Target Ad (Week 2/10 – 2/16) Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Games, Movies, Books & Select Video Games

hiamiyumi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
123 (100%)
Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Games, Movies, Books & Select Video Games *

*Excludes New This Week, Pre-order Movies, 3DS and select Nintendo Switch titles.

:switch: Nintendo Switch with free $35 credit towards any purchase on Nintendo eShop - Available Friday -

Reminds me I still have six months of Gamepass sitting next to me waiting. One of these days I need to just redeem it and play all the exclusives when there's a lull in game releases. That's one thing X1 has going for it: they're making it like a cable movie channel's free weekend to catch up on all the films you've been waiting to see lol.

So I read that Target doesn't charge until after the item ships. My question is I want to pre-order 3 games do they charge for the full price when the first game ships or do they charge for each game separately when they ship and the 3rd game they do not charge anything?

Anyone know if they ever update tax information after you cancel two games? Works if you order 3x Days Gone CE and cancel 2 (makes the third one $93.34), but the tax is still charging double as though you still had the other non-free game ordered. That in mind, it's the exact same as ordering it through BB with GCU as they only charge tax on the adjusted price vs Target charging tax on the full price of the game, then applying the discount. Same damn thing happens if you try to order a regular game, completely defeating the purpose of the cancel two trick. Just figured I'd point that out in case others that still have GCU were attempting to make their own deal here.
Do you have to cancel the two games right away after you place the order to get the discount on one game or it doesn’t matter when you cancel it if all 3 games are pre orders?

Dude. I'm very glad you love Gamepass. But, please, for the love of God, stop shitting on every thread in your ceaseless quest to sing its praise.
I don't really understand why Gamepass is so beloved by gamers these days. It's not like any of us really needs it anymore than any of the games from this buy 2, get 1 free sale. Most CAGs already own enough games in their backlogs that they would never need to buy another game in their lifetimes. But it makes no sense to continually compare what is basically an extended rental to actually owning a game.

I don't really understand why Gamepass is so beloved by gamers these days. It's not like any of us really needs it anymore than any of the games from this buy 2, get 1 free sale. Most CAGs already own enough games in their backlogs that they would never need to buy another game in their lifetimes. But it makes no sense to continually compare what is basically an extended rental to actually owning a game.
You had me until the last sentence. Are you one of those people who gets off to saying you "own" the game? Doesn't matter if you "own" the game once you play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You had me until the last sentence. Are you one of those people who gets off to saying you "own" the game? Doesn't matter if you "own" the game once you play it.
I get off to a lot of things, but saying that I own a game isn't one of them. Just stating the fact that Gamepass is an extended rental service.

I love GamePass and having paid $60 a year (no one should pay more than this) for way more games that I could afford for that price is well worth “not owning”. MS exclusives should never leave the service and most games I could care less about owning them when I am done playing through them. But to each their own. I will opt to save money like a good CAG.

I actually have bought far fewer games since GP has taken off.

Is it possible to preorder games in store for this order? I wanted to get Jump Force Friday, then Anthem and Sekiro, but shipping sucks and I'm like 2 blocks away from Target

Preorder 1 game + 2 games for immediate in store pickup. Don't pickup the 2 games. That's how I did it last time. $40 kh3 and sekiro.

I get off to a lot of things, but saying that I own a game isn't one of them. Just stating the fact that Gamepass is an extended rental service.
But we know that, why does it need to keep being said or need to be anything more than that? Not trying to create conflict but it just seems like you think negatively of it because you don't own the games.

do you say the same thing about leasing and owning a car or house?
Just an absolutely awful comparison lol.

Do you have to cancel the two games right away after you place the order to get the discount on one game or it doesn’t matter when you cancel it if all 3 games are pre orders?
If it's all pre-orders, doesn't matter or you could just not pick up anything you don't want. TBH you can turn right around after placing the order, click the view status, and cancel immediately. AFAIK there's no time limit until something ships and no reason to wait to cancel either. Just order what you want and cancel what you don't need.

If it's all pre-orders, doesn't matter or you could just not pick up anything you don't want. TBH you can turn right around after placing the order, click the view status, and cancel immediately. AFAIK there's no time limit until something ships and no reason to wait to cancel either. Just order what you want and cancel what you don't need.
Hmm all I see is cancel entire order option (mobile app) not seeing an option to cancel a few instead of the whole order. This is 3 pre orders btw

Hmm all I see is cancel entire order option (mobile app) not seeing an option to cancel a few instead of the whole order. This is 3 pre orders btw
Not sure on mobile, but yes click cancel on the item and adjust the number to 2 (this is assuming you ordered 3 of the same thing); that will cancel two of the pre-orders and leave the last one alive. Took $46.66 off Days Gone CE, which beats GCU obviously by 13%. Pretty solid unless the damn thing ends up being the next GoW CE. . . -_-

Not sure on mobile, but yes click cancel on the item and adjust the number to 2 (this is assuming you ordered 3 of the same thing); that will cancel two of the pre-orders and leave the last one alive. Took $46.66 off Days Gone CE, which beats GCU obviously by 13%. Pretty solid unless the damn thing ends up being the next GoW CE. . . -_-
My man.. just did it on desktop version and canceled two. Used a $50 gift card with redcard and am getting charged around $104 for days gone CE and tax is $15. I probably messed up by paying with gift card too but this is good enough discount. Thanks for the help!

And yeah there’s most likely not as much hype as god of war or Spider-Man so this might really be available everywhere for a while. I’m content with this discount though cuz RIP gcu

I am debating on KH3 for PS4, D3 Switch and pre-order of DmC 5 for PS4.

I just don’t think I “need” the games. How good is KH3? I was looking at the up to now version of the game for $40 a few weeks ago but it is sold out everywhere.

I am debating on KH3 for PS4, D3 Switch and pre-order of DmC 5 for PS4.

I just don’t think I “need” the games. How good is KH3? I was looking at the up to now version of the game for $40 a few weeks ago but it is sold out everywhere.
I thought it was a great game. If you like the series you should get your money's worth. If you don't like the series then this won't do anything to change your mind.

My man.. just did it on desktop version and canceled two. Used a $50 gift card with redcard and am getting charged around $104 for days gone CE and tax is $15. I probably messed up by paying with gift card too but this is good enough discount. Thanks for the help!

And yeah there’s most likely not as much hype as god of war or Spider-Man so this might really be available everywhere for a while. I’m content with this discount though cuz RIP gcu
NP, and your tax will go down when it ships to ~$7-8 since it hasn't updated for the cancellations yet. Glad it worked out! :)

Finally took good advantage of this deal. Price matched in store RDR2, Spider-Man, and Tales of Vesperia for $39.99 each. Total was $79.99 before using my team member discount and Red card discount. Paid $62.78 after using a $10 gift card I had from buying some health care items 2 weeks ago.

it is not helpful to tell people that.  employees are not supposed to do price match along with in-store promotions, which you should know since you work there. 

some people will get denied, It's YMMV, try at your own risk, etc.

Just got 3 pre orders and had terrible luck. Jump force and metro exodus are in back order (even though it doesnt say when looking at them), and death end re;quest has a release of 6/30 as opposed to everywhere else saying 2/19.

TV seasons will count as movies for the buy 2, get 1 free deal.  I refuse to pay more than $19.99 for a game anymore, and since I plan to scale back my gaming purchases after I hit the big 4-0 next month, I decided to buy the one game that I've been putting off purchasing.  But here's my haul.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 3 DVD - $19.99

Persona 5 - PS4 - $19.99

Rick and Morty - Season 1 DVD - $19.99

Each one was worth $13.33 on the receipt.  Frankly, I wasn't going to buy anything at first, but that was the only copy of Rick and Morty - Season 1 that I have ever seen in the wild.  I don't pay for movies anymore either, so I figured that I better get something that I would otherwise have a hard time finding.  I'm happy.

Finally took good advantage of this deal. Price matched in store RDR2, Spider-Man, and Tales of Vesperia for $39.99 each. Total was $79.99 before using my team member discount and Red card discount. Paid $62.78 after using a $10 gift card I had from buying some health care items 2 weeks ago.
Very nice. I tried to price match Spider-Man but was told no b/c the game is part of the buy 2 get 1 free promotion. Oh well. I'll wait for a sale later in year or Black Friday. Heard it is a great game, though.

My Metro Exodus shipped before I got a chance to canceled or really decide if I really wanted. What to do now... I hate returning video games as the clerk often think people are puling something shady when returning media (i.e. swap the disc, reseal, etc). I even had a target csr try to tell me my set of Friends Complete - Blue-Ray was fake and try to block the return.... 

TV seasons will count as movies for the buy 2, get 1 free deal. I refuse to pay more than $19.99 for a game anymore, and since I plan to scale back my gaming purchases after I hit the big 4-0 next month, I decided to buy the one game that I've been putting off purchasing. But here's my haul.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Season 3 DVD - $19.99

Persona 5 - PS4 - $19.99

Rick and Morty - Season 1 DVD - $19.99

Each one was worth $13.33 on the receipt. Frankly, I wasn't going to buy anything at first, but that was the only copy of Rick and Morty - Season 1 that I have ever seen in the wild. I don't pay for movies anymore either, so I figured that I better get something that I would otherwise have a hard time finding. I'm happy.
Just so you know, I think DC's legends of Tomorrow season 3 is on sale for like 9.99 at Best Buy.

Oh wait, you got the DVD version.

After how long after you place an order and cancel some games right away will they do a preauthorization charge or available credit deduction on your card?

Just can't justify doing a B2G1 when these games will be less than $40 a few months from now.

Happy for those who have no problems wasting money though.

This is in store as well right?  Plan to go when they open if so to pick up jump force, and preorder a couple others.

Just can't justify doing a B2G1 when these games will be less than $40 a few months from now.

Happy for those who have no problems wasting money though.
Not only that but most of these games have been $40 plenty of times before. They're only $60 to give the illusion of a deal while they rake in the same revenue.

bread's done
Back