or accessories are exempt) expiring on 01/11/13. I called the Rewards R Us customer service though, and I was told that the disclosure statement on these rewards coupons might be an error, and that they are supposed to work just like the ones that are physically mailed to me. So I'll give it a shot again later (this time buying games not being price-matched) and see if all 5 of these Rewards R Us coupons work.

Btw, has anyone posted the TRU ad for the week of 12/30/2012 to 01/05/2013 on these forums yet? Because if they have an even better sale for games next week, then I'll hold my Rewards R Us coupons 'til tomorrow (Sunday).

I was thinking about getting FC3 but I don't know. I have been tied up with the other games. I need to give Borderlands a spin again and I already have 5 Wii U games that I have not really played. I have not turned my Wii on in over 2 weeks now, but I have heard FC3 is worth owning and I am so thinking about pulling the trigger on that one today. I just don't know.

[quote name='Mikeatris']I was thinking about getting FC3 but I don't know. I have been tied up with the other games. I need to give Borderlands a spin again and I already have 5 Wii U games that I have not really played. I have not turned my Wii on in over 2 weeks now, but I have heard FC3 is worth owning and I am so thinking about pulling the trigger on that one today. I just don't know.[/QUOTE]

benStillerDoIt1.jpg

target was out of stock, price matched at best buy no prob, got for 16 after gc and trade in, thank you mother in law and old game! and cag of course for the heads up!

oh yeah got far cry 3

[quote name='Xombie007'] I have about a dozen Target stores located within a 10 mile radius, so if there is ever a good sale on, I always get what I need.[/QUOTE]

Interesting to hear that a game is hard to find. Sucks for those who couldn't get it, but I love the idea of game being somewhat hard to obtain. Mario Kart Wii is the last game that I can remember being remotely hard to find. That and Wii Fit, but what Far Cry 3 doesn't have is an accessory packed in with it.

[quote name='litepink']Interesting to hear that a game is hard to find. Sucks for those who couldn't get it, but I love the idea of game being somewhat hard to obtain. Mario Kart Wii is the last game that I can remember being remotely hard to find. That and Wii Fit, but what Far Cry 3 doesn't have is an accessory packed in with it.[/QUOTE]

I was tempted to buy far cry 3 but instead I just keep renting it for free from redbox......but I will say my local target has NOT carried far cry 3 for the 360 ONCE since it was released. Only on ps3... I have no idea why...?

bread's done
Back