Not open for further replies.

radjago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
*Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='flaprabbit']Picked up Mortal Kombat Deception $10.04 in Long Beach today. Got the last one I could see.[/QUOTE]

What system?

[quote name='bmulligan']I saw Net adaptors too at the Livonia, MI store yesterday. 2 left @ 8.48.

At the Livonia Target on Haggerty Rd. I got:

Wolverine's Revenge GBA 3.xx
True Crime GC 5.04
Mega Man Anniv. Collect. GC 7.48
POP Wwarrior Within GC 7.48
FF Crystal Chronicals GC 7.48

1 set of Konga Bongos for 7.48 (one set was left as of yesterday afternoon)

There were multiple copies left of all above games, FYI

I should have picked up the wireless Jedi Controllers too, but for some reason I forgot to go back for them. 7.48 is a pretty good price. Anybody have these and know if they're junk or not ?[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow I'm picking up VJ2 (GC) and a Halo 2 Headset for my brother ($12.48). I'm definitely going to get PoP: WW (GC) (finally down to $7.48) and maybe Wolverine (GBA) and True Crime (GC). Thanks for the heads-up and it's good to see another CAG so close to me. :D

I picked up two Sony DualShock 2 Slate Gray color for $6.24 each at the Canton Ohio location. They also had a stawars wireless Xbox controller for less then $7.

[quote name='Osiriskent']I picked up two Sony DualShock 2 Slate Gray color for $6.24 each at the Canton Ohio location. They also had a stawars wireless Xbox controller for less then $7.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it - I got the same. Look around in and amongst the black ones. That's where I found a Slate Grey - not marked as a clearance item either.

On another note, at the same Target, there had been at least 50-75 clearance games just 2 days ago. Nothing spectacular - VJ2 for GC at $9.98, GC True Crime $9.98, Custom Robo $14.98, NFL Street $9.98, a bunch of GBA games (including several Yoshi's Island at $14.98). I had wanted many of these upon a further drop. When I went it today they were ALL gone. No way they were bought in the last 2 days. Further confirmation that they are removing them - I went and got a VJ2 I had hidden in the toy section. It rang up "File Not Found". They hand-scanned it though and it came up $9.98 still, so I passed. Then I heard an employee who was rummaging through the electronics area putting things in a large cart say she had to take that - it was going in the back with the rest. SO, they do seem to be getting rid of stuff earlier than before. They could have sold most of those games, I bet, with just another price cut ($5 - $8 for most of them). Oh well... None were ones I could live without (many I had only wanted at $2.48 and that wasn't gonna happen).

Same thing here, we had a stack of madden 2005 games i think for gamecube, huge stack, maybe like 20-30 copies, yesterday they mysteriously dissappeared, and there is NO way someone came in and bought all those games, they were priced at 14.98 or something.

We are wondering what is going on.

This is a bad development for us "flippers" . . . I've loved Target because I have been able to get $5 games without feeling like I'm hoarding because they have so many and the demand is less (not like a BB or CC sale). The games make great fodder for EB and get $10 on tradein deals.

Went over to Target at Lunch. This is what I found out. They are changing their video games area (new display cases,new kiosks, etc.) and they are getting rid of some games. Mine no longer had the clearance rack like it normally did. I asked the clerk if they still had clearance items and he said yeah and pointed to an end cap. It was not clearly marked and it contained tons of different electronics items. I did find these for Gamecube and scanned them:

Zelda 4 swords-scanned 24.98
Ncaa 05 football scanned 14.98

GBA

Fire Emblem 10.98

So if you go and the regular clearance aisle is gone check with the clerk as they may have moved any remaining clearance games to another area. I got the sense that the display changes were company wide and that they would be getting rid of clearance games once the displays were set up.

I wnet to Target Jax, FL. Southside Blvd.

Also They started having 2-packs on PS2 games and I saw a new 2-pack that said "Sonic Adventures 2 Pack" on the counter (loks like they just received it and hadn't placed it on the shelf yet)no price was listed.

[quote name='undyingforce5']is there a master list of games on clearance? or do i have to sift through the 30 some pages of this thread?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Since each store is different, I think most people are just posting what they're finding on clearance. YMMV is definitely true. Now, if you don't have anything to do for the next few days, why not make a master list for us? ;)

[quote name='undyingforce5']is there a master list of games on clearence?

or do i have to sift through the 30 some pages of this thread?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Target clearance is up to individual store managers so no there is no way to make a master list. Typically, they will clearance similar things at the similar time because they will recieve notice that the item is discontinued being carried in the store.

[quote name='csidegamer']Super Target
South Elgin, IL
Had 2 copies of Donkey Conga Bongos for $7.48 as of last night.[/QUOTE]

Bongos only? Not the one with DK2?

That's the Target I normally go to.

Since clearance prices are very YMMV and therefore there is no master list, it would really help more people to list the store locations where you found things.

Just a suggestion. At least, it would help ME out...

I was in Goodwill today and found a sealed copy of Lord of the Rings for GBA for $3.99 (and a complete copy of Crystalis SNK game for NES for $2.99)

Looks like a Target game.

[quote name='shajek']Bongos only? Not the one with DK2?

That's the Target I normally go to.[/QUOTE]

Not Sure.
It was in the game case and I just looked at the price.
And I don't have a Gamecube. Yet.

I did notice any of the better games on clearance were still in the game case.

[quote name='schultzed']I was in Goodwill today and found a sealed copy of Lord of the Rings for GBA for $3.99 (and a complete copy of Crystalis SNK game for NES for $2.99)

Looks like a Target game.[/QUOTE]

Could be - though if that is the case I really don't see why Target didn't reduce that to $5 and sell it. Instead they seem to be getting rid of many things when they are at $10 now. There is one Target I plan to hit up next week that had a bunch of stuff (including LOTR games) that I was interested in. I will see if they are cleared out as well... They weren't remodeling the game section at this one, so maybe I'll be OK. Though the one I went to yesterday wasn't doing that either, and they got rid of everything on clearance.

[quote name='io']Could be - though if that is the case I really don't see why Target didn't reduce that to $5 and sell it. Instead they seem to be getting rid of many things when they are at $10 now. There is one Target I plan to hit up next week that had a bunch of stuff (including LOTR games) that I was interested in. I will see if they are cleared out as well... They weren't remodeling the game section at this one, so maybe I'll be OK. Though the one I went to yesterday wasn't doing that either, and they got rid of everything on clearance.[/QUOTE]
This just means I should probably hide a copy of FF: CC somewhere, in case they ditch it before it drops to $10. Mine are all remodeled, so the clearance has shrunk dramatically, but some are still around.

[quote name='botticus']This just means I should probably hide a copy of FF: CC somewhere, in case they ditch it before it drops to $10. Mine are all remodeled, so the clearance has shrunk dramatically, but some are still around.[/QUOTE]

Definitely do that - because otherwise it just goes into the black hole (ie, you won't be 'hoarding it' from someone else since they will just remove it anyway). You might have to have them hand-scan it later since it will probably switch to "Item Not Found". Then they will just go with the sticker price - but I always ask for a scan too, in case it dropped more in the mean time.

[quote name='io']Definitely do that - because otherwise it just goes into the black hole (ie, you won't be 'hoarding it' from someone else since they will just remove it anyway). You might have to have them hand-scan it later since it will probably switch to "Item Not Found". Then they will just go with the sticker price - but I always ask for a scan too, in case it dropped more in the mean time.[/QUOTE]

I've considered that too. Do you guys have any tips on hiding places?

[quote name='erehwon']I've considered that too. Do you guys have any tips on hiding places?[/QUOTE]
Anywhere other than the clearance section, really. Random places are good, basically just somewhere you don't see them moving merchandise around much (i.e. not the console/PC game areas). DVDs are probably good to hide in as long as you remember where you put it.

[quote name='io']Could be - though if that is the case I really don't see why Target didn't reduce that to $5 and sell it. Instead they seem to be getting rid of many things when they are at $10 now. There is one Target I plan to hit up next week that had a bunch of stuff (including LOTR games) that I was interested in. I will see if they are cleared out as well... They weren't remodeling the game section at this one, so maybe I'll be OK. Though the one I went to yesterday wasn't doing that either, and they got rid of everything on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Mine is definitely dumping stuff before it bottoms out :whistle2:(

They aren't remodeling . . . just anal retentive about inventory.

On the way home from getting my son, I stopped at a Salvation Army and found myself a $5 Atari Flashback . . . the price point I wanted.

I've been hiding the clearance stuff for it to drop further for months now. Definitely the way to go, especially now that they're clearing it out when it hits a certain point.

[quote name='botticus']Anywhere other than the clearance section, really. Random places are good, basically just somewhere you don't see them moving merchandise around much (i.e. not the console/PC game areas). DVDs are probably good to hide in as long as you remember where you put it.[/QUOTE]

Well I can tell you two places that worked for about 2 months, but then when the games finally should've dropped... they had vanished, anyway behind the blank movies and in the light fixture. It was my friend's idea, a great one too, had it just lasted a little longer...

Well, for some reason the VJ2 and PoP: WW were gone when I went back for them today. Somehow someone found it behind the tools department...?! I did get the Halo 2 headset for my brother at $12.48 and got PoP: WW (GC) at another Target for $7.54. I'm still happy though. :D

Stopped at Goodwill 1/2 mile from Super Target in South Elgin, IL and found:
GC PoP:WW $4.99
GC FF:CC $4.99
GC 007 EON $4.99
GC True Crime $4.99
XB NCAA 2005 Football $3.99

All had Target Clearance Stickers still on them.

Target is definately moving the clearance stuff out the door, and down the street in my case.

[quote name='csidegamer']Stopped at Goodwill 1/2 mile from Super Target in South Elgin, IL and found:
GC 007 EON $4.99
GC True Crime $4.99

Target is definately moving the clearance stuff out the door, and down the street in my case.[/QUOTE]
And this is why a copy of FF: CC is now sitting in the back of a stack of Richard Pryor movies.

And another lone copy of Second Sight popped up on the rack again, that wasn't there two days ago. Funny how things show up.

[quote name='csidegamer']Stopped at Goodwill 1/2 mile from Super Target in South Elgin, IL and found:
GC 007 EON $4.99
GC True Crime $4.99

Target is definately moving the clearance stuff out the door, and down the street in my case.[/QUOTE]
Heh, my Target and Goodwill are literally right across the street from each other.

GC 007 EON $4.99
GC True Crime $4.99

Interesting - those are pretty much what disappeared from my Target over the weekend... I have no idea where Goodwill is around that Target though. Will have to look into it. I would definitely want POP:WW and FF:CC for those prices!

[quote name='io']Interesting - those are pretty much what disappeared from my Target over the weekend... I have no idea where Goodwill is around that Target though. Will have to look into it. I would definitely want POP:WW and FF:CC for those prices![/QUOTE]

I bought them and don't even have a gamecube yet! :lol:

That's funny. There is a Goodwill almost directly across the street from my local target also. And I'm in NC.

[quote name='io']Interesting - those are pretty much what disappeared from my Target over the weekend... I have no idea where Goodwill is around that Target though. Will have to look into it. I would definitely want POP:WW and FF:CC for those prices![/QUOTE]
Nearest Goodwill is an hour away. I have a feeling my Target did not send them there. I might just have to ask next time I see someone working in the video game section.

Did a quick search of the thread, didn't find anything. Madkatz livecons were on clearance for 9.90 or something close to that at the Clifton Park NY Target. This comes with a controller with mic plug built in, a crappy headset, and a free 2 month xbl sub. I picked up two and am probably going to make most of my money back selling the subs. There was 3 left as of sunday.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Heh, my Target and Goodwill are literally right across the street from each other.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should try stopping by Goodwill and see what's there from time to time.

I've heard some of you mention using a website to print out UPCs that you scan at Target, to see if things have gone down? Can anyone tell me that website address?? I tried searching the forums for it, but i didn't get back any results. And I tried googling, but couldn't find a site that would let me do that. Thanks! :D

Ash

[quote name='PleasantOne']I've heard some of you mention using a website to print out UPCs that you scan at Target, to see if things have gone down? Can anyone tell me that website address?? I tried searching the forums for it, but i didn't get back any results. And I tried googling, but couldn't find a site that would let me do that. Thanks! :D

Ash[/QUOTE]

http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php

I don't remember if this is the same one, but I got this by Googling "Bardcode Generator." Methinks you need to stop by your local library for a tutorial on researching. You'll need it for school. ;)

Other hits are linked from here.

[quote name='spideymike']http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php

I don't remember if this is the same one, but I got this by Googling "Bardcode Generator." Methinks you need to stop by your local library for a tutorial on researching. You'll need it for school. ;)

Other hits are linked from here.[/QUOTE]

Thankee :D I was searching for "print" and UPC, I believe.

Hate to keep plugging up the thread with chatter, but... I have no clue what type of barcode I now need to generate? I didn't even know there WERE different kinds...

I can probably google and find that somehow, though, right? ;)

Ash

*edit* Well, didn't figure that out, but found another site, UPCdatabase.com :D

GC 007 EON $4.99
GC True Crime $4.99

I did hit the Super Target and grabbed one of the $7.48 Bongos. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't see any other good game deals, but the Jedi Knight Xbox wireless controllers were $7.48. Someone hid one in the toy section waiting for the next drop.

Have you hit the Goodwill in Batavia? And were there any other copies of the GC games at the South Elgin Goodwill?

[quote name='shajek']I did hit the Super Target and grabbed one of the $7.48 Bongos. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't see any other good game deals, but the Jedi Knight Xbox wireless controllers were $7.48. Someone hid one in the toy section waiting for the next drop.

Have you hit the Goodwill in Batavia? And were there any other copies of the GC games at the South Elgin Goodwill?[/QUOTE]

Glad you got a set of the Bongos.

Haven't hit Goodwill in Batavia, Yet. I don't care too much for that store.

I got the last FF:CC and POP:WW in South Elgin.
There were still some True Crime for GC and NCAA Football for XBOX last night.

[quote name='csidegamer']Haven't hit Goodwill in Batavia, Yet. I don't care too much for that store.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've never found anything good at the Goodwill in Batavia. They had a couple of boxed Genesis games that I didn't care for last time I checked... That's about it.

I had a good hiding place that got discovered :whistle2:( I hadn't used it much, so, I gave up on doing it.

Another tool is http://www.upcdatabase.com/

and get the upc code to enter from www.half.com

This works really well if stuff is in the case. If you ask them to scan it then they will be alerted to its clearance status. My Target was great for awhile . . . I loved the shocked look from clerks as a price was actually $4.98 not the $29.99 of the tag!

yeah, it does seem the local Target here has had all of the clearence games disappear save a pokemon video for gba that was hidden behind things... red-tagged PC games were still mixed in with the regular PC games, though, but most were of the $13+ variety... It would be interesting if someone could get some word from a target employee with regard to whether Target is just collecting these games for bulk sale to other store liquidators, e.g., Big Lots, etc... or if people are just, in fact, buying them up at their higher-priced red-tags (which seems somewhat likely around here since I have little faith people see anything other than the clearence sticker and assume they are getting a deal... same thing happened when TRU went 30% off... it was crazy how many jumped... )

I could see some of the games selling here, but there is no way that entire stack of maddens was sold at the target here, i can see the wolverines revenge selling for 10$ and some of the pokemon videos selling for 7.48 cause there were only a few copies of each item. Either that or the employees that work at the target here, and at other targets are stashing the games in the back room and buying them as soon as they are on clearance for the cheapest price.

I wouldnt be surprised if some people start working in the electronics dept just cause they know target marks down the games and they want good deals on them

As for hiding places, i wouldnt try the dvds cause it would be obvious and they probably go through them to look for hidden games, i would try non obvious places

under a stack of bags of halloween candy

behind several boxes of cereal that is not too popular

behind some of the office supply items (try behind the bubble wrap)

under a stack of kids clothing maybe

Try to pick a place that target is not going to need to clean up or restock between the time you are looking to pick up the game and the time its gonna be clearanced out for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back