Status
Not open for further replies.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

[SIZE=+2]-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.[/SIZE]
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

Picked up an RCA HTIB without remote for $35. 5-disc changer with subwoofer and all 5 speakers.

There were two Philips systems and one Sony system all floor models. The regular clearance sticker was still on the one I bought which had the regular price at $200 and a clearance price of $130.

Off the wall question after talking to a Target manager...
Has anyone seen the Wii Zelda Messenger Bag reset in the aisle at full price $29.99?

Found one bag finally at a store, staff member ran a search for me to locate one more...one store had a couple nearby...went today...cranky dept. manager brought one from the back and claimed they were a new item...$29.99...
Went to Traget.com and the DCI number doesn't come up...typed wii messenger bag...and a new style in blue for $29.99 comes up...I take a chance and call to speak to a manager...she supports it is a new taxable item...stores vary...etc. etc...but I do not recall one CAG reporting this item being found at regular price...

Just got back from my local Target, the Wii Sling Bags that are on the list are F-U-G-L-Y!!! Very small and probably not the one most of you are thinking of. Looks like it would fit the system and cables and 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuck. Grey and baby blue in color, im passing.

[quote name='outrage_display']Just got back from my local Target, the Wii Sling Bags that are on the list are F-U-G-L-Y!!! Very small and probably not the one most of you are thinking of. Looks like it would fit the system and cables and 1 wiimote and 1 nunchuck. Grey and baby blue in color, im passing.[/quote]
I bought this thing and I feel like a fuckin' dork wearing it. I've only needed to use it once so far, but it fits EXACTLY one Wii, two remotes, one (probably two) nunchucks, and the cables necessary to hook it up (including sensor bar). There is little, if no room for a Wii game in its case. I'm gonna use those generic CD cases that are made of vinyl-like plastic and are shaped exactly to the shape of a CD next time.

Worth $7 in my opinion, I definitely feel like my Wii is safe in its sling bag.

EDIT: Actually, I have four rather tall rubber feet attached to the bottom of my Wii, and I believe the bag would fit one game as well with a Wii without big rubber feet I put on mine.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Found Europa Universalis 3 CE for 37...didnt get it.

Neverwinter Nights 1 Diamond for 13...got that.[/quote]

I really want Europa Universalis 3, but I'm waiting for the price to drop another time on that one. I'm not worried that the game will remain on the shelf until it hits seven bucks. :D

Here are some PC games that I can remember:

Monaca, PA

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $4.98
Call of Duty Deluxe Edition Box Set - $7.98
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None - $7.98
Gothic 3 - $9.98
Star Wars: Battlefront II - $12.98

Last runs for me:

Nothing of note at the Newpark Mall (Newark, CA) but I returned the Mad Catz "clamshell" case there ($4.98).

At the Fremont (CA) Hub location, they had the 4 UMD holder (flipout) for $2.48(~4 left), Sandisk or Lexar 512MB sticks for $16.xx (two left) and the Score nylon folio max case for $3.74 (one left).

Picked up the case. It's about the same size as the official Sony PSP nylon case I saw at Circuit City. It says it holds the PSP, 9 UMDs, 2 memory sticks (looks like 5 though) and a car charger. You might be able to fit the AC charger in there but it might rub up against your psp. Good deal for ~$4.

Still wanting the Logitech playgear pocket though but I'm not going to anymore Targets. It appears that they've all switched over their displays now and the clearance on the PSP stuff is scarce.

[quote name='biggyfries']saw beatmania for $30. should i bite?[/QUOTE]
That is something most people wouldn't buy, especially at $30...stuff priced under $20 seems to move a lot better to the general public.

If you stop by Target once a week for food anyway, wait and check the price every week :)

[quote name='donut']Off the wall question after talking to a Target manager...
Has anyone seen the Wii Zelda Messenger Bag reset in the aisle at full price $29.99?

Found one bag finally at a store, staff member ran a search for me to locate one more...one store had a couple nearby...went today...cranky dept. manager brought one from the back and claimed they were a new item...$29.99...
Went to Traget.com and the DCI number doesn't come up...typed wii messenger bag...and a new style in blue for $29.99 comes up...I take a chance and call to speak to a manager...she supports it is a new taxable item...stores vary...etc. etc...but I do not recall one CAG reporting this item being found at regular price...[/QUOTE]
found a full priced bag at a store yesterday.

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy has this for 19.99 new[/QUOTE]

thanks everyone. i will pass on this, then, for now.

sorry i have no gamecrazy around me.

picked up:
Spongebob movie game for Xbox for $2.54 (last one)
Madkatz optical cable for Xbox (but really it's just an optical cable) for $2.50ish
Madkatz 360 component cables for $4.98

and the steal of all steals...

harman/kardon 5.1 surround speakers for $130. HKTS-7 was the model. They were the last ones there and I was talking with the electronics manager and he wanted to move them. They were marked at $199 and he offered them to me for $130 without me evey negotiating.

They also had the harman/kardon AVR-240 -- which is a tremendous receiver (albeit no HDMI). It was marked at $229 and he said that he would knock 30% off of it when I showed interest. I had just bought the AVR-247 (with HDMI upconversion) so I passed.

This was at the Target in Parma, OH

I just got me a 12-month original Xbox-style (but 360 compatible) Live card for 12.48, from the Target in Flint, MI. w00t!

I did a search and didn't see any of this mentioned anywhere, but there were a few gaming-related markdowns at Target today:

Wii 256 mb SD Card with carrying case $6.24 (was $24.99)
Gamecube Memory Card $4.98 (was $19.99)
GBA to Gamecube Cable $2.98 (was $11.99)
Wii Collector's Box with Magnet $5 (I think)

[quote name='daminion']picked up:
Spongebob movie game for Xbox for $2.54 (last one)
Madkatz optical cable for Xbox (but really it's just an optical cable) for $2.50ish
Madkatz 360 component cables for $4.98

and the steal of all steals...

harman/kardon 5.1 surround speakers for $130. HKTS-7 was the model. They were the last ones there and I was talking with the electronics manager and he wanted to move them. They were marked at $199 and he offered them to me for $130 without me evey negotiating.

They also had the harman/kardon AVR-240 -- which is a tremendous receiver (albeit no HDMI). It was marked at $229 and he said that he would knock 30% off of it when I showed interest. I had just bought the AVR-247 (with HDMI upconversion) so I passed.

This was at the Target in Parma, OH[/quote]

Is the 30% something new? I was looking at the cameras the other day and they took 30% off because it was the last one. I picked up a Fuji camera for $42! 120 discounted to $60 w/ 30% off.

[quote name='bone_matrix']Target can sell the floor models of certain items. When they do that, they take 30% off the marked price, because it is a floor model.[/quote]It depends. Some targets refuse to take any discount off the floor display models.

I got SONY made HDMI cable that said " made for PS3" a very nice HDMI cable for only 14 bones. ^___^ I think the normal price was 60 bones. SO happy hunting for this.

[quote name='seanw']My Target has tons of Fuji Finepix S5200s for $150, marked down from $300 (and these used to sell for $400). Anyone have a recommendation for or against?[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to repost this because I got it, and it's is a really nice faux-DSLR camera. Well worth the $150, especially if, like me, you're tired of slightly blurry pictures from your point & shoot.

I posted earlier about grabbing the Zelda Wii sling bag. I finally got a chance to use it and it works quite well. I was able to fit the system, IR bar, power adapter, vertical base, composite and component cables, a PS2 Dual Shock USB adapter, and a Wavebird in the main compartment.

In the controller area I got two Wiimotes, two nunchucks, a Wavebird receiver, and a USB headset in there.

It's tight, but not dangerously so.

If you can manage to find one of these and need something to move your Wii gear I can recommend it. I found mine without a price tag and paid $5.94 for it.

Don't know if this was posted here, but I picked up today:
1 Madcatz universal s-video/audio cables (ps2, x360,xbox, cube) for $3.74 (was $15.00)
1 X360 Pelican TSZ Gamepad (was $29.99, got it for $7.48).

I don't even have an x360, but I bought the controller to use as a PC gaming controller, and it works great! It's pretty good quality and comfortable...a great buy I think. I saw it marked at $30 at other stores, so for only $7.50, I feel I got pretty lucky :D

Sony HDMI cable - $14.98, was $59.99
Imation USB 2.0 extension cable - $1.98, was $7.99
Danny Phantom (DS) - $2.54, was $19.99
Cableneat Clams cable organizers (for my home headphones) - $2.48 for a 2-pack, was $4.99

[quote name='HarassmentPanda']I did a search and didn't see any of this mentioned anywhere, but there were a few gaming-related markdowns at Target today:

Wii 256 mb SD Card with carrying case $6.24 (was $24.99)
Gamecube Memory Card $4.98 (was $19.99)
GBA to Gamecube Cable $2.98 (was $11.99)
Wii Collector's Box with Magnet $5 (I think)[/QUOTE]

Do you know what brand the Gamecube mem card was? I went to mine, and they only had a Madcatz one for $19.99

[quote name='parKer20']Sony HDMI cable - $14.98, was $59.99[/QUOTE]

Any idea how long that HDMI cable is? The one that came with my Elite isn't long enough. I assume this Sony HDMI cable is just a standard one so I can use it on the 360 ;).

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Do you know what brand the Gamecube mem card was? I went to mine, and they only had a Madcatz one for $19.99[/quote]

the target i went to had a couple nintendo brand memory cards for $4.98, i think they were the 256 ones though.

[quote name='HarassmentPanda']Wii Collector's Box with Magnet $5 (I think)[/quote]
what is this metal box for?? Put wii games and accessories in?

I was able to pick up a logitech psp playgear pocket for around $4 up for trade. Please CML

I bought one @20 when it was first out. Nice case.

Honestly, the metal box is just an attempt at cashing in on people's excitement about the Wii launch. I don't think it has any practical use. But if you like it as a piece of memorabilia, it's not too bad at $6.24.

[quote name='io']Any idea how long that HDMI cable is?[/quote] I don't know how long the Elite's cable is, but here's the info from the Sony's box in case you were wondering. Hope this helps:
- 6.5 ft (2 m)
- for Playstation 3 (lol)
- 19-pin standard connector
- Full HD 1080: supporting full HD 1080p
- high speed HDMI cable version 1.3, category 2 cable

DCPI# 008 00 1499
DLC-HD20P

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Do you know what brand the Gamecube mem card was? I went to mine, and they only had a Madcatz one for $19.99[/quote] The one that I saw for $4.98 is the "Nintendo GameCube memory card 251" in grey.

At the local Target they took damn near all the DVD players and recorders and stuck them with an open item sticker then put them one on top of the other on an endcap, looks terrible.

Other than that there was not much. Out of no where a copy of Metroid Prime Hunters showed up, it was out of system but the woman told me it would be about $5.

I'm checking the other Target in town tomorrow.

am i the only 1 that thinks target's clearances suck lately or what? i went to one yesterday and all i could find are the Xbox dvd remotes for $7.48 not much of a deal there since you can get it used at GS for $9.99 or less. also checked AGAIN how much Castlevania Curse of Darkness, still @ $14.99

I was able to score the athena micro 6 for $49.95 from my local target in Baton Rouge, LA last night.
Bought the last set.
Just giving you guys a heads up

[quote name='phear3d']Xbox dvd remotes for $7.48 not much of a deal there since you can get it used at GS for $9.99 or less. [/quote]

Actually, the official Xbox dvd remote is $15 USED at EBstop, $7.50 NEW isn't that bad in comparison.

Now compared to the $3 they were at TRU awhile back, its bad;)

Pelican 360 contriller $7.xx
Pelican screen protector 2pack psp $2.xx
360 cooling stand with charging dock and remote holder $7.xx
Memorex imove boombox for ipod $49.xx

[quote name='phear3d']am i the only 1 that thinks target's clearances suck lately or what? i went to one yesterday and all i could find are the Xbox dvd remotes for $7.48 not much of a deal there since you can get it used at GS for $9.99 or less. also checked AGAIN how much Castlevania Curse of Darkness, still @ $14.99[/quote]

Brand new one for $7.48, used for $9.99(could be $14.99), not much of a deal. I do not know about that. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back