Target Buy 2 Get 1 FREE sale returns 6/13/21 - 6/19/21

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Target buy 2, get 1 free sale returns, starting Sunday (usually around 3am EDT).  Video games, movies, board games and books seem to be included.

Hopefully select preorders are included as well like in last sales.

Also, don't get your hopes up too much as I am sure there will be exclusions like most 1st party Nintendo and 1st party Sony PS5 games.

What are you hoping to get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only game of interest I've seen as part of the b2g1 is Nier Replicant.

And you can get a free 12 month Nintendo Online subscription with the purchase of a Sandisk 128 gb micro SDXC card for Switch.

https://www.target.c...794#lnk=sametab
Isn't working for me, but wanted to clarify the memory card is supposed to be free with 12 mo purchase, not the other way around. So $35 for family plan and then free memory card (currently sold for $31). Considering the family plan was $20 during the last BF, that makes it $15 for the memory card. Good deal.

According to the offer details, the memory card should be automatically added to your order after you add the family plan to cart, but it doesn't. Manually adding the the memory card to cart does not make it free.

Does anyone know if Target would retroactively charge shipping on an order that dips below the free-shipping threshold after canceling items? I'm tempted to preorder Blue Fire, but doing the cancel trick to make a single copy roughly $20+tax would technically make the order no longer qualify for free shipping.

I picked up Ys 8, Mass effect and RE village. Ys 8 for 40 is a good deal as Ys always ends up getting expensive in the long run. Mass effect and RE I would have preferred to wait till Black Friday for a better deal. I’m sure they will be $20-$30 then. My significant other really wants those two though so i just bit the bullet.

Glad I got strive on pc it seems. I got RE8, Nier Replicant and Mass Effect Collection. What did everyone else get?
Was going to get Mass Effect and Guilty Gear, but GG is sold out. I was considering getting Outriders, but by the time I get to playing it'll probably be cheaper than the 44.99 it is now so why bother.

I'm just going to wait and see if Guilty Gear gets back into stock before the end of the week.

I picked up Ys 8, Mass effect and RE village. Ys 8 for 40 is a good deal as Ys always ends up getting expensive in the long run. Mass effect and RE I would have preferred to wait till Black Friday for a better deal. I’m sure they will be $20-$30 then. My significant other really wants those two though so i just bit the bullet.
I just picked up a used Ys 9 for $40 like 2 weeks ago... regretting that now because I could have combined that with Nier Replicant and ME Trilogy. *sigh*

I just picked up a used Ys 9 for $40 like 2 weeks ago... regretting that now because I could have combined that with Nier Replicant and ME Trilogy. *sigh*
That is the one I got I just realized I put 8 instead of 9. I wasn’t planing on getting it as I have it pre ordered on switch. I couldn’t find a 3rd game I wanted though. Good thing is I can always sell it later on once it’s sold out everywhere. Hopefully you find a 3rd game you want.

by the time i play these games, its gonna be like around $20. for RE8, i'll wait for the Gold Edition with all DLC for the PS5. if i can wait like RE7, im sure i can wait for RE8. and possibly get PS5 slim unless Sony comes with a nice special edition.

Yeah odds are real good RE8, Outriders, and ME Legendary will all be $20 ~ $30 by BF. Don't take my word for that or anything but this isn't our first rodeo either. 

Sadly nothing I could make work with this sale … Chivalry II is tempting at $33 for PS4, but I already had it preorder through Amazon and it doesn’t seem worth the hassle to save a few dollars more. There are a couple preorder games that might appeal to people, but nothing great from what I saw.

Welp, the PS5 games I want don't quality; wanted to buy Demon's Souls and Returnal.  I have a list of PS4 titles, but I don't know that I can justify buying multiple previous-gen games at $40 apiece. That should only be for games you're intending to play right away because everything will hit sub < $40 later. 

Does anyone know if Target would retroactively charge shipping on an order that dips below the free-shipping threshold after canceling items? I'm tempted to preorder Blue Fire, but doing the cancel trick to make a single copy roughly $20+tax would technically make the order no longer qualify for free shipping.
I have not had any experience there so I can't help you, perhaps there are other games that interest you? For example , I ordered the following:

Blue Fire (PS4) - $29.99

Vader Immortal VR (PS4) - $29.99

Spiritfarer (PS4) - FREE

Some of my other orders are:

Subnautica/Subnautica Below Zero (Switch) - $49.99

Crypt of the Necrodancer CE (PS4) - $49.99

Spacebase Startopia (Switch) - FREE

Curved Space (Switch) - $19.99

World War Z (XB1) - $19.99

Human: Fall Flat (XB1) - FREE

Explorers (Blu) - $22.99

The Birds 4K steelbook - $19.99

Psycho 4K steelbook - FREE

T2 &amp; Total Recall BR steelbook - $29.99

12 Monkeys BR steelbook - $27.99

King Kong (1976) - FREE

Some other games that are eligible that people may be interested in are R-Type Final 2 (both Switch and PS4 versions, $49.99 each), and the Ni No Kuni 2 (Switch) preorder for $59.99.

I have not had any experience there so I can't help you, perhaps there are other games that interest you? For example , I ordered the following:

Blue Fire (PS4) - $29.99

Vader Immortal VR (PS4) - $29.99

Spiritfarer (PS4) - FREE
Thanks, I had missed Spiritfarer and it looks intriguing, so I might get that alongside Blue Fire and some third $30 game to cancel and get those two for $20 each. That would still technically qualify for free shipping, so it would address my concern.

Got both Ori games and Robotics;Notes for switch. Used a $25 gift card and some cc rewards points to sweeten the deal!

Can't seem to get this one to work online.
Go to the store?

Only game of interest I've seen as part of the b2g1 is Nier Replicant.

Isn't working for me, but wanted to clarify the memory card is supposed to be free with 12 mo purchase, not the other way around. So $35 for family plan and then free memory card (currently sold for $31). Considering the family plan was $20 during the last BF, that makes it $15 for the memory card. Good deal.

According to the offer details, the memory card should be automatically added to your order after you add the family plan to cart, but it doesn't. Manually adding the the memory card to cart does not make it free.
I haven't tried it yet because I bought a 128 gb memory card at Target about a month ago that I will try to return and then re-buy it in store with this deal since it's unopened. But thanks for the tip. It's in the weekly ad, so I don't expect them to deny it when I get to the store.

So after I got ys 9, re 8 and mass effect I decided to pick up some more. Did the cancel trick to get the vader psvr for 20. Though I accidentally cancelled the whole  order with Vader in it and had to reorder lol. I also got both ori switch games for 48. For some reason my debit red card was getting declined so I lost out on the %5 off on ori.  I hardly use the red card so I’m thinking I triggered a fraud alert or something. Didn’t receive any calls though. Maybe I was just spending too fast compared to hardly ever using it.  Hopefully it will fix itself. 

So after I got ys 9, re 8 and mass effect I decided to pick up some more. Did the cancel trick to get the vader psvr for 20. Though I accidentally cancelled the whole order with Vader in it and had to reorder lol. I also got both ori switch games for 48. For some reason my debit red card was getting declined so I lost out on the %5 off on ori. I hardly use the red card so I’m thinking I triggered a fraud alert or something. Didn’t receive any calls though. Maybe I was just spending too fast compared to hardly ever using it. Hopefully it will fix itself.
It will within a few days. The same thing happened to me maybe two years ago with one of these sales, where I had put in maybe five orders in one day. Like you suspected, it's a fraud precaution, and as your current orders ship out, you'll be able to place more.

nqrBqD4.jpg

Noticed that Mile Morales on PS4 works in B2G1, but the PS5 version doesn't. However, the PS4 version gives you a free upgrade to the PS5 version anyway.

Got Ratchet & Clank: Rift apart, Returnal and Biomuant under deal. In store

Monster Hunter stories 2 was added along with these switch titles - the great ace attorney chronicles, Monark, Mary Skelter F, doki doki literature club, big rumble boxing, angry alligator, American fugitive

I went in store today. Grabbed Biomutant ps4, RE8 Ps5, and ME Trilogy Ps4.
Then walked to customer service desk and returned Biomutant using my release day receipt. Got my $60 back

For preorders, does Target charge when the order is placed, or when the game releases?
So you’ll get the pending charge pop up from time to time but the actual charge happens near release. I got charged last week for guilty gear for PS4 that I preordered during their last b2g1

Yet again we have invested more than we wanted to into dungeons and dragons books because of this sale
Amazon is partly participating in the same thing as well

bread's done
Back