Target Buy 2 Get 1 FREE sale returns 6/13/21 - 6/19/21

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Target buy 2, get 1 free sale returns, starting Sunday (usually around 3am EDT).  Video games, movies, board games and books seem to be included.

Hopefully select preorders are included as well like in last sales.

Also, don't get your hopes up too much as I am sure there will be exclusions like most 1st party Nintendo and 1st party Sony PS5 games.

What are you hoping to get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, Guilty Gear Strive (PS5) was part of it at $59.99, but then it sold out quickly.

Nioh Collection (PS5) is part of it at $69.99.
Figured Strive (PS5) would sell out quickly. Ended up ordering 3 copies, 1 for me and 1 for my friend. I got 1extra willing to trade/sale if a CAG is in need.

I was browsing the video games at Target today.   A young man, team lead-looking fellow, walked up to me and asked if I needed any help,

me having a eureka moment in about one second: "Do these PS5 games qualify for the buy two get one free?"

him: "Yup, they sure do"

me: "oh excellent.  I need a minute to pick out a few of them please."

Then the guy disappears.  You know that the two guys in the black Target Tech t-shirts aren't going to be of any help.  So a couple minutes later I track him down, and ask if he can unlock some games for me.

him otw to the register: "we've been having some trouble getting games to ring up correctly, so I'm doing price overrides."

excellent! Was able to pick up three PS5 games: Demon's Souls, Returnal, and Ratchet and Clank for $142 out the door for all three.  (going to return R&C.  Got the two titles I really wanted!)  I thought it was weird that none of the signage in store says anything about excluding Switch or PS5 first party titles.  Read the print on one of them.  The point is, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I was browsing the video games at Target today. A young man, team lead-looking fellow, walked up to me and asked if I needed any help,

me having a eureka moment in about one second: "Do these PS5 games qualify for the buy two get one free?"

him: "Yup, they sure do"

me: "oh excellent. I need a minute to pick out a few of them please."

Then the guy disappears. You know that the two guys in the black Target Tech t-shirts aren't going to be of any help. So a couple minutes later I track him down, and ask if he can unlock some games for me.

him otw to the register: "we've been having some trouble getting games to ring up correctly, so I'm doing price overrides."

excellent! Was able to pick up three PS5 games: Demon's Souls, Returnal, and Ratchet and Clank for $142 out the door for all three. (going to return R&C. Got the two titles I really wanted!) I thought it was weird that none of the signage in store says anything about excluding Switch or PS5 first party titles. Read the print on one of them. The point is, it doesn't hurt to ask.
So he did override those Sony games right

Thought I saw Amazon price matching this sale, guess they gave up?

Picked up:  Bomberman R, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, and Rayman Definitive.  All Switch $20 games.

There was no signage at my local Target at all, to indicate the sale and exclusions.  Almost walked out thinking it was online only, until I saw the weekly ad on the entrance wall.

Spawnwave mentioned it was difficult to find Switches.  I saw quite a few Switches last week at another location, perhaps they just restocked that day?  Only saw Switch Lites at this location.

Spawnwave mentioned it was difficult to find Switches. I saw quite a few Switches last week at another location, perhaps they just restocked that day? Only saw Switch Lites at this location.
I heard him mention that too, but the Switch is available on Best Buy’s website and has been for awhile now 🤷🏼‍♂️ They even have the Animal Crossing one.

Does Targetstill allow price matching with this deal? For instance, can I price match the LOTR 4K and Hobbit 4K collections and pair them with a game for the B2G1?

Does Targetstill allow price matching with this deal? For instance, can I price match the LOTR 4K and Hobbit 4K collections and pair them with a game for the B2G1?
A trick to do this woukd be in store in self check out isle. just tell them you wang to price match the first 2 item and scan the third item yourself and buy 2 get 1 free should automaticly apply

Looks like they pulled most titles off the list I was looking to get yesterday. Also the rest sold out lol.
Guess I just stick with the 3 games I got Sunday

Is PS4 Blackwood getting a free ps5 upgrade? If it’s the type to get cheap in Black Friday, I can probably wait. So many versions of this game now

NOW OOS

METROID, WARIO WARE, ADVANCED WARS 1-2, MARIO PARTY SUPERSTARS

all added as b2g1. They will probably get pulled today at some point so get them while you can!

METROID, WARIO WARE, ADVANCED WARS 1-2, MARIO PARTY SUPERSTARS

all added as b2g1. They will probably get pulled today at some point so get them while you can!
Thanks as grabbed Advanced Wars, Superstars and Wario Ware for the deal with Wario Ware being the free one.

Target coming through big time as also got the Metroid Dread SE and amiibo 2-pack from them yesterday.

I did not see this mentioned, but a 5% off Target gift cards promotion just started today for Circle members, and I believe it runs through the 19th.

Thanks for the heads up on the switch pre orders. Can't beat $40 each for Nintendo games that will never go on sale!

CAG tweeted it out, I imagine wario64 will too at some point so I see these being pulled or selling out quicker than usual

Edit: now wario64 tweeted too

I snagged metroid, Mario party and warioware, and will cancel metroid if I get the special edition. Even at the discount, i simply cannot spend that much money on a port of two gba games, especially when I already own them.

I’m so glad I picked up Metroid, Mario party, and advance wars this morning. So excited for advance wars. Want days of ruin but can’t be too choosy.

Damn…I wasn’t up early enough for the Metroid and Advance Wars pre orders. Wish I checked last night before going to bed. Guess I’ll have to live with getting them from Walmart for $50 when they release.

I’m so glad I picked up Metroid, Mario party, and advance wars this morning. So excited for advance wars. Want days of ruin but can’t be too choosy.
I guess no one really like the Battalion Wars on Gamecube/Wii? Or just too different that it lost the magic?

I guess no one really like the Battalion Wars on Gamecube/Wii? Or just too different that it lost the magic?
I remember really liking it when it came out, but it was a very different feel than Advance Wars. Been a long time since I gave it a look though.

Also picked up Wario, Advance Wars, and Mario Party. Locked in my amiibo order at Gamestop and Dread Special Edition at Best Buy. Should. Be all set!

Is there a listing of eligible items I prefer not to scroll through endless pages of games/blu ray dvds
The target site also tends to not display all available items while browsing. I highly recommend making use of the wishlist feature to just keep an eye on anything you're waiting for the sale on.

Damn, didn't think first-party switch titles would have worked. Wish I had checked this thread earlier.

Target normally honors all the B2G1 preorders made with past promos correct? Can't imagine they would be able to purchase each for under $40, but probably don't think the perceived social/media/customer repercussions of cancelling is worth it? 

Target normally honors all the B2G1 preorders made with past promos correct? Can't imagine they would be able to purchase each for under $40, but probably don't think the perceived social/media/customer repercussions of cancelling is worth it?
Target is king. I've gotten many many price errors over the years and Target has honored every single one. Unlike Amazon and Wally.

They honor it if they actually mail it out to you. If you get a delay email after it comes out, then another delay email that tells you to accept the new date or else they'll cancel the order, then later you get another delay email telling you to accept the new date or they'll cancel the order, then there's another delay email that tells you to accept the new date, you're never getting that.

They honor it if they actually mail it out to you. If you get a delay email after it comes out, then another delay email that tells you to accept the new date or else they'll cancel the order, then later you get another delay email telling you to accept the new date or they'll cancel the order, then there's another delay email that tells you to accept the new date, you're never getting that.
I’ve never had that happen. I missed out on this one but have been apart of other Bogo deals with target preorders and have never had a problem.

Target's shipping is usually terrible for new releases in my experience, but it's otherwise great for these glitch pre-order deals.

I’ve never had that happen. I missed out on this one but have been apart of other Bogo deals with target preorders and have never had a problem.
It might be a website preorder glitch rather than them trying to deny a customer a deal. I've had it happen three times with a preorder. One time it even came back in stock but I was still getting the same delayed notice.

bread's done
Back