Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='borg20001']Hey, I was scrounging around on an endcap and found FFvs3Reich. It was redtagged for $9.98 but when I scanned it it came up $2.48.

Needless to say I took it a bought it and when I got it home last night I noticed that the bottom of the box had been opened. It still contained the manual and 2 CDs. I have not yet installed it, but I was wondering if I got the complete game.

Can anyone confirm that there are only 2 CDs for the game? I hope so, otherwise, I'm mildly screwed (though only for $2.48).

Appreciate any feedback.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure mine was new/complete. Two CDs in slip cases, booklet, everything 100% monochrome. Okay, greyscaled. Either way, looks like it was done on the cheap. Great game, though. Hope you have broadband access to take full advantage of the game. Even with the first game, the game itself was about 700MB, but with the custom meshes, skins, and mods, my directory for FF was about 2.5GB.

[quote name='dfg']Pretty sure mine was new/complete. Two CDs in slip cases, booklet, everything 100% monochrome. Okay, greyscaled. Either way, looks like it was done on the cheap. Great game, though. Hope you have broadband access to take full advantage of the game. Even with the first game, the game itself was about 700MB, but with the custom meshes, skins, and mods, my directory for FF was about 2.5GB.[/QUOTE]

thanks dude! cool! What you describe is exactly what I received so I guess it's good to go. I never finished the first game when I lost my HD. I will have to give this one a spin and see all the new features!

[quote name='borg20001']thanks dude! cool! What you describe is exactly what I received so I guess it's good to go. I never finished the first game when I lost my HD. I will have to give this one a spin and see all the new features![/QUOTE]

Hey, no problem. But it's more like an expansion than a completely new game...

I got a grey wavebird for 14.98 today,they had normal black controllers for 9.98 and that was about it, some ps2 carrying cases for 14.98 if anyone is interested.

If anyone is near the Target in Capital Plaza in Austin Tx..go to the backside of the gamecase and look at the "platinum" gamecube wavebird section. there are 3 rows on the peg board. the middle one has a grey wavebird i moved to the very back that was marked for 14.98.

I finally found a few $5 games at my Target (others are hanging in at $10)

Ghost Recon
Namco Muse (GC)
Simpsons Road Rage (Xbox)

Picked up a Platinum Wavebird at the Target in Greensburg, PA today. They only had it and one other regular colored one, both with clearance tags. The Platinum one rang up $30 when I took it to the register, but I pointed out the clearance tag and they gave it to me for $15 anyway. I suspect they just priced all of them unknowingly. Oh well, my benefit!

I didn't notice much of anything else there since the last time I was in. They have couple little clearance endcaps that they added a bunch of games to a week or so ago. I picked up a copy of the first Shaman King GBA game for $10. It's a surprisingly decent action/adventure side-scroller (it's made by Konami and uses the Castelvania: AoS engine if anyone's interested).

The wavebird still seems like the best pick-up in the recent clearances, anyone spot anything new? Thanks for this thread, I would have had no idea about this otherwise!

[quote name='downpresser']Picked up a Platinum Wavebird at the Target in Greensburg, PA today.[/QUOTE]

Holy fuck! I was born in Greensburg. Had no idea they had a Target there now :D. But I've only been back once in the last 5 years.

At one of my local Targets I must have been in the day the Wavebirds went on clearance because there were about 10-12. I bought one and thought I'd pick up another when they hit $8. I went back just a few days after I got the first one and they were all gone. I guess the Gamecube is more popular than people make it out to be :D.

Picked up the following for 4.98 ea. all Xbox:

Project Gotham
007: Everything or Nothing
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Now I can fill out my rebates for pricegrabber and only be out $5.

[quote name='io']Holy fuck! I was born in Greensburg. Had no idea they had a Target there now :D. But I've only been back once in the last 5 years.

At one of my local Targets I must have been in the day the Wavebirds went on clearance because there were about 10-12. I bought one and thought I'd pick up another when they hit $8. I went back just a few days after I got the first one and they were all gone. I guess the Gamecube is more popular than people make it out to be :D.[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Delmont, but I've lived in downtown Greensburgh for the past 3 years. If you haven't been here in the past year or two, you probably wouldn't recognize it at all.

The remnants of Greengate mall were tore down and a Super-Mega-Ultra Wal-Mart was built in it's place. On top of that, the old regular Wal-Mart right down the highway was torn down and now a Sam's Club is being built in it's place. There's a huge plaza/restaurant complex surrounding the new Wal-Mart and I'm sure the Sam's Club will attract some things to it's own plaza. The Target store is actually across the highway from where the old Wal-Mart was, in another large plaza complex with a Giant Eagle, Lowe's and various chain restaurants. There's a Best Buy next to the Toy's R' Us down on the Westmoreland Mall end of Rt. 30 and a lot of development has taken place on the stretch past the mall as well.

Greensburg very much resembles something similar to Monroeville, PA now, at least along the major highway areas. Unfortunatley, the downtown area is still nothing to boast about, with almost any new business that tries to pop up gone within the year. It's a shame as it's a beautiful small city, and I'd love to get that old time America feel back on the downtown streets.

Whew. That's a LOT of off-topic information, but I figured I'd give you a bit of an update. :lol:

Don't know if it's in the thread but Kingdom Hearts ($9.98), Links 2004 ($4.98), Narc ($9.98 - PS2 version) and Ghost Recon - Island Thunder ($4.98) are all on clearance at the Tucker, GA Target on Lavista Rd.

don't know if these are on here either but at my local target they had fantastic 4 for the pc for $13 and change and viewtiful joe 2 for 12.98 or something. Was going to pick up viewtiful joe but was waiting to see what condition my gc from consumerdepot would be in. When I went back it was gone but there might still be copies lurking somewhere

How is MK: D? From all I've heard the fighting system is just like DA, which was complete trash. I don't care about fluff and extra stuff, if the fighting system is good.

The MK: D Premuim Pack does have the OG arcade Mortal Kombat, that was RIPPED from the Midway Arcade Treasures 2, included. Great port, aged poorly.

Otherwise it is 3D fighting fare, which is not really my bag, so I'm not a good judge.

Got the Bongos yesterday for $14.88. Then picked up Jungle Beat for $40 at EB. I know I could have just bought the set, but then I wouldn't be buying anything on sale. :D

They still had a few Bongo's at mine, I'm hoping for 9.99 or less, there all locked up behind glass.

Anyway...

Rainbox Six 3 - PS2 - 4.98
Lord Of The Rings - FOTR - Xbox - 4.24

As Always, YMMV
ESPN Basketball 2k5 $5
ESPN NCAA BB 2k5 $5
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $5
Atari Anthology $5
Neo Contra $5

I am sure you could find others...in short, the stuff they have been working on clearing out over the last few weeks is finally hitting bottom....

Anyone find any good stuff at any ChicagoLand targets?

I was at my local target(brickyard) and they had these on clearance.

gamecube wavebird comtroller $14.98 (8 left)
viewtiful joe 2 (gamecube) for $12 (2 left)
ps2 ghost in the shell $10 (3 left)
gba link cables $3 (2 left)
gba star wars $14 (2 left)
xbox dirt motorcyle game $5 (alot)
a few sport psone games -madden-baseball for $5 (few left)

FYI

Midland, MI Target...

I searched the thread and saw a few previous references, some at $20.98 and some at $25.48. Figured I would mention it anyway.

I picked up Fire Emblem for $20.98. Very hard to find new any more. Snapped it right up.

They had a bunch of other stuff, either priced too high or not of any note for me (Spongebob, Barbie Horse Riding, etc).

Only other one of note was Zelda: The Four Swords for GC - but at $35 it was too rich for my blood.

I'm interested in the Wavebird's, but haven't checked my Target yet. How much are they going for and is this clearance all over the US?

[quote name='.JPG']I'm interested in the Wavebird's, but haven't checked my Target yet. How much are they going for and is this clearance all over the US?[/QUOTE]

It's for the grey controller only, not the platinum. Some Targets have them for $14.98, mine still have them for $20.98, so YMMV. But by now, all Targets should be clearancing them.

[quote name='E-Z-B']It's for the grey controller only, not the platinum. Some Targets have them for $14.98, mine still have them for $20.98, so YMMV. But by now, all Targets should be clearancing them.[/QUOTE]

Ok awesome, I'll probably end up checking it out. My bro is interested in getting one, but for $15, I'm thinking about another one, even though I already have 4 Nintendo official corded controllers and 1 wavebird.

Man im really tempted to go to target right now. Never see anything that cheap except that Carbealla Big game hunter thing. Yah target

These were at my local Target tonight:

PC
City of Herows DVD Edition - 20.98
Doom 3 Expansion Pack - 9.98

Xbox MicroCon - 12.48
PS2 Network Adaptor - 17.48
PS2 Multi-tap - 12.48

Yesterday I found Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for $4.98 @ the North Hills Target in Raleigh, NC. It was the last copy.

man, why do stores near me (i.e. Target) never have the good deals? no luck i say. my target in Allentown, PA had the Wavebirds at 20.98 and Neverwinter Nights Platinum Edition for 27.98. all over this thread i see people getting them for much cheaper...

anyway, yeah for my 100th post!!!!

I saw the NVWN: Platinum for 19.99 but I'll hold out for the Diamond odds are by the time I get around to playing the Platinum the Diamond will be clearencing out..

Can anyone tell me if Target will further reduce prices on a certain date? Mine had Fire Emblem and Metroid: Zero Mission for $20.97 each, but I wanted to get it lower. Thanks for any help.

I saw a bunch of PC games at 30% off down from $20 to $14. Nothing really interested me but might be worth a look. I also saw a couple of grey wavebirds and bongos for $14.99 on clearance. The Third Age for Gamecube was also down to $13. Lots of good stuff but I didn't need any of it so I left it there.

[quote name='banpeikun']Can anyone tell me if Target will further reduce prices on a certain date? Mine had Fire Emblem and Metroid: Zero Mission for $20.97 each, but I wanted to get it lower. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

I think in general price changes are done on Mondays for electronics, although that might vary from store to store. It also takes a couple of weeks for specific games to go lower, so try to wait it out if your looking for a better deal.

[quote name='Mafia']I think in general price changes are done on Mondays for electronics, although that might vary from store to store. It also takes a couple of weeks for specific games to go lower, so try to wait it out if your looking for a better deal.[/QUOTE]So Monday mornings are the best time to go in for a fresh game pricedrop? yummy..

fuck . . . I've been watching my Target's clearance section so carefully. But I refused to go out on Monday (holiday) and my schedule didn't allow for yesterday.

So, I go into Target and the swollen clearance section is now decimated . . . I think Simpsons Road Rage (had been $5) just dropped out of the store . . . was hoping they would go to $2.50. This store has gotten very anal about inventory. I laugh when I hear people finding games that dropped months earlier . . . not at my store.

Anyway I got $5 copies of these PS2 titles Atari, NeoContra, Ghost in the Shell, Megaman X8 . . . all for tradein deals at EB. Unless anyone wants to trade for them. . . PM me.

[quote name='banpeikun']Can anyone tell me if Target will further reduce prices on a certain date? Mine had Fire Emblem and Metroid: Zero Mission for $20.97 each, but I wanted to get it lower. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Metroid: Zero Mission is $14.99 at TRU on Green Tag. There was still a lot of copies left at my store. Also, you can wait for 70% off on the 27th, if your store has a lot of copies.

[quote name='terutt']As Always, YMMV
ESPN Basketball 2k5 $5
ESPN NCAA BB 2k5 $5
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $5
Atari Anthology $5
Neo Contra $5

I am sure you could find others...in short, the stuff they have been working on clearing out over the last few weeks is finally hitting bottom....[/QUOTE]managed to score the last copy of neo contra, thanks for the heads-up.

Just pickup

Narc (PS2) $4.98
Tom Clancy's Raibow Six 3 (PS2) $4.98
Def Jam 2: Fight for NY $13.98

Along with Suikoden 4 $20. Just wanted to used my Gift Card instead Cashes :)

Finally stopped by the one nearest my house (Harper Woods, MI in Eastland Mall), since the one by work had nothing, and grabbed two Wavebirds. There was another one still. For anyone going there most of the clearence games stuff is back by the stereos and not where you'd think to look. There's almost a half dozen Fire Emblems and a couple MZM's but they're still at $20. There's also a couple wireless GBA adapters for like $15 behind some other stuff. Madden 2005 can be had for $7.50 and there's a Crystal Chronicles and two GC Wario Wares but they're still over $20. Hopefully they'll drop since I'd like to pick 'em up.

well all i can say that at the target in salinas, CA near the northridge mall and all they got is ice climbers on gba for 6.49 i think. Thats the only good one

got over at maplecrest

Godzilla save the earth ps2 4.98
neo contra ps2 4.98

AND THE GAME EVERYONE NEEDS TO OWN ITS SO FREAKING GOOD :)

Tonka rescue patrol gamecube 3.84

if anyone wants to trade for them let me know cause i know they will be sitting sealed for awhile (at least 3-6 months ,,, that is how long of a game backup i got

[quote name='aoLat']Metroid: Zero Mission is $14.99 at TRU on Green Tag. There was still a lot of copies left at my store. Also, you can wait for 70% off on the 27th, if your store has a lot of copies.[/QUOTE]Yeah I actually got it yesterday at TRU. Is Fire Emblem green tagged at TRU? Mine didn't have any..

[quote name='slidecage']got over at maplecrest

Godzilla save the earth ps2 4.98
neo contra ps2 4.98

AND THE GAME EVERYONE NEEDS TO OWN ITS SO FREAKING GOOD :)

Tonka rescue patrol gamecube 3.84
[/QUOTE]

Okay, I know what you mean. But my son loved this game. It's a great game for boys in the 3-6 year old age range. One of the better kids' games.

University Hts, OH:

Picked up the last platinum Wavebird, that was incorrectly tagged: rang up as $29.99, had to override it. Made me feel better about getting a totally unnecessary extra controller.

Also:

Two Towers (GC) - $10.48 (glad I didn't get this used for the free shipping at EB this morning, gonna wait for that to drop to $6.98 or so)
MP1 - $13.98
FF:CC - still $20.98, that has to drop one of these days.
Four Swords - $34.98

Otherwise the usual ridiculous amount of GBA games clearanced and a few XB or PS2 that weren't of much interest (or have been posted numerous times)

Thank God at least one Target around me has decent clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back