Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']Well your target sucks then, you can go to the front desk and tell them I said that too if you like.[/quote]

Somehow, I know.

I'm trying to get my friend that works there to get me rainchecks but she doesn't want to. I've never tried to do a raincheck thing.[/quote]

Well what's she get out of the deal? Ya gotta barter here.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My target never puts prices on it's clearance section, and I'm too lazy to ask.[/quote]

Don't ask, scan.

Raleigh, NC Supertarget on Cappy

Mobile Light Force 2= 3.24

not clearance but, Space Channel 5:SE was 10 bucks

also they had a ton of games for crazy prices (examples)

Castlevania:LOI was marked 49.99

Soul Calibur II in PC wrapping for 39.99

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My target never puts prices on it's clearance section, and I'm too lazy to ask.[/quote]

Don't ask, scan.[/quote]

Well, I'm too lazy for that too. The real problem is that target is right across the street from BB, and I'd rather make one stop than two.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My target never puts prices on it's clearance section, and I'm too lazy to ask.[/quote]

Don't ask, scan.[/quote]

Well, I'm too lazy for that too. The real problem is that target is right across the street from BB, and I'd rather make one stop than two.[/quote]

Target at 119 is always emty. I don't even bother anymore going there.

Dragon Ball Final Bout is on somewhat on clearance at Target for $15. :rofl:

[quote name='masha'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My target never puts prices on it's clearance section, and I'm too lazy to ask.[/quote]

Don't ask, scan.[/quote]

Well, I'm too lazy for that too. The real problem is that target is right across the street from BB, and I'd rather make one stop than two.[/quote]

Target at 119 is always emty. I don't even bother anymore going there.

Dragon Ball Final Bout is on somewhat on clearance at Target for $15. :rofl:[/quote]

Are there any good targets in the area? The one by the Great Mall is actually the closest to my house but it's a pain to get to so I've only been once.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Are there any good targets in the area? The one by the Great Mall is actually the closest to my house but it's a pain to get to so I've only been once.[/quote]

1)State Line and 135 and 2) 151 and Antioch are OK. Rainchecks is almost impossible to get. They always have everything. I do roundtrip once in two weeks just to rescan clearance games. If you are looking for games at Target just drop me Pm I"ll pick it up for you.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Are there any good targets in the area? The one by the Great Mall is actually the closest to my house but it's a pain to get to so I've only been once.[/quote]

1)State Line and 135 and 2) 151 and Antioch are OK. Rainchecks is almost impossible to get. They always have everything. I do roundtrip once in two weeks just to rescan clearance games. If you are looking for games at Target just drop me Pm I"ll pick it up for you.[/quote]

Alright, I've never been to the one at State Line and 135, but the one farther down at State Line and 80 something never has anything from what I've seen. I've only been to that one because I pass it on my way to school.

I'll check out 151st and Antioch next time I'm out that way.

Yeah, I've never been able to get a raincheck, I've even gone up to the one by Metro North with no luck.

Thanks for the offer, btw.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']On a similar note was Castlevania tagged with a clearance tag?

IF not I would go back tomorrow and do a price check[/quote]

Castlevania was not tagged with red sticker . It had a regular price. But when I put it under pricechecker it rang $10.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']My target never puts prices on it's clearance section, and I'm too lazy to ask.[/quote]

Don't ask, scan.[/quote]

Lazy???????? Too lazy to go into a store and scan a game?

Nothing personal, you call yourself a CAGer? Why even bother posting here?! ](*,)

just in case I'm misunderstood . . . my tone is meant to be very sarcastic.

[quote name='Trakan']How much is Virtua Fighter 4? Can anyone tell me? I think it's 10 bucks, but I'm not sure.[/quote]
Just picked up VF4 Evo for 9.98 today

Hey, I'm lazy too. The reason I'm not up and running to Target on a weekly basis right now is because I really have every game that I want at the moment. At least as far as potentially clearance games go, anything I don't have is either new or already long gone from Target's clearance (ie - Animal Crossing & Mario Party 4). Anyhow I think I'll stop by tomorrow just for the hell of it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a 2nd job at Target in October/November, shortly before Xmas so I should be able to really cash in on all the end of the year deals.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Hey, I'm lazy too. The reason I'm not up and running to Target on a weekly basis right now is because I really have every game that I want at the moment. At least as far as potentially clearance games go, anything I don't have is either new or already long gone from Target's clearance (ie - Animal Crossing & Mario Party 4). Anyhow I think I'll stop by tomorrow just for the hell of it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a 2nd job at Target in October/November, shortly before Xmas so I should be able to really cash in on all the end of the year deals.[/quote]

You'll share the riches with your fellow CAGers, I trust.

Got Legacy of Kain Defiance (PS2) for $9.98 at the Easton Target in Columbus OH. Also saw MTX Mototrax and Backyard Wrestling for 14.98. VF4 evolution and spawn were 9.98

[quote name='masha'][quote name='CaseyRyback']On a similar note was Castlevania tagged with a clearance tag?

IF not I would go back tomorrow and do a price check[/quote]

Castlevania was not tagged with red sticker . It had a regular price. But when I put it under pricechecker it rang $10.[/quote]

thanks. I am going tomorrow then to get it.

Well I went to Target today, pretty much just more of the same... "buy our old ps2 fighting games for $9.98" plus some other games already listed above.

Included Tekken, VF4 & MK... only ps2 games though, not a single GC or Xbox game was on clearance today. They had an awful lot stockpiled over there though, I hope they do the other systems soon.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='masha']

Castlevania was not tagged with red sticker . It had a regular price. But when I put it under pricechecker it rang $10.[/quote]

thanks. I am going tomorrow then to get it.[/quote]

Castlevania WAS tagged at my Target for 9.98 with a red sticker.
VF4 Evo was also tagged for 9.98 here.

I picked up virtua fighter 4:evo for $9.98 too. There were 4 or 5 of them left at the target in Rosemead, CA (the one off the fwy10).

They also had a couple of mobile light force 2 for $3.24 on the bottom of the display case.

Castlevania LOI was tagged with a white sticker for $29.99, but rang up at $9.98. I also picked up 2 wireless adapters for $39.98 each.

Target on Atlantic in Long Beach still has their wireless adapter for $55.98.

Legacy of Kain Defiance PS2 and ESPN Football PS2 are each five bucks

Picked up Virtua Fighter 4 about a week ago for 10 bucks. Picked up Tekken 4 GH today for 5 bucks. Also saw Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance GH for 5 bucks.

that's a mighty fine user name... PS why does Target hate GC? Honestly, I'm hoping that they do a big GC clearance next as they seem to be getting rid of a lot of PS2 games right now. Er, 2nd that how about a big Xbox clearance next, and then in a month or so when I may be working part time at Target for extra $, then they can clearance out the old GC games.

Legacy of Kain Defiance (PS2) for $4.98
Hunted mantion (PS2) $4.98 ($15 trade in at FYE)
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2) $4.98
Activision Antology 2 (PS2) $2.48
Kill Switch (PS2) $7.48

Visited a Target today and remembered this thread. Either I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for, or that my Target doesn't have any clearance games out.

Portland, OR
Glisan & 122nd

Maybe I'll have better luck at the Target that is closer to my house at Mall 205, or follow the lead of two other Portland CAGers and see Jantzen Beach when I go out to TRU to pick up my Fable next week.

"PS why does Target hate GC? Honestly, I'm hoping that they do a big GC clearance next as they seem to be getting rid of a lot of PS2 games right now."
nintendo probably gets the games to target at a different price point? target consumers buy plenty of gamecube games so they don't need to reduce them? i dunno
pitfall ps2 was $4.98
is it worth it?

I think I found what could possibly be the clearance game section of my local Target. There is a section next to the systems and their accessories that has a bunch of GH and PH Xbox, GameCube, and PS 1 and 2 titles. Some are marked with a red clearance tag, and everything else has no price. Need to do some scanning next time I go...

They have a big load of Apex 20" flat screen TVs on clearance here (they keep getting more and more each day, from what I was told) for $100. Also, there are various shelves throughout the store with clearance items like storage containers, mini fridges/freezers, DVDs and games.

The newest game on clearance I saw there today was one copy of Winning Eleven 7 (PS2) for $14.99. Looked interesting, so I got it. Probably will give it to my cousins, since they love sports. Found it by chance in the action figure aisle next to a WWE Kurt Angle wrestling figure that was opened and chewed up (literally).

My Target has an old Xbox Live starter kit. One of the $50 ones that included Tetris Worlds. The only thing is it doesn't scan at the scanners. I asked an employee once how much it costs, but the employee scanned it with his gun and said it doesn't even say they sell it(usually it shows the last sale price). So the guy asks his manager and the manager has no clue but says he can't sell it. So a few weeks later its still there on the shelf. I ask another guy how much it is just because I'm curious and want to know what I'd get it for. The guy has no clue nor does anyone at their guest service counter where he told me to go to. So I decide to say screw it and just leave. Anyway, the starter kit is still there and every time I go to Target the cheapass in me wants to get it but I don't feel like dealing with the employees there anymore(I don't really need the kit, my subscription ends in November, but I have another year free due to winning a year with splinter cell). So, just out of curiosity does anyone know how much most stores would be selling this for now?

And so no one complains, this Target had a few Virtua Fighters for PS2 for $9.98.

[quote name='tubtub']My Target has an old Xbox Live starter kit. One of the $50 ones that included Tetris Worlds. The only thing is it doesn't scan at the scanners. I asked an employee once how much it costs, but the employee scanned it with his gun and said it doesn't even say they sell it(usually it shows the last sale price). So the guy asks his manager and the manager has no clue but says he can't sell it. So a few weeks later its still there on the shelf. I ask another guy how much it is just because I'm curious and want to know what I'd get it for. The guy has no clue nor does anyone at their guest service counter where he told me to go to. So I decide to say screw it and just leave. Anyway, the starter kit is still there and every time I go to Target the cheapass in me wants to get it but I don't feel like dealing with the employees there anymore(I don't really need the kit, my subscription ends in November, but I have another year free due to winning a year with splinter cell). So, just out of curiosity does anyone know how much most stores would be selling this for now?

And so no one complains, this Target had a few Virtua Fighters for PS2 for $9.98.[/quote]

If it's not in their system (scans at 0.00) then the policy is to sell it for 50% of the last marked price. If it has no price tag on it, then I'd say they'd probably take the price of the existing XBL kits that are in their system and take 50% off that. Try to talk to a store manager or the cashier manager if you really want it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Ask them to use the LRT handheld scanner to look up the last price. It should probably be $12.48.[/quote]

Something that old, the LRTs won't even pick it up, it'll scan 0.00 on there as well. I had this problem with TMNT game that went out of their system. I had it scanned by an LRT and register, 0.00 on both, so the front end manager took 50% off last marked price which was $14.98, so I got it for $7.49.

[quote name='Trakan']Picked up Virtua Fighter 4 about a week ago for 10 bucks. Picked up Tekken 4 GH today for 5 bucks. Also saw Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance GH for 5 bucks.[/quote]

what system was mortal kombat for? all?

Got today at Target in Grand Rapids, MI
ESPN Basketball 2K4- $7.48
Tekken 4 - $4.98
Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets - $4.98
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - $4.98
Hot Shots Golf 3 - $4.98

Also saw the winter jampack for $1.48 & more old sports titles - all are PS2

I have not seen Castlevania LOI or Mortal Kombat DA--check 4 different stores :cry:

But I did see 3 copies of XIII for $9.98 (PS2) at my Target

My target had Tekken 4 and MK:DA at 9.98 tonight. Is this for non-GH version only or what? Also is anyone elses target selling Fusion Frenzy in a sealed but unwrapped case with a not for resale sticker on the back upc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back