Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

[quote name='cag1000']ok went to target today and the prices were nothing like what the other guy posted[/quote]

Tsrget clearance prices are YMMV - not all Target stores have the same prices for clearance stuff.

Is the Psi-Ops with bonus CD a Target exclusive? This is the first time I noticed this when I was checking for clerance games.

No idea, benboxer...that game is one of the ones on the list I posted that I had absolutely no interest in.

On a separate note:
I am glad that I held off on Front Mission 4 now...$7.48 at Target was a lot better than $14.99. :) I wonder what happened to cause the price to drop so quickly? The previous Front Mission games all seemed pretty popular to me. I guess it was just the glut of holiday game releases making it get overlooked.

[quote name='darkwingduck13'][quote name='majinvegeta-88']any word on the final fantasy xi bundle dropping to $30[/quote]

Still hovering at the $50 mark at my store. Maybe next week...the only thing I want it for is the HD so I can free up some space on my PS2 memory card...I don't care about getting the FFXI game at all. :p[/quote]

You've probably already seen this, but it'd $37 if you can find it at your local CC.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='darkwingduck13'][quote name='majinvegeta-88']any word on the final fantasy xi bundle dropping to $30[/quote]

Still hovering at the $50 mark at my store. Maybe next week...the only thing I want it for is the HD so I can free up some space on my PS2 memory card...I don't care about getting the FFXI game at all. :p[/quote]

You've probably already seen this, but it'd $37 if you can find it at your local CC.[/quote]

Yeah, thanks evilmax17...I saw it, but I prefer to wait and see if it drops again at Target. I don't *need* the drive, honestly, it's just a nice thing to have. Plus, if it drops again at Target, I can have my friend get it with the employee discount and drop the price another 10%. :twisted:

I also saw these two at my Target:

Silent Hill 4: The Room xbox $20.98
Psi Ops ps2 $13.98

Not much else though, except for one thing. I checked a couple pages back and didn't see this so I don't know if it's been posted but it looks like they are also clearancing Donky Konga with Bongos for $24.99.

I scanned the barcode for Donkey Konga, and it was $34.98 at my Target. Unfortunately, as is typically the case with clearance games here, it was out of stock.

[quote name='benboxer']Is the Psi-Ops with bonus CD a Target exclusive? This is the first time I noticed this when I was checking for clerance games.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure its the only place where you can get it besides buying it used at EB or Gamestop (if they have that version in stock).

A nearby Target in IL had--

Metroid Prime GC Bundle $69.99
Catwoman (GC) $2.54

Everything else they had has already been listed.

[quote name='c']A nearby Target in IL had--

Metroid Prime GC Bundle $69.99
Catwoman (GC) $2.54

Everything else they had has already been listed.[/quote]

what target in IL?

$2.54 for Catwoman? I mean, seriously.. buy it!

And to the people who are passing on Psi-Ops: You're missing out on one of the greatest gaming experiences in years. Think of it as 2004's Beyond Good & Evil.

[quote name='benboxer']Is the Psi-Ops with bonus CD a Target exclusive? This is the first time I noticed this when I was checking for clerance games.[/quote]

That's the CD with that Cold video on it right? If so, I've seen that at Best Buy too.

City of Heroes Orig $29.99 now ~$24.98
PS2 Multi-tap now ~24
PSone memory card now $10.99
and a few other games; some mentioned above but others were not, such as Scrabble online. That's all I can remember. Nothing spectacular, but it indicates that they're starting to clearance the games.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']
what target in IL?[/quote]

I'm paranoid about revealing my location.. Anyone interested in knowing, please PM me and I'll PM back.

I did pick up Catwoman, there's no way I'd pass it up, even if it is a licensed-property game by EA. It is my first and only EA game :D. I figured I wouldn't be contributing very much to the Empire, so it was okay.

There was only one Metroid Bundle that I could find, and when I scanned it to be sure of the price, the machine said there were no more in the back room. If anyone's interested, I could pick it up for them, but then, shipping and blah, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

i got a classic nes edition GBA SP for 55.98 before tax. brand new and no defects. sound good? =]

rosemead, ca 91770 target. last one.

picked up at targets in long beach and cerritos:

la pucelle tactics ps2 $9.98
kirby air ride gc $9.98
silent hill 4 xbox $14.98
suffering ps2 $9.98
xbox live 12 month card w/bag $34.98
gba ereader bundle $34.98
champions of norrath ps2 $9.98
frogger the rescue $9.98
advance guardian heroes gba $9.98

My Target had Eye Toy Groove with or without the camera, both marked at $14.98. Also the PS2 Space Channel 5 SE for $4.98. Syphon Filter: Omega Strain: $14.98, other assorted crap titles.

Edit: Though my location was visisble. Rochetser, MN Target

Got the following PS2 games last night:

Eye Toy w/ Eye Toy Groove - $14.98
Front Mission 4 - $7.48
Psi-Ops - $9.98

Is Red Dead Revolver (Xbox) on the clearance list at all?

[quote name='tdphillips']Pulled from SD:

FF XI PS2 w/ HD may be $25 at your Target. I haven't checked mine though.[/quote]

Can we get a link?

Target in Pasadena, CA has .Hack part 4 for $15
Target in Alhambra, CA has Eye Toy with Groove game for $20.99

[quote name='"tdphillips"']Pulled from SD:

FF XI PS2 w/ HD may be $25 at your Target. I haven't checked mine though.[/quote]

anyone confirmed this?

[quote name='cdeener'][quote name='tdphillips']Pulled from SD:

Can we get a link?[/quote]

Hang on...

[quote name='tdphillips']http://slickdeals.net/forums/t75053.html?

Seems extreme YMMV. Saw this thread earlier today, and it showed promise. If anyone finds it, post it![/quote]

I just saw this for $50 at my Target, but not at $25. I was going to post it, but saw this post first.

EDIT: Heh! I see $50 is old news. I don't keep too good an eye on this thread lately.

Dekalb, IL

PS2
La Pucelle $10
Front Mission 4 $7.50
The Suffering $10
MVP Baseball 2004 $10
NCAA College Football 2004 $10
Eye Toy Groove (No Camera) $10

Also had (3) Gameboy Advance E-Reader bundles for $35. (Was real tempted on these)

Argh, I missed work Monday and sure enough this weekend is when a bunch of the video games finally went on clearance. Oh well, I really don't need any new games right now anyway, although I'm always in the market for cheap games. Anyhow the problem with my Target, is #1 most of the clearance games are sports titles from 2004, and #2 my Target usually starts with either a 15 or 30% clearance price, instead of just jumping straight to the 50% clearance like a good Target. The other issue arises when those 50% off games get salvaged before they can make it to 75%. I really can't wait for this Summer, and being back in Metro-Detroit where the stores are a plentiful and I'll be able to get in on all this Summer's game deals.

Oh yeah, I also picked up a little gem that must've been hidden in the backroom for quite some time. Since Starfox Adventures is on clearance for $14, I guess they decided to bring out a copy of Star Fox Adventures with a free 251 memory card. This was a non-pc copy, and with the free memory card I had to jump on it for $14 since, sadly it was the last one.

Saw Donkey Konga with bongos for $25 at a target in Macheseny Park, IL. Funny thing is, the bundle with the game is cheaper than the standalone bongos for $30. Didn't have the cash for it though. The seal that closed the box was broken too...so that sorta scared me off, but it wasn't marked as a opened item like a lot of the clearance stuff this target has.

A target in Somerset, NJ had the following items:

Donkey Konga w/ Drums - GC $35
Xbox Live 12 month $35
GBA E-readers either $25 or $35
Omnimusha 2 - PS2 $5
Bass Fishing 2 - PS2 $5

Just got back from hitting 4 targets. Sadly only 1 had any kind of clearance selection.

Silent Hill 4 xbox -15$
Front Mission 4 PS2 - 10$
Advance Guardian Heroes - 14$

had them scan eyetoy with play, but it wasn't on clearance.

[quote name='schultzed']Crap . . . mine has Psi Ops for Xbox (not clearance) and Silent Hill 4 for PS2 (not clearance)[/quote]

Do you know of the new Target opening on Howell Avenue in Oak Creek? It's about a mile away from me. Hopefully they'll have some good stuff in a few months.

[quote name='schultzed']Crap . . . mine has Psi Ops for Xbox (not clearance) and Silent Hill 4 for PS2 (not clearance)[/quote]I checked on SH4 for PS2. It came up as Discontinued so it should be clearanced within the next couple months.

when your target has games on clearance where do they usually put them, right in with the regular games? or off to the side somewhere, ours is pretty new so it probably just doesn't have any clearance games right now,...

[quote name='mofo1115']when does a newer target start clearancing?

my store has absolutely no sales =([/quote]Should be the same as all the other stores. When I was setting up a new Target store we put merchandise out that was already 75% off by the time we opened the doors.

[quote name='grae60']when your target has games on clearance where do they usually put them, right in with the regular games? or off to the side somewhere, ours is pretty new so it probably just doesn't have any clearance games right now,...[/quote]

It will usually be on a back endcap but if your store has a "value video game" section (Usually in the same aisle as accessories), they keep a lot of it there. Of course smaller stores may do as they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back