radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='Roufuss']Peel the tags off and try again :D[/QUOTE]

Wrong -- peeling the tags off is going over the line. Find an employee who knows what he or she is doing to look up the last-sold price.

[quote name='guessed']Wrong -- peeling the tags off is going over the line. Find an employee who knows what he or she is doing to look up the last-sold price.[/QUOTE]

Specifically, ask for someone to check using the LRT. (what the hand scanners are called -- they should know what you're talking about)

Wouldn't asking them to use the LRT totally tip them off? I get it, but they might be like how does he know the inner workings of Target?

He did use the LRT. Still nothing. I even scanned it on the customer scanner things, and it came up as 0.00

[quote name='Redeema']Wouldn't asking them to use the LRT totally tip them off? I get it, but they might be like how does he know the inner workings of Target?[/QUOTE]

They might be curious about that, tipping them off isn't really a concern, as he wouldn't be trying to do anything sneaky or underhanded -- just trying to get them to do what they are supposed to do.

[quote name='Etude']He did use the LRT. Still nothing. I even scanned it on the customer scanner things, and it came up as 0.00[/QUOTE]

It isn't surprising that the customer scanner showed $0.00, but if the hand scanner wouldn't even look up the last-sold price, I'd have to speculate that the employee may not have been using it properly.

A little off topic....

I scan items that show up 0.00 every now and then using the PDA/LRT (Each Target store calls them different names) and when that happens I give it to them for .25 - $1.00, depending on what it is, etc. I tell them to make the cashier give it to them for the price I say and if they are having problems with the cashier, to call me in my dept.

No cashier should be calling for a price if the difference is under $20, they should just give it to the person at the price they think it is.

[quote name='addicted2games']I havent seen any clearance games at my Target for about a month. I wonder if they stopped clearancing them.[/QUOTE]

It comes in waves... probably once a season.

Target needs to get enough games in that aren't selling to be able to clearance them... sometime next month we'll probably start seeing some new clearances pop up.

[quote name='addicted2games']I havent seen any clearance games at my Target for about a month. I wonder if they stopped clearancing them.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed a few PC games on clearance, and I found Sprung DS for $4.98 yesterday. I also noticed a bunch of the icky $14.98 GBA titles dropped to $11.99. But yeah, not much.

Right now, Target is dealing with toy clearances. It's a great time to go toy shopping there.

I was at Target yesterday and found the Warcraft III Battle Chest for $9.99. This wasn't a clearance item, but a regularly tagged item on the shelf with the rest of the PC games. I got the last copy at the store on North May.

It was listed as $49.99 but out of stock on their website, so I don't know if the $9.99 is a national or regional price, but it's a really good deal if anyone else can find it.

[quote name='blandstalker']
Right now, Target is dealing with toy clearances. It's a great time to go toy shopping there.[/QUOTE]

I just hope toys go to 75% off again like they did in 2004 (picked up the Knex Rocket Rollercoaster for $20 reg $80). I had my eye on some other Knex sets last year but no toys seemed to go 75% off except a very select few and from reading other deal sites, it sounded like that was the case in every store.

The best for me was in 2003, when I heard I think Jan 8 was supposed to be 75% off day for toys. I asked an employee about it after everything was still 50% off and they actually manually marked down anything I wanted that was on clearance in the toy area down to 75%!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I just hope toys go to 75% off again like they did in 2004 (picked up the Knex Rocket Rollercoaster for $20 reg $80). I had my eye on some other Knex sets last year but no toys seemed to go 75% off except a very select few and from reading other deal sites, it sounded like that was the case in every store.

The best for me was in 2003, when I heard I think Jan 8 was supposed to be 75% off day for toys. I asked an employee about it after everything was still 50% off and they actually manually marked down anything I wanted that was on clearance in the toy area down to 75%![/QUOTE]
Meh... neither they, nor anyone that I've seen other than TRU (overpriced) carry GI Joes as of the summer, so its all very sad for me.

It's possible Target could have them now as they bring in toys around the later summer/early fall that they sell just for the holidays (which are the toys they clearance).

All the Target's i've been to for the last month have next to no clearanced out games..

The video game aisles seem to have gotten a re-structuring too with alot of empty spaces, so i think it'll be a while before Target has alot of clearance games sitting around on shelves. A few months of new hip games should fill those empty spaces, and a few more months of games should replace other games bringing them to clearance.

[quote name='dyreschlock']All the Target's i've been to for the last month have next to no clearanced out games..

The video game aisles seem to have gotten a re-structuring too with alot of empty spaces, so i think it'll be a while before Target has alot of clearance games sitting around on shelves. A few months of new hip games should fill those empty spaces, and a few more months of games should replace other games bringing them to clearance.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, thats what I noticed too. Target game clearances may be gone for a few months, and then we can start this thread all over when they actually start doing them again.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Nintendo mini classics are down to $3.48. If you don't see them in the electronic section check toys.[/QUOTE]
I found Mario's Cement Factory tonight for 1.74 ... I just stumbled upon it and thought it was a neat trinket. I'm shocked that anyone else knew what they were.

At the same Target I also found the Target GBA SP bundle, which I was pretty excited about.

Damn I knew I should have waited a week....oh well I got the last Super Mario Bros one...now just to wait for the Nintendo water games to fall in price.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Damn I knew I should have waited a week....oh well I got the last Super Mario Bros one...now just to wait for the Nintendo water games to fall in price.[/QUOTE]
Well, who knows what level clearance different Targets are at, I may have just found a weird one. And I definitely only saw one of these in a random part of the store.

I did see those water games; those are really sweet.

[quote name='nwaugh']I found Mario's Cement Factory tonight for 1.74 ... I just stumbled upon it and thought it was a neat trinket. I'm shocked that anyone else knew what they were.

At the same Target I also found the Target GBA SP bundle, which I was pretty excited about.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I've been wanting Mario's Cement Factory for a while now. Was to cheap to buy retail price. Might have to check my Targets. Thanks.

Empire Earth 2 for PC was clearanced down to $12.98... I'll wait for it to hit sub $10 range.

Empire Earth 1 (with all of the expansions) was $9.98, I think.

This was at the Target on Dale Mabry in Tampa, FL.

My targets getting reconstructed! All the shelves in the electronics got pushed back so there would'nt be any room for the endcaps. Also I didnt see any toy clearences. This is the Target In Seaside CA at the Edgewater Center

Any Maryland CAGers find any targets with anything clearence? I found one Target which had a clearence section and most of the games where still $20 there, waste of time.

[quote name='abhinav']Any Maryland CAGers find any targets with anything clearence? I found one Target which had a clearence section and most of the games where still $20 there, waste of time.[/QUOTE]

These have been dead for a long time, around these parts.

I have found some pretty good Target clearance finds in MD (Montgomery County and PG County). Mostly PC games, but every now and again I can find some Xbox games on the cheap.

Here are some of the things I have found lately-

Warcraft III Frozen Throne PC $4.98
Empire Earth Gold Edition PC $9.98
NASCAR 2005 Xbox $7.98
NHL 2005 Xbox $4.98
Area 51 PC $3.98
Morrowind Xbox $4.98
Call of Duty PC $7.98
Tiger Woods PSP $9.98

The clearance is usually on an end row in the music section.

not game related, but the local store had good camping and sleeping bag discounts on the eddie bauer stuff... $10 or so for a sleeping bag isn't that bad.

[quote name='thebob101']I have found some pretty good Target clearance finds in MD (Montgomery County and PG County). Mostly PC games, but every now and again I can find some Xbox games on the cheap.

Here are some of the things I have found lately-

Warcraft III Frozen Throne PC $4.98
Empire Earth Gold Edition PC $9.98
NASCAR 2005 Xbox $7.98
NHL 2005 Xbox $4.98
Area 51 PC $3.98
Morrowind Xbox $4.98
Call of Duty PC $7.98
Tiger Woods PSP $9.98

The clearance is usually on an end row in the music section.[/QUOTE]

Can you give me some specific store names, i am still looking for frozen throne. Dont worry, i am not a hoarder and i almost never PC game except Blizzard games.

[quote name='Takumi831']My targets getting reconstructed! All the shelves in the electronics got pushed back so there would'nt be any room for the endcaps. Also I didnt see any toy clearences. This is the Target In Seaside CA at the Edgewater Center[/QUOTE]

Takumi,

I strongly suggest you answer your PMs ASAP. Ripping users off in trades is not the way to go. I have sent you 4 PMs concerning our TRU clearance trade and I know you recieved the Metal Slug game I sent. All I want is the monkeyball games as per our deal. Also I am checking with others users to find out who else you have traded with recently, so get back to me ASAP...

The Target in Laurel on Route 198. I had to keep checking back until it dropped to $4.98. There were a few left when I bought this one. End cap in the DVD section near the PC games. Video games are in the Video Game/TV section on an end cap. Hope it helps.

Not marked with a red clearance tag, but I saw Yager (XBOX) for $10 in Central NJ.
Surprised to see it mixed in with all the new stuff behind the display case.

[quote name='djak1']Not marked with a red clearance tag, but I saw Yager (XBOX) for $10 in Central NJ.
Surprised to see it mixed in with all the new stuff behind the display case.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend, but Yager is always that price at Target so that isn't worthy of the clearance thread.

Not a clearance deal, but saw "Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale In Mexico" for (PS2) marked at $12.99 on the shelf, so I take it that's regular price now.

The St. Pete, FL Target also had two Xbox 360 systems in stock. Haven't seen any in-store in a while. They also had the $24 Mario Kart DS that has been sold out at a few locations from what I've read.

hehe ill let you guys know if i see anything on clearance at my store (i work there ;) )
right now nouse canceling earbuds
skins for ipods and minis
also
$40 for a 512 mb daneelectric mp3player/sd card reader /sd card (its with the sd cards because its a sd card and a sd card reading mp3 player free) (sale ending sat...) (yeah no rainchecks) (they work good cause i got one when they were 50)

Yager is 9.99 regular price

ALSO GTA SAN ANDREAS FOR PC IS PRICE CUT TO 19.99

i noticed some talk of the lrt scanner for some reason when i made that go down the game came up a rediculous 24.00 price tag so id advise to just take the sticker off and claim there a couple of bucks at another target clearance.

Not game related but I noticed the entire anime DVD section disapperaed at my local Super Target. Checked everywhere to see if they're being clearanced to no avail. Anyone know anything?

All I know is my target clearance has sucked the last two months. All I see are candles, hygiene products, lame pc games, etc. on clearance. No console games in so long. Cmon target, lets clearance some more games please.

[quote name='Saurus']Not game related but I noticed the entire anime DVD section disapperaed at my local Super Target. Checked everywhere to see if they're being clearanced to no avail. Anyone know anything?[/QUOTE]
I noticed that at the Maplecrest Target here. I didn't see them anywhere. I wonder what happened.

[quote name='Saurus']Not game related but I noticed the entire anime DVD section disapperaed at my local Super Target. Checked everywhere to see if they're being clearanced to no avail. Anyone know anything?[/QUOTE]
I heard that Target announced to stop carrying anime titles some time last year (except Miyazaki's and few other high profile titles). Basically, they had removed the anime section to reclaim the shelf space.

[quote name='eau']I heard that Target announced to stop carrying anime titles some time last year (except Miyazaki's and few other high profile titles). Basically, they had removed the anime section to reclaim the shelf space.[/QUOTE]

Seems about right, since they had a large clearance and price adjustment on most titles at my local Target before the majority of them disappeared. It was a shame, though, since they would have fit quite well on one of the dozen unused endcaps instead and taken up very little space while the rest of the DVD section could have expanded to the size it is now without a problem.

Oh well, at least it was nice to grab some new releases for $10 at the end. Most magnificent!

By the way, if your local Target is clearancing those Choxie Strawberry-Filled Chocolate Truffles, they're worth it for $1.25 a pop. There's around 10 to 12 in each box and they're good enough for a dime per.

Choxie has good stuff. I bought the same type of truffles with carmel also for $1.25 a box during the Christmas clearance (and also chocolate covered Oreos from them as well for $2 a box).

In the sporting goods dept. I saw a Swiss army knife 128 MB zip drive for 17.48

It's red and folds out just like a Swiss army knife.

Nice, I'm guessing $17.48 was the 50% off price (since I doubt it retailed for $70), so if I can find it at a Target for $8.74, I'll pick that up since I need one for a class anyway

I knew I should've bought a copy of Darkstalkers for the PSP when I found it for like $11.98...I now have a PSP and I'm looking for the game. Anyone out there have one they'd be willing to sell for close to Target's original clearance price?

I think I may have found the clearance endcap in my Target, but it only had like 2 PC games and an bunch of other random stuff. Is it games only, or are we talking about clearance items from the whole store?

The Targets I always stop at haven't had decent deals on anything for a long time, but I stopped at a Target to the north of me (Never go that way because a good chunk of the road has stoplights every block and they're always synced to red going north. Takes twenty minutes to go 3 miles) and was able to pick up Moto GP3 (PC) for 7.48. Loved the 1st 2 on XBox and just never go around to picking up 3 (Though I liked the demo). It was the only game they had. But I guess some Targets haven't ditched the practice of slashing prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back