Target Blu-ray BOGO April 5-11

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
Buy one get one free on select titles. Titles included in the sale are: Iron Man, Eagle Eye, Transformers, Body of Lies, Transporter 3, Madagascar 2, Kung Fu Panda, Wall-E, Prince Caspian, Tropic Thunder, Indiana Jones, Punisher War Zone, and Bangkok Dangerous. All titles are $29.99.

does anyone have a scan of the coupon off tropic thunder?? or is this coupon ONLY on the covers of the dvds??

[quote name='dash421']does anyone have a scan of the coupon off tropic thunder?? or is this coupon ONLY on the covers of the dvds??[/quote]

The coupon is on copies of Eagle Eye :br:

[quote name='manthing']The coupon is on copies of Eagle Eye :br:[/quote]

aw alright thx for the quikc response thing. guess ill get kung fu and wall-e then for 17 each

[quote name='manthing']The coupon is on copies of Eagle Eye :br:[/quote]
It is also on copies of Eagle Eye DVD, not just blu-ray.

Was gonna get in on the Blu BOGO but I splurged a bit on the boxsets, they had a bunch more than advertised in the ad. I was tempted by a few more than what I got, primarily the Entourage sets, but I just got these instead: link for the pic if anybody's interested.

$119 for the lot after tax so I'm pretty satisfied. Although I might go back later this week to do the BOGO...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Tropic Thunder and Transporter 3 for $14.99 after using Eagle Eye coupon. The cashier scanned both DVD and Bluray barcodes so I got $15 off.

I got Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda, considered Tropic Thunder but I haven't seen it and its gotten mixed reviews... didn't want to buy a movie I hadn't seen and hate it.

I was going to pick up a couple of Blu-rays but ened up getting all three seasons of "How I met your Mother" and "Family Guy Volume Six", plus like 5-6 of those $6.99 DVD's for my 18 month olds easter basket.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Got Tropic Thunder and Transporter 3 for $14.99 after using Eagle Eye coupon. The cashier scanned both DVD and Bluray barcodes so I got $15 off.[/quote]

Lucky bastard.

FYI, Kung Fu Panda is better than Wall*E saw them both two days ago. Me and my brother were laughing are asses of with Panda, Wall*E I fast forwarded some parts. It looks great but....

[quote name='D_Icon']FYI, Kung Fu Panda is better than Wall*E saw them both two days ago. Me and my brother were laughing are asses of with Panda, Wall*E I fast forwarded some parts. It looks great but....[/quote]

You suck hog anus.

[quote name='psunami']Good lord, you have to pay nearly 14% sales tax where you live?

I might bite on the deal if I can use the Tropic Thunder coupon... hmm... what to match it with though.[/quote]

Wouldn't you get the cheaper one for free anyways (Tropic Thunder)? I'm not sure how the coupon would make it any cheaper.

Well, I got Transporter 3 and Body of Lies because I was going to rent Body of Lies but bought it since I like movies that make you think. I'm happy with Transporter 3 since I bought the first & second one for the same 15 buck price also.

Darn...bought Tropic Thunder yesterday and Transformers I had. Was planning to buy Eagle Eye and Kung Fu Panda this morning.... is it possible to still take advantage of the coupon if I bring Tropic thunder and the receipt back (even if opened) and get $10 off? Would they still give me credit or too late?

Couldn't find the coupon on Eagle Eye so I went with my original choices, Iron Man and Wall-E. I've wanted both for awhile, so $15 each seemed good to me. Honestly... that's what they should be when they come out, they'd sell a lot more movies if that were the case.

[quote name='kndy']Darn...bought Tropic Thunder yesterday and Transformers I had. Was planning to buy Eagle Eye and Kung Fu Panda this morning.... is it possible to still take advantage of the coupon if I bring Tropic thunder and the receipt back (even if opened) and get $10 off? Would they still give me credit or too late?[/QUOTE]

buy another copy an return it with the original receipt.

Picked up Body of Lies and Punisher WZ and comparing WALL-E to Kung Fu Panda is like comparing vaginal sex to a cheeseburger.

My stores still have many copies. Went back today to see if I can get the "Eagle Eye" $10.00 off coupon, take back the two I got yesterday and see if I can get $10 credit for Tropic Thunder and see if I can get $10 credit.

Unfortunately, "Eagle Eye" didn't come with a $10 off coupon. I did utilize these for the Wal-Mart two-packs two months ago but the "Eagle Eyes" at our Target store didn't have the coupon (the one stuck on the front cover) on any of them. So, I figured maybe it's inside, so I bought "Eagle Eye" and "Kung Fu Panda"...but nada on coupon inside.

Oh, well...B1G1...can't complain.

The prices on Amazon dropped to match these titles just now... sigh now for a return trip to Target.

Transporter 3
Bangkok Dangerous
Kung-Fu Panda
Madagascar 2 - Escape 2 Africa
Body of Lies
Punisher - War Zone

are $14.99 on Amazon

Didn't check the other ones but those are the ones I just bought from Target... and checked on Amazon.

Why would you return them? lol

Picked up Wall-E and Punisher, and an "as-is" copy of No Reservations for my woman. It has been there FOREVER, but I got them to drop it from $21.01 to $14.78 :cool:

I don't have to pay tax, and I get bonus points from buying stuff from Amazon with the Amazon.com Visa card. It's pretty much my incentive to always get stuff from Amazon.

I saw No Reservations the other day... that movie makes you incredibly hungry.

NINJA EDIT: I hit post, then hit edit like seconds later to edit that word and add that line. You people are too fast =Þ

I wonder if the several copies of "The Departed" HD-DVD are still sitting on the clearance rack at one of the Target stores in my area. :rofl:

For $21... I'll pass.

Oh, and phil... don't you mean incentive? Since inventive doesn't make as much sense in the context of you're reason compared to incentive. ;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']I wonder if the several copies of "The Departed" HD-DVD are still sitting on the clearance rack at one of the Target stores in my area. :rofl:

For $21... I'll pass.
[/quote]

Ah, you must be referring to the Blaine Target Greatland.

[quote name='manthing']Ah, you must be referring to the Blaine Target Greatland.[/QUOTE]

They have copies sitting there too? I'm refering to the Northtown location. :lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']They have copies sitting there too? I'm refering to the Northtown location. :lol:[/quote]

That's the one I was referring to. :oops:

I always get Coon Rapids and Blaine mixed up.

:lol:

[quote name='lolwut?']Why would you return them? lol

Picked up Wall-E and Punisher, and an "as-is" copy of No Reservations for my woman. It has been there FOREVER, but I got them to drop it from $21.01 to $14.78 :cool:[/quote]

Figured if I was going to bring the receipt back to see if I can get credit, they may ask if I had the two BD's. So brought them back just in case. But none of the "Eagle Eyes" had the $10 off coupon. But again, can't complain. I used the EE coupon several times during the Wal-Mart two pack sale. So, it's all good.

sorry a little off topic but...ive read on several forums and een amazon.com that disney has some kind of packaging problem with wall-e. some are saying this disc(s) dont work (3 dsc set) and some are saying that they get TWO DISC ONE copies (not a disc one and a disc 2). ALSO, many r saying that there is no code for the digital copy. disney has acknowleged the problem but have yet to "fix" it.

im wondering for those who bought wall-e at target, did u have this problem??? i do not want to go through this trouble so would rather wait or not buy wall-e at all. i really just bought it because of the BOGO but seein how amazon PM, i probably will just get kung fu panda there if this is a reoccurring problem with wall-e. thanks in advance for any feedback

Hm, I'm srsly contemplating Transporter 3 and Punisher WZ from amazon (no tax fsss).

Also, Amazon is PM'ing almost all the Target B1G1s including Narnia Prince Caspian (2 disc), and Indiana Jones 4. I dunno why Eagle Eye isn't in there, though.

Gah.

[quote name='philmcfly']The prices on Amazon dropped to match these titles just now... sigh now for a return trip to Target.

Transporter 3
Bangkok Dangerous
Kung-Fu Panda
Madagascar 2 - Escape 2 Africa
Body of Lies
Punisher - War Zone

are $14.99 on Amazon

Didn't check the other ones but those are the ones I just bought from Target... and checked on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Man, hope they do Tropic Thunder as well. I don't have any Targets near me.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, I'm srsly contemplating Transporter 3 and Punisher WZ from amazon (no tax fsss).

Also, Amazon is PM'ing almost all the Target B1G1s including Narnia Prince Caspian (2 disc), and Indiana Jones 4. I dunno why Eagle Eye isn't in there, though.

Gah.[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon is still running the 'coupon match sale' for Eagle Eye and they probably don't want to get stuck with double discounts.

[quote name='philmcfly']I don't have to pay tax, and I get bonus points from buying stuff from Amazon with the Amazon.com Visa card. It's pretty much my incentive to always get stuff from Amazon.

I saw No Reservations the other day... that movie makes you incredibly hungry.

NINJA EDIT: I hit post, then hit edit like seconds later to edit that word and add that line. You people are too fast =Þ[/quote]

I hope they are good incentives, because my $2 tax isn't worth me driving back to Target.

Support your economy and shit too, yo.

Most are probably already aware, but just to add that the Wall-E on sale (target and amazon) is the 2 disc version. 3 disc w/digital copy is $24.99.

[quote name='manthing']That's the one I was referring to. :oops:

I always get Coon Rapids and Blaine mixed up.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Easy to happen given the city location fuck up of that area around Northtown.

Northtown Mall itself (along with BBY) = Blaine
Office Depo/Dennys area with the now RIP Circuit City = Coon Rapids
Wal-Mart = Fridley

Its like they couldn't decide on what city the area should be fully so they split the area up between the three cities. I know its not a big deal to most people on this but I can't help but to think of a common phrase that the AVGN would say to this....

"What we're they thinking?"

Saw Amazon was matching so I went for Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda through them, thanks for the ups on that!

I'm still giving some money to Target though, I plan to swing by and check their boxset deal again tomorrow.

To the guy who lies Kung Fu Panda more than WALL-E
pixar-cartoon.jpg

dreamworks-cartoon.jpg

[quote name='cleaver']To the guy who lies Kung Fu Panda more than WALL-E
pixar-cartoon.jpg

dreamworks-cartoon.jpg
[/QUOTE]

excellent. absolutely excellent. did you do that yourself?
for the record i like both companies.

[quote name='Animal7390']excellent. absolutely excellent. did you do that yourself?
for the record i like both companies.[/quote]
Hah, very true.

But after finally watching Kung Fu Panda I would say that while Dreamworks isn't as consistent, they definitely can put out a film is in the same league as Pixar. I liked it every bit as much as I did Wall-E, but for different reasons.

bread's done
Back