Target Blu-ray BOGO April 5-11

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
Buy one get one free on select titles. Titles included in the sale are: Iron Man, Eagle Eye, Transformers, Body of Lies, Transporter 3, Madagascar 2, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, Prince Caspian, Tropic Thunder, Indiana Jones, Punisher War Zone, and Bangkok Dangerous. All titles are $29.99.

It seems obvious to side with Pixar over Dreamworks every time...

But I actually enjoyed Kung Fu Panda a lot! It did a superb job in transmitting both Chinese mythology and Shaw Bros. chop-socky, all with a great sense of humor. There's no real depth to the movie but it never pretends otherwise. I think it's the first Dreamworks production that I can say is truly good.

Wall-E was an impeccable silent film for its first act. (The sound design alone makes the film worth watching!) Once the humans entered the picture, however, my love for the film began to fade. I believe very much in being green, but Wall-E is the first Pixar film to feel a bit ham-fisted with its message (something I didn't even feel about Cars).

Wall-E is a good movie in spite of that feeling, but I wish its praise didn't have to come at the expense of Kung Fu Panda, which deserves commendation of its own.

[quote name='starmask2k3']can u buy now and get the discount later
ig.jpg
[/quote]

I don't think that's possible.

[quote name='Animal7390']excellent. absolutely excellent. did you do that yourself?
for the record i like both companies.[/QUOTE]
Stole it from Film Drunk, which I saw at Withleather. Thanks though.

Did anybody that bought Body of Lies did you get the version with a Digital Copy? I just saw Amazon has it but I bought a copy from Target but it didn't say anything about it having a Digital copy and I was wondering did anybody actually got this version at their Target. I will check when I get home because I haven't looked inside the case yet.

[quote name='cleaver']To the guy who lies Kung Fu Panda more than WALL-E
pixar-cartoon.jpg

dreamworks-cartoon.jpg
[/quote]
It's like Jack Black said at the Oscars, he has a very successful way of making money with animated films. He makes one Dreamworks movie a year, and on Oscar night, he takes the money from the Dreamworks pic, and bets it all on Pixar to win the Oscar.

[quote name='Disneyboy']It's like Jack Black said at the Oscars, he has a very successful way of making money with animated films. He makes one Dreamworks movie a year, and on Oscar night, he takes the money from the Dreamworks pic, and bets it all on Pixar to win the Oscar.[/QUOTE]

I admit I also prefer Kung Fu Panda to Wall-E.. Wall-E is the better film but I can't see myself watching it over and over again. Its like Slumdog Millionaire, I watch it once and thats it..It won best picure/director/etc.. but I'd rather watch Tropic Thunder over and over than watch Slumdog again.

I just wanted Wall-E, so i got that and Narnia: Prince Caspain and returned Narnia. Wall-E for $15 is awesome!

bread's done
Back