Target Cartwheel Video Game Deals July 31st through August 6th

Paulis30ish

Banned
This week brings back a few old deals, and one new deal.

40% Off All Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Packs (Expires August 6th)

45% Off Guitar Hero Live 1 Guitar All Platforms (Expires August 6th)

50% Off All PlayStation 3 Hardware (Expires August 6th)

50% Off Paragon PS4 (Expires August 6th)

15% Off Xbox One Covert Controller (Expires August 6th)

20% Off All Preowned Videogames and Characters (Expires August 6th)

Still tons around me, mainly the 12gb.  Keeping an eye on it and the stock levels are the same.  Nothing is selling.

Might go later to a Target 20 min away that has 3 Lego Batman bundles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up one of the Lego Batman 3/Sly Cooper Collection 500GB bundles for $125 plus tax.  I had been meaning to get a new PS3 and it finally hit the right price for me.

Snagged one of the last two 12GB models within 100 miles of me.  Having not ever had a PS3, it will at least be something I can play the backlog of PS+ games I've been mindlessly shoving into the cart every month.

Thanks, Zantra, and thanks also to the folks who posted inventory numbers to look up.

Woohoo! Thanks guys for the DPCIs!

[attachment=23133:20160731_192957.jpg][attachment=23134:20160731_192957a.jpg]

Both $125. $130 after taxes and Red Card. The Move bundle was under the Legacy sku of 0040. Good hunting out there! :D

Might pick one up to play Bluerays and to watch Netflix. Couple questions you guys probably can help with.
I already have a PS3 and a ps4. Will I be able to use my same PSN account on another PS3?

And Can you still find Media remotes for the PS3 and do you have any recommendations were to pick one up at?

Thx in advance.

You can have 2 PS3 systems activated. Used to be able to have 5, which was nice since I have 3 game playing kids. But jerks ruined that so Sony cut it back to 2. 

Ymmv but I found an As Is PS3 12GB version for $140. I mentioned to the clerk that the box looks a little beat up. She offered to take 10% off. After applying cartwheel and using my redcard, it was about $65 out the door. Now crossing my fingers that the PS3 inside is in good shape.

Ymmv but I found an As Is PS3 12GB version for $140. I mentioned to the clerk that the box looks a little beat up. She offered to take 10% off. After applying cartwheel and using my redcard, it was about $65 out the door. Now crossing my fingers that the PS3 inside is in good shape.
Nice find! Hope it all works out :)

Oooooooh...pics or it didn't happen! :)

Mother fu.... I hate when an update kicks you out of a MP game... This is the last time I opt in for this shit.
troy-barnes-emotions.gif

I've never used brick seek before but as far as I'm concerned it's a POS. Three stores near me it reported having stock, not a single one had a PS3.

$200 for a PS3 in 2016 is madness.  Then again I cheesed the system to get a PS4 with battlefront for $245 after tax out the door last November so I'm probably not one to ask.

Really debating picking up another PS3. I've got enough of a backlog and enough blurays that it's almost worth it...

I've never used brick seek before but as far as I'm concerned it's a POS. Three stores near me it reported having stock, not a single one had a PS3.
Did you have an employee use their tricorder to check? Brickseek said one store had four. There were none in any of the system cabinets. I asked the person in electronics if there were any, he said no. I then asked if he could check using the dcpi if I gave it to him. He said sure. "Oh, they're somewhere in the back." He left and five minutes later he came back with two, one for me, one for the case. "Heh, there were four back there."

Did you have an employee use their tricorder to check? Brickseek said one store had four. There were none in any of the system cabinets. I asked the person in electronics if there were any, he said no. I then asked if he could check using the dcpi if I gave it to him. He said sure. "Oh, they're somewhere in the back." He left and five minutes later he came back with two, one for me, one for the case. "Heh, there were four back there."
That's how I bought a Nintendo DS Lite a week early when those were coming out. Had them in stock and not on the floor yet.

i saw 15 of the 12gb instock last night.  drove there and the target employees told me someone bought all 15 of them an hour earlier. 

That's exactly how I got mine. None on the floor, but 4 in the back.

Yeah. The employee was really nice. She checked three DCPI's for my zip code as well as the next zip over. She said if they had any the store with it in stock would automatically come up and nothing. It wasn't just those three stores. Brick seek reported more stores around the area having PS3s and none of those came up either. Idk whats going on with it.

Looks like they upped the price of GH Live for the X1 to match the PS4's price. Guess I'll wait a bit longer.

Brickseek now has a DPCI lookup function. These models are the ones I found with in stock percentages. I tried a couple of different zip codes and was fortunate to find pricing but a lot of the bundles showed up as NA where I live.

500gb PS3 with Destiny 207-23-1402 18% $270
500gb PS3 with Lego Batman 3 207-23-1401 23% $250
500gb PS3 207-23-0002 14% $250
12gb PS3 with Disney Infinity 2.0 207-23-0031 3% $200
12gb PS3 207-23-1403 57% $200
TC please update first post with these DCPI numbers

Looks like el hoardo strike out at the local Targets here. I checked brickseek along with fyndly and and saw many 12g ps3 on hand ranging from 5 to 8. These numbers diminished since I first saw this original post.

Picked up the last two 12gb models at my local store. Not sure how I will use them yet but maybe for my kids or as cheap, reliable blu ray players.

Im really suprised that so many people are snapping these up at 125 or even 100. 

I remember PS2s clearanced but those were at $50...seemed a much better deal...

I kinda wanna go out now and buy one too...

ps2's msrp was also $99 previous to the clearance cycle.
Based on Sony and Microsoft's refusal to drop the ps360 consoles anywhere near that mark...yeah, $100 doesn't seem too bad.

Im really suprised that so many people are snapping these up at 125 or even 100.

I remember PS2s clearanced but those were at $50...seemed a much better deal...

I kinda wanna go out now and buy one too...
It seems legit to me because the controllers are what $40-$50 to buy new? Add in the system that can play blu rays, games, and stream... it is a cheap solution for rooms where you need any of this.

Well these things are definitely being hoarded. Went in to one Target that had 10 this morning of the 12gb versions and apparently one guy came in earlier and bought 6 and another came in and bought 4

Guess if you want one, you better jump on it...

I really did not need another 12gb ps3 but I bought one today anyway. The backlog I have on PS3 alone could last me years so I'm justifying it that way and I don't buy used consoles.

The ps3 in the area disappeared. They had 5 12gb models,but someone purchase all 5.
If they saw they have none in stock, give the dcpi number and they will check the back.
Got the Lego Batman bundle sine the 500gb model is the same cost.
Also,anyone know the difference between all the different models? Something about bd drive?
If anyone debating, ps3 is still one of the best blu ray players and use it for games or media.

Anyone know if ps2 is popular? Got the batman bundle and silver console.

I have 2 fat PS3 but I bought a 12GB for $100 just in case on Monday.

Then I found out that i need to add a hardrive and buy a bracket. So it's useless.

Then I found a 500GB with destiny and bought it for $135. I returned the 12GB.

Why are people buying 12GB over the 500GB? 

There were a lot of 500GB (5 in stock) at my target as of Wed.

Then I found out that i need to add a hardrive and buy a bracket. So it's useless.
Because the bracket is like $4-7. If u have a 2.5 drive extra laying around, it's easy to install. Think the largest is 1.5tb? Not sure if 2tb is allowed. So $105 12gb vs $133 500gb. Diff is $30 for a 500gb harddrive.
I'm sure u can find more GB on harddrive,but at least u don't have to wait for a bracket and HD.

Because the bracket is like $4-7. If u have a 2.5 drive extra laying around, it's easy to install. Think the largest is 1.5tb? Not sure if 2tb is allowed. So $105 12gb vs $133 500gb. Diff is $30 for a 500gb harddrive.
I'm sure u can find more GB on harddrive,but at least u don't have to wait for a bracket and HD.
I see, so $30 difference...you get 500GB, the bracket and the vanilla destiny game.

I just checked brickseek and the 500GB are out of stock. lol

But there are a lot of 12GB in my area.

My Target's around me only had 12GB. Would've bit on that otherwise,

I'd rather have had the larger hdd, but there were none around my area. Hell, of the six Targets around here, only 2 stores had any systems at all. One had one, the other had four.  

But I also had an extra hdd anyway so it wasn't a big deal. 

I'd rather have had the larger hdd, but there were none around my area. Hell, of the six Targets around here, only 2 stores had any systems at all. One had one, the other had four.

But I also had an extra hdd anyway so it wasn't a big deal.
Same on nearly all regards!

Picked up a 12GB at my local Target. Just asked the employee to look it up by the DPCI number since there weren't any on the sales floor. Thanks OP!

I see, so $30 difference...you get 500GB, the bracket and the vanilla destiny game.

I just checked brickseek and the 500GB are out of stock. lol

But there are a lot of 12GB in my area.
Yes, some others got different packages. The Batman bundle came with DLC and Batman game, the best would be the Epic Mickey bundle or sports champion bundle due to the move controller.

If you have any old laptop hard drives laying around (2.5" HDD), you can insert it at the bottom and make it usable.
You still need a hard drive bay. Last I've heard those are sold separately, usually bundled in HDD's branded for PlayStation.

snagged a 12GB thanks to the DCPI number.  Mine had a sticker for a free copy of COD ghosts. My store had no copies of the game so the manager took $29.99 off of the console.  

Huge thanks OP!  :D

All the 12gbs around here have a sticker announcing "Special Offer." It says not that you get a free copy of Ghosts, but that you get it and the system for $219.99. Since the system was $199.99, you essentially get Ghosts for $20, which may have been a deal when the 12gb launched. 

If your sticker is in actuality the same as mine, then you got an even better deal than you thought!

All the 12gbs around here have a sticker announcing "Special Offer." It says not that you get a free copy of Ghosts, but that you get it and the system for $219.99. Since the system was $199.99, you essentially get Ghosts for $20, which may have been a deal when the 12gb launched.

If your sticker is in actuality the same as mine, then you got an even better deal than you thought!
The one I bought the other day had the Ghosts sticker but still rang up the correct price.

bread's done
Back