radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='paintballers']Is there a huge list of all the games on clearance on this thread?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Unlike the TRU clearance, there are normally under 20 titles marked down at a time, and it's not accross the board on some items (just to confuse us, I guess)

My Target also stopped with clearences for quite some time. It really sucks because now that I have a new computer, I would love to jump on some of those PC deals.

whenever i stoped at target and bought a 360 like 1-2 weeks ago they had some good little 32mb usb flash drives for like $9.00, i thought that ws a good price and that i could use that temporarily because i got a core xbox360. my target in st. charles, MO had like 10 of them, good quality too, not cheapy.

yeah this could go in the target thread but i think it's a pretty good deal so people may not see it in there.

i just scored Meteos for Nintendo DS on clearance for $20.98 at the target in new brighton, MN. they had 3 other copies sitting out. you may want to check out your local target or scan the game and see if it rings up at that price.

good luck :)

[quote name='spoo']I'll wait untill it is > $15

But thanks for the deal OP[/QUOTE]

You mean < $15? Otherwise you would've picked it up right away, right? :lol:

i traded a $10 TRU game for a $10 KB toys Meteos, pretty cool game. still i'm not big into puzzle games. they're merely shortlived diversions.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']You mean < $15? Otherwise you would've picked it up right away, right? :lol:[/QUOTE]
#-o Doh! :oops:

Too bad they've made it such a pain in the ass now with little to no direct access to any games. Guess it's time to start printing out UPCs again.

[quote name='will0957']yeah this could go in the target thread but i think it's a pretty good deal so people may not see it in there.

i just scored Meteos for Nintendo DS on clearance for $20.98 at the target in new brighton, MN. they had 3 other copies sitting out. you may want to check out your local target or scan the game and see if it rings up at that price.

good luck :)[/QUOTE]

Wrong section. This should be posted in the Target Clearance Thread.

[quote name='snakeneck']Picked up Polarium and Trace Memory for NDS today for $14.98.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they put some DS stuff on clearance starting just today. There is a thread on CAG about Meteos being on clearance as well. Hopefully some other stuff will follow, it has been a while!

[quote name='Rozz']Wrong section. This should be posted in the Target Clearance Thread.[/QUOTE]

NO it shouldn't.... for the reason he mentioned... it's a really good deal and not everyone reads the Target thread.

[quote name='soulwish2003']NO it shouldn't.... for the reason he mentioned... it's a really good deal and not everyone reads the Target thread.[/QUOTE]

Good deal or not, its a clearance at Target, therefore it belongs in the Target clearance thread. If that wasent the case, then there would be lots of great Target deals other than this posted in the forums. So yes, it should.

Just picked up Meteos for $14.98 at Menlo Park Nj Target. They also had Resident Evil Outbreak Greatest Hits. Passed on that one but I think it was the same price. Their clearance section has been bare for a while but it looks like they just put these 2 games in there.

I picked up Meteos today for $14.98 in Target in Menlo Park NJ. I also posted in the clearance thread. I never look in that thread anymore cause its too long and Target really hasnt had anything worth getting on clearance. Just stumbled on this today while I was shopping there so I thought I'd mention it.

[quote name='Demontooth']I disagree, I never read the target clearance thread anymore because my tagets rarely have clearance games[/QUOTE]

yaeh same here. That thread moves to quickly and is so convuluted without a defined list. To me, that thread is worthless as I have to go waiding through pages after pages just to find some info sometimes.

[quote name='snakeneck']Picked up Polarium and Trace Memory for NDS today for $14.98.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks snakeneck, I'll have to check that out. Trace Memory has been sitting in the endcap at my Target for awhile but at full price.

I don't like big threads either. Takes a long time time to go through it and who knows if it includes a game I'm interested in.

Awesome, I think I'll get Trace Memory at $14.98.

Hopefully Target's here have the same price, then just keep doing the return / rebuy with any extra copies they might have if they keep lowering the price.

I'm wondering if any PSP games are going to go on clearance this time, like Coded Arms or Death Jr?

[quote name='Rozz']Good deal or not, its a clearance at Target, therefore it belongs in the Target clearance thread. If that wasent the case, then there would be lots of great Target deals other than this posted in the forums. So yes, it should.[/QUOTE]

Nope

Got a Meteos for $4.99 at the East-West Connecter location in GA. The other one was marked at $20.98 though.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Nope[/QUOTE]

Look where it ended up, and look who was right. Me. The simple fact is, it was a Target clearance so it belonged in the Target Clearnce Thread. Otherwise we'd be flooded with random YMMV clerances.

Now would be an appropriate time to post this:

normal_owned-beer-cat.jpg

[quote name='Rozz']Look where it ended up, and look who was right. Me. The simple fact is, it was a Target clearance so it belonged in the Target Clearnce Thread. Otherwise we'd be flooded with random YMMV clerances.

Now would be an appropriate time to post this:

normal_owned-beer-cat.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow, your mom and dad must be so proud. Maybe they will let you borrow the car.

From Target in Merced, CA:

DS - Polarium: $20.98
PS2 - NHL2K5: $10.98
PS2 - Sega Classics Collection: $6.98
DS - Meteos: $14.98
DS - Trace Memory: $14.98
XB - NFL Street 2: $9.98
XB - Halo 2 Map Pack: $9.98
Viewtiful Joe 2: $10.48
PS2 - Resident Evil: Outbreak: $13.98

[quote name='mj1108']From Target in Merced, CA:

PS2 - Resident Evil: Outbreak: $13.98[/QUOTE]

Also found at Target in Jacksonville (Regency)

[quote name='Demontooth']Wow, your mom and dad must be so proud. Maybe they will let you borrow the car.[/QUOTE]
I agree. That guy's an idiot if he's getting a power trip off of something like that.

[quote name='mj1108']From Target in Merced, CA:

DS - Meteos: $14.98
XB - NFL Street 2: $9.98
XB - Halo 2 Map Pack: $9.98
Viewtiful Joe 2: $10.48
PS2 - Resident Evil: Outbreak: $13.98[/QUOTE]

Damn, and I passed up going to a good Target when doing the CC thing because I thought it was only going to be $15-$20 DS games...

Thank you to the OP for the original Meteos clearance thread. Been waiting for a price drop on the game and don't normally scroll through the target clearance thread.

sorry to kinda go off topic - but is trace memory worth it at 15 bux? Seemed to get only mediocre reviews - wondering if I should even go out and check my Target?

Same here.

Trace Memory $20

Also saw:

(PS2)
Tony Hawk 4 $5
LTTR: Two Towers $13.98
LTTR: Return King $9.98
Resident Evil Outbreak #1 $13.98
Star Ocean TTEOT $13.98
One of the Cabela Hunting titles $9.98

A few other xbox titles that I can't remember now. All were under $13.98

Only one I thought about was RE:O, but am waiting for another drop.
(And that is only to complete my collection)

[quote name='Demontooth']Wow, your mom and dad must be so proud. Maybe they will let you borrow the car.[/QUOTE]

Especially since I have my own. I think I'll buy one of those personal stickers that says 'I pwn n00bs day and night'. Jealous? You know you are. Owned. ;-)

Seriously now, I just wanted an excuse to post that picture of that poor cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back