Target / CC / BB Video Game Prices: 8/19/07 - 8/25/07 ** Uber Thread **

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
Let's get one thing clear. I am Not Speedy1961 or have any relation with Speedy. I'm a loyal CAG member and I miss Speedy's contribution everyday since the unfortunate incident. I'm hoping for Speedy's speedy comeback. Until then, I am willing to contribute. But I'll be a week late than speedy. I do get the weekly flyers every thursday delivered to my house. So I post the deal every thursday until something happens.

Target

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/

Brain Age 2 >>>>>>NDS>>>>>> 19.99
Brain Age >>>>>>>>NDS >>>>>> 19.99

Big Brain Academy >>>>>Wii>>>> 49.99
Boogie>>>>>>>Wii>>>>>>59.99

Madden 08>>>>>>> PSP,XBOX,GC>>>>>39.99
Madden 08 >>>>>>>PS2,Wii>>>>>>>>>49.99
Madden 08 >>>>>>> NDS>>>>>>>>29.99
Madden 08>>>>>>>>PS3,X360>>>>>>59.99

PS3 60GB >>>>>> 499.99 ( 5 free blu-ray movies by mail ) with purchase of PS3

PS3 80GB >>>>>>599.99

Pirates of Caribbean >>>>PS3,x360>>>>> 34.99. PS2>>>>>>>24.99
Lair >>>>>>coming soon
MLB 07 The Show >>>>>>PS2,PSP >>>>29.99 PS3>>>>>59.99
Transformer >>>>>>PS3,X360>>>>> 49.99

Bioshock >>>>>x360>>>>>59.99 avail. Tues. 8/21
Halo 3 >>>>>>x360 >>>>>>> avail. Tues 9/25 ( 2 exclusive collectible action figures with $10 reservation of Halo 3 or Halo 3 Limited Edition. Figures redeemed with game purchase. Quantity limited: No rain checks)

Circuit City

Wii System 249.99
wii remote 39.99
wii Nunchuk 19.99

NYKO charge station 24.99 (save $5 reg.29.99)

POkemon Battle Revolution >>>>Wii>>>>>> 49.99

Mario Striker >>>>>>Wii> 49.99
Boogie >>>>>wii>>>>>>59.99
Madden 08 >>>>>wii.PS2 >>>>>49.99

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/

Madden 08 >>>>> NDS>>>>>>29.99

BD&A Pen stylus & Screen Protector 2-pack for DSL>>>>>> 4.99>>>save $5

BD&A Mini Folio Case for NDS & NDSL >>>>>>4.99>>>>save $5

Madden 08>>>>>360,PS3>>>>>>>>59.99

BIOSHOCK >>>>>360 >>>>>49.99
(save $10)

High School Musical >>>>>>>NDS>>>>>>>>>>29.99

25% off on these "brain games"

Brain Age 2
, Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, Brain Boost Beta, Brain Boost Gamma, Mind Quiz>>>>>>>>NDS>>>>>>14.99 (save $5)

Planet Puzzle league >>>>NDS>>>>>22.49 (reg 29.99)

Big Brain Academy >>>>>> Wii>>>>>>>> 37.49
(reg. 49.99)

PC Games

BIOSHOCK
>>>>>39.99>>>>>>Reg 49.99

Sims 2 Deluxe >>>>>>34.99 Save $5
Sims H & M Fashion Stuff>>>>>>>>>>>>>14.99 save $5 In-store wed. 3pm

================================================== =====
Best Buy

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/ by 2P.M (Limit 1 per customer. Minimum 16 per store. No raincheck)

Buy 2, Get 1 Free : Brain Age 1 or 2, and Big Brain Academy

Brain age 2, Brain age, Big Brain Academy >>>>>19.99

High School Musical >>>>>NDS>>>>>29.99
Rune Factory >>>>>>NDS>>>>>29.99
Heroes of Mana>>>>>>NDS>>>>29.99

XBOX360 Elite >>>>>>>> 449.99

Bioshock >>>>360>>>>>59.99
Bioshock >>>>PC>>>>>>49.99 (avail. Tuesday)

All-Pro Football 2k8 (360/PS3) $39.99 (save $20)

Guitar Hero II Bundle >>>>>> X360>>>>>>89.99

Free 300 HD-DVD movie when you buy Xbox360 HD-DVD includes King Kong HD-DVD movie and remote >>>>>>>>179.99

PS2 >>>129.99

Hot Shots Tennis >>>> 29.99
Madden 08 >>>>>PS2>>>>49.99 X360>>>>>59.99

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Question, I have a 65$ gift card for Walmart (returned my second game at walmart from tru deal to buy bioshock). Well, I might as well continue the ripoff of wally world. How does there pricematch work. I know I have to pay for the game at the counter of the electronics dept so will they pm there or should I purchase it and go straight to customer service and have them do it?[/QUOTE]
I love return fraud.

[quote name='elwood731']Once loyal? Over what? If you're referring to the Speedy thing, then no. They don't care a bit about a handful of gamers on a site known for trying to take advantage of stores who stop shopping there. In fact, they'd probably be happy to have a few less CAGs shopping there. Now, if you are referring to something else, such as CC's recent firing of many employees so that they could rehire them at a lower wage---no, still. I don't think enough people know or care about that story, though it is what stopped me from shopping there over the past few months.[/quote]

A couple of friends of mine lost their jobs during that debacle, which immediately turned me off of CC as well. The Speedy legal ramble just was the icing on the cake.

Good for you, HeyHeyHey...keep Speedy's dream alive. Speedy, we're rootin' for ya! Give CC hell!

Thanks for the post.

I'll be grabbing Brain Age 2 at CC and probably All Pro for the PS3 at Best Buy. Nice to see that price drop already.

Personally I wouldn't have posted the CC deals. Not because of any possible legal action, but because CC can go fuck a donkey and I wouldn't want to tempt anyone to go there.

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']Personally I wouldn't have posted the CC deals. Not because of any possible legal action, but because CC can go fuck a donkey and I wouldn't want to tempt anyone to go there.[/quote]

and you wouldnt know about the Bioshock sale.

anyway, why isnt this stickied?

Thanks for the info OP.

I don't see how someone could get upset with posting this info on a Thursday before the sales take effect when all the fliers are in the early editions of the weekend papers and even in some mail coupon packs.

[quote name='shrike4242']Missed that in the ad that BB has B2G1 on the Brain games. If I didn't have BBA & BA already, I'd go for that.

Or more irritatedly, WalMart will happily PM the CC ad.[/quote]

Wal_mart will PM Video Games with Ads? Didn't know this, is it at register or after the fact at the CS desk.

[quote name='EvilIA']Wal_mart will PM Video Games with Ads? Didn't know this, is it at register or after the fact at the CS desk.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten them to do it at the register about 6 months ago but they had to call over a CSM to do it. Earlier, I had to go back to Wal-Mart to get a price adjustment on something that went on sale at another store the next week, that was obviously done at the Customer Service counter.

[quote name='elwood731']Once loyal? Over what? If you're referring to the Speedy thing, then no. They don't care a bit about a handful of gamers on a site known for trying to take advantage of stores who stop shopping there. [/quote]

You would be suprised what can happen if enough people e-mail corporate, I already sent them an e-mail telling them I won't be shopping there anymore if they don't let people post their ads.

Nice to see someone carrying on in Speedy's stead. I actually think the best way to fight CC's action against Speedy is to show them that trying to take down one individual isn't going to stop this. Others will step up to take his place.

The $29.99 price on Heroes of Mana is tempting. Someone mentioned a $5 coupon. What are people using now that the GGC has gone tets up?

[quote name='fshaia']You would be suprised what can happen if enough people e-mail corporate, I already sent them an e-mail telling them I won't be shopping there anymore if they don't let people post their ads.[/quote]

at most they lose 100 customers for a few weeks, I really dont think they care. Honestly people some of you are acting like it isnt Circuit City's right to protect their own ad.

[quote name='fshaia']You would be suprised what can happen if enough people e-mail corporate, I already sent them an e-mail telling them I won't be shopping there anymore if they don't let people post their ads.[/quote]

As have I and I think more people should as well (see the email address below). If this Bill guy's mailbox fills, I'm sure something will get done.

Thanks OP. I'll be picking up Bioshock and a Wii to show posting the Ad's won't hurt sales. :) Ok so I just like a deal.

Sorry to ask this, but would you mind posting or PMing me the other information from the 8/19 to 8/26 ads? Particularly the Best Buy and CC LCD TV prices??

[quote name='Ultimatallica0']Personally I wouldn't have posted the CC deals. Not because of any possible legal action, but because CC can go fuck a donkey and I wouldn't want to tempt anyone to go there.[/quote]

Why not? You need the info and ad to PM elsewhere, so I'm glad it was posted and hope it continues to be.

Thanks heyheyhey11! You're a saint :)

Looks like I'll be picking up Heroes of Mana (even though I'm wary of it sucking and my massive RPG backlog) for $24.99 at BB with a $5 RZ certificate. Too good to pass up, even if it drops later.

Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the Bioshock $49.99 offer? In case I need to price match. EDIT: When does CC normally put the new catalogue online?

[quote name='CheapBob42']Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the Bioshock $49.99 offer? In case I need to price match. EDIT: When does CC normally put the new catalogue online?[/quote]

You mean Sunday ad?

That would most likely be on Sunday.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']Question, I have a 65$ gift card for Walmart (returned my second game at walmart from tru deal to buy bioshock). Well, I might as well continue the ripoff of wally world. How does there pricematch work. I know I have to pay for the game at the counter of the electronics dept so will they pm there or should I purchase it and go straight to customer service and have them do it?[/quote]Assholes like you are the reason Walmart is making their return policy less abusable.

[quote name='shrike4242']Assholes like you are the reason Walmart is making their return policy less abusable.[/quote]

I don't see the point in shopping at Walmart in the first place...

Just as a reminder, Heroes of Mana is coming out at GS for $39.99 in their weekly ad for this week. People may want to think about picking it up at BB and save themselves a few dollars on it.

thanks speedy, great as always. i want to pick up bioshock at $50, since i am so hyped for that game. i don't think i'll find it cheaper anytime soon.

Man I'm an idiot...I thought if the offer on the brain games PM'd at Best Buy it would turn out to be $20 total (don't know why) but its $30 total...but still 50% of regular price isn't bad

if i don't end up getting the dsl bundle with brain age 2, im sure to get a hold of this deal..

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Rock on, I know there will be more than a handfull of CAGers that will be happy to see this info.

I don't have a CC near me, but I can guarantee that people will be PMing it at BB just so that CC doesn't get thier monies. Good job CC, way to fuck yourselves.[/quote]

but then whats do great about best buy? best buy is more demonic than CC..

[quote name='sj41']thanks speedy, great as always. i want to pick up bioshock at $50, since i am so hyped for that game. i don't think i'll find it cheaper anytime soon.[/quote]

And the reading comprehension award goes to... :applause:

[quote name='mrblinG22']but then whats do great about best buy? best buy is more demonic than CC..[/quote]its about principal...

When PMing at BB, how does the extra 10% off work? I've never done it. I'm pretty sure from what I've read in the past that you get an extra 10% off because somewhere else had the product cheaper. Do you get 10% off the orginal BB price or the price matched price? So yeah, how does it work?

[quote name='thurston']its about principal...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as soon as BB subpoena's CheapyD for someone's personal information, we'll be all over Wal-Mart.

Eventually CAG with turn into CAS - Cheap Ass Shoplifter.

So, I've never price matched before and I plan on price matching CC's Bioshock $50 at Best Buy.
What do I need? A flier from CC? There are no Circuit City near where I live where I can go and pick up the flier. Can I point a Best Buy employee to the internet and show him the "online ad" or should I buy a Sunday paper and hope there's a flier for CC in there?

[quote name='Silencer']So, I've never price matched before and I plan on price matching CC's Bioshock $50 at Best Buy.
What do I need? A flier from CC? There are no Circuit City near where I live where I can go and pick up the flier. Can I point a Best Buy employee to the internet and show him the "online ad" or should I buy a Sunday paper and hope there's a flier for CC in there?[/quote]
I’m sure it’s YMMV but at my BB if you tell them its cheaper at Store XYZ they’ll just look up that store's weekly ad online. No muss no fuss.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I’m sure it’s YMMV but at my BB if you tell them its cheaper at Store XYZ they’ll just look up that store's weekly ad online. No muss no fuss. [/QUOTE]

Yeah it's very YMMV. My local BB (Lakewood, CA) is very by-the-books about it. They call the store in question and confirm that it's in stock prior to matching the price.

Just print the 49.99 price out from the CC website tommorrow or monday when it updates..Take it to BB directly and they will call or check online.

[quote name='Silencer']So, I've never price matched before and I plan on price matching CC's Bioshock $50 at Best Buy.
What do I need? A flier from CC? There are no Circuit City near where I live where I can go and pick up the flier. Can I point a Best Buy employee to the internet and show him the "online ad" or should I buy a Sunday paper and hope there's a flier for CC in there?[/QUOTE]
If there are no Circuit Citys near you then Best Buy isn't going to pricematch them. The only match a "local retail competitor".

Is Bioshock at CC going to regularly be 49.99 or is it some sort of percent off sale?

The reason I ask is I have credit at Wal-Mart (yippie) that I wanted to use. I called in today to ask if they price match and they said yes, but only for dollar amounts, I guess this means they won't match discounted prices? I'm not sure. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Looks like I'll be PMing Bioshock at BB. 1) to protest CC and 2) I have a gift card there.

BTW if someone steps up everytime any legal action is taken sooner or later CC will realize it just doen's make ecnomic sense to go after any guy for simply posting the ads early.

What is stupid is that if it wasn't for these threads I'd probably never know or even shop at these storse and I get much better deals online anyway (lionsgames, deep discount, ...).

[quote name='creeeaature']Is Bioshock at CC going to regularly be 49.99 or is it some sort of percent off sale?

The reason I ask is I have credit at Wal-Mart (yippie) that I wanted to use. I called in today to ask if they price match and they said yes, but only for dollar amounts, I guess this means they won't match discounted prices? I'm not sure. Can anyone clear this up for me?[/quote]

They mean that they will "price" match, but not deal match. i.e. they will match a deal at another price, but they will not match something like the TRU madden deal where you buy one and get another at half off.

bread's done
Back