Target Blu-ray BOGO April 5-11

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
Buy one get one free on select titles. Titles included in the sale are: Iron Man, Eagle Eye, Transformers, Body of Lies, Transporter 3, Madagascar 2, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, Prince Caspian, Tropic Thunder, Indiana Jones, Punisher War Zone, and Bangkok Dangerous. All titles are $29.99.

Okay so I already have Iron Man on DVD. Should I get it for blu-ray? Will it make that much of a difference?

If not, I'll most likely get Wall-E and Tropic Thunder.

Iron Man is the one that I really want but with CA tax, each title would come out to $16.23, which isn't much of a savings over what Amazon and Target both normally charge ($16.99).

[quote name='rapsodist']Iron Man is the one that I really want but with CA tax, each title would come out to $16.23, which isn't much of a savings over what Amazon and Target both normally charge ($16.99).[/quote]

That's a good point. That's the same with Tropic Thunder. I might have to stick with Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda for maximum savings :)

[quote name='tysontomko']I didnt see the answer in here, anyone know if this in-store only or not?[/quote]Yes, it's in-store only.

I really, really have to know whether Amazon will match this.

Can you just go pick the titles up now, then get your monies back when the sale begins?

[quote name='Megalith']I really, really have to know whether Amazon will match this.

Can you just go pick the titles up now, then get your monies back when the sale begins?[/quote]You'd do a return and rebuy on the items in question, so I don't see this being an issue, as it's less than 14 days from the date of purchase.

They may give you the stink eye over it, as they don't do PMing, which is essentially what you're doing. No reason they should deny it.

with the eagle eye coupon i will be buying both transformers and tropic thunder and hopefully getting both for 10 total. i wonder if they would take a printout of the eagle eye coupon?

mods, is it ok if i post a scan of it?

I hope they mark it down to $15 for each movie in the transaction. If they ring up one with $29.99 and $0.00 for 2nd title, then using two of the $10 off coupon might be a problem. Anyone know how it works such as previous Target BOGO promotion? Which way does it ring up? Thanks in advance :)

OP, also of note:

Family Guy Vol. 1-6 - 12.99 each
The Simpsons Season 10 - 12.99
Arrested Development Season 1-3 - 12.99 each
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 1 & 2 - 12.99 each
How I met your mother Season 1-3 - 12.99 each
John & Kate + 8 Season 1-2 - 12.99 each

It won't let me edit my above post without an Administrator's approval so here's the rest:

18.99 each:
Gossip Girl Season 1
The Office Season 1-4
Supernatural Season 1 or 3
Heroes Season 1 or 3 (typo? I thought only 1 & 2 were out...)
2 & 1/2 Men Season 1-4
The Tudors Season 1 or 2
Dexter Season 1 or 2

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']It won't let me edit my above post without an Administrator's approval so here's the rest:

18.99 each:
[/quote]
Season 3 is currently airing, so it would be season 2.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']That's what I thought (and technically, Season 3 was short and they're into Season 4 now). The ad states 1 or 3 so it must just be a misprint.[/quote]
Actually, technically, Volume 3 and Volume 4 are both short and together they make up Season 3. (2 half season stroy arcs= 1 season.)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Roughly $17ish each after taxes, give or take. Let's hope amazon matches or comes close.[/QUOTE]

+1 to that! =) boooo chicago taxes

Amazon will more than likely match this or come close. They matched the new Bond Blu's that Target has on sale this week at $14.99.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']It won't let me edit my above post without an Administrator's approval so here's the rest:

18.99 each:
Gossip Girl Season 1
The Office Season 1-4
Supernatural Season 1 or 3
2 & 1/2 Men Season 1-4
The Tudors Season 1 or 2
Dexter Season 1 or 2[/quote]

Is this BR too?

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']That's what I thought (and technically, Season 3 was short and they're into Season 4 now). The ad states 1 or 3 so it must just be a misprint.[/quote]
"Season 4" doesn't even start airing until September.

Supernatural Season 1 or 3(Just about finished with the first season and liking this show so far).
Always Sunny is season 1 and 2 as one set(3 discs) 12.99 is not bad since this is never available through bbv online.

best buy will match it via their policy but some managers wont because of the free wording. i personally will be doing just that next week. i have a ton or reward zone certificates to use and this will be a good chance and i will be able to use the coupons too.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']OP, also of note:

John & Kate + 8 Season 1-2 - 12.99 each[/quote]

Really? This in combined with the Blu BOGO makes Target's ad one of the best I've ever seen, lots of great prices here. Next week Target will be getting a lot of money from me.

[quote name='Animal7390']best buy will match it via their policy but some managers wont because of the free wording. i personally will be doing just that next week. i have a ton or reward zone certificates to use and this will be a good chance and i will be able to use the coupons too.[/quote]

They could price drop both movies to about 15 a pop and sell them that way.

Fairlakes has Iron Man BR in stock, but can't seem to find it anywhere in the back :O and this has been this way for like 3 months now. :(

I'm in for Price matching (which can i even do for a BOGO?) On Punisher and Body of Lies. I'd also pick up How I Met Your Mother 1-3 for 12.99 each. Thanks again!

makes me wish i didnt buy how i met your mother right before thanksgiving for 16 a piece and totally out of return range, i think.

[quote name='MisterModest']"Season 4" doesn't even start airing until September.[/quote]

This is right.

Season 1 (Fall 2006 and Spring 2007) = "Volume 1"
Season 2 (Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 - shortened due to writer's strike) = "Volume 2"
Season 3 (Fall 2008) = "Volume 3"
Season 3 (Spring 2009) = "Volume 4"

Season 4 (Fall 2009) will presumably be made up of Volume 5 and Volume 6.

Looks like I'll be picking up Body of Lies and Bangkok Dangerous, along with season 5 of Family Guy. I think someone stole my season 5. Can't find it anywhere. Have the rest of them, though.

[quote name='pjgamer007']Awesome, thanks OP. I knew there was a reason I was holding out to get Iron Man.

BTW, the new punisher was pretty decent. Definitely not for kids, LOL.[/QUOTE]

You thought so? I got my kicks out of the violence and gore, but I thought it was pretty bad overall. I really enjoyed the first one more. Thomas Jane seemed like a much better Punisher than Ray Stevenson. I also thought that Jigsaw was an absolute joke too. Terrible acting IMO.

I don't think I'd do the deal and pick up that one.

[quote name='djblaze805']You thought so? I got my kicks out of the violence and gore, but I thought it was pretty bad overall. I really enjoyed the first one more. Thomas Jane seemed like a much better Punisher than Ray Stevenson. I also thought that Jigsaw was an absolute joke too. Terrible acting IMO.

I don't think I'd do the deal and pick up that one.[/quote]

Thomas Jane kicked booty, they shoulda picked him up for a new Punisher (he had been training for 2 years getting pumped for it and finally gave up after the story was put in hiatus for so long and then dumped all together for the reboot)

[quote name='xoh96x']Thomas Jane kicked booty, they shoulda picked him up for a new Punisher (he had been training for 2 years getting pumped for it and finally gave up after the story was put in hiatus for so long and then dumped all together for the reboot)[/QUOTE]

I don't know if he saw the script, but I'm sure he would have passed if he did. His badassness (word?) would have been too great for this sequel.:cool:

I have to disagree guys...I thought Stevenson was the perfect pick for the Punisher. The film was very true to the comics, and had some great action. Jigsaw was a little cheesy as opposed to more insane in the comics, but I definitely enjoyed it. I mean, I enjoyed the Thomas Jane one too...and hell, I still love the Dolph one too.

Perhaps I'm just the Punisher's bitch...

I need Transporter 3 to complete the series because I own 1 & 2 on Blu-ray plus I haven't seen it yet. Only thng is I don't really see anything else I want.

[quote name='djblaze805']You thought so? I got my kicks out of the violence and gore, but I thought it was pretty bad overall. I really enjoyed the first one more. Thomas Jane seemed like a much better Punisher than Ray Stevenson. I also thought that Jigsaw was an absolute joke too. Terrible acting IMO.

I don't think I'd do the deal and pick up that one.[/quote]

But yet you'd buy Bangkok Dangerous over it. I mean, I'm a big Nick Cage fan, but that movie was pretty ass.

Punisher is filled with fun, senseless violence and it's an awesome pick-up on Blu-Ray

[quote name='lolwut?']But yet you'd buy Bangkok Dangerous over it. I mean, I'm a big Nick Cage fan, but that movie was pretty ass.

Punisher is filled with fun, senseless violence and it's an awesome pick-up on Blu-Ray[/quote]

BD was also terribly short if I remember correctly... which was a shame.

I have one of the $10 off coupons for Transformers, Eagle Eye, etc. First one to PM me can have it. Its pretty beat up but should work just fine.

My pops has Eagle Eye, so I may check to see if he has that $10 coupon.

Otherwise, I'll be picking up Tropic Thunder and Kung Fu Panda.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']OP, also of note:

John & Kate + 8 Season 1-2 - 12.99 each[/quote]

In the ad today, Seinfeld seasons 1-9 are also included in this price range.

[quote name='djblaze805']I don't know if he saw the script, but I'm sure he would have passed if he did. His badassness (word?) would have been too great for this sequel.:cool:[/QUOTE]

That's just crazy talk! 8-[

Just walked out of Target with Body Of Lies, and Punisher: Warzone...I was hoping that they had other titles not listed on the ad, but no such luck.

I got Wall-e and Transformers for $19.99 + tax.

I told the cashier that I had a $10 coupon for transformers so she put wall-e as my free movie and then used the Eagle Eye coupon which she had to scan multiple times until it worked. $21.xx and out the door!

bread's done
Back