Target Ad 12/26-12/29: Farcry 3, Black Ops 2, Halo 4, NFSMW, ACIII, and more ($39.99)

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
***EDIT: I mistakenly stated the ad starts Sunday, when it in fact starts after Christmas. Sorry for the inconvenience***

Couple of good price match opportunities next week!

$49.99 Games
:360::ps3:
NHL 13
FIFA 13

$39.99
:360::ps3:
Far Cry 3
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (Wii U listed too)
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed III (possibly for Wii U as well)
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Forza Horizon
Hitman Absolution
Epic Mickey 2 (also for Wii)

Just Dance 4 (Wii U)

$29.99
:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 4
:360::wii: Zumba Fitness Core
:wii: Lego LOTR

:3ds: Regular 3DS Console - $145

:wii: Skylanders Giants Console Bundle - $125

B2G1 50% off all Wii U Games and Skylander Single Character Packs

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a giftcard today for Target. Tempted to get Far Cry 3 but I think I might just Redbox it instead next time I have a couple days off from work.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Got a giftcard today for Target. Tempted to get Far Cry 3 but I think I might just Redbox it instead next time I have a couple days off from work.[/QUOTE]
Did you apply the promo in-store?

[quote name='jcp42877']Are all these live right now? Cause fc3 still shows $49.99, not $39.99

I was hoping to get $20 back tomorrow..[/QUOTE]

It is still Christmas.lol

[quote name='jcp42877']Are all these live right now? Cause fc3 still shows $49.99, not $39.99

I was hoping to get $20 back tomorrow..[/QUOTE]
It shows $39.99 for me. Did you get it for the PC?

[quote name='sadboy']It shows $39.99 for me. Did you get it for the PC?[/QUOTE]

Nah, PS3...still shows $49.99 on my IPhone browser. Not worried though, I'm sure it'll be $40 in store tomorrow.

Gonna suck standing in the CS line just for a PM though...I actually have NOTHING that needs returning/exchanging this year

I really want Far Cry 3 and with the $25 gift card I got from my sister the price is a steal, but I've heard console performance for the game leaves very much to be desired. Would my fellow CAGs recommend it anyways?

[quote name='Escobear']I really want Far Cry 3 and with the $25 gift card I got from my sister the price is a steal, but I've heard console performance for the game leaves very much to be desired. Would my fellow CAGs recommend it anyways?[/QUOTE]

Heck yea man! Def my GOTY. It has its little issues, but overall, this game is a beast!

[quote name='oasisboy']No amazon price match post yet? What?????[/QUOTE]

This. Submitted the better price elsewhere. Got just over 40 in amazon gift cards, been waiting on this to drop. Still at 50 on amazon though. :cry:

[quote name='johnnyntro']This. Submitted the better price elsewhere. Got just over 40 in amazon gift cards, been waiting on this to drop. Still at 50 on amazon though. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm waiting on another amazon price match too. I can't believe I missed that yesterday.

[quote name='DirkDiggler']Just price matched previous BB online orders by calling them, got $20 off FC3 and BO2, so go for it if you can do the same.[/QUOTE]

Their call center was actually opened yesterday. My wife bet me that it was, so I called to find out and sure-enough. Worked like a charm yesterday and the people were great to talk to. Incredibly friendly for having to work Christmas. They had no problems PMing the online price.

[quote name='Don illmatix']so the deal is online only?[/QUOTE]

Title of thread is "Target Ad" -- why would you think their ad would be online only?

Just got my PM for Far Cry 3 also. I had already PM from Fry's for $50 when it came out and the lady gave me $20 back for this PM. All in all $10 for Far Cry 3 day one purchase if facton in the $20 RZ cert.

The hold time was about 20 mins but about 5 mins after that for the PM.

Jeez, This is painfull calling 1-800 BestBuy for Price Adjustment on FC3 I purchased on release.

-Try to Deny me because I used $55 in reward zone certs towards purchase
-Then said I have to price adjust at time of purchase? I disputed how is that possible? The very definition of price adjustment is IF you find it cheaper within 60 days AFTER you purchased it. Customer service rep agreed and said yea your right.
-Now their checking to make sure local target has it in stock.
-Confirmed stock at local target, now he has to get a special department to add 1k RZ points to account
-Success, now to go to BestBuy store and do the other 3 games (COD Blops II, Halo 4, ACIII)

Took about 20 mins to get rep, been on phone with rep for another 20 mins, and now been on hold for 15 mins lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I get Black Ops2 or AC3? Would be on the WiiU. Already at 67% complete on AC3 on PS3. Anyone recommend BOps2 for WiiU?

BTW Far Cry is my GOTY also. Loved the first one. This sure brings back memories. Haven't played Multiplayer yet

Price matched Halo 4, BO2, and FC3 at BB. Had already pm each one before at $49.99, so this time I got $10 back on each ^^

The deal does include PC games. Bo2 was out on 360 so I tried the PC version even though they didnt advertise it, the price was lower.

Traded in Madden for 27.30, used $5 rz cert, and PM to 39.99 so only $8 out of pocket.

Now time to see if it lives up to the hype. I hated the 2nd.

Got denied for Black Ops 2 price adjustment, they said the holiday extended price match guarantee was only for purchases made on or after Nov.17th. I was under the impression it was for purchases Oct.6th-Nov.17th or Nov.27th-Jan.31rst. Am I wrong or are they?

Went to the Target in downtown Seattle to get FarCry3. It was still at 59.99, and they said it was probably because it was a City Target, so pricing would be different. Either he's BSing or Target is really that lame. Gonna try Northgate.

[quote name='Stimes']Got denied for Black Ops 2 price adjustment, they said the holiday extended price match guarantee was only for purchases made on or after Nov.17th. I was under the impression it was for purchases Oct.6th-Nov.17th or Nov.27th-Jan.31rst. Am I wrong or are they?[/QUOTE]

You're both wrong, but you should have gotten the match.

Holiday price match is for anything bought between November 4th and January 24th, or 30 days after purchase, whatever is longer (or 60 for Silver members). Items bought on Black Friday week are excluded.

I price matched today, and price matched Halo 4 two weeks ago. In fact, today the customer service rep asked their manager real quick "November 13th is that OK?" to which they replied "Holiday Price Match".

So go back, and tell them everyone else has been able to do :)

[quote name='ComTruise']Went to the Target in downtown Seattle to get FarCry3. It was still at 59.99, and they said it was probably because it was a City Target, so pricing would be different. Either he's BSing or Target is really that lame. Gonna try Northgate.[/QUOTE]

I think that's their policy, sadly. They also won't price match other Targets according to their website.

[quote name='litepink']You're both wrong, but you should have gotten the match.

Holiday price match is for anything bought between November 4th and January 24th, or 30 days after purchase, whatever is longer (or 60 for Silver members). Items bought on Black Friday week are excluded.

I price matched today, and price matched Halo 4 two weeks ago. In fact, today the customer service rep asked their manager real quick "November 13th is that OK?" to which they replied "Holiday Price Match".

[/QUOTE]
For Clarification:

EXTENDED HOLIDAY RETURNS: Gift purchases made between November 4, 2012, and December 24, 2012, qualify for our Holiday Return and Exchange policy. Products (goods) purchased as gifts may be returned through January 24, 2013. Terms of our standard policy (including, but not limited to "non-returnable items" and "photo identification required") apply. Carrier contracts for mobile phones and other third party service providers (e.g., DirecTV contracts) do not qualify for the holiday gift policy. Geek Squad® Protection/Trade-In Plus plans returned after 30 days from date of purchase will be refunded at a pro-rated amount. No restocking fees.

[quote name='litepink']You're both wrong, but you should have gotten the match.

[/QUOTE]
Is there somewhere that says Nov. 4th and Jan 24th? I can't find it, would like to get Halo 4 adjusted as well. If anyone could find me a link with those date it would be appreciated.
[quote name='klimb22']For Clarification:

EXTENDED HOLIDAY RETURNS: Gift purchases made between November 4, 2012, and December 24, 2012, qualify for our Holiday Return and Exchange policy. Products (goods) purchased as gifts may be returned through January 24, 2013. Terms of our standard policy (including, but not limited to "non-returnable items" and "photo identification required") apply. Carrier contracts for mobile phones and other third party service providers (e.g., DirecTV contracts) do not qualify for the holiday gift policy. Geek Squad® Protection/Trade-In Plus plans returned after 30 days from date of purchase will be refunded at a pro-rated amount. No restocking fees.[/QUOTE]
This is for returns not price match.

[quote name='Stimes']^Again that is returns policy not price match policy.[/QUOTE]
BB states that price matching can be done during the return and exchange period. So if they extended the return period you should be able to price match. They don't state otherwise.

[quote name='klimb22']BB states that price matching can be done during the return and exchange period. So if they extended the return period you should be able to price match. They don't state otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for that?

I just want amazon to price match far cry 3 again. I originally thought they stopped the $39.99 deal because target.com doesn't have it available online, but they also don't have BLOPS 2 available online either and they still seem to have that one listed at $39.99 too... Confused...

[quote name='Stimes']Now there giving me the rewards zone cert. run around.[/QUOTE]

yeah im sick of the bestbuy cs making up stuff to not pricematch grrr last time they said i could only price match 30 day in which i told them about the holiday return and pricematch. I told them it doesn't make sense if i can return the item and but not pricematch. just keep calling and maybe u get a different person

Thanks. Actually got them hook me up over the phone after all this, they asked the manager about the cert. and are sending me a $40 gift card for my inconvenience. They also said that they where going to punish my local BB for lack of good customer service. May try to double dip after all this.

[quote name='Stimes']^Again that is returns policy not price match policy.[/QUOTE]

Threaten rebuy/return. Trust me they will just do the PM as it is less effort than the other route.

[quote name='gxer2002']Amazon had it at 39.99 why did they change it? I submitted price for you guys too![/QUOTE]

Yea I have no idea... They only had it for a few hours on Christmas...

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Yea I have no idea... They only had it for a few hours on Christmas...[/QUOTE]
It might have to do with the game selling really well, I seen it sold out a few times even at $59.99 since release on amazon.

[quote name='htz']It might have to do with the game selling really well, I seen it sold out a few times even at $59.99 since release on amazon.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that it may be due to the fact that they arent matching Target but are currently matching Bestbuy.com. Far Cry is $49.99 but all of the other games are $39.99.

I don't know though, everyones guesses are as good as mine. I just want to get it for $39.99 on amazon...

Tony,

Something for the future/Summer Sale. I'd love to see a 2K Strategy pack of Civ 5 GOTY + Gods and Kings + Stronghold 3 Gold (+Stronghold Collection possibly) + XCom.

Just picked up Far Cry 3 for xbox this morning. They've been out of stock all week until now. Apparently Target gets shipments on Friday at 8:00 am so check back with your store if they didn't have it for you earlier.

I price matched BlOps II, AC III, & FarCry 3 at Toys R Us. The reason I went there instead of getting 'em at Target directly was because I was hoping to use several $5 Rewards R Us coupons that I had. Well it turns out that when you do a price match, TRU's computer system won't accept any of those $5 Rewards R Us coupons!

Not only that... but the $5 Rewards R Us coupons that you earned during the holiday shopping period when they were promoting the 10% rewards for purchases, (i.e. the ones that must be printed out from your e-mail as opposed to being physically mailed to you), have a disclosure statement on them that states no video games, hardware, or accessories can be purchased with them! WTF?! This is NOT mentioned on the standard $5 Rewards R Us coupons that are ususally mailed to you, so why the hell do they have this restriction on the $5 Rewards R Us coupons that you earned during the 10% holiday promo period? Not cool, TRU, not cool!

[quote name='Dead Higher Power']I live in a small town where Walmart is the only store in town, so no pricematching for me... *sigh* Just have to order Far Cry 3 from Target.com[/QUOTE]

Why doesn't Walmart PM?

bread's done
Back